Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? (7682 Views)

Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening / What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents? / Don't You Just Hate It When Some Parents Boast About Their Kids. . .? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Grizzly(m): 6:28pm On Feb 04, 2009
I hate to see GIRLS pee in public. That is a No-No.
I also hate it when people sneeze into their hands and rub it on their head. angry
Same with pips who scratch their arses in public like they plan on pulling out shit! shocked embarassed
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by topeal(f): 6:31pm On Feb 04, 2009
tope and oyinye i use to share the same sentiments about breastfeeding in pulic while  iwas still single but right now i can tell u my orientaton has changed wit two kids. there are times in public when the formular, toys, snacks water, etc just wont do and u would prefer the embarassment of breastfeeding in a public place than the siren wail that would draw hundreds of attention to you.
I tell you wait for ur time and see!
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 04, 2009
topeal:

tope and oyinye i use to share the same sentiments about breastfeeding in pulic while iwas still single but right now i can tell u my orientaton has changed wit two kids. there are times in public when the formular, toys, snacks water, etc just wont do and u would prefer the embarassment of breastfeeding in a public place than the siren wail that would draw hundreds of attention to you.

thank you.
spikey and saphire, the above comment is from a mother of not just 1 but 2.

na sisi eko dey do una. by the time una born pikin all this one una dey talk for here go change.

Topeal, thank you for driving home my point. o se gan!
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Sapphic: 8:36pm On Feb 04, 2009
Gerrout jor! Na you sabi. tongue I still stand by my opinion. Express the breast milk into a bottle for those public outings. Chikena. undecided
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by KarmaMod(f): 2:28am On Feb 05, 2009
Sapphic:

RO

Iwo lo mo o. You are not what? Keen on having kids?

Im not SURPRISED by the responses is all. wink I dont expect people who dont really want kids to see public breastfeeding as anything other than "gross"
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Sapphic: 2:45am On Feb 05, 2009
KarmaMod:

Im not SURPRISED by the responses is all. wink I dont expect people who dont really want kids to see public breastfeeding as anything other than "gross"

LOL. Do bear in mind that it is the breast exposure and not the kids that bother us (or me). Though I must also add that I always feel like strangling those children who bawl like there is no tomorrow (I am always well chuffed when any wedding I will be attending will not have kids. I am not a big wedding fan and a barely tolerable ceremony is almost always ruined by screaming brats. At last one of my Naija mates who got wed last year saw sense and vetoed any and all children from attending. Now that was a perfect wedding wink LOL).
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by SeanT21(f): 8:09am On Feb 05, 2009
topeal:

tope and oyinye i use to share the same sentiments about breastfeeding in pulic while iwas still single but right now i can tell u my orientaton has changed wit two kids. there are times in public when the formular, toys, snacks water, etc just wont do and u would prefer the embarassment of breastfeeding in a public place than the siren wail that would draw hundreds of attention to you.

So why not pack a bottle or two for emergency.Breastfeed your child in the privacy of your home and when in public use the bottle.I don't understand why ladies in here want their bare breast hanging out in public.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by spikedcylinder: 10:17am On Feb 05, 2009
topeal:

tope and oyinye i use to share the same sentiments about breastfeeding in pulic while  iwas still single but right now i can tell u my orientaton has changed wit two kids. there are times in public when the formular, toys, snacks water, etc just wont do and u would prefer the embarassment of breastfeeding in a public place than the siren wail that would draw hundreds of attention to you.

Well, the fact that you, a mother of two did the public breasticle thing doesn't make it right.

