Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,345 members, 7,808,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing (3830 Views)

Man Withdraws Support For Apostle Suleman After Alleged New Evidence Emerges / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists / Why Did Christ Really Come Down To Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by UyiIredia(m): 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
PAT4HOT:
These thoughs has been going through my mind if Christ really exist (infact if there is a deity) as proclaimed by the world over.

I am more interesting with the Christianity aspect of it as am in a Christian dominated part of the world. So my worry is, HOW CAN I BE CONVINCED IF CHRIST TRULY OR REALLY EXIST WITHOUT A BIBLE QUOTATION?

Please I need matured answers only and no insults please.

What is the evidence of Socrates' existence outside of Plato's writings ?
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
PAT4HOT:
These thoughs has been going through my mind if Christ really exist (infact if there is a deity) as proclaimed by the world over.

I am more interesting with the Christianity aspect of it as am in a Christian dominated part of the world. So my worry is, HOW CAN I BE CONVINCED IF CHRIST TRULY OR REALLY EXIST WITHOUT A BIBLE QUOTATION?

Don't mind those guys o! I can't prove whether Jesus existed or not, but I know the citation of Jesus in the quran is no solid prove either. The quran was written over 600 years after the death of Jesus and the authors could have included the Jesus in book to attract the then followers of Jesus (christians). This was the same thing the early christians did to attract followers of Judaism.

His disciples might be a prove though. Many of them were said to have been murdered and some set up organisations that worshiped them. But those miracles they said he did must have been all lies told to proclaim the supremacy their god over that of the host community. It is more like "na who fit lie pass" contest.

2 Likes

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
PAT4HOT:

There is. A notable historian Tacitus, and another called Josephus of the first century AD gave hint that Jesus was a historic figure.

The famous atheist, Prof Richard Dawkins agrees that Jesus existed.

There is no doubt that Jesus existed.
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by johnydon22(m): 11:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
JMAN05:

There is. A notable historian Tacitus, and another called Josephus of the first century AD gave hint that Jesus was a historic figure.

Oh most atheist do not dispute the historic jesus, what they disbelief is the existence of one born of a virgin, walks on water, turned molded birds into live ones (gospel of barnabas) and other absurd mythological yarns already used on other older mythical gods.

All those were mythical yarns thrown into the story by the writers of the gospels who happens to be second century christians . . .

Meanwhile the josephus antiquity about Jesus have been deducted by scholars to be a christian inspired work carried out by christians probably in 3rd century AD, that knowledge is canon
. Lol smiley

2 Likes

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 18, 2015
JMAN05:

What hint did Tacitus give? And Josephus' 'hint' is a known forgery.

Also, Dawkins also agrees that God does not exist, does that then disprove God's existence?

1 Like

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by vooks: 7:03am On Apr 18, 2015
The OP aksd for evidence of existence of Jesus outside scriptures.
This is a quick reference
http://coldcasechristianity.com/2014/is-there-any-evidence-for-jesus-outside-the-bible/

theAtheist101:

Which Jewish literature? I hope it is not the Bible?

The New Testament was written between 30 AD and 95 AD. The Quran was compiled about 600 AD.
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by PAT4HOT(m): 8:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
CountDracula:

I never mentioned anythng abt d quran. I dnt do religious arguments.
Then what makes your religion more superior than others?
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by harakiri(m): 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2015
Defending the existence of the biblical christ with the bible is same as defending christmas with santa claus.

1 Like

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by CountDracula(m): 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
PAT4HOT:

Then what makes your religion more superior than others?
Bro! Incase ur attention span is impaired, I'm tellin u now, I dnt do religious arguments, if u dnt agree with whatever I say, jus keep it to urself
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by PAT4HOT(m): 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
harakiri:
Defending the existence of the biblical christ with the bible is same as defending christmas with santa claus.

Thank you bro. That's why I don't need the biblical backup...
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by PAT4HOT(m): 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
Mods please kindly take this to the front page...
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by chinnyonwu(m): 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
He probably existed. probably a regular guy performin magics and tricks till he got nabbed and stapled to a tree.
but dont believe the God of the Bible. He is soo clueless

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by harakiri(m): 9:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
chinnyonwu:
He probably existed. probably a regular guy performin magics and tricks till he got nabbed and stapled to a tree.
but dont believe the God of the Bible. He is soo clueless

