Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,474 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:03 PM

Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund (39748 Views)

2019: We Will Declare Free Education For All When We Take Over – PDP / Sheriff Loyalists Take Over PDP Secretariat Wadata House (PICS) / PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by dodoniyi: 6:31am On Apr 17, 2015
The war of words between Jigawa State governor, Sule Lamido and ex-Minister of Internal Affairs in the Second Republic, Senator Bello Maitama Yusuf, over Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, campaign funds heightened yesterday, as the governor vowed to jail Yusuf before leaving office on May 29.

[img]http://cdn2.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/412x250xlamido3.jpg.pagespeed.ic.WqHhK8kAaA.webp[/img]
Governor Sule Lamido
Senator Yusuf, aside from dragging the leadership of PDP in Jigawa State before a Federal High Court in Dutse for defamation and character assassination, also vowed to expose the governor’s activities and release the threat message sent him by the governor.
The governor and PDP had accused Senator Yusuf of diverting the money given him to distribute to the electorate in his constituency to mobilize them to vote for the party, but was angry that the Senator did not only divert the money but also defected to All Progressives Congress, APC.
Governor Lamido’s text message, according to Senator Yusuf, read: “True, I have only five weeks to go, but I will jail you before I go.
“We also, today (yesterday) at council meeting, discussed Garun Gabas road contract and by council authority sent all related documents to EFCC and copied same to Buhari, the President-elect.”
Effort to contact Commissioner of Information, Babandi Ibrahim, for further comments on the issue proved abortive as he did not pick several calls made to his line.

Let’s see who ‘ll be jailed—YUSUF
However, in a swift reaction, Senator Yusuf explained that no amount of threat and intimidation from Governor Lamido would deter him.

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/218x250ximage1-e1429229691201.jpg.pagespeed.ic.D47oRUcrNt.webp[/img]

Senator Bello Maitama Yusuf,
He said: “He is just not happy with my defection to APC and if he continues to threaten me, I will expose some of his shady deals. So we will see who will be jailed.”
Meanwhile, Senator Yusuf has sued PDP for defaming his character, having alleged that he diverted N15 million campaign fund given to him to distribute to the electorate in his constituency.
In a statement by Yusuf’s Media Consultant, Mohammed Ismail, he is seeking for an order of perpetual injunction at the Federal High Court, Dutse, against the defendants for defamation of character, asking for N1 billion damages.
Yusuf said: “Did they give me cash or cheque? Sule Lamido will never forgive me because he felt I was the one who brought him down.
“Why should he give me money for campaign? Am I a leader of his party? What kind of money?
“This is a person who will never want go down alone. I swear by Allah, he will never relent to want to tear my name.
“Do you remember five years ago, when he revoked a road contract and said I had to refund some money, which turned out to be false?
“He is just blackmailing me for leaving PDP to join APC and to help in its victory in the just-concluded elections. The whole thing is his fabrication.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/jigawa-pdp-campaign-funds-war-yusuf-sues-pdp-for-n1bn-i-ll-see-you-in-jail-lamido/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by Hopez456(m): 6:33am On Apr 17, 2015
Quite funny, the prison is gonna get filled up in coming days.

38 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by PapaUwa: 6:34am On Apr 17, 2015
I hope there are enough prisons to fill these men with.

15 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by dodoniyi: 6:37am On Apr 17, 2015
PapaUwa:
I hope there are enough prisons to fill these men with.

Nope

3 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by MEILYN(m): 6:45am On Apr 17, 2015
I think the both of them should be jailed. They are both thieves .

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by jascon1(m): 6:45am On Apr 17, 2015
I want to ask o, will it be wise if I use ororo to fry eggs and tomatoes?

14 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by mrvitalis(m): 6:46am On Apr 17, 2015
even lamido?

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by MEILYN(m): 6:47am On Apr 17, 2015
jascon1:
I want to ask o, will it be wise if I use ororo to fry eggs and tomatoes?
undecided use engine oil instead.