And omo ibo, no I wont be learning from her tyvm.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by folkzy(f): 10:28am On Feb 05, 2009
You have the option not to look when a woman is breast-feeding her baby outside. I don't have a baby yet but I understand why some mothers breast-feed outside. It's upto individual what they prefer, for someone  to start calling it some silly name is uncalled for.  esp for women calling names, i will understand from a male perspectives , sorry if i'm being sexist.
Most modern mothers are worried about snide remarks or strange looks from people around them when feeding outside and some don't even care. And btw, there are different techniques that mothers can follow when breast-feeding their baby in public places. we should bear in mind that for a first-time mum is not easy to know the dos/don't

[b]Example of an incident:[/b]Unfortunately I have notheard many positives, I knwo of someone who was asked to leave macdonalds because she started to breastfeed and when she objected saying her lo was haivng his meal just like everyone else the manager said it ws not the same and she was making people uncomfortable. She said the girls in bikini tops made her uncomfortable but he just laughed and said it wasn't the same and if she wanted to continue breastfeeding she would have to do it somewhere else.

Another example:
We went to a local hotel for a meal as it was my Granny's birthday when DS was just 5 days old. Of course, he needed feeding and I asked if there was somewhere quiet we could go. They gave me a key to the honeymoon suite which was lush and kept my dinner warm until I got back. It was brilliant & I was very grateful.

Also, when he was a bit older (about 4 months) I met a friend at the local garden centre cafe and DS needed his lunch so just got on with it., very discretely but the man at the table beside us asked me to stop. I said I couldn't stop as my son was hungry & would be very upset if I did. He then said he didn't approve, what if he saw something he shouldn't & why didn't I go to the toilets like a "decent person". I was flabbergasted & speechless (steadily counting to 10 because I didn't want to cause a massive scene by leeting him know exactly what I thought) but my friend told him (nicely) to stop looking if he was worried about seeing anything (he'd never have been able to see anything because I had on a vest, a top and a cardigan). [/b]The man's wife then told him to leave it but he still wasn't happy so he went to get the manager to complain. The manager told him if he had a problem he could move to another table or leave altogether & then gave us free coffee to make it up to us.

[b]Tips to help:

These tips are meant to help you breastfeed comfortably in public.

• Invest in good quality nursing bras that are easy to open and close discreetly.

• To minimise exposure, wear a short loose top or kurti that can be lifted up easily. If you are wearing a sari, you may find it helpful to cover your breast with the pallu. Many women choose to wear a sari as the short choli or blouse makes it easy to breastfeed.

• Always carry a stole, light cotton shawl or dupatta when you step out. Place it over your shoulder to hide your breast. Some women use their purse or baby bag to effectively block others' view.

• If you are going out, you may want to feed your baby while you are travelling so that when you reach your destination your baby is not hungry, at least for a while.

• It may be a good idea to nurse your baby as soon as he begins to indicate his hunger (usually by getting fussy or sucking on his hands). Waiting until he is cranky or crying bitterly will make difficult for him to latch onto your breast. It may also invite unwanted attention from people around you.

• Ignore unwarranted advice or awkward glances. Do not react.

• Avoid using public restrooms for feeding, most have unsatisfactory sanitary conditions. Try to locate a quiet corner or a changing room in a department store, a corner table at a restaurant. You could also try feeding your baby in a parked car.

• Observe how other mums are breastfeeding in public. You will be reassured that breastfeeding your baby is a natural process.

• Speak to other breastfeeding mums -- a friend or neighbour may have a great tip to share. Check in at our bulletin boards, you may get advice and suggestions from other breastfeeding mums.

If you are still uncomfortable about breastfeeding when you're out, you can always carry a bottle or sipper of expressed milk with you and offer it to your baby with a paladai or spoon.

http://www.babycenter.in/baby/breastfeeding/public-places-expert/

1 Like

Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by spikedcylinder: 7:22pm On Feb 05, 2009
@ topic

Not really under hygiene but it disgusts me when nursing mothers breast feed in public.

Feel free to bite. tongue
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 06, 2009
folkzy:

Tips to help:

• Invest in good quality nursing bras that are easy to open and close discreetly.

• To minimise exposure, wear a short loose top or kurti that can be lifted up easily. If you are wearing a sari, you may find it helpful to cover your breast with the pallu. Many women choose to wear a sari as the short choli or blouse makes it easy to breastfeed.