As in...TOTALLY!!! Remember the part where he and his disciples broke into someone's farm to grab corn to eat on a sabbath? Thats stealing plus invasion of private property. I guess the "thou shall not steal" and "thou shall not covet thy neighbors goods" commandment got thrown out of the window during that moment of hunger.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by mmsen: 9:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
jascon1:
Well, the Quran attested to it. At the time Jesus existed journalism was at its birth, tho historians can prove it to u better. Anyways, do u discredit the Bible's authenticity? My brother, don't let the devil use you. Kindly inbox me n we can talk more on this

How can the Qur'an be considered credible evidence when it was written several centuries after the books of the Gospel which were in turn written long after the death of this mythical Christ being?
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by plaetton: 11:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
CountDracula:
Ur existence is proof of the existence of a diety... A God, I dnt knw if Jesus existed in any other literature but d fact dat dere was a book written in his tym is more dan enof proof of hw special He was... I think dats d 1st ever biography to b written in history, dere cudnt hav been anoda, its d original, d one piece of evidence!

So the fact that there written myths about count Dracula means that he was real?
And same goes for Santa Clause ?

1 Like

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by plaetton: 11:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
UyiIredia:

What is the evidence of Socrates' existence outside of Plato's writings ?
First, the historicity if Plato and the authorship of Plato is not in any dispute.

The authors of the Bible, on the other hand are anonymous.
The books were compiled by unknowns, revised, edited, redacted, and rewritten by a self-appointed group of men with very clear ecclesiastical agendas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by macof(m): 5:10am On Apr 19, 2015
jascon1:
Well, the Quran attested to it. At the time Jesus existed journalism was at its birth, tho historians can prove it to u better. Anyways, do u discredit the Bible's authenticity? My brother, don't let the devil use you. Kindly inbox me n we can talk more on this

Quran copied From Christian sources and edited what it had to, in order to promote it's dogmas

pls historians don't just settle for Bible accounts that have obviously been modified to suit Christian dogmas...leave ur devil out of this, he doesn't exist
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by macof(m): 5:11am On Apr 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:
@OP I compose a song for you

Is all over the place the mighty work of God
That He has done of old throughout the world
What no man eyes have seen
What no man ears have heard
A great salvation He has prepared for All.

OP Christ came and die for our sins... crucified and resurrect the third day that we may live..

Sir,, if you want to know if Christ came you buy a Bible and read that is the only source of Christ existence....the real Christ..

In everything you do remember Christ died for you and Yes it is True God Loves You

Can you address the OP? He said evidence outside the Bible
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by macof(m): 5:14am On Apr 19, 2015
ayindejimmy:

Simple. Jesus Christ is not a Christian. The religion started after the life of Jesus.
The ancestral home of Jesus was captured by Islamist during the rise of the Islam religion so since then most inhabitants have been practicing Islam.
Even during Jesus time, according to history, you know many did not believe his prophecy. "A prophet is not valued in his own town." So most of Jesus' people are Jews and Jews are not Christians

never have the inhabitants of Jerusalem been more Islamic than Jewish
If the Jewish faith survived why did the Christian faith not even hold at all in Jerusalem?
A pity, big evidence that the Bible tale is false cus his own people should tell about him better than a freaking gentile like you
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by macof(m): 5:17am On Apr 19, 2015
ayindejimmy:
The meaning of Christian is " to be Christ like"
Now Jesus came to the world in human form so as to be accepted by all humans.
In the beginning there was the Word and the word is God.
Jesus has been with God from creation. The knowledge of God surpasses all human comprehension. You don't understand it by having a PhD of Masters.
It will only be revealed to you when you're in TOTAL submission to the will of God.
To know more about God, Jesus and the origin of God find a KJV Bible and read it with the heart of someone willing to learn news things without any prejudice.
So help u God

In other words believe it before it would make sense
Great, perfect example of delusion after faith

1 Like

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by macof(m): 5:19am On Apr 19, 2015
CountDracula:

Its goin to b both foolish and impossible to write such a
magnificent book and nt include ur name as the author. Dnt u think?

Most of the new testament authors didn't include their names
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by macof(m): 5:20am On Apr 19, 2015
Joagbaje:

The calendar has your answer . What is the meaning of 2015 AD ?

Doesn't prove Jesus at all. The calendar actually has roots in a pagan and much older calendar
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by macof(m): 5:21am On Apr 19, 2015
theAtheist101:

Which Jewish literature? I hope it is not the Bible?

The New Testament was written between 30 AD and 95 AD. The Quran was compiled about 600 AD.