98 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by nerodenero: 6:48am On Apr 17, 2015
Is this not the same Lamido whose children were being chased by EFCC over sharp-practices and was running from pillar-to-post begging Uncle Jona to intervene?http://www.punchng.com/news/efcc-to-charge-lamidos-sons-with-fraud/

They brag about bribes, frauds, loots glaringly and the Govt. just dey look like 'e no concern'. Anyway, how can a corrupt government prosecute anybody?So much for this jungle called Nigeria!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by adebisiolumide5(m): 6:56am On Apr 17, 2015
lol
Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by dodoniyi: 6:59am On Apr 17, 2015
nerodenero:
Is this not the same Lamido whose children were being chased by EFCC over sharp-practices and was running from pillar-to-post begging Uncle Jona to intervene?They brag about bribes, frauds, loots glaringly and the Govt. just dey look like 'e no concern'. Anyway, how can a corrupt government prosecute anybody?So much for this jungle called Nigeria!

Nawa oo

4 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by dodoniyi: 7:02am On Apr 17, 2015
MEILYN:
undecided use engine oil instead.
Love your neighbours as yourself

6 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by Truth24(m): 7:02am On Apr 17, 2015
Chaii the power of Money
Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by hamaworld(m): 7:03am On Apr 17, 2015
Governor Lamido’s text message, according to Senator Yusuf, read: “True, I have only five weeks to go, but I will jail you before I go.

grin grin grin
Gov lamido.
Baddest governor ever liveth

16 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by ninjasta: 7:07am On Apr 17, 2015
But this is the real. Senator bello maitama yusuf.
Correction pls.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 17, 2015
Good development, let d season of jail/jailin begins
Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by tyson99(m): 7:11am On Apr 17, 2015
Make una keep jailing,una members still plenty wey go join una
Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by theSpark(m): 7:11am On Apr 17, 2015
Op I believe you are using the Wrong picture for Maitama Yusuf. The picture you are using is that of Maitama Sule. Correct it before you sef enter jail.

Let the thief bring back PDP money.

31 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by arsetalkshere: 7:13am On Apr 17, 2015
All this noise, accusation and counter accusation would never have been necessary if GEJ had performed.

PDP would have saved a lot of money they spent on campaign if he had performed. People would have freely campaigned for GEJ without the need to give them money to mobilised them.

Instead of PDP to point the accessing fingers to GEJ, they are busy witch hunting people. To think I was hoping they will become a strong opposition to put APC under constant check.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by arsetalkshere: 7:16am On Apr 17, 2015
theSpark:

Abeg pack well joor. PDP no get any money anywhere. Thief thief thief, na crime?

3 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by dodoniyi: 7:16am On Apr 17, 2015
ninjasta:
Correction pls.

The mistake is from vanguard newspaper
Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by Igwe9(m): 7:16am On Apr 17, 2015
This is just annoying, this shouldn't have happened if EFCC was efficient. This is the major reason PDP failed. They acted as they were in a banana republic. They exploited the lenient nature of Gej negatively.

3 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by dodoniyi: 7:16am On Apr 17, 2015
ninjasta:
Correction pls.

Thanks for the correction
Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by san316(m): 7:17am On Apr 17, 2015
They all want to jail one another. Nobody is clean for sure. So they better sort themselves out and stop washing their dirty linings in public.

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by omenka(m): 7:18am On Apr 17, 2015
Why should they even give money to be distributed to the electorates in the first place

These old fools keep washing their dirty linen in public.

That money is gone for good. Lamido should stop sulking already.

This is a case of a thief stealing from a thief. There should be no hard feelings.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by dodoniyi: 7:19am On Apr 17, 2015
theSpark:
Op I believe you are using the Wrong picture for Maitama Yusuf. The picture you are using is that of Maitama Sule. Correct it before you sef enter jail.

Abeg ooo

Thanks for the correction

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by holyboss: 7:28am On Apr 17, 2015
you have to check out my signature...
Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by adorablepepple(f): 7:28am On Apr 17, 2015
smiley
Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by tolustx(m): 7:29am On Apr 17, 2015
Space booked in case.
Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by brainpulse: 7:29am On Apr 17, 2015
The massive fraud and illegal disbursement of public funds used by PDP for electioneering is been exposed. Only the Devil can beat his chest that GEJ is a saint

5 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by egift(m): 7:29am On Apr 17, 2015
Jonathan you see your life. Soon all the illegalities and corruption will be exposed.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund by efilefun(m): 7:30am On Apr 17, 2015
The rate at which this administration would need to build prison might be more than the need for shelter.... Moreover the wise dude knew GEJ was losing the elections and he silenced the funds with him... No time... "Thief carry am thief collect am"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) / Onneghen: "I Hope You Are Not Taking My Pants" - Sacked CJN Asks Photographer / 2023: Atiku Considers Ihedioha As Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.