Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,973 members, 7,799,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Spanish Student Visas - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spanish Student Visas (154995 Views)

Things you should know about Kenya. Visa, Tourism, Business And Student Visas. / What You Need To Know About Russia Student Visas And Immigration New Laws / Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 15, 2017
Is there the possibility of working while studying in Barcelona? Hw much can one make doing such job. Please reply.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ask1509(m): 11:51pm On Sep 16, 2017
I see this thread is getting dry by the day. Well, let me make my own contribution by describing my adventures with the Spanish consulate here. Hopefully, it will be of help to others and probably resuscitate this thread
I recently got a position in Madrid and I was joyful I finally got a much covete position until I discovered the rigorous process involved in obtaining a visa. My school requires that I legalise my bachelor's degree certificate and transcripts. They said I will have to send that to them first before they'll send documents to me that I will use to apply for the visa. So I actually plan to legalise my certificate and transcript first before I'll now later get the remaining documents (PCC, NPC birth cert, and medicals) and legalize them for the visa application.

I just sent them a mail this night using the email address posted on earlier pages of this thread and I hope I get an appointment soon.

Wish me luck..

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by ask1509(m): 9:53am On Sep 17, 2017
sethmelia002:
Hi everyone please I need some advise,I booked for Legalization of my documents and the Consulate has not responded yet. What do I do nowI am confused. I sent a mail on the 7th /09/2017 to cog.lagos.leg@maec.es. Even sent a complaint to the embassy email cog.lagos@maec.es. I have called the consulate numbers but no one is responding who else is experiencing this

Hello sethmelia,
Have you been able secure an appointment for legalisation at the consulate? Have they replied you with an appointment date?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ask1509(m): 11:56am On Sep 18, 2017
So I got a reply from the consulate this morning and I've been given an appointment date. The appointment email contains important information that I feel will be useful to others later. I list them below:

1. Legalization fee as written in email is #2,400. Please note that fees are subject to change withough prior notice.
2. Education documents (degree certificates/trancripts) will undergo an investigation by lawyers and their fees is from #65,000 to #100,000.
3. Documents that require investigation will take 2 months.
4. It is not required to translate the documents for the legalization process.

I hope the above info will be useful for someone.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2017
1ondaly, Mancini, skelewudprince, objifeanyi, una no wan answer us again? Ur input is needed at this time as experienced men grin grin grin. I am on monthly salary of about 100k here in Nigeria. I intend to be on work study leave. Do you think that this my 100k naira would be enough for my living expenses ( accommodation & feeding; on a conservative/manage pattern grin grin grin grin ) in Barcelona? If not, is there the possibility of working and studying in Barcelona to argument this my lean coins? Please reply

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by sethmelia002: 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
ask1509:

Hello sethmelia,
Have you been able secure an appointment for legalisation at the consulate? Have they replied you with an appointment date?

Yes I Have , my legalized documents will be collected on the 28th of September. Please anyhelp with translators ..Do the older translators such as Rodrigo and Vivian still exist?. Please anyone in the house going to the University of Jaen hola! Need help with accomodation as the school does not provide such.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Harmony222(m): 1:08pm On Oct 01, 2017
Anyone in Madrid who needs a job? Contact my whatsapp now. Madrid residents only... Nearness to calle de Sevilla is most preferred.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Skelewudprince: 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hi, Sorry for the late response
100k is just about 235Euro which will not be enough. You will need atleast 400 euro a month to survive here.

No jobs as a student to the best of my knowledge because your visa or card as a student doesn't permit you to work.

efeturi3:
1ondaly, Mancini, skelewudprince, objifeanyi, una no wan answer us again? Ur input is needed at this time as experienced men grin grin grin. I am on monthly salary of about 100k here in Nigeria. I intend to be on work study leave. Do you think that this my 100k naira would be enough for my living expenses ( accommodation & feeding; on a conservative/manage pattern grin grin grin grin ) in Barcelona? If not, is there the possibility of working and studying in Barcelona to argument this my lean coins? Please reply
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Skelewudprince: 4:16pm On Oct 01, 2017
They are still very much in existence

sethmelia002:

Yes I Have , my legalized documents will be collected on the 28th of September. Please anyhelp with translators ..Do the older translators such as Rodrigo and Vivian still exist?. Please anyone in the house going to the University of Jaen hola! Need help with accomodation as the school does not provide such.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Skelewudprince: 4:17pm On Oct 01, 2017
You can't work.

efeturi3:
Is there the possibility of working while studying in Barcelona? Hw much can one make doing such job. Please reply.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Skelewudprince: 4:20pm On Oct 01, 2017
Yes,

That is what it means.

[quote author=SOLACE1206 post=59331893][/quote]
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 1:01am On Oct 03, 2017
@skelewudprince, Thanks for much for your response. Na wa, the thing get as e be. The accommodation is on a high side u know!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obamd: 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
Hello guys, I just got an offer for a MAster's scholarship in spain and it's coming in late because someone had declined.

How soon can I get the process done?
will using an agent make it faster?

The program already started this week and I'm wondering if I can possibly get a visa within the next one month
I'll appreciate any help or advise I can get
Re: Spanish Student Visas by sethmelia002: 8:42am On Oct 06, 2017
obamd:
Hello guys, I just got an offer for a MAster's scholarship in spain and it's coming in late because someone had declined.

How soon can I get the process done?
will using an agent make it faster?

The program already started this week and I'm wondering if I can possibly get a visa within the next one month
I'll appreciate any help or advise I can get

Dont try it, I reckon you should defer.The visa process is very tedious and really doubt if you can complete documentation in one month. To increase your chances of acceptance go ahead and defer that admission or scholarship to the next available term.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by obamd: 12:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
guys please, which one is certificate of bachelorhood?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by maakie(f): 11:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
obamd:
guys please, which one is certificate of bachelorhood?