• Always carry a stole, light cotton shawl or dupatta when you step out. Place it over your shoulder to hide your breast. Some women use their purse or baby bag to effectively block others' view.

• If you are going out, you may want to feed your baby while you are travelling so that when you reach your destination your baby is not hungry, at least for a while.

• [size=14pt]It may be a good idea to nurse your baby as soon as he begins to indicate his hunger (usually by getting fussy or sucking on his hands). [/size]Waiting until he is cranky or crying bitterly will make difficult for him to latch onto your breast. It may also invite unwanted attention from people around you.

[size=15pt]• Ignore unwarranted advice or awkward glances. Do not react. [/size]

•[size=15pt] Avoid using public restrooms for feeding, most have unsatisfactory sanitary conditions. Try to locate a quiet corner or a changing room in a department store, a corner table at a restaurant. You could also try feeding your baby in a parked car. [/size]

• Observe how other mums are breastfeeding in public. You will be reassured that breastfeeding your baby is a natural process.

• Speak to other breastfeeding mums -- a friend or neighbour may have a great tip to share. Check in at our bulletin boards, you may get advice and suggestions from other breastfeeding mums.

If you are still uncomfortable about breastfeeding when you're out, you can always carry a bottle or sipper of expressed milk with you and offer it to your baby with a paladai or spoon.

http://www.babycenter.in/baby/breastfeeding/public-places-expert/

Thank you for the tips.

Still waiting for those anti-public-breastfeeding to come up with more useless excuse.

@spikecylinder
Ojebi, if you dnt ignore my "nna wa"  comment nko? lolol, you're not serious!

Fancy woman, shouldn't you be out getting "grossed" out by a mother breastfeeding her baby in public?  grin grin
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by tope2000(f): 12:14am On Feb 06, 2009
topeal:

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . . . . . ok undecided
maybe wen i get to that stage, i might see things differently sha undecided undecided
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 12:16am On Feb 06, 2009
tope2000:

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . . . . . ok undecided
maybe wen i get to that stage, i might see things differently sha undecided undecided
I pray so. . . .
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by spikedcylinder: 9:09am On Feb 06, 2009
I am confused. Whats "fancy" about a personal dislike?

Razz people.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by seun001(m): 9:16am On Feb 06, 2009
r people really that fussy about a woman breastfeeding her baby in public.cmon give me a break as long as she aint sloppy abt it no probs.and of course,everybody aint supposed to love it. undecided undecided wink wink
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 07, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I am confused. Whats "fancy" about a personal dislike?

Razz people.
I know na. That was my thought when I saw your first post on this thread grin
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by spikedcylinder: 9:20am On Feb 08, 2009
My first post on this thread was in reference to an on going discussion about breast feeding in public. How did that confuse you?

Answer the question I asked. You called me fancy, what has it got to do with anything?

You have big breasts, feel free to do the needful whenever the time comes.

Oh, I almost forgot to add the courteous " grin".
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Grizzly(m): 1:57pm On Feb 08, 2009
To me its stupid that some women are actually ashamed of feeding their babies in public.
There was this girl i sat next to in a bus,
she was holding a baby who was threatning to bring the whole world down with her cries,
the baby cried and cried, and even tho i'm not a mother i KNEW the baby was hungry,
The mother was just cuddling and cooing the baby who refused to be appeased.
She had ample space to breast-feed, i dont know wat her problem was,
Maybe she thinks she still has boobs, and not breasts grin lipsrsealed
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by spikedcylinder: 2:47pm On Feb 08, 2009
In that case, the woman should have packed a bottle.

Simple.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 08, 2009
Grizzly:

To me its stupid that some women are actually ashamed of feeding their babies in public.
There was this girl i sat next to in a bus,
she was holding a baby who was threatning to bring the whole world down with her cries,
the baby cried and cried, and even tho i'm not a mother i KNEW the baby was hungry,
The mother was just cuddling and cooing the baby who refused to be appeased.
She had ample space to breast-feed, i dont know wat her problem was,
Maybe she thinks she still has boobs, and not breasts  grin lipsrsealed
Don't mind them. They'll grow out of it like others.

