Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,206 members, 7,807,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? (7681 Views)

Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening / What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents? / Don't You Just Hate It When Some Parents Boast About Their Kids. . .? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Sapphic: 8:58pm On Feb 02, 2009
OMG! The toilets in my boarding school back home in Nigeria were well terrible. embarassed

KarmaMod:

Oniranu. When you dont have self control not to look n ko tongue jealously lo mu cos it's going into the baby;s mouth instead grin\

Walahi, I always avert my gaze o. Na only God say make I no get stiff neck from looking left for an extended period one day. What joy is there to get from watching a milk industry in production? undecided
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 02, 2009
Urgh, over here, even at the most poshest schools, once, I saw the remainders of a bacon sandwhich on the edge a toilet seat, wonders they say shall never end

What else? Poo stains, blood, you name it, it seems like everyday there's a new 'flavor'  tongue
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by SeanT21(f): 9:15pm On Feb 02, 2009
maxell:

It's not just the school's bathroom; it's Liberia in general.

Dont diss my country. wink
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by folkzy(f): 9:15pm On Feb 02, 2009
To people arguing about feeding your baby outside being disgusting.

I strongly believe that it is not disgusting. Several theorist have suggested how baby get attached to their mothers through breast-feeding. what is the point of breast-pump? u might as well give your baby formula milk,  I can't believe a lady on this earth actually finds it digusting when someone breastfeed their baby outside. That doesn't have anything to do with hygiene cuz if it does, i'm sure different studies/research wud have criticise it.

I'm actually thinking the people against it (on nairaland) are bunch of 12 yr olds who knows nothing about babies, pregnancy, etc. u need to do some research!

What I hate: someone not flushing the toilet, yarning without covering mouth, coughing without covering mount, ladies not shaving their armpit and wearing a sleavless top, as in, that is a no-no.
People looking trampy.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by KarmaMod(f): 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2009
lmao maxwell, ika ni e sha
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 02, 2009
ibkaye:

Urgh, over here, even at the most poshest schools, once, I saw the remainders of a bacon sandwhich on the edge a toilet seat, wonders they say shall never end

What else? Poo stains, blood, you name it, it seems like everyday there's a new 'flavor' tongue
i did not see that
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 02, 2009
OMO IBO:

i did not see that
Times have changed, plus I'm talking about before the cleaners come to attend to to it grin
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 02, 2009
ibkaye:

Times have changed, plus I'm talking about before the cleaners come to attend to to it grin

ma'am, it still doesnt address the fact that 'most' and 'poshest' cannot be used in the same sentence.
i understood/understand what u r driving at but 'most poshest' is wrong.

but, i still did not see it sha.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 02, 2009
OMO IBO:

ma'am, it still doesnt address the fact that 'most' and 'poshest' cannot be used in the same sentence.
i understood/understand what u r driving at but 'most poshest' is wrong.

but, i still did not see it sha.
Oops my bad, sorry about that, thanks for the correction smiley

You didn't see it? Why would you? You be girl? shocked cheesy
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by annyplenty(m): 11:28pm On Feb 02, 2009
i cant stand CHEWING OF GUM and making nasty sound with it.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by spikedcylinder: 8:21am On Feb 03, 2009
folkzy:

To people arguing about feeding your baby outside being disgusting.

I strongly believe that it is not disgusting. Several theorist have suggested how baby get attached to their mothers through breast-feeding. what is the point of breast-pump? u might as well give your baby formula milk,  I can't believe a lady on this earth actually finds it digusting when someone breastfeed their baby outside. That doesn't have anything to do with hygiene cuz if it does, i'm sure different studies/research wud have criticise it.

I'm actually thinking the people against it (on nairaland) are bunch of 12 yr olds who knows nothing about babies, pregnancy, etc. u need to do some research!

What I hate: someone not flushing the toilet, yarning without covering mouth, coughing without covering mount, ladies not shaving their armpit and wearing a sleavless top, as in, that is a no-no.
People looking trampy.

This is ridiculous.

I hate seeing people whip out their breasts or d,icks (for those men who pee outside) in public.Yes, its not an hygiene issue but it can be said to be socially retarded to do so. undecided
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by folkzy(f): 1:52pm On Feb 03, 2009
how is it ridiculous? most mothers breast-feed their baby outiside if there's a need for it n it ain't absurd or anything.

Also how is that socially retarded? socially retarded and breast-feeding can't be in the same sentence. Hence, i rest my case.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by seun001(m): 2:20pm On Feb 03, 2009
flush the toilet when finished and dnt soil the floor damn.
if u know ur hand is wet or soiled dnt bleeping shake hands with anybody(keep ur bacteria to urself)
if u know u are susceptible to bad breath,buy a mouth wash or chew gum permanently(dnt suffocate ur colleagues).
if u cant manage those chipped nails just cut them.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 03, 2009
spikedcylinder:

This is ridiculous.

