Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,814 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

"Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (1160 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Karonmagaji Village School In Abuja On Her Birthday / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) / Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) (2) (3) (4)

"Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by XBLadez: 6:42am On Apr 17, 2015
The Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has said the country is not broke despite the cash crunch currently being experienced.

She said that with the financial assets the President Goodluck Jonathan administration had been able to build over the years, the nation’s cash flow would improve over time.

In an interview with CNN’s Richard Quest, Okonjo-Iweala said, “Under this administration, we began the work of truly diversifying the economy and the proof of that is that much of the growth in this past few years that has come to the country has come not from the oil sector but actually from non-oil sectors like agriculture, telecommunications, manufacturing and the creative industries.

“The fact that oil prices fell by 50 per cent makes it very difficult in terms of cash flow, but Nigeria is asset rich and that is why when people say the country is broke, I say no. In economic terms, with the kind of assets we have, we should be able to realise some of them to improve our cash flow but it is true that this will be a very difficult year because of the cash crunch.

“However, we need to see this drop in oil prices as an opportunity. I gave a talk on Nigeria beyond oil. I really think with the growth of the country based on non-oil sectors, we ought to see the fall in oil prices as an opportunity to further the diversification that has started under this administration.”

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigeria-is-not-broke-okonjo-iweala-2/

Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 17, 2015
Dedicated to mhizpeaarl.....

Meanwhile.....

Beware of the poster below me
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:43am On Apr 17, 2015
Frog face!

Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by shikshark: 6:44am On Apr 17, 2015
we know that already madam. but the money is not in the national treasury, i hope youre making the lists of how u dispensed the money
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by bewla(m): 6:45am On Apr 17, 2015
U again
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by midolian(m): 6:48am On Apr 17, 2015
Hehehehe..Nigeria is now rich.
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by XBLadez: 6:48am On Apr 17, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
Frog face!
You fine pass am?
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by XBLadez: 6:48am On Apr 17, 2015
Lalasticlala cool
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:54am On Apr 17, 2015
Bunch of deceivers. Broke, cash crunch...what's the difference? Nigeria is not broke, yet many states cannot pay salaries. Abeg jor!

Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:55am On Apr 17, 2015
XBLadez:

You fine pass am?
sure. If that is an argument.
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by XBLadez: 6:57am On Apr 17, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
Bunch of deceivers. Broke, cash crunch...what's the difference? Nigeria is not broke, yet many states cannot pay salaries. Abeg jor!
She's right, Nigeria is not broke. The money just doesn't go round
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by egift(m): 7:26am On Apr 17, 2015
Yet we is borrowing to fund pay salaries (80% recurrent budget)
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by tyson99(m): 7:30am On Apr 17, 2015
No worry na three bedroom flat only u go use for kirikiri
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Oklander: 7:33am On Apr 17, 2015
Madam, where the money dey? I don't blame you, of course you are not broke, but Nigerians are broke.
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by PapaUwa: 7:39am On Apr 17, 2015
Very hard to eductae Nigerians when they cant even read...smh
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 17, 2015
PapaUwa:
Very hard to eductae Nigerians when they cant even read...smh
Dem get reading disorder thus trainable but not teachable
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by omenka(m): 8:04am On Apr 17, 2015
Yeye woman.

Madam, hopefully, by the time you are sent to
jail, two months after, those fat cheeks, neck,
and lips of your would shrink to a level even your children wouldn't recognise you.

Your economic policies put Nigeria in the very
bad situation she finds herself today, but
unfortunately, you and your household can't feel
its impact because you've already secured your
end with stolen funds. Your useless voodoo
economics have resulted in the deaths of
countless number of kids and pensioners and
you would pay dearly for that someday soon.

By the way, how come all of a sudden, we are not getting anything from your propaganda publications NOI Polls anymore?? I bet they are no longer useful since your principal lost his election.

Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by francisdfreak: 8:36am On Apr 17, 2015
omenka:
Yeye woman.

Madam, hopefully, by the time you are sent to
jail, two months after, those fat cheeks, neck,
and lips of your would shrink to a level even your children wouldn't recognise you.

Your economic policies put Nigeria in the very
bad situation she finds herself today, but
unfortunately, you and your household can't feel
its impact because you've already secured your
end with stolen funds. Your useless voodoo
economics have resulted in the deaths of
countless number of kids and pensioners and
you would pay dearly for that someday soon.

By the way, how come all of a sudden, we are not getting anything from your propaganda publications NOI Polls anymore?? I bet they are no longer useful since your principal lost his election.

mumu,you posted this same comment on two threads.
better go find a better job you Apc situation room worker.
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by XBLadez: 9:22am On Apr 17, 2015
Lmao! Somebody copied this thread, recreated it, and pushed it to front page. Funny Nairaland.
Lalasticlala, check the time. This injustice must stop
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by mhizpeaarl(f): 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Dedicated to mhizpeaarl.....

Meanwhile.....

Beware of the poster below me
wat poster
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by XBLadez: 2:55pm On May 10, 2015
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Code213: 3:27pm On May 10, 2015
undecided Very Irritating!!!! Madam Voodoo-Economics....!!! that's the problem when you hire textbook economists!!
Re: "Nigeria Is Not Broke" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Lushore1: 3:32pm On May 10, 2015
We are not broke but we are borrowing money to pay for salaries, i really dont understand this woman economy policies again....

Shameful Video Of A Yoloba Drug Mule Caught In Indonesia Snitch On Igbos / Terrible Accident Occurred Around Keffi-kafanchan Road (photo) / Assets Declaration: Forget FOI - Buhari