Their child mind is still in control.

Pack bottles, what if you stay out more than 3 hourrs? Are you going to feed the babe the cold, stale milk? What rubbishness.

Some peole should be required to take a class/ licensed to have a child.

spikedcylinder:

My first post on this thread was in reference to an on going discussion about breast feeding in public. How did that confuse you?

Answer the question I asked. You called me fancy, what has it got to do with anything?

You have big breasts, feel free to do the needful whenever the time comes.

Oh, I almost forgot to add the courteous " grin".
Are you still confused?

When you're done, move to the next thread. . . .or furthermore, create a thread about public breastfeeding.

I will not let this discussion go off trail.

Your understanding is deeply anticipated. Thanks.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by spikedcylinder: 8:57pm On Feb 08, 2009
Lol.

Pickin is worked up! cheesy

You are an authority on off topic yarns abi? Laughable! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 08, 2009
I knew you'd never let medown. Good girl.

Now back to topic.

@post
Digging cheese in public, esp in the hospital units.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Nobody: 5:05am On Feb 09, 2009
Spikey, I see that you've modified your post.

LOL, tis okay. Point is, my expectation was met. Thank you, if you wish so, go back to topic. If not, it's still okay because from henceforth, you will be indulging yourself in a soliloquy.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by Sissy3(f): 3:53am On Mar 06, 2010
just had to resurrect this thread cool

@ post

i hate people who chew gums without consideration especially when they are in close proximity with you. sometimes i feel like slapping the gums out of them. piss ma arse off angry
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by agathamari(f): 11:33am On Mar 08, 2010
can not stand BO, women who refuse to shave exoposed areas (legs, underarms), men who refuse to shave thier face, picking your nose in public, picking your ears in public, pee/shit in public.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by wimpey(m): 9:20pm On Feb 16, 2015
Sissy3:
@ heatfusion Sometimes the bosom doesn't fall , but I know what you mean

dnt mind all this fancy ladies tope2000 and co, they will do formula instead of breastfeeding their babies in public something that is very natural and beautiful cool

tope2000, breastmilk is always better, formula is for working class ladies who doesnt want their boobs to sag cheesy cheesy
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by wimpey(m): 9:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
Sissy3 post=3412327 I agree ,:
Women should be able to feed their babies when they need to and if a bosom is on show , then what is the problem .

if only babies can sense that their moms at a park or other public events where there is no privacy, so they would keep quiet till mom gets home or in the car if she happens to have one and then they will eat.

honestly i see nothing wrong with it, i mean not that the baby will be moaning during the breastfeeding, then one will say it is disturbing them or something else.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by wimpey(m): 9:54pm On Feb 16, 2015
Well said. Some common sense speaking.
otukpo:
Firstly, Breastfeeding in public is not lack of simple hygiene and it dosent disgust me to see mothers breastfeed their babies in public.

Whether disgusted or not at the sight of breasfeeding in public, u are expected to look the other side, not staring at what is not meant for you.

i dont believe any woman just like exposing her breasts in public. But there are some situations when u cant avoid it. The nursing bra is also there to help u cover the thing.
If people re offended , they should look the other way. Here in the UK , most women who breastfeed in public use covers , but if it bothers the baby then they should be able to not use one.
This formula of a thing some pple are talking about isnt better than the breast milk. If u are doing exclusive breastfeeding, would u rather give ur baby formula in public just because some pple might see ur breast?

For those that say they cant do it, wait until u become a mother,then u'll know whether u'll prefer to see ur child cry of hunger while withholding her food that God has given u freely.

Mothers, pls dont be ashamed to breastfeed your children whether for fear of sagging or anything. some women's breast dont sag even after breasfeeding.