I hate seeing people whip out their breasts or d,icks (for those men who pee outside) in public.Yes, its not an hygiene issue but it can be said to be socially retarded to do so. :-\

please tell me this is a joke. please. this has to be a joke.

so breast feeding a hungry baby is retarded?
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by folkzy(f): 4:50pm On Feb 03, 2009
@ OMO IBO, pls tell her! I don't get it.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 03, 2009
OMO IBO:

LOL, I thought the discussion was over.

Leave them, they just want to be fancy grin grin

nna wa!! Some women sha grin grin

@post
What is up with you men not lifting up the toilet seat when you pee?
It's eww, you know.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by SeanT21(f): 8:05pm On Feb 03, 2009
HeatFusion:

LOL, I thought the discussion was over.

Leave them, they just want to be fancy grin grin

nna wa!! Some women sha grin grin

@post
What is up with you men not lifting up the toilet seat when you pee?
It's eww, you know.

Yes.I have 2 brothers and anytime I go to use the bathroom without wiping the seat,My ass get soaked with pee.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Sapphic: 4:19am On Feb 04, 2009
folkzy:

how is it ridiculous? most mothers breast-feed their baby outiside if there's a need for it n it ain't absurd or anything.

Also how is that socially retarded? socially retarded and breast-feeding can't be in the same sentence. Hence, i rest my case.

Says who? [I just saw that socially retarded girl that was expelled from school breast-feeding her baby in front of the White House] I think that qualifies as a coherent sentence. Don't you? undecided

OMO IBO:

She did not say "retarded", she said "socially retarded". There is a difference between both. However, I agree that that was the wrong phrase to use, but I believe that Spiked meant something along the lines of many people view breast feeding in public as (socially) repugnant (I may of course be wrong as to her meaning smiley).
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 4:22am On Feb 04, 2009
Sapphic:

She did not say "retarded", she said "socially retarded". There is a difference between both. However, I agree that that was the wrong phrase to use, but I believe that Spiked meant something along the lines of many people view breast feeding in public as (socially) repugnant.
either way you try to uniform it, it's still ridiculous!

Nothing wrong with breastfeeding in public esp when a BLANKET is used to cover the baby's head, thereby covering the breast.

Na una wan be olofofo dey look at ppl's breast
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Sissy3(f): 4:41am On Feb 04, 2009
una still dey yab this breast thing

@topic

seriously, i hate folks who have breath odor, and they fully know their breath is not a morning dew and still they will talk in your face making you take in all their bad breath that is so bad, even a dog could tell the difference angry
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 04, 2009
aunty saphire, abeg, call a spade a spade!
whether socially retarded, socially repugnant or whatever phrase you guys choose to beautify it with. it's still absurd especially when there's a baby involved.

secondly, how can you agree she used the wrong phrase? i dont see where she may have hinted or even suggested that but you've gone ahead to say that.

abeg, if we dey take sides make we sometimes 'shine our eyes'.

aunty saphire, no pun intended. me and you be like 1 and 2.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by spikedcylinder: 9:55am On Feb 04, 2009
Yes, it is socially retarded i.e lacking social manners or decorum to whip out your breasts in public to feed a child. I am not saying children should not be breast fed but if you must feed your child, go somewhere private and if you don't have access to privacy, pack a bottle.
Simple.

I'm going to ignore ruby for calling me a "nna wa" woman. tongue
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 04, 2009
How about this scenario . . . . . . .
You are at a shop and your baby starts crying.
Everyone's looking you as the baby cries.
It is almost certain that the baby wants food.

What you are saying is ‘go somewhere private and if you don't have access to privacy, pack a bottle’.

Well, it’s a shop and the only private place is the toilet (thats if they have one).

Anyways, ignore the above

What if there are no private places like a bus, a plane etc? or may be the private place you are referring to maybe a public toilet.
What if you just forgot to take the bottle? . . . . . .you can’t tell me these things don’t happen.

Miss, not everyone is your world eh. Be realistic.

By the way, its best to breast feed a child than to use a bottle.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by spikedcylinder: 2:17pm On Feb 04, 2009
If you are going out with your child and you know your child needs to feed, search for privacy. If not, ALWAYS pack a bottle.

Of course its better to breast feed babies than to use a bottle, any doofus knows that. But do women always feed their babies in public? I mean, ALL THE TIME? The few times you are in public with your baby, please don't whip out your breasts. undecided

Its quite achievable you know.

I also think its very akin to opening your vagina to pee in public. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do right? undecided
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 04, 2009
I may have just cracked your views on this whole breast feeding thing. While you are going on about ‘the right thing to do’ i’m referring to ‘what’s (already) happening’ and how it is almost impossible to ignore a hungry crying baby.

if the above is right, then I’d like to inform you that things happen sometimes. I’m sure a good majority of the women who breast feed their babies in public have no other choice but to breast feed their babies. If it happens to be in public then so be it.

