Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke (3703 Views)

See A Photo Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Mother Who's Linked To Diezani's Looting / Diezani Alison-madueke’s Neighbours Relieved / Flamboyant Life Style Of Diezani Alison-Madueke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by Nustra(m): 11:12am On Apr 17, 2015
Good day Country people,
As you read this very short post, you will realize that I am neither a politician nor represent one. I am just an every day Nigerian trying to eek out a living online (honestly) like everyone else.
However, I feel the need to voice my thinking in this period of what I call immense confusion and deception among my fellow country men.
in the last few days, the press and everyone around me have been doing all they can to demonize the current minister for Petroleum and OPEC president - Diezani Madueke.
I have heard people say "she has access to Nigeria's crude proceeds and she made away with a large chunk of it" and all sorts of things.
recently, the rhetoric have changed to the sayings like she is proactively trying to run from Buhari's envisaged war on corruption by seeking asylum in six countries.

I, for one, don't know her personal routine, but I do know ridiculousness when I see/hear one;
I think it's ridiculous to believe that a minister will be a sole signatory to a nation's account.
it is even more ridiculous for anyone in their right minds to believe that a sitting minister and president of OPEC will be seeking asylum when her country is not in war.

Obviously there is an attempt to demonize her. Currently, she is the leading symbol of corruption to many Nigerians. and the press is having a field day doing that. I could not imagine how news agencies will carry a story of a Minister seeking asylum without any kind of proof. no one even bothered to mention the names of the countries.
She is the longest serving Minister currently in the country and no one has been able to fault her leadership in any of her ministries.
all I hear is private jets and oil money as if the so-called pastors of the leading churches don't have better and bigger private jets.

Memories are short:

Such act of smearing and demonizing reminds me of what happened in 2009 - 2010.
most Nigerians may have forgotten, but back in 2010, the minister that was at the crosshairs of attacks and press slander was Michael Aondoakaa.
He was called all sorts of names, called the leader of the CABAL that wanted to keep Yar'Adua's corpse in power while they pull the strings. but in actuality, Aondoakaa was doing his job just like any responsible Minister of Justice should. the man was serving his country in a way I have never seen before with so much loyalty.

First:
when the British police issued a warrant of arrest against James Ibori on charges of corruption, he challenged them for meddling in Nigeria's affairs. that is what a Minister of Justice should do - Protect the Sovereignty of his nation.
There are corrupt government officials in the UK, you don't see Nigerian police going to arrest them.

Second:
in 1996 the US drug company Pfizer, carried out human experiment with polio and meningitis drugs in Northern Nigerian that injured, killed and maimed scores of Nigerian kids in Kano and other northern states, they refused to pay compensation to survivors who were not even told they were being experimented on. Aondoakaa was fighting them to pay restitution to the families of the affected.

Now it has come out through wikileaks that Pfizer paid journalist to demonized and discredit Aondoakaa.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2010/dec/09/wikileaks-cables-pfizer-nigeria

people should think about this:
while the man was fighting for justice for Nigerian kids, the press were paid to demonize him, and we all were calling him names, saying all sorts of things against the one person that was fighting for our children to receive justice.

With Regards to Diezeani;
It is my firm believe that international agencies are behind the attempt to smear her.
I also believe this is being done in cahoots with the Nigerian press.

Why?
One word - PIB.
This good woman introduced the Petroleum Industry Bill that will wrestle control of Nigeria's oil and gas industry away from international companies and more into the hands of Nigerians.
that is why she is being demonized.
To be honest, I am concerned about her safety.
Nigerians should know who is on their side and who is not.
the former Minister of Foreign Affairs (Mr. Ashiru) once said some foreign diplomats are sponsoring all sorts of change agents in Nigeria with regards to the gay thingy.
It is my firm believe that they are also behind this herd mentality smearing of our good and hard working people to suit their interests.

Our nation has corruption issues, I agree.
but we do have heroes.
I saw a hero in Michael Aondoakaa,
and I am seeing a hero in Diezani Alison-Madueke.
Please look at the big picture before you come to conclusions.

