Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Pls, I Need Advice And What Age Is A Female Allowed To Leave Her Father's House? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls, I Need Advice And What Age Is A Female Allowed To Leave Her Father's House? (1480 Views)

5-Year-Old Girl Celebrates Her Father's Birthday With A Written Letter/Song / Kenyan Woman Posts Pics Of A Lady Everywhere Warning Her To Leave Her Husband / A Young Girl, 5, Wanders From Mushin To INEC Office Yaba Says Her Father Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls, I Need Advice And What Age Is A Female Allowed To Leave Her Father's House? by redgem(f): 12:15am On Apr 17, 2015
Fellow nairalanders I need your advice, I'm currently having issues with my dad now... I'm 21 and just graduated last year after my graduation, I wanted to work and acquire a skill but my dad refused me to work, he said that there's still time, I should wait till after my Nysc and masters that, so many jobs will find me...and guess what? He wants me to spend my entire day at home doing nothing. I've been at home for months now and I'm tired. Most times I feel like running away. He still sees me as a kid and I need to let him know that, I'm no longer a child, I'm a grown woman who needs to be exposed to the outside world. I need advice on how to settle the issue, I know nysc is closeby but, I need him to know that I'm not a child and atleast, I should be able to make some decisions myself. If its even possible, I would love to stay alone or with a roommate after service.
Re: Pls, I Need Advice And What Age Is A Female Allowed To Leave Her Father's House? by menix(m): 12:42am On Apr 17, 2015
Jst PM mii, so dat i could com marry u..
Afterall its written in d bible dat d woman wuld leave both parents nd stay wiv d man...

So d age u can leave home is d age of marriage..
Re: Pls, I Need Advice And What Age Is A Female Allowed To Leave Her Father's House? by semasir: 12:49am On Apr 17, 2015
Kindly take caution with him and respect his opinions and see if he won't reason with you again on your independence
Re: Pls, I Need Advice And What Age Is A Female Allowed To Leave Her Father's House? by Dheartless: 1:16am On Apr 17, 2015
patience, just be patience.
your dad is actually doing the best for you by wanting you to go for masters and also wants to sponsor you.

but if you feel otherwise then try the below:
After your nysc, get a job and if your dad insist you quit, refuse and get a house, but remember that from this point you're responsible for all your expenses including your tuition fee, if/when you choose to go for your masters later in future.

last option
I have got a house and a job vacancy,
yes it is as easy as sending a call through
but...................smiley

that's all folks
Re: Pls, I Need Advice And What Age Is A Female Allowed To Leave Her Father's House? by jascon1(m): 4:58am On Apr 17, 2015
Where u day go, this girl? That thing that is scratching you will start itching u soon then your eye will clear

3 Likes

Re: Pls, I Need Advice And What Age Is A Female Allowed To Leave Her Father's House? by pretty050(f): 7:16am On Apr 17, 2015
Serving away from home, is the first step to being independent in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Need Advice And What Age Is A Female Allowed To Leave Her Father's House? by redgem(f): 7:25am On Apr 17, 2015
menix:
Jst PM mii, so dat i could com marry u..
Afterall its written in d bible dat d woman wuld leave both parents nd stay wiv d man...

So d age u can leave home is d age of marriage..

I'm not ready for marriage, I want to achieve a lot first
Re: Pls, I Need Advice And What Age Is A Female Allowed To Leave Her Father's House? by redgem(f): 7:33am On Apr 17, 2015
pretty050:
Serving away from home, is the first step to being independent in my opinion.
True...
Re: Pls, I Need Advice And What Age Is A Female Allowed To Leave Her Father's House? by Wendy80(f): 10:37am On Apr 17, 2015
I know how frustrating staying @home doing nothing can be but Ur Dad wants the best for you. Since u said nysc is close, why don't u exercise patience and wait. I'm sure he won't stop u if u get a job after service.

2 Likes

Re: Pls, I Need Advice And What Age Is A Female Allowed To Leave Her Father's House? by Qmab: 11:46am On Apr 17, 2015
I'm just like you too OP., awaiting service. But i pass my time by hanging out at my parent's shop and retailing some petty items myself.
OP, dnt be to eager and go against your dad. He only has your best interest at heart. Besides when the time comes for you to be independent, he'll know and accept your decision.
Re: Pls, I Need Advice And What Age Is A Female Allowed To Leave Her Father's House? by redgem(f): 12:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
Wendy80:
I know how frustrating staying @home doing nothing can be but Ur Dad wants the best for you. Since u said nysc is close, why don't u exercise patience and wait. I'm sure he won't stop u if u get a job after service.
I know that he is doing all this cos he cares but there are limits also
Re: Pls, I Need Advice And What Age Is A Female Allowed To Leave Her Father's House? by todayguest(m): 1:33pm On Apr 17, 2015
You want to live unsupervised, so, you can be free to f**k at will at the expense of your dad wanting you to benefit yourself more by acquiring a masters. Like someone up said "what is scratching you now, will certainly itch you soon. "Honour your father and mother" which is the first commandment with a promise: "That it may be well with you and you may live long on earth" Ephesians 6:2,3.
Re: Pls, I Need Advice And What Age Is A Female Allowed To Leave Her Father's House? by Richy4(m): 1:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
He saw some thing in you that convinced him that you are not matured enough.

Being a graduate is not and will never be a yardstick for maturity. maybe you even graduated from one of the Nigerian private university. How are you prepared for the stress the world got to offer?

biko stay a little while and grow up. your old man knows what he is talking about.

But if you are a federal/ state uni. Graduate, I will say you are very good to go. You have been empowered, equipped to face the world. The graduates from federal and state kinda knows what I am talking about.

After NYSC pick your bag and fly away. You can survive any where.

2 Likes

Re: Pls, I Need Advice And What Age Is A Female Allowed To Leave Her Father's House? by robosky02(m): 3:19pm On Jun 18, 2015
dont leave until you are set to "leave and cleave"

or else you'll find it very difficult....

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. / Married Ladies, Were U Financialy Independent B4 Getting Married? / FAMILY IN PICTURES: Epectation And Realities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.