Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,001 members, 7,799,433 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ (66160 Views)

Muslims Throw 12 Christians Into Sea On Their Way To Europe(video) / CAC Abule-Ijesha Members Fight As Pastor Is Thrown Out Of Church In Lagos / Former Richest Man In Brazil Eike Batista Throws $183,000 Into Sea For Yemoja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by PapaOyoyo: 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
Twelve Nigerian and Ghanaian migrants were thrown overboard following a fight concerning their Christian religion, Italian police said yesterday. The police said 15 African Muslim migrants have arrested over the incident. .

The victims were “of Christian faith, compared to their attackers who were of Muslim faith,” police said in a statement, saying the 15 people arrested were accused of “multiple aggravated murders motivated by religious hate”.

The incident aboard the rubber dinghy, which was carrying about 100 migrants, took place in the Strait of Sicily, between Tunisia and Italy.

According to a group of Nigerian and Ghanaian survivors, a fight broke out over religion, with a group of Muslim passengers threatening the Nigerians and Ghanaians after the latter – who were in the minority – declared themselves to be Christians.

“The threats then materialised and 12 people, all Nigerian and Ghanaian, are believed to have drowned in the Mediterranean,” the statement added.

The 15 migrants arrested over the attack on their arrival in Palermo were from Ivory Coast, Mali and Senegal.

In a separate migrant tragedy, as many as 41 migrants were feared drowned after refugee boat sank in the Mediterranean, Italian media reported.

Four survivors reported the incident to Italian police and humanitarian organizations.

The four survivors said they were originally from Sub-Saharan Africa and had left the city of Tripoli in Libya on Saturday. They then stayed adrift for four days before their boat was wrecked, the IOM spokesman said in a statement.

“It appears that the four were found floating in the sea by a helicopter and were then rescued by the military ship Foscari,” the IOM said.

Why dem no quietly go where dem dey go?
What has religion ever benefitted anyone?

1 Like

Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
go and blow yourself up.

kritikali:
Alhamdulilah, we are also forbiden from associating ourselves with pigs...like seriously, who the fck are you, who's your father, we don't even give a shit about the Jesus that was crucified let alone you.
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by m1500: 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
bushdoc9919:
If you must blame someone....blame African governments.

In Asian countries like South Korea, China, Japan and Singapore.....there is heavy duty investment in education and innovation development. They do not have resources....so they have to invest in education(as one American commentator on Yahoo.com said....education is their only resource). As a result....they have a highly educated workforce....and they have the innovative economy to produce jobs galore for them. And the Governments of these countries are committed to making things work because they know that if there is no light...the economy fails...and problem happens.(and there is no oil or groundnut to sell).

But in African countries....we just export raw materials to the west....and use the money to share and then import stuff....even the stuff we are making. Nigeria once upon a time manufactured all the tyres used in the country(Infact back in the 1980's...I recall a friend of my dad's bought foreign tyres...and my dad was like...How can you do such a thing when we have good Nigerian made tyres....fit for our roads?) Now...all the tyres used in Nigeria are foreign. Dunlop Nigeria, the last manufacturer closed its doors a few years ago.

And do you know what our resource dependency is doing to us? It is stifling economic growth. We do not have industries...because of importation. Even common exercise book...we are importing from countries like Indonesia FHS.!As a result no jobs. And since government is not dependent on the people's taxes....but on the sale of oil....and in other African countries the sale of cotton, groundnut, etc....they just siddon chop money. So....no jobs...and as a result hundreds of our young men AND women...and even children...are on the boats to Italy. And do you know the disgraceful thing about this? NO AFRICAN LEADER HAS COME OUT TO SAY....THIS IS WRONG....WE HAVE TO DO MORE TO MAKE SURE OUR YOUNG PEOPLE STAY. Instead they keep chopping money. And when things get sticky...the run to the Goddess Christine....to beg for more money from the Heavenly Bank....money that we will promptly waste on chopping and more white elephant projects.Meanwhile we lose the flower of our youth to the Mediterranean.

So....I am not blaming the Muslims for this disaster. Of course...it does not excuse any wrongdoing. Whoever was responsible for the death must pay. But the real villan is our African leaders....and their economics of resource dependency.And even we Africans too are to blame....we tolerate bad leaders....and call people who try to call them to account jokers.

We can stop this...by investing in education and industrial development...and by getting rid of the idea that oil and any resource will save us. Let us leave resource dependency behind. What stops our engineers from manufacturing a simple maize grinding machine for rural ladies to use? What stops us from making cars, lorries, even planes. We must be serious...otherwise we will have more disasters like this. And the road begins with us making our leaders work for us....and with us getting rid of the idea that stomach infrastructure politics is a good thing. We must work for our daily bread. There is no national cake.

Africa awake!