Breast milk remains the best food for babies.
Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by wimpey(m): 10:02pm On Feb 16, 2015
Some good advice here. I once saw a woman feeding her baby in a public park here in the UK. The baby was very young and was obviously hungry , crying and fussing around . It was obvious that it didn't like being covered , so the mother took the cover off. You couldn't see anything until the baby suddenly popped off and it was impossible not to notice a great big white bosom just sitting there as the mother tried to console her baby . It didn't offend me and I can't understand why anyone else would be upset ! I will upload a couple of pictures of breastfeeding in public. One is in Africa and the mother isn't using a cover and the other is of 2 women bosom feeding in England . One is discreet , but the other has a large amount of bosom on show. I personally am not offended by either picture. pict author=folkzy post=3428586]You have the option not to look when a woman is breast-feeding her baby outside. I don't have a baby yet but I understand why some mothers breast-feed outside. It's upto individual what they prefer, for someone  to start calling it some silly name is uncalled for.  esp for women calling names, i will understand from a male perspectives , sorry if i'm being sexist.
Most modern mothers are worried about snide remarks or strange looks from people around them when feeding outside and some don't even care. And btw, there are different techniques that mothers can follow when breast-feeding their baby in public places. we should bear in mind that for a first-time mum is not easy to know the dos/don't

[b]Example of an incident:[/b]Unfortunately I have notheard many positives, I knwo of someone who was asked to leave macdonalds because she started to breastfeed and when she objected saying her lo was haivng his meal just like everyone else the manager said it ws not the same and she was making people uncomfortable. She said the girls in bikini tops made her uncomfortable but he just laughed and said it wasn't the same and if she wanted to continue breastfeeding she would have to do it somewhere else.

Another example:
We went to a local hotel for a meal as it was my Granny's birthday when DS was just 5 days old. Of course, he needed feeding and I asked if there was somewhere quiet we could go. They gave me a key to the honeymoon suite which was lush and kept my dinner warm until I got back. It was brilliant & I was very grateful.

Also, when he was a bit older (about 4 months) I met a friend at the local garden centre cafe and DS needed his lunch so just got on with it., very discretely but the man at the table beside us asked me to stop. I said I couldn't stop as my son was hungry & would be very upset if I did. He then said he didn't approve, what if he saw something he shouldn't & why didn't I go to the toilets like a "decent person". I was flabbergasted & speechless (steadily counting to 10 because I didn't want to cause a massive scene by leeting him know exactly what I thought) but my friend told him (nicely) to stop looking if he was worried about seeing anything (he'd never have been able to see anything because I had on a vest, a top and a cardigan). [/b]The man's wife then told him to leave it but he still wasn't happy so he went to get the manager to complain. The manager told him if he had a problem he could move to another table or leave altogether & then gave us free coffee to make it up to us.

[b]Tips to help:

• It may be a good idea to nurse your baby as soon as he begins to indicate his hunger (usually by getting fussy or sucking on his hands). Waiting until he is cranky or crying bitterly will make difficult for him to latch onto your breast. It may also invite unwanted attention from people around you.

• Ignore unwarranted advice or awkward glances. Do not react.

• Avoid using public restrooms for feeding, most have unsatisfactory sanitary conditions. Try to locate a quiet corner or a changing room in a department store, a corner table at a restaurant. You could also try feeding your baby in a parked car.

http://www.babycenter.in/baby/breastfeeding/public-places-expert/[/quote]

Re: Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene? by wimpey(m): 3:11am On May 06, 2015
Sissy3:
@ heatfusion
Yes , bosom is best
dnt mind all this fancy ladies tope2000 and co, they will do formula instead of breastfeeding their babies in public something that is very natural and beautiful cool

tope2000, breastmilk is always better, formula is for working class ladies who doesnt want their boobs to sag cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

One Man, One Room, One Motorcycle, Two Wives N Four Children! / A 2 and half year Old Beating With Turning Stick Because She Couldn't Count / Update on : Has My Wife Finally Moved On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.