Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,483 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Spanish Student Visas - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spanish Student Visas (155133 Views)

Things you should know about Kenya. Visa, Tourism, Business And Student Visas. / What You Need To Know About Russia Student Visas And Immigration New Laws / Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spanish Student Visas by mcobex: 4:59pm On Jan 19, 2017
Good day house, pls I will need. Some vital info from people already in spain. Pls help a brother @skelewudprince and other gurus in spain. If u can send me ur email I will appreciate. Thanks
Re: Spanish Student Visas by peterpeteru: 5:33pm On Jan 19, 2017
mcobex:
Which state are u from? Well not withstanding almost all states have their liason office here in lagos, which means u can get it here in lagos . Search "name if ur state's office in lagos" on Google and u should be able to see get the address.

I have. I've even collected it yesterday. Thanks man
Re: Spanish Student Visas by mcobex: 9:32pm On Jan 19, 2017
Thank God bro. Best of luck
peterpeteru:

I have. I've even collected it yesterday. Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by ogatboy(m): 1:47pm On Feb 01, 2017
Please who is already in Barcelona, I would love a chat
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hello pple, i got admission with EAE business school to run my masters program. pls any pointers as to how i could get an accommodationCOS I know i have to submit a proof of accommodation and i'm not really seeing anything nice on uniplaces. HELP!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Oma1358: 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
Good day and a happy new year to you all.
I just joined nairaland today.
About to start processing my visa. Everything here makes it scary lol. The process seems too rigorous and unnecessarily stressful. Please wish me luck.

Please anyone that is already in Spain can also assist me. Ill be coming to Barcelona when I get my visa cuz that's where I got an admission.
Thanks in anticipation.
Warm regards!

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 6:22pm On Feb 21, 2017
Oma1358:
Good day and a happy new year to you all.
I just joined nairaland today.
About to start processing my visa. Everything here makes it scary lol. The process seems too rigorous and unnecessarily stressful. Please wish me luck.

Please anyone that is already in Spain can also assist me. Ill be coming to Barcelona when I get my visa cuz that's where I got an admission.
Thanks in anticipation.
Warm regards!

Hiya @oma1358,

Yes you are right, the Spanish visa process is very tedious, however if you follow through the steps thoroughly on documentation, you will minimize your margin of error and cost. In addition to avoiding mistakes in documentation, I will advise you start your process at least 3.5 months before your resumption date. Your certificate may be subject to investigation and this takes around 2 months (this varies though). Some of us that applied last year were caught off guard by this and we resumed late in our program.

Not sure sure what assistance you need in Barcelona, but should it be accommodation , you can reach out to the contact person in your school who can share places where students have lived previously (that was how I got by)

Unfortunately I am not in Barcelona but I hope this helps! smiley

Cheeers

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Oma1358: 6:21am On Feb 22, 2017
objifeanyi:

Hiya @oma1358,

Yes you are right, the Spanish visa process is very tedious, however if you follow through the steps thoroughly on documentation, you will minimize your margin of error and cost. In addition to avoiding mistakes in documentation, I will advise you start your process at least 3.5 months before your resumption date. Your certificate may be subject to investigation and this takes around 2 months (this varies though). Some of us that applied last year were caught off guard by this and we resumed late in our program.

Not sure sure what assistance you need in Barcelona, but should it be accommodation , you can reach out to the contact person in your school who can share places where students have lived previously (that was how I got by)

Unfortunately I am not in Barcelona but I hope this helps! smiley

Cheeers

Thanks for your kind and prompt response.
I don't even have that luxury of time cuz my school resumes in April . Anyways I wish we could talk better cuz I just started yesterday and I'm already going gaga!
Where do I get the spinster hood certificate from ? I wasn't born before 92 but when I went to NPC, I was told I should get the attestation of age instead of the CTC stamp, hope that is OK? I'm tired jor. I stay in Abuja, dunno where I can get the PCC. Where can I find a certified translator here in Nigeria ? What gives them room to investigate one's certificate ?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 2:40pm On Feb 22, 2017
Oma1358:

Thanks for your kind and prompt response.
I don't even have that luxury of time cuz my school resumes in April . Anyways I wish we could talk better cuz I just started yesterday and I'm already going gaga!
Where do I get the spinster hood certificate from ? I wasn't born before 92 but when I went to NPC, I was told I should get the attestation of age instead of the CTC stamp, hope that is OK? I'm tired jor. I stay in Abuja, dunno where I can get the PCC. Where can I find a certified translator here in Nigeria ? What gives them room to investigate one's certificate ?

Hiya,

I agree with you... everyone probably gets to that "gaga" point, however I think you must strategize to make the most out of your time. Look at thread 1 by 1andonly, you will have enough info to help you pull through. You can put together all the documents in 2-3 weeks without moving out of Abuja and then come to Lagos for your legalization.

You can inbox me if you have any other specifics.