My Dear I read your piece and it agrees to my thoughts completely. For good governance to thrive we must get rid of corruption completely and ensure that the electorates decide who governs over their affairs; meaning that the votes must count. In some of the Asian countries you mentioned, corruption is an offence that may attract capital punishment. If I should zero in on Nigeria, all that Buhari owes this country is to fight and institutionalize anti-corruption; secondly improve on what Jega had started so much so that every single vote counts come 2019. Once the people decide who leads them, their leaders will sit up and the masses will be the better for it.
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by kritikali(m): 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2015
breakeven:

They hate Christians because they believe it is the only faith that is holding them from taking over the world. What they fail to get is that hate can never defeat love. LOVE conquers all.

And Christian don't hate muslims in the north?? You jus a deluded, brain washed brainless bastard!!!
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by Mintayo(m): 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
Confirmer:

So you wrote all these with a straight face and a sober mind? undecided The Crusaders were the true christian? The Ku Klux Kan were the real Christian?
And expect another crusade if you guys try What you did the last time that lead to the crusade!
You guys can not eat your cake and still have it, a time is coming when the whole world will stand against the lie called islam!

1 Like

Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by Realist2: 12:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
slap1:
It's a pity.

Islam a Religion of..........

1 Like

Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by murtaj(m): 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2015
Sijo01:
Islam, religion of scavengers.

all d best for u ooo
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2015
if things like this continues, a repeat of the crusades would definitely happen.
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by Rekit: 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2015
This is logically not true.
In a fight that involved 12 muslims and some christians, how comes only the Christians were thrown into the sea? Were their hands tied!
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by tammmy(m): 12:48pm On Apr 17, 2015
sigmundfreud:
Black man and black mind. Don't blame the whites for thinking we are subhuman...
sometimes wen u have nothing to say shut up. is Isis black or what has religious killing got to do with colour difference
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by Litmus: 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
You're fleeing hardship by making for Christan lands but then you turn and murder those fleeing with you. Not only do you betray the comradeship of the poor born of shared purpose, but you betray the values of those to whose land you fled in search of refuge. The whole thing makes no sense, which was why i positioned it outside the context of religion in my earlier post.

Are these murderers fleeing Bokoharam (I mean did the Nigerian men unfortunately meet fleeing Bokoharam people on the boat) ? People that fought for Bokoharam came from many places outside Nigeria.

Perhaps they're individuals from Nations so wretched that they believed being convicted and sent to jail in foreign lands would guarantee that they're not repatriated straight away. There's precedence - some homeless people and jobless people in Britain have been known to commit crime in order to be sent to prison where there's three square meals, warmth, roof and relative security.
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by khairate(f): 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
killjoy:

do u hv to insult fool? r u a muslim from auchi who rili tinks he is muslim? let me tell u d bitter truth. doz muslims in d north, d boko haram muslims don't see u as part of dem, dey will kill u if war breaks. I swear.

still that doesn't change the fact dt there are Muslims in Edo state. Or are u saying Edo Muslims are half christian? y should d edo Muslims see dem selves as boko haram Muslims? and wat kind of war are u clamoring for?
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by osystein(m): 1:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
Someone is clearly trying to devide Africans, what's with all the fake news?
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by desmond2pk: 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
Those Muslims were not terrorists, just ordinary Muslims. I always tell people that they are not safe with any Muslim as their neighbor.
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by vikkeee(m): 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
muslims say something....
islam a religion of peace indeed!!
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by khairate(f): 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
Rekit:
This is logically not true.
In a fight that involved 12 muslims and some christians, how comes only the Christians were thrown into the sea? Were their hands tied!
Rubbish

don't mind. nw dt Muslims are involved, the vindictive hate filled xtians wouldn't care abt verifying the authenticity of the story. they jus folded their arms, said their last prayers and waited patiently in turns to be thrown into d sea. Story for the gods.
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by mulattoclaro(m): 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
sameer1212:
LOL... Guy seriously sometimes u dey miss yan o and na wetin they vex me with u be that. U guys took every thing entirely on Islam, forgetting that there is individual differences. So now if some few christians did something wrong, na christianity told them to do it abi? SMH. Cheers!
I no dey misyarn. I just don't like the rate in which these radical muslims murder people in the name of religion. It's not fair. Everyone has a right to live and everyone is free to be of any religion or belief he or she feels comfortable with. People should not be made to live in fear cos they're no muslims in some regions. ISIL entered a village mainly dominated by Iraqi christians and start killing them. They even went as far as beheading little kids too as young as 5. What crime did these people commit rather than being christians. Where have you heard of christians killing, maiming and beheading others that are non christians in the name of its religion? Why is it that areas mainly populated by muslims always like to force Islam down the throat of others that that are non muslims living in that area? Angola placed a ban on islam because the people are scared of the unknown. You said Islam isn't a religion of violence, then how come these extremists always justify their atrocities by reading scriptures of the Quran? They even read the actual areas where Islam supports and promotes the killing of non muslims. They always use the name of Allah whenever they go on rampage. We christians have never attacked you muslims but you guys are always the first to attack. I can show you areas in the bible of the old testament that supports retaliation but we don't use that cos we have a new testament that teaches love and forgiveness in that same bible. We chose to live by the new testament and not the old testament. Bro I'm telling you on this day a point will come when we are going to fight back and that day won't be funny at all. I think the time have cone for we christians to start forming our own militia group to curb the excesses of some of these muslims. The time has come to let them know that they're not the only one who have the monopoly of violence. We christians can kill too. The time has come for Islamic scholars, imams and the entire Islamic community at large to go back and review some portions of the Quran. Those proportion that supports the killing of other non muslims. A point will come when the ground would be too hot for you muslims. A point will come when we will start endorsing religious cleansing. A point will come when we will start arming ourselves and attacking you guys in the same manner you attack we christians. All muslims should come out publicly to condemn these attacks on we christians. A word is enough for the wise. I rest my case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by XBLadez: 1:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
Demmzy15:

