Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue (37796 Views)

Kechi Okwuchi: Throwback Photo Of Sosoliso Air Crash Survivor / BBNaija: Corper Efe During His NYSC Days In Anambra (Throwback Photo) / Young Pilot Who Flew His Mother: "One Of The Best Days Of My Life" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by ryd3(m): 9:04am On Apr 17, 2015
Molues had the first mobile pharmacists. Guys with a hand across their mouths advertising drugs that can do all things.... Even caring Hiv. Funniest I saw was a sexual stimulant. He advised that one shouldn't take it when their wives were not around, and if that happens the wives sister must be available, and if shes not there then the land lady of the house must be around o! These guys were the unsung heroes of comedy though. If u wanna re-live the Molues experience, theres an oshodi - agege route running

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by DONADAMS(m): 9:05am On Apr 17, 2015
Texcoco:
Obalende-Oshodi..#50....Oshodi-Ikotun..#50?? Lagos,no man's land tinz.
u bin b conductor?? #jst curious
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by toprealman: 9:06am On Apr 17, 2015
Dyt:
Each time I boarded
Its either I fight for someone tapping my ass or mistakenly touch my boobs or I throw up cos I am choking
Deep sigh
JUST CHECKED YOUR PROFILE PIC....VERY DEEP SIGH.
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by stag: 9:07am On Apr 17, 2015
Dyt:
Each time I boarded
Its either I fight for someone tapping my ass or mistakenly touch my boobs or I throw up cos I am choking
Deep sigh

Always keeping it real
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 17, 2015
Konga is dashing out #500 recharge cards. To get it, click this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QV3ErefkVCpjMQpgU15OTJFI03ZprzH4WWO8jkrrxog/viewform

Referral name: Sammy Hoe
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by Sanchez01: 9:07am On Apr 17, 2015
efilefun:
The plan might be by tinubu but the project actually started under fashola
That's not true. The BRT lanes were already under construction during Tinubu's time and rumour had it that some 'London-like' buses had been bought before Fashola even ascended. Fashola only completed what Tinubu started as far as the BRT is concerned.
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by toprealman: 9:08am On Apr 17, 2015
DONADAMS:
THIS YOUR PIGIN NO BE TODAY SOMETHING OH! LOL
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by bewla(m): 9:10am On Apr 17, 2015
remodel in to B R T eh eh he
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by DONADAMS(m): 9:10am On Apr 17, 2015
toprealman:
THIS YOUR PIGIN NO BE TODAY SOMETHING OH! LOL
LOL!!!m stee learning oh
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by Caracta(f): 9:12am On Apr 17, 2015
Truckpusher:
I can see caracta and Ujsizzle jumping queue. grin

I know you wish you could join us tongue

Mind you, no queue. Before the bus stops, everyone jumps in. Some enter through the windows or any available open space. And some fall on the ground, badly bruised and trampled upon.

Old Lagos.
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by spencekat(m): 9:12am On Apr 17, 2015
My first time I visited Lagos,I just decided to board 'molue'.Actually,it was fun.I also taught I was in a market.
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by toprealman: 9:14am On Apr 17, 2015
DONADAMS:
LOL!!!m stee learning oh
NOTHING DO YOU BROS, ENJOY!

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by Truckpusher(m): 9:14am On Apr 17, 2015
Caracta:

I know you wish you could join us tongue

Mind you, no queue. Before the bus stops, everyone jumps in. Some enter through the windows or any available open space. And some fall on the ground, badly bruised and trampled upon.

Old Lagos.
Are my eyes that bad because those days you'll always have a kind of queue only for everyone to go haywire once the bus is sighted from afar. grin

Must you tell me it's old Lagos? undecided

How you dey na? cheesy
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by NemzySeries(m): 9:15am On Apr 17, 2015
RobinHez:
The moment when u realize someone else's coloured armpit is directly against ur nose lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Asthma attack in d making

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by NemzySeries(m): 9:16am On Apr 17, 2015
efilefun:
thanks to fashola, that stuff was crazy back then... 22 sitting and 99 standing!!!
Suffering & smiling grin
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by Caracta(f): 9:16am On Apr 17, 2015
Truckpusher:
Are my eyes that bad because those days you'll always have a kind of queue only for everyone to go haywire once the bus is sighted from afar. grin

Must you tell me it's old Lagos? undecided

How you dey na? cheesy

The queue lasts as long as there is no bus in sight. Let somebody sight the bus from afar and watch real Olympics.