Nustra,
naijaforextrader . com

3 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 17, 2015
With a trillion naira in subsidy scam ,kero scam this one is already confirmed and people are facing trial and she is ur hero pls add abacha plus dezani as ur heros najia mentality

11 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by themilanway(m): 11:31am On Apr 17, 2015
Too many yaba left patients on Nairaland these days.

Who let this one out?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by TopsyKrete: 11:40am On Apr 17, 2015
Na laff be d last tin i wan dey do as i sidon look

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by goodmorning40: 11:42am On Apr 17, 2015
Make una free this woman small naa, is she the only corrupt leader. Becos she's a woman all the bells will go ringing on her head now, everybody leave her alone please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by garrix8: 11:42am On Apr 17, 2015
OP you are a M O R O N!!!

Obj started work on PIB, not the frog-eyed thief.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by idee91: 11:43am On Apr 17, 2015
hajajai
Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by abduljabbar4(m): 11:47am On Apr 17, 2015
Another fool on the lose. If she is innocent, then why not wait for the courts decision?
Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by jascon1(m): 11:49am On Apr 17, 2015
Oh k.
Abeg if Una help me see that woman way day hawk bitter kola make Una help me call am. I need to buy am for my cousins for Osun state. I no just understand this disease way Dem say e say kill ppl for there
Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by fineguy11(m): 11:50am On Apr 17, 2015
Stupid post.....the same way PDP was blaming everytin blamable for their bad perfomance,,...the summary of wat u just posted is,,BLAME US,UK,FRANCE etc..,for the frog eyed woman renting jets for 10billion naira....

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by Idokosolomon(m): 12:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
She has tried and it is time for her to live that sit and no more any government post again. Let her go and rest.
Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by mikolo80: 2:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
SUGAR MUMMY THINGS
I UNDERSTAND
Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by Nustra(m): 3:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
garrix8:
OP you are a M O R O N!!!

Obj started work on PIB, not the frog-eyed thief.

Thanks for calling me a slowpoke,
but, OBJ did not do anything about PIB. he worked on marginal fields for indigenous companies as well as legalizing bunkering to enable Nigerian companies move crude without the initial cost of laying flowlines.
the PIB is a product of Diezani.
check your sources once more

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by Nustra(m): 3:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
Alikote:
With a trillion naira in subsidy scam ,kero scam this one is already confirmed and people are facing trial and she is ur hero pls add abacha plus dezani as ur heros najia mentality

am glad you said people are facing trials...
has anyone brought ANY charge against her?

Do you have any proof of fraud against her....
intelligent people work with facts not hear-say. are you one of those....
I think not;

All I need is proof of misappropriation, or contract not awarded, or awarded to fake companies in the oil industry.
you don't have any of that.... all you have is them say---- them say.

2 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by Nustra(m): 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
fineguy11:
Stupid post.....the same way PDP was blaming everytin blamable for their bad perfomance,,...the summary of wat u just posted is,,BLAME US,UK,FRANCE etc..,for the frog eyed woman renting jets for 10billion naira....

I never mentioned France, but I am glad you raised it.
people like you don't read anymore that is the problem with our country.
if you have bothered to read Walter Rodney's "How Europe Underdeveloped Africa" ( a very old book)... or Nosipho Majeke's "The role of the Missionary in Conquest"... the post will not sound very stupid to you.

pehaps you can do a simple google search on what it cost to rent a presidential fleet jet to Africa and tell me if N10 billion cuts it in this economy.

FYI, the US, UK France and co don't take nationalizing oil companies lightly.
that is why there is no Saddam Hussein nor Gadhafi in the world today.
but I don't expect ppl of your thinking level to understand that.

however, you opinion is yours

3 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by garrix8: 4:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
Nustra:

but, OBJ did not do anything about PIB. he worked on marginal fields for indigenous companies as well as legalizing bunkering to enable Nigerian companies move crude without the initial cost of laying flowlines.

You know nothing about the PIB so STFU and stop advertising your ignorance. The recommendations of the OGIC - Oil and Gas Implementation Committee set up by OBJ forms the basis of the PIB.