Thank you for understanding! Hope we're friends now?

*extends hands for friendship shake* cheesy

*accepts handshake* Of course, I wish all Muslims reason like you

1 Like

Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by killjoy(m): 1:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
khairate:

still that doesn't change the fact dt there are Muslims in Edo state. Or are u saying Edo Muslims are half christian? y should d edo Muslims see dem selves as boko haram Muslims? and wat kind of war are u clamoring for?

look, here's my point - d Fulani/Hausa muslim Dnt regard Edo or Yoruba muslims as muslims. two, I am not clamouring for any war. aren't u aware one is ongoing and has been on for d past six years? shey u nw see hw lax n ignorant we southerners are. its a pity. because none of ur pipl has fallen victim u just don't care. do u knw hw many of my church members in Maiduguri hv died, hw many of my friends n neighbours indeed many southerners are irresponsible and ignorant jokes... pray make hand no meet u my dear
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by killjoy(m): 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2015
mulattoclaro:
I no dey misyarn. I just don't like the rate in which these radical muslims murder people in the name of religion. It's not fair. Everyone has a right to live and everyone is free to be of any religion or belief he or she feels comfortable with. People should not be made to live in fear cos they're no muslims in some regions. ISIL entered a village mainly dominated by Iraqi christians and start killing them. They even went as far as beheading little kids too as young as 5. What crime did these people commit rather than being christians. Where have you heard of christians killing, maiming and beheading others that are non christians in the name of its religion? Why is it that areas mainly populated by muslims always like to force Islam down the throat of others that that are non muslims living in that area? Angola placed a ban on islam because the people are scared of the unknown. You said Islam isn't a religion of violence, then how come these extremists always justify their atrocities by reading scriptures of the Quran? They even read the actual areas where Islam supports and promotes the killing of non muslims. They always use the name of Allah whenever they go on rampage. We christians have never attacked you muslims but you guys are always the first to attack. I can show you areas in the bible of the old testament that supports retaliation but we don't use that cos we have a new testament that teaches love and forgiveness in that same bible. We chose to live by the new testament and not the old testament. Bro I'm telling you on this day a point will come when we are going to fight back and that day won't be funny at all. I think the time have cone for we christians to start forming our own militia group to curb the excesses of some of these muslims. The time has come to let them know that they're not the only one who have the monopoly of violence. We christians can kill too. The time has come for Islamic scholars, imams and the entire Islamic community at large to go back and review some portions of the Quran. Those proportion that supports the killing of other non muslims. A point will come when the ground would be too hot for you muslims. A point will come when we will start endorsing religious cleansing. A point will come when we will start arming ourselves and attacking you guys in the same manner you attack we christians. All muslims should come out publicly to condemn these attacks on we christians. A word is enough for the wise. I rest my case.

gbam! c'est fini... r u from Jos? cos I knw Jos Christians don't take shit from muslims
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by mulattoclaro(m): 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
killjoy:

gbam! c'est fini... r u from Jos? cos I knw Jos Christians don't take shit from muslims
I'm not from Jos bro. I'm from Edo State. I don't like the attacks on christians and non muslims simply cos we are not muslims. The time has come for we christians to arm ourselves in order to defend ourselves. They should know that they not the only one that can attack.