Yes it's old Lagos tongue I like the new Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by Texcoco(m): 9:16am On Apr 17, 2015
DONADAMS:
Wetin consign agbero with overload?...
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by Truckpusher(m): 9:18am On Apr 17, 2015
Caracta:

The queue lasts as long as there is no bus in sight. Let somebody sight the bus from afar and watch real Olympics.

Yes it's old Lagos tongue I like the new Lagos.
Definitely things are changing for the better.

It is a gradual process but we will get there.
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by ajayiopy: 9:20am On Apr 17, 2015
Thank God for real transformation not cosmetic transformation
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by Temmytea70(m): 9:21am On Apr 17, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
The last set of pics isn't molue na, and they are still in existence.

Look closely and u'll see one
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by gmaribel(m): 9:21am On Apr 17, 2015
For those who don't know, the molue was the cheapest and popular means of transportation in Lagos from the 80's through the 90's.

It had a notorious reputation of never getting full. People squeeze in and those who can't just hang by any part of the car they can hold on to.

There are usually two or more conductors who manage to collect money from passengers however some people later mastered the art of not paying in molues.

Fights are common and the conductors are muscular and agile and due to years of training are always ready to deal with the unfortunate commuter who dares them.. To avoid trouble with them, make sure you have your correct fare.

The conductors don't speak English and they expect you to understand Yoruba, If you waste their time, you are asking for trouble.

The bus is usually in a state of perpetual motion and hardly ever stops. You have to run after it and jump in and when you reach your destination jump out while it is still moving.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by klevjey: 9:23am On Apr 17, 2015
DollyParton1:

Hope you always give the peverts dirty slap. Heard people do support u if them hear say u slap someone because them tap current for ur body.

una no dey stylishly touch d guy dic*??
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by DONADAMS(m): 9:30am On Apr 17, 2015
Texcoco:
grin
Texcoco:
lol
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by Idowuogbo(f): 9:35am On Apr 17, 2015
efilefun:
thanks to fashola, that stuff was crazy back then... 22 sitting and 99 standing!!!
for real? Lmaoooooooo! !!
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:35am On Apr 17, 2015
Never seen this...
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by charmmama: 9:40am On Apr 17, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin

i remember not ve enough moeny to take me home

i just pretending looking at window and d conductor was shouting owo da

i did answer which means ve paid grin grin grin grin
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by olatricia(m): 9:42am On Apr 17, 2015
DollyParton1:

Hope you always give the peverts dirty slap. Heard people do support u if them hear say u slap someone because them tap current for ur body.

I love those images on profile... Did you design them?
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by olatricia(m): 9:43am On Apr 17, 2015
how old are you..?
LaRoyalHighness:
Never seen this...
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by Samunique(m): 9:43am On Apr 17, 2015
RobinHez:
Anyone remember those days of the great 'Molue' in Lagos? grin
Click Like and comment if u remember ur experience in it.
Ooo boy! U bad ooo!!!

U don make me remember how i fall trying to catch up with one at sango ota. grin grin tongue

O what a...................day!!!
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:46am On Apr 17, 2015
How is that an issue?
olatricia:
how old are you..?
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 17, 2015
Dyt:
Each time I boarded
Its either I fight for someone tapping my ass or mistakenly touch my boobs
or I throw up cos I am choking
Deep sigh

You must set gidi gan o cheesy
Re: Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue by 19naia(m): 9:52am On Apr 17, 2015
Yes, all the proper people have their stories of how they almost died under Molue.. RIP to all those who actually did not survive their encounters with Molue..

My first memory of seeing them was a disappointment..

I thought they were american yellow school buses and it troubled me deeply to see so many school buses on the lagos streets every day non stop

It made me believe going to school was an eternal constant that would never end...

The days when Kobo carry people go far places..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman On A Bicycle, Man Crushed To Death By SUV. Graphic Photos / Relocating To Kazakhstan.. / Schoolchildren Killed On Abuja Highway As Truck Rams Into Bus (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.