4 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by aariwa(m): 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
Nustra:

I never mentioned France, but I am glad you raised it.
people like you don't read anymore that is the problem with our country.
if you have bothered to read Walter Rodney's "How Europe Underdeveloped Africa" ( a very old book)... or Nosipho Majeke's "The role of the Missionary in Conquest"... the post will not sound very stupid to you.

pehaps you can do a simple google search on what it cost to rent a presidential fleet jet to Africa and tell me if N10 billion cuts it in this economy.

FYI, the US, UK France and co don't take nationalizing oil companies lightly.
that is why there is no Saddam Hussein nor Gadhafi in the world today.
but I don't expect ppl of your thinking level to understand that.

however, you opinion is yours
are you talking of the Nigerian oil that the U.S have stopped buying or what?

2 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by Change2015(m): 5:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
People who think like this are part of the Nigerian problem!

#change
#GMB
#APC
#oneNigeria

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by Nustra(m): 9:38am On Apr 19, 2015
garrix8:

You know nothing about the PIB so STFU and stop advertising your ignorance. The recommendations of the OGIC - Oil and Gas Implementation Committee set up by OBJ forms the basis of the PIB.

I actually have a university degree in engineering and have worked for years in the oil industry so I know a little more than nothing.
however, I appreciate that you have changed from saying OBJ formed the PIB to "was the basis of the PIB"
but I have to tell you that the PIB is ... and only.. Diezani's work.
it builds on other things for sure,
but it originated from her
and it's the reason she is under the crosshairs....
and ppl like you are coaxed into criticizing something you know nothing about without knowing who pulls the strings.

Look at the story of Aondoakaa and tell me if its different from what Diezani is going through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by Nustra(m): 9:42am On Apr 19, 2015
aariwa:
are you talking of the Nigerian oil that the U.S have stopped buying or what?

the US does not need to buy oil from Nigeria...
They need Nigeria's inputs to stabilize the global oil price which has a direct effect on the dollar.

as a currency trader, I can tell you global oil price has a direct relationship with the US dollar (like gold has on the Aussie).

FYI,
the US still buys Nigeria's liquefied gas.
Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by garrix8: 11:40am On Apr 19, 2015
Nustra:

I actually have a university degree in engineering and have worked for years in the oil industry so I know a little more than nothing.
however, I appreciate that you have changed from saying OBJ formed the PIB to "was the basis of the PIB"
but I have to tell you that the PIB is ... and only.. Diezani's work.
it builds on other things for sure,
but it originated from her
and it's the reason she is under the crosshairs....
and ppl like you are coaxed into criticizing something you know nothing about without knowing who pulls the strings.

Look at the story of Aondoakaa and tell me if its different from what Diezani is going through.

1. My friend if truly you have a degree in Engineering, then you're a disgrace to your institution and your profession.

2. Diezani was appointed in 2010 as Petroleum Minister.

3. PIB was first presented to the Senate in 2009.

4. Between Dec 2008 and March 2010, Rilwanu Lukman was Petroleum Minister.

5. Kindly explain how PIB is Diezani's brainchild when she was nowhere near the Petroleum Ministry at the time.

Once again you dishonor your profession and the institution that gave you a degree in Engineering. You are no better than the woman selling pepper at Ozuoba market whose only source of info is hearsay.

Worship the frog-eyed thief as much as you want, but stop re-writing history and twisting facts in the process.

Check the following links to cure ur acute ignorance if you so wish.

http://www.neiti.org.ng/index.php?q=publications/neiti-and-petroleum-industry-bill

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/08/the-proposed-petroleum-industry-bill-pib-some-matters-arising/

http://leadership.ng/business/384888/petroleum-industry-bill-issues-delaying-passage-1

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rilwanu_Lukman

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diezani_Allison-Madueke

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by PapiWata: 11:44am On Apr 19, 2015
[size=14pt]Arrest and JAIL Maduaeke the UGLY Frog Eye Kleptomaniac Woman NOW, and seize all her stolen money![/size]
Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by Sweetguy25: 11:51am On Apr 19, 2015
The awesome thing is that at the end of the day, the beautiful woman will still enjoy her life. Buhari and you APC apologists ain't got nothing on her. All the false accusations would remain what they are - False Accusations. She has nothing to hide.
Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by garrix8: 11:52am On Apr 19, 2015
@Nustra

Can you give a historical background into the PIB?