1 Like

Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
Thank God I never went into that relationship
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
God Almighty please help your children!
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by Gbsks: 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
nyabinghi:
the mother of ur god jesus was raped by a paedophile(joseph) mary had jesus at the age of 11
before u make any comment i think u should conduct a thorough research about ur facts before posting it on a public forum.. Shalom
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by lepasharon(f): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
May Allah be praised Allahu Akhbar. Death to all infidels
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by khairate(f): 2:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
killjoy:

look, here's my point - d Fulani/Hausa muslim Dnt regard Edo or Yoruba muslims as muslims. two, I am not clamouring for any war. aren't u aware one is ongoing and has been on for d past six years? shey u nw see hw lax n ignorant we southerners are. its a pity. because none of ur pipl has fallen victim u just don't care. do u knw hw many of my church members in Maiduguri hv died, hw many of my friends n neighbours indeed many southerners are irresponsible and ignorant jokes... pray make hand no meet u my dear

what point really? who are d hausas/ fulanis to decide who is a Muslim and who isn't? are the Muslims down south worshipping to impress the north? who cares what they think of the southern Muslims? Muslims arent perfect but Islam is. and the boko haram u are talking abt, wat makes u think the ur church members are the only ones affected, check the records again, no one whether Muslim or xtian is spared; not even the indigent Muslim northerners. For the fact dt u use the activities of the boko haram sect to qualify and justify ur sentiments against the Muslims shows clearly u are one of the 'irresponsible' and 'ignorant' southerners u earlier mentioned.

1 Like

Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by ogaprime(m): 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
nyabinghi:
Child traffickers,pornstars,armed robbers are christians when crisis erupts, another criminal ayo oritshejafor used foreign currency and his private jet to buy arms, kris okotie raped a choir member and his wife divorced him straight away, oyedepo keeps scamming his members, their pastors keep collecting money from gej, God let them down during the elections, christianity was based on paganism, gay churches and pastors, homosexuality in the church, bible so full of pooh,incest, sex and contradictions

Hey chief imam boko haram, you just dey talk rubbish since morning thinking sey christians go bring out pencil begin shook muslim just like muslims bring out knife to slaughter "infidels"?? You fail. Highest na abuse we go abuse you. Keep on spilling trashs, if your prophet mohammad should hear you say these trash, he will use slaps to format and convert you to christianity
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by killjoy(m): 2:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
khairate:

what point really? who are d hausas/ fulanis to decide who is a Muslim and who isn't? are the Muslims down south worshipping to impress the north? who cares what they think of the southern Muslims? Muslims arent perfect but Islam is. and the boko haram u are talking abt, wat makes u think the ur church members are the only ones affected, check the records again, no one whether Muslim or xtian is spared; not even the indigent Muslim northerners. For the fact dt u use the activities of the boko haram sect to qualify and justify ur sentiments against the Muslims shows clearly u are one of the 'irresponsible' and 'ignorant' southerners u earlier mentioned.

oh cut d bull crap. boko haram myt be politically motivated Bt u knw der hatred for Christians is part of d whole. stop deluding ursrlf muslims do not hate Christians's guts-all over d world. self delusion is d worst form of delusion
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by brownlord: 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
haywire1:

Is it logical to burn a bible nor use a bible as a toilet paper? Let's be realistic bro, u won't accept that too.

Also, I doubt if a religious person be it a christian or Muslim can burn down a shrine, so why Christians fighting Muslims and vice versa all d time undecided

Show me a Christian that will behead anybody for burning a bible, as in are you actually supporting the inhuman act done by SLS?

I don't care if 1 million bibles are burnt, for all i care the book does not in anyway reflect the word of God, the word is the text inside of it and not the book which could be printed by a non christian, i don't care what someone do to the bible provided no harm was done to me or i was stopped from going to my place of worship,i can't behead anyone for not respecting the bible
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by Danpersie31(m): 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
sameer1212:
who the fvck are u? Go and get a good phone with a clear camera before I talk to u. Poverty and frustration is a big disease I swear. cheesy
oh at least I don't collect money 4rm ur father 2bomb people cos of ur 70virgins...
u are totally an epitome of stvpidity ...u reak of trash...no mata wat u are d son of d bond woman...4ever a slave 2me in dis world and d next
peace Islam(ouch)
piss Islam
I piss on u and ur generation's grave ..slave
Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by Demmzy15(m): 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2015
XBLadez:

*accepts handshake* Of course, I wish all Muslims reason like you
Tanks Bro, I'm honored! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ by Demmzy15(m): 2:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
brownlord:

Show me a Christian that will behead anybody for burning a bible, as in are you actually supporting the inhuman act done by SLS?

I don't care if 1 million bibles are burnt, for all i care the book does not in anyway reflect the word of God, the word is the text inside of it and not the book which could be printed by a non christian, i don't care what someone do to the bible provided no harm was done to me or i was stopped from going to my place of worship,i can't behead anyone for not respecting the bible
There was once a time when people were executed for translating the Bible to English.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Guru Maharaj-Ji At Ooni Of Ife’s Wedding (Photos) / Fire Guts Building In TB Joshua’s Synagogue Church (Photos, Video) / Catholic Reverend Sister & Muslim Sister In Hijab Hug In Jos.see Reactions(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.