This is a sworn affidavit stating that as at present, you are a single unmarried male or without any marital attachment whatsoever.
You can go to any court to have it done, for a negotiable fee.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obamd: 8:59am On Oct 11, 2017
maakie:

Q
This is a sworn affidavit stating that as at present, you are a single unmarried male or without any marital attachment whatsoever.
You can go to any court to have it done, for a negotiable fee.

Thanks. I got he affidavit, then went to local govt registry.
Cost me 10k in total
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2017
Hola,

Just a word about the silence, most of the issues raised here have already being trashed in previous threads hence no need to repeat the answers. However to make the place a depository of information, if there is anything that has differed from previous threads of 2015 & 2016 in your recent experience, please share to help other coming on onboard to be abreast.

Overall the Spanish student visa process is very tedious and involves a lot of paper work, the only way to stay on course is to start on time and utilize the info shared here to your advantage.

Cheers.... smiley

efeturi3:
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ask1509(m): 12:06am On Oct 12, 2017
Here are updates that I think people should know.

1. Legalisation per page at the Spanish consulate is now 3100 per page. Remember to hold the exact amount of money as no change will be given and they won't keep the change. Asking them to keep the change is an easy way to get sent out of the consulate.

2. To avoid investigation for your transcripts and degree certificates, please go to your university and request that official transcripts, copy of your certificate and an attestation letter (confirming that you're a graduate of that school) be sent to the consulate directly from your school's registrar or other office with appropriate jurisdiction. Wait till you're sure they've gotten it at the consulate (confirm by sending them a mail, asking if they've received it, they should reply) before booking appointment and making an appearance. When you get there, tell them your school has sent in official transcripts. Hopefully, they should waive it for you.

That's all I have for now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spanish Student Visas by obamd: 7:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
Is it compulsory to do the translations at the Spanish Embassy?

Can you use an external, certified translator?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by sethmelia002: 9:28am On Oct 14, 2017
obamd:
Is it compulsory to do the translations at the Spanish Embassy?

Can you use an external, certified translator?
No it is not, just try going back to past threads you will see names like Vivian and Rodriguez who have been translating for applicants in the past.

I used Vivian and she charged me close to N 80,000 in total. All that is left for me is submission now. Fingers crossed

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by obamd: 10:19am On Oct 16, 2017
Sent an email to vivian, she hasn't responded yet.
I need it like today today, cos I have an appointment tomorrow and thrusday

sethmelia002:

No it is not, just try going back to past threads you will see names like Vivian and Rodriguez who have been translating for applicants in the past.

I used Vivian and she charged me close to N 80,000 in total. All that is left for me is submission now. Fingers crossed
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obamd: 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
so much paperwork in 2017.

Those of you who used Rodriguez, how did you pay?
My cards are not linking to paypal.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by deji425: 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2017
Good day....pls i just want to find out if there is a way someone could speed up my student visa application?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obamd: 8:50pm On Oct 18, 2017
Bro, there's no such thing as speed in this application.
when is your program starting?

deji425:
Good day....pls i just want to find out if there is a way someone could speed up my student visa application?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by deji425: 6:30am On Oct 19, 2017
It has started already on monday....i have written to the school to appeal to the embassy on my behalf
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obamd: 2:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
I submitted my application today, and was hoping to do biometrics. The guy just said "you can go"

PLease at what point do you do biometrics?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Djdimeji: 8:09pm On Oct 27, 2017
Felt this can be of help.

***Differences/Similaritiesbetween Schengen Visa and National Visa ******

A Schengen visa (Type C) is a visa issued by one of the member countries of the Schengen Area and is valid for a short stay, limited to 90 days within any 180 days period, only for Schengen countries. European competence to receive and issue such visas is made by the consulate of the country of destination. In case of a trip in multiple Schengen countries, the main destination is determined by the purpose of the trip or duration of the stay. Professional reasons for a stay in a Schengen country outweigh its jurisdiction on the grounds against tourism, family or private visit in another state.

A national long stay visa (Type D) is only valid for an establishment or a stay of more than 90 days in the country which issued the visa. The national visa allows, however, transit through other Schengen countries and for some (long stay French citizen’s spouse, workers, students or visitors), it also allows traveling freely throughout the Schengen area.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obamd: 8:56pm On Oct 27, 2017
Legalizing academic documents takes between 1-3 months
They'll have to verify from your school first.

Try be as prompt as possible
ask1509:
I see this thread is getting dry by the day. Well, let me make my own contribution by describing my adventures with the Spanish consulate here. Hopefully, it will be of help to others and probably resuscitate this thread
I recently got a position in Madrid and I was joyful I finally got a much covete position until I discovered the rigorous process involved in obtaining a visa. My school requires that I legalise my bachelor's degree certificate and transcripts. They said I will have to send that to them first before they'll send documents to me that I will use to apply for the visa. So I actually plan to legalise my certificate and transcript first before I'll now later get the remaining documents (PCC, NPC birth cert, and medicals) and legalize them for the visa application.

I just sent them a mail this night using the email address posted on earlier pages of this thread and I hope I get an appointment soon.

Wish me luck..

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Djdimeji: 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2017
obamd:
so much paperwork in 2017.

Those of you who used Rodriguez, how did you pay?
My cards are not linking to paypal.

Bank transfer
or
acquire a credit card, and use PayPal. (Normal naira debit mastercards ain't gonna work with paypal)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (41) (Reply)

STUDY IN BULGARIA / Being Black In Berlin/germany / Tell Us About The City Where You Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.