Recently, I presented an overview of the current
reforms in the Nigerian oil and gas sector which started 14 years ago, specifically on April 24th 2000 with the inauguration of OGIC by the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo. That OGIC committee submitted the Draft National Oil & Gas Policy in 2004. The Draft National Oil and Gas policy was approved by the administration of the Late President Yar
Adua, who also re-inaugurated the OGIC on
September 2007. The OGIC submitted their
report and it was approved in 2008, leading to the forwarding by the Yar Adua administration, the 2009 Petroleum industry Bill (PIB).

http://m.nationalmirroronline.net/article/pib--nigeria-cannot-afford-the-luxury-of-further-delay--onuegbu/?category-id=2&page=12&article-id=22671

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 19, 2015
That woman have a lot of answers to give when the new government comes onboard....
Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by Gbawe: 12:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nustra:

You are clearly ignorant, clannish and probably an ethic jingoist unable to ever give credit to others where due. The origin of the PIB has nothing, nada, to do with Allison-Madueke and predates her appointment as a the Petroleum Minister in GEJ's cabinet. Note the PIB was originally introduced in 2008 well before Allion-Madueke became Petroleum Minister. Rilwanu Lukman, from the Northern region your ilk love to hate and discredit, is one of the main brains behind the PIB while Allison-Madueke was still looking for relevance. It is not the fault of anyone if you think all 'abokis' are gatemen and cattle-rearers incapable of the sort of intellectual capacity to birth the PIB you now want to steal for Allison-Madueke because. Your default reasoning that all 'abokis' are stupid and "only my ethnic group can think effectively" does not cancel the factual reality the The PIB has nothing to do with Allison-Madueke. Period. Rilwanu Lukman, a Northerner, and as difficult as that is to accept for you, did the sterling work to produce the original PIB.

You guys should really try and let go of the sentiments and prejudice that leads you to claim all that is good and developmental about Nigeria is from your household in your Village, and entirely about your kinsmen, while you totally and shamelessly ignore the historic input of others from the North and SW. I don't see a bright future for you guys when you remain about sentiments , to the point of engaging in dishonest revisionism, in place of seeing what matters.

http://www.hoganlovellsafrica.com/_uploads/Publications/Africa_September_2012_newsletter_-_Nigerian_Petroleum_Industry_Bill.pdf

Overview of the Nigerian Petroleum Industry Bill
The Petroleum Industry Bill (the “PIB” or the “Bill”) is perhaps the most talked about
piece of legislation in Nigeria given the far reaching reforms which it proposes to an
industry which is the single most significant contributor to the national economy.
Originally introduced in December 2008, the bill has undergone numerous revisions
and has been the subject of intense debate.

On 18 July 2012 President Goodluck Jonathan presented a new version of the PIB to
the seventh session of the National Assembly for consideration and enactment.
This article considers the history of the Bill and provides an overview of its salient
provisions.

THE EVOLUTION OF THE CURRENT VERSION OF THE BILL
In an attempt to restructure the oil and gas industry, the Oil and Gas Sector Reform
Implementation Committee (OGIC) was inaugurated on 24 April 2000 under the
chairmanship of Dr. Rilwanu Lukman (then serving as the Presidential Adviser on
Petroleum and Energy). The OGIC was charged with the task of making
recommendations for a far reaching restructuring of Nigeria’s oil and gas industry. The
recommendations of OGIC included a proposal to separate the commercial institutions
within the industry from the regulatory institutions.