No loving mum will let her baby cry continuously while she looks for a private place

You know you are just being difficult.
You can’t liken breast feeding a hungry baby to a full fledged woman opening her snap cakes in public to pee. They are 2 completely different things.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by spikedcylinder: 4:16pm On Feb 04, 2009
OMO IBO:

I may have just cracked your views on this whole breast feeding thing. While you are going on about ‘the right thing to do’ i’m referring to ‘what’s (already) happening’ and how it is almost impossible to ignore a hungry crying baby.

The fact that its what is happening doesn't make it right. I'm not asking anyone to ignore a crying baby, don't just shove your nipples in my face during the process. undecided

if the above is right, then I’d like to inform you that things happen sometimes. I’m sure a good majority of the women who breast feed their babies in public have no other choice but to breast feed their babies. If it happens to be in public then so be it.

The thing is most of these mothers do not know or care that it is wrong.
Imagine as an adult now that I see a picture of my mother breast feeding me on a bus when I was a baby. I will be more than embarrassed not just by the fact that she's doing this on a bus but by the fact that she didn't care if strangers were staring at her breasts.
It is madness.

No loving mum will let her baby cry continuously while she looks for a private place

Before the so called mum lets it get to the "continuous" stage of crying, she would have popped in a feeder in the baby's mouth.

You know you are just being difficult.

Lol. And you are being. . . . ? I aired my views on here and you have disagreed with me even though you could have just let it go. Who is difficult again? cheesy cheesy cheesy

You can’t liken breast feeding a hungry baby to a full fledged woman opening her snap cakes in public to pee. They are 2 completely different things.

Why not? Burning loins as opposed to a hungry baby? Take care of yourself first they say. . . .

Next!?
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by KarmaMod(f): 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2009
Should I be surprised that majority that are against feeding babies outside have also expressed that they arent keen on having kids themselves? wink

Im Not.

Either way I hate hearing a crying baby on the train, PLANE, library, whatever either cos it's hungry or fussy, whatever. That is way worse than a woman feeding a baby in public.

I wish the only reason why people cry uncontrollably in public was cos of hunger. At least then the solution is simple.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by spikedcylinder: 4:37pm On Feb 04, 2009
I want kids o, eyin aiye! grin grin
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Ben13: 4:42pm On Feb 04, 2009
my teacher in the primaries made me understand that the young ones of a goat are called kids undecided
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Sapphic: 4:51pm On Feb 04, 2009
OMO IBO:

aunty saphire, abeg, call a spade a spade!
whether socially retarded, socially repugnant or whatever phrase you guys choose to beautify it with. it's still absurd especially when there's a baby involved.

secondly, how can you agree she used the wrong phrase? i dont see where she may have hinted or even suggested that but you've gone ahead to say that.

abeg, if we dey take sides make we sometimes 'shine our eyes'.

aunty saphire, no pun intended. me and you be like 1 and 2.

Look Papa Nnamdi, I clearly stated that that way my personal opinion and not Spiked as my definition of  the term "socially retarded" is narrower than hers. My eyes dey shine well well. Irrespective of whatever you say, I still think breastfeeding a baby in the full glare of the public is in bad taste. You keep on going about a crying baby in a supermarket or some other place. Every mother knows that babies need to be fed regularly (or at certain intervals), that is why many mothers express their breast milk into bottles for those very public places when it is inappropriate to whip out a breast. And since it is the same breast milk, the nutrients are the same. Clearly, many women do this or else we would perpetually have breasts thrust in our faces all day everyday.

OMO IBO:

A "loving" and responsible mum would have come prepared. Yes, there are times that things do not work out, but some women breastfeed whether it is an emergency or not. How does one explain that obnoxious woman always breastfeeding on my bus? angry

@ Ruby, obviously, if there was a blanket over the breast, I won't even complain much. But believe me, there are so many women who do not bother with this (obviously, some do, but not all).

Anyway sha, everyone has their own views on the matter. You guys think it is fine, I think it is repugnant.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Sapphic: 4:56pm On Feb 04, 2009
Ben20001:

my teacher in the primaries made me understand that the young ones of a goat are called kids undecided

ROFLMAO. . .they are, but like many things, the meaning has evolved. Almost the same as when I was little, Pussy meant a cat and Cock meant a male chicken and D.I.C.K was simply a name. LOL tongue

KarmaMod:

Should I be surprised that majority that are against feeding babies outside have also expressed that they arent keen on having kids themselves? wink

Im Not.

Iwo lo mo o. You are not what? Keen on having kids?
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Grizzly(m): 6:28pm On Feb 04, 2009
I hate to see GIRLS pee in public. That is a No-No.
I also hate it when people sneeze into their hands and rub it on their head. angry
Same with pips who scratch their arses in public like they plan on pulling out shit! shocked embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

One Man, One Room, One Motorcycle, Two Wives N Four Children! / A 2 and half year Old Beating With Turning Stick Because She Couldn't Count / Update on : Has My Wife Finally Moved On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.