Cheers
Re: Spanish Student Visas by mcobex: 7:18pm On Feb 25, 2017
objifeanyi:

Hiya,

I agree with you... everyone probably gets to that "gaga" point, however I think you must strategize to make the most out of your time. Look at thread 1 by 1andonly, you will have enough info to help you pull through. You can put together all the documents in 2-3 weeks without moving out of Abuja and then come to Lagos for your legalization.

You can inbox me if you have any other specifics.

Cheers
bro I will need your advice. Pls can we chat privately?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Schonebaby: 3:54pm On May 04, 2017
Good morning house. Please I need cogent advice. I have never travelled out before. I just finished my M.Sc. program here in Nigeria and I applied for a 3 month research training scholarship in Spain. I got the scholarship fortunately just a week after I got married. I'm to start the research stay in September and end in November ending. I have a funding of 4,900 dollars. My question now is can I apply with my husband so he can come later and spend 2 weeks (his annual leave ) with me. Note that he will be able to come join October for 2 weeks before going back to his job while I will be resuming September. What are his chances? Do we have to apply for his own separately or can I do it along with mine? Can I use my maiden name passport to do all this and apply for him, bearing in mind that my scholarship is in my maiden name. (we are married legally) Thank you. I don't want to make any mistake when I start processing.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 10:53am On May 06, 2017
Schonebaby:
Good morning house. Please I need cogent advice. I have never travelled out before. I just finished my M.Sc. program here in Nigeria and I applied for a 3 month research training scholarship in Spain. I got the scholarship fortunately just a week after I got married. I'm to start the research stay in September and end in November ending. I have a funding of 4,900 dollars. My question now is can I apply with my husband so he can come later and spend 2 weeks (his annual leave ) with me. Note that he will be able to come join October for 2 weeks before going back to his job while I will be resuming September. What are his chances? Do we have to apply for his own separately or can I do it along with mine? Can I use my maiden name passport to do all this and apply for him, bearing in mind that my scholarship is in my maiden name. (we are married legally) Thank you. I don't want to make any mistake when I start processing.

I think you should apply first and once you get your visa, he can apply afterwards. On the name of the passport, I do not think it is an issue as long as you provide your marriage certificate. Lastly, check with the Spanish consulate if you have to apply through them or via the agency. This is because your stay is 90 days which is regarded as short stay and often not handled by the consulate but an agency (used to be VFS) Alternatively students visa are handled by the consulate
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Schonebaby: 2:55pm On May 09, 2017
objifeanyi:

I think you should apply first and once you get your visa, he can apply afterwards. On the name of the passport, I do not think it is an issue as long as you provide your marriage certificate. Lastly, check with the Spanish consulate if you have to apply through them or via the agency. This is because your stay is 90 days which is regarded as short stay and often not handled by the consulate but an agency (used to be VFS) Alternatively students visa are handled by the consulate
Thanks I appreciate you taking out time.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by jbinspiration: 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2017
Obtaining a direct spanish visa either for visit or studying has become more strict in recent years due to some of the shady activities of some Nigerians living in Spain. Hence it is usually quicker to apply for a schengen visa from any other european countries and with this visa you can easily come into Spain. Once in the country you can get a good lawyer to work out the possibilities of staying longer if you so wish or even studying by applying for a work permit or residence permit.

You will find more info on this site regarding the spanish visa from Nigeria and how to apply for the spanish residence permit and a host of other useful informations for those planning on visiting or residing in Spain https://allnigeriansinspain.com/

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by boykas(m): 11:09pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hello guys.. Good evening I will like to apply for Spanish visa but dunno where to start. I will be 29years this June and I only earn OND cert. I have an international passport.. Please house how can I start.. I have job but not a corporate one, and a wife and two children.. Pls help guys I really need this... Thanks in advance..
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 13, 2017
I was at the Spanish consulate last week for legalisation of my documents. I was told that my certificates need to be investigated before legalisation. That will cost me 70k. I am applying to study a master course at UDC. I am yet to be given Admission. They insist I must send them legalise copies of my certificates for my application to be considered. I am kinda confused. Hw can I pay 70k when I have not been given the admission. And beside, time has really gone far. I need your advice house.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by paulodangelo(m): 8:04pm On Jun 16, 2017
Hey y'all. I have sent a mail to the Spanish consulate Lagos to book appointment for legalization. My documents have being legalized by the ministry of foreign affairs and translated. I want to know how much I should go with because this will be by God's grace the 1st time I'll be going to study overseas. Bsc to be precise.

Secondly, do I require my sponsors bank statement when going. And he will I need to go with CAC certificate.

Also what should his bank statement be like because I'm hearing people here talking about having enough balance for the duration of study.

For those that have an idea, I'll gladly appreciate your input (now I know what it's like to seek for visa.. .better piss dey hol me for the past 1 month)
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 6:12am On Jun 21, 2017
efeturi3:
I was at the Spanish consulate last week for legalisation of my documents. I was told that my certificates need to be investigated before legalisation. That will cost me 70k. I am applying to study a master course at UDC. I am yet to be given Admission. They insist I must send them legalise copies of my certificates for my application to be considered. I am kinda confused. Hw can I pay 70k when I have not been given the admission. And beside, time has really gone far. I need your advice house.

