Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:33 AM

Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List (33411 Views)

Dangote Listed Among World’s 50 Most Influential Persons / Shekau Shuns TIME 100 Gala / Buhari And Shekau Fail To Attend TIME 100 Gala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by Uteghe(m): 7:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
Boko Haram’s leader, Abubakar Shekau has been named in the Time Magazine annual 100 influential people in the world list.

In a release on Thursday by the magazine, Shekau described as “Scourge of Africa” was named under the leaders category.

He was named along with President-elect, General Mohammadu Buhari and former Minister of Education and leader of the Brigbackourgirls campaign group , Oby Ezekwesili

Most Americans do not yet recognize his name, but the citizens of Nigeria, Africa’s most populous country, know Abubakar Shekau all too well: he is the most violent killer their country has ever seen. Shekau took over the terrorist organization Boko Haram in 2009 after the group had been weakened by Nigerian government forces.

A brief profile of Shekau reads:

“Shekau, who is believed to be in his 30s, began to stage increasingly daring kidnapping and killing raids on schools, churches and mosques thought by Boko Haram to be violating their interpretation of Islam. The taking of over 200 schoolgirls in April 2014 brought Boko Haram into the international spotlight.

“By most accounts, Boko Haram has killed more than 10,000 people and is spreading into neighboring countries. Shekau’s latest action may finally summon a U.S. response: he has publicly aligned his group with ISIS, the terrorist group that holds territory in Syria and Iraq and has expanded its reach into Yemen and Libya.”
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/shekau-on-times-100-influential-persons-list/
Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by ShowYourCertificate: 8:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
I wasn't a bit surprised. Shekau was Buhari's foot soldier. He succeeded in influencing Nigerians to see Jonathan as a weak president. He succeeded in influencing Nigerians into thinking it's only a general that can save us. He's the one who made Nigerians scream for change. Nigerians were influenced by Shekau and Buhari to vote for APC out of fear. He's definitely the most influential guy in Nigeria. Kudos to him.

156 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by acenazt: 8:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
Maine this man is growing More infamous by the minute. Anyways GMB will repeat what happened to his predisessor Mai tatsine

18 Likes

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by Beehshorp(m): 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
Buhari wins the election

Bokoharam turn peacemakers

And shekau gets influential

I smell foul play

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by holatin(m): 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
what da Bleep !

if shekau the mad dog can make that list what of me a law abiding progressive agent ?

wetin I dey talk self

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by sosanova: 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
l
Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by niceguy7(m): 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
Why shekau? undecided

1 Like

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
Didn't this news bit hit FP earlier, or have I become a prophet of some kind? I think the latter is the case. In that case:
Contact Mr. RickRichards for your accurate prophecies. Starting from $1,000,000 per prophecy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by okotv(m): 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
this one is strong
Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ok oooo
Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by hemartins(m): 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
How many times will I see this today on FP
Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by omenka(m): 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
Na wa oo!! shocked

I thought Olukolade said they've killed this fvcker. What is going on

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by GodMode: 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
Anyone that appears on T.V is now termed "influential"

The world is going haywire..

5 Likes

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by holatin(m): 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
I wasn't a bit surprised. Shekau was Buhari's foot soldier. He succeeded in influencing Nigerians to see Jonathan as a weak president. He succeeded in influencing Nigerians into thinking it's only a general that can save us. He's the one who made Nigerians scream for change. Nigerians were influenced by Shekau and Buhari to vote for APC out of fear. He's definitely the most influential guy in Nigeria. Kudos to him.
mehn how low is your reasoning dude ?

Can you think like human for once ? let's say shakau is buhari foot soldier what stop Jonathan in waging a war against something that could term him as a clueless and incompetent twerp.
stop crying on threads, Jonathan failed and he was booted out the same way he was voted for in 2011.

stop crying,your job as PDP mouthpiece has come to an end, get a job

112 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by ugosonics: 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
hmmm
Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by lilprinze: 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
The last time I checked, I thought being on times influential list was for well meaning individuals who have achieved and still achieving a lot.
Why elevate an evil person? Please what's the essence of this publication?

19 Likes

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by uzolexis(f): 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
Time magazine- I think we need to redefine that word "INFLUENTIAL"

17 Likes

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
Too bad they put him on such list.

2 Likes

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by godoluwa(m): 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by kayode27: 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
His inclusion is not questionable. grin

He played a key role (retrogressive) in the current dispensation and even influenced the voting pattern in the just concluded elections.

He put Nigeria on the world map for the wrong reasons.

It can never be well with him, family and generations yet unborn.

9 Likes

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by DeCritique(m): 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
Hehehe....

Who says Terrorism doesn't bring fame??

*begins to polish my Bazooka*

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by Realdeals(m): 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ok!
Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by abbasbo003(m): 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

U need brain transplant fast, fast before u go other side

34 Likes

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by dayodare49o: 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
He deserves it! He shakes the world.
Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
who knws maybe the source of this news is the sponsorer. just suspecting tongue undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ever since I joined nairaland....This is my first appearance on Front page!....
Modified!
I dedicate this space to my sweet mother! Who's been healthy and still looking very young!
Love you mum!

1 Like

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by Texcoco(m): 8:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
It will annoy the janjaweedes to no end that none of their thieving demi-gods which includes Thieffnubu,Buhari,Amaechi or Saraki once touted as the supposed five who brought down this government are not even up to the islamic ragamuffin in influence and awe...according to Times....Haaaahaaa.

4 Likes

Re: Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List by uzolexis(f): 8:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

H for 'h03'
See her mouth like H

Edited tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Wins Street Credibility Award, Nigerians React (photos) / Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? / Charly Boy's Song About Atiku Got Nigerians Talking As Festus Keyamo Shares Vide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.