Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,171 members, 7,807,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing (3829 Views)

Man Withdraws Support For Apostle Suleman After Alleged New Evidence Emerges / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists / Why Did Christ Really Come Down To Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by johnydon22(m): 11:32am On Apr 19, 2015
JMAN05:

I doubt that, though not all scholars hold that view, but what about the second reference by Josephus?

help yourself
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesus ..... for the fact it was tampered by christians doesnt ring a bell to you?

why would you tamper a work to assert the truth?? smiley It shows some coniving bastards carefully formulated what they need you to believe now smiley
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by johnydon22(m): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2015
theAtheist101:

Where did you get your data? Anyway, i was only calling his attention to the fact that those who wrote the quran must have read some Bible's books, to consider the inclusion of the Bible's "great" prophets.
The quran is mostly a copy of gnostic christian write ups like the gospel of barnabas and thomas..

1 Like

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 19, 2015
seemples:

...so also "UNBELIEF" undecided
but the "Lie" is constant so why not let us live life to the fullest and disregard belief and unbelief
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 19, 2015
johnydon22:
The quran is mostly a copy of gnostic christian write ups like the gospel of barnabas and thomas..

Thanks. I never knew the original source. I just know those books account myths.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by seemples(f): 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
aaronson:
but the "Lie" is constant so why not let us live life to the fullest and disregard belief and unbelief

So you knew!!! Wonder what your first post was then for.
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
seemples:

So you knew!!! Wonder what your first post was then for.

When you think back you gotta also think forth too....when you know how to think both ways then you would realize when I put that out in the first place.
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by seemples(f): 2:19pm On Apr 19, 2015
aaronson:
When you think back you gotta also think forth too....when you know how to think both ways then you would realize when I put that out in the first place.

Oga my message is simple and clear...we all are deficient in knowledge so do not disparage anybody's stance no matter how ridiculous it sounds, with perfect conviction...he might be right after all.
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
seemples:

Oga my message is simple and clear...we all are deficient in knowledge so do not disparage anybody's stance no matter how ridiculous it sounds, with perfect conviction...he might be right after all.
like you said, y'all are deficient in knowledge and so to you he might be right.
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by macof(m): 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
theAtheist101:

Where did you get your data? Anyway, i was only calling his attention to the fact that those who wrote the quran must have read some Bible's books, to consider the inclusion of the Bible's "great" prophets.

From everywhere that discuses Christian history
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
johnydon22:

help yourself
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesus ..... for the fact it was tampered by christians doesnt ring a bell to you?

why would you tamper a work to assert the truth?? smiley It shows some coniving bastards carefully formulated what they need you to believe now smiley

Oga, the reference i gave to you is not the one with a wide spread doubt by scholars. the source you gave said:

"Modern scholarship has [size=15]largely[/size] acknowledged
the authenticity of the reference in Book 20,
Chapter 9, 1 of the Antiquities to "the brother
of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name
was James" [12] and considers it as having
the highest level of authenticity"
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
johnydon22:

Jospehus testimonium flavium is a christian forgery
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesus

Ultraviolet photo of a critical word from the earliest known extant manuscript of Tacitus ( second Medicean ,
Laurentian library, Italy).
The photograph reveals that the word purportedly used by Tacitus in Annals 15.44, chrestianos ("the good"wink ,
has been overwritten as christianos ("the Christians"wink by a later hand, a deceit which explains the excessive
space between the letters and the exaggerated "dot" (dash) above the new "i". The entire "torched Christians"
passage of Tacitus is not only fake, it has been repeatedly "worked over" by fraudsters to improve its value as
evidence for the Jesus myth.

A jesus may have existed in the roman isreali outpost but those supernatural yarns in the story are all myths from other older mythologies...smiley

1. I didnt mention testimonium flavius, I rather mentioned Antiquities. So sir, what is wrong with that writeup?

2. I had another source I presented as a proof. Sir, it is good to follow the truth as history shows.

3. What you presented above is no proof. Read this:

"It has
been stated that both the terms Christians and
Chrestians had at times been used by the
general population in Rome to refer to early
Christians.
[22] The term Christians appears only three
times in the New Testament , the first usage
( Acts 11:26 ) giving the origin of the term. [20]
In all three cases the uncorrected Codex
Sinaiticus in Greek reads Chrestianoi .[20][22]
In Phrygia a number of funerary stone
inscriptions use the term Chrestians, with one
stone inscription using both terms together,
reading: " Chrestians for Christians ". [22]
Adolf von Harnack argued that Chrestians was
the original wording, and that Tacitus
deliberately used Christus immediately after it
to show his own superior knowledge compared
to the population at large. [20] Robert Renehan
has stated that it was natural for a Roman to
mix the two words that sounded the same,
that Chrestianos was the original word in the
Annals and not an error by a scribe. [23][24]
Van Voorst has stated that it was unlikely for
Tacitus himself to refer to Christians as
Chrestianos i.e. "useful ones" given that he
also referred to them as "hated for their
shameful acts".
[19] Paul Eddy sees no major
impact on the authenticity of the passage or
its meaning regardless of the use of either
term by Tacitus."

1 Like

Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by johnydon22(m): 10:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
seemples:

Check ur mail, i have replied ur message, please tell me if u got it ... and notify me when u send another
Re: Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing by ChynoBEATS: 3:44am On Jun 14, 2015
PAT4HOT:
So my worry is, HOW CAN I BE CONVINCED IF CHRIST TRULY OR REALLY EXIST WITHOUT A BIBLE QUOTATION?

Please I need matured answers only and no insults please.

Christ is not a Fluke Even the Quran did talk about him
N 2ndly have you ever wondered why his name is very powerful to the extent dat ur village ogbanje fears him?

Its becos HE Exists

HE's not dead o

HE's Alive cheesy

Christ the Son is a King

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Women Of Allah's Paradise / How Can I Know God's Will And Be Led By The Spirit Of God? / Communication With GOD Vs Dogs: Benefits So Far: You Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.