Mark is the oldest book of the new testament and it's 70AD
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by macof(m): 5:25am On Apr 19, 2015
CountDracula:
Ur existence is proof of the existence of a diety... A God, I dnt knw if Jesus existed in any other literature but d fact dat dere was a book written in his tym is more dan enof proof of hw special He was... I think dats d 1st ever biography to b written in history, dere cudnt hav been anoda, its d original, d one piece of evidence!

Not necessarily a God, the God bit is human invention out of our minds. An expression to make beauty out of the whole concept

Btw the first book about Jesus was written 40years after his death by an Unknown author

2 Likes

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by seemples(f): 8:44am On Apr 19, 2015
ayindejimmy:
Sure! You don't need any literature to tell you Christ really exist. Simply travel to Israel and visit Jerusalem and Nazareth people there will show you where used to be the area Jesus lived.
That apart, when you have established a cordial relationship with God, you will have a personal encounter with Jesus himself.

Have you had this personal encounter with Jesus himself? I'll like to hear what and how it happened if you don't mind pls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by seemples(f): 8:56am On Apr 19, 2015
aaronson:

... research has made me understand the word "BELIEF" contains "LIE" in the middle.

...so also "UNBELIEF" undecided

1 Like

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by johnydon22(m): 9:03am On Apr 19, 2015
seemples:

...so also "UNBELIEF" undecided

hahahahahha cheesy
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by johnydon22(m): 9:04am On Apr 19, 2015

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

Mark is the oldest book of the new testament and it's 70AD

Where did you get your data? Anyway, i was only calling his attention to the fact that those who wrote the quran must have read some Bible's books, to consider the inclusion of the Bible's "great" prophets.
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 19, 2015
DProDG:

What hint did Tacitus give? And Josephus' 'hint' is a known forgery.

Also, Dawkins also agrees that God does not exist, does that then disprove God's existence?

Talking about Jesus, he said [Tacitus]:

"Christus, from whom the name [Christians] had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus."

Jesephus:

convened the judges of the Sanhedrin and brought before them a man named James, the brother of Jesus who was called the Christ, and certain others.”—Jewish Antiquities, XX, 200 (ix, 1).

Tell us how that is a known forgery.

Suetonius:

"Because the Jews at Rome caused continuous disturbances at the instigation of Chrestus [Christ], he expelled them from the city."

..................................................................................................

As for what you said about what else Dawkins said, it is not logical cos the discussion is about Jesus existence, not about God's existence.
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 19, 2015
johnydon22:

Oh most atheist do not dispute the historic jesus, what they disbelief is the existence of one born of a virgin, walks on water, turned molded birds into live ones (gospel of barnabas) and other absurd mythological yarns already used on other older mythical gods.

All those were mythical yarns thrown into the story by the writers of the gospels who happens to be second century christians . . .

Meanwhile the josephus antiquity about Jesus have been deducted by scholars to be a christian inspired work carried out by christians probably in 3rd century AD, that knowledge is canon
. Lol smiley

I doubt that, though not all scholars hold that view, but what about the second reference by Josephus?
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by johnydon22(m): 11:27am On Apr 19, 2015
JMAN05:

Talking about Jesus, he said [Tacitus]:

"Christus, from whom the name [Christians] had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus."

Jesephus:

convened the judges of the Sanhedrin and brought before them a man named James, the brother of Jesus who was called the Christ, and certain others.”—Jewish Antiquities, XX, 200 (ix, 1).

Tell us how that is a known forgery.

Suetonius:

"Because the Jews at Rome caused continuous disturbances at the instigation of Chrestus [Christ], he expelled them from the city."

..................................................................................................

As for what you said about what else Dawkins said, it is not logical cos the discussion is about Jesus existence, not about God's existence.

Jospehus testimonium flavium is a christian forgery
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesus

Ultraviolet photo of a critical word from the earliest known extant manuscript of Tacitus ( second Medicean ,
Laurentian library, Italy).
The photograph reveals that the word purportedly used by Tacitus in Annals 15.44, chrestianos ("the good"wink ,
has been overwritten as christianos ("the Christians"wink by a later hand, a deceit which explains the excessive
space between the letters and the exaggerated "dot" (dash) above the new "i". The entire "torched Christians"
passage of Tacitus is not only fake, it has been repeatedly "worked over" by fraudsters to improve its value as
evidence for the Jesus myth.

A jesus may have existed in the roman isreali outpost but those supernatural yarns in the story are all myths from other older mythologies...smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Prophetic Declaration By Bishop David Oyedepo, For 2019. / Call It What It Is, Jehovah's Witness Is A Weird Fucking Cult / Do You Have To Believe In The TRINITY To Be A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.