In 2007, the Federal Government of Nigeria introduced the National Oil and Gas Policy
and re-constituted OGIC to make recommendations towards the emergence of a new
institutional framework to govern the operations of the oil and gas industry, including
the emergence of a new National Oil Company, new regulatory bodies and a new
national directorate, for a more effective policy formulation for the industry.
Further deliberations of OGIC produced the Lukman Report of 2008 which
recommended a new regulatory and institutional framework that, when implemented,
would guarantee greater transparency and accountability.
[size=16pt]This report formed the basis
for the first PIB that was submitted in 2008 as an Executive Bill.
[/size]
Among the salient features of the original version of the PIB were the:
 unbundling and commercialization of the Nigerian National Petroleum
Corporation (NNPC);
 transformation of the existing joint ventures between multinational oil
companies and the NNPC;
 deregulation of the downstream sector;
 creation of new regulatory bodies; and
 introduction of a new fiscal regime that sought to increase overall government
take.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diezani_Alison-Madueke

Federal cabinet positions[edit]
Diezani Alison-Madueke has held three significant positions in the Nigerian federal government. She was appointed Transport Minister in July 2007. On 23 December 2008, she was named as Minister of Mines and Steel Development.[6] After Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan became acting President in February 2010, he dissolved the cabinet on 17 March 2010, and swore in a new cabinet on 6 April 2010 with Alison-Madueke as Minister for Petroleum Resources.[7]

5 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by kosovo(m): 12:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
Same way some id-iots would be insulting NOI. People who can't even manage their homes.

I don't worry about Nigeria problems. The leaders know most Nigerians are gullible at best. That's why they mortgaged their future on an irresponsible old man to be their change agent.

Anyone who takes freedom from other persons is useless and irresponsible. I do not care if he was a military ruler or not. It's like saying the Leader of North Korea should come and democratically rule them in 49 years time. What nonsense!

Of course, only in Nigeria do we have people who don't read books. They spend all their lives on Nairaland and Facebook looking for who to devour with comments. Then, they become 40 and start to blame government because they can't take care of their 6 children. Like it was government that impregnated their wives. When people have no work, can't think, and can't read, they suffer from mental torture and become slaves to politicians, who take their wives and daughters and sleep with them in a 5-star hotel.

May Lord Lugard be cursed!
Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by garrix8: 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
Gbawe:

You are clearly ignorant, clannish and probably an ethic jingoist unable to ever give credit to others where due. The origin of the PIB has nothing, nada, to do with Allison-Madueke and predates her appointment as a member of GEJ's cabinet. Note the PIB was originally introduced in 2008 well before Allion-Madueke became Petroleum Minister. Rilwanu Lukman, from the Northern region your ilk love to hate and discredit, is one of the main brains behind the PIB while Allison-Madueke was still looking for relevance.

You guys should really try and let go of the sentiments and prejudice that leads you to claim all that is good and developmental about Nigeria is from your household in your Village, and entirely about your kinsmen, while you totally and shamelessly ignore the historic input of others from the North and SW. I don't see a bright future for you guys when you remain about sentiments , to the point of engaging in dishonest revisionism, in place of seeing what matters.

http://www.hoganlovellsafrica.com/_uploads/Publications/Africa_September_2012_newsletter_-_Nigerian_Petroleum_Industry_Bill.pdf

It's very frustrating talking to these clannish dolts sometimes. The guy claims to work in the Oil and gas industry but has been displaying nothing but crass ignorance on this thread.
Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by Gbawe: 12:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
garrix8:

It's very frustrating talking to these clannish dolts sometimes. The guy claims to work in the Oil and gas industry but has been displaying nothing but crass ignorance on this thread.

Bruv, they all claim to be this and that but their posts always disgrace them as liars. Who knows whether he is the gateman to a junior appointee of the special advisor of someone remotely connected to the Nigerian sector now claiming to "work" in oil and gas. His utterance show the sort of ignorance no genuine and knowledgeable Nigeria oil and gas player would display.

In fact the reality is that GEJ and Allison-Madueke, using the 'plodder' Senate President called David Mark, are the main elements who ensured the PDP never saw the light of day. It is a carefully contrived scam by SS thieves like GEJ, Orubebe, Allison-Madueke et al.

I.e the clever ruse, because they are in charge and expected to deliver for the ND, to present the "parasitic" North as those preventing the passage of the PIB while they do everything in the background to ensure