Hiya

Just read your email in more detail. Inform your school about it and the exorbitant fees involved may be there is a leeway, may be they need a notarized copy to confirm your admission. Else if the legalized copy still leave your admission chances 50:50, it becomes very much challenging. Alternatively you can look for other schools because this is very strange to subject your admission to legalization and not visa.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 6:16am On Jun 21, 2017
paulodangelo:
Hey y'all. I have sent a mail to the Spanish consulate Lagos to book appointment for legalization. My documents have being legalized by the ministry of foreign affairs and translated. I want to know how much I should go with because this will be by God's grace the 1st time I'll be going to study overseas. Bsc to be precise.

Secondly, do I require my sponsors bank statement when going. And he will I need to go with CAC certificate.

Also what should his bank statement be like because I'm hearing people here talking about having enough balance for the duration of study.

For those that have an idea, I'll gladly appreciate your input (now I know what it's like to seek for visa.. .better piss dey hol me for the past 1 month)

You don't need your sponsor's account for legalization that is for visa application. If you go through previous threads you will see the docs needed for legalization. Better still drop an email to the consulate incase requirements have changed.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by fasholasamson: 5:02pm On Jun 21, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I won the Erasmus Mundus Masters Scholarship Scheduled to commence this September in UAB. I am currently sourcing for my documents for legalization.

Please, I was born in 1988 and my birth certificate is laminated. Moreover, my third name is missing on it. Kindly advise me on what to do in this regard, as I do not want to make avoidable mistake.

Thanks.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by mayblossom(f): 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2017
Hi all. Thanks for all the info. I have one more question though. I have an appointment to legalize my documents but I'm currently not in the country. Can my sister submit the documents for me? I read from the appointment letter that only legal representatives duly accredited can submit documents on behalf of anybody. Does my sister qualify if she Provides her id or do they mean I should get a lawyer?

Also the ministry of edu refused to legalize my transcript. They said it's a confidential doc and they won't legalize (I applied for a student's copy but it still bears the name of the school where they sent the original)
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Espritferv: 9:19am On Jun 29, 2017
fasholasamson:
Hello Everyone,

I won the Erasmus Mundus Masters Scholarship Scheduled to commence this September in UAB. I am currently sourcing for my documents for legalization.

Please, I was born in 1988 and my birth certificate is laminated. Moreover, my third name is missing on it. Kindly advise me on what to do in this regard, as I do not want to make avoidable mistake.

Thanks.
Get a new birth certificate from NPC and it will be valid
Re: Spanish Student Visas by mirik(m): 9:10am On Jul 03, 2017
objifeanyi:

You don't need your sponsor's account for legalization that is for visa application. If you go through previous threads you will see the docs needed for legalization. Better still drop an email to the consulate incase requirements have changed.

Hello Anyi,
I have just started my own process for Spanish visa. Mine program is for Bsc. Please I have some questions as per translation. Do I need to translate my weac certificate too? And my PCC, has an attached form of my finger prints, do I need to send that form for translation too?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 2:58am On Jul 05, 2017
Hiya mate

As for the PCC you need to translate the doc, both the pink and white copies (including the fingerprints) Ask the consulate if you should translate WAEC. Mine was a PG program and not undergrad.
Speaking more generally quite a good number of the questions regarding documentation have been answered previously. If you go through the previous threads you will see how these issues were tackled.

mirik:

Hello Anyi,
I have just started my own process for Spanish visa. Mine program is for Bsc. Please I have some questions as per translation. Do I need to translate my weac certificate too? And my PCC, has an attached form of my finger prints, do I need to send that form for translation too?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by mirik(m): 6:38am On Jul 06, 2017
paulodangelo:

Hello Paul,
Did you also translate your weac certificate? And for the balance in the account required for visa application, where you able to get the min.amount required? E.g for someone going for a 3yr course?.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Skelewudprince: 7:55pm On Jul 08, 2017
Hello,

You do not need to translate the fingerprint page.

You need to translate the WEAC Certificates

mirik:

Hello Anyi,
Re: Spanish Student Visas by paulodangelo(m): 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello guys. One more tiny winny issue. HOW MUCH DOES ONE NEED AS BANK STATEMENT TO MAKE THE VISA APPLICATION GO THROUGH. I'M HEARING YOU NEED TO HAVE THE AMOUNT FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR STAY AND MINE IS 3 YEARS. Even America no dey give this kind requirement Na. My sponsor has approximately 11, 000USD in local currency convertion. Will it work or is not enough? Help a bruva abeg.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (41) (Reply)

STUDY IN BULGARIA / Being Black In Berlin/germany / Tell Us About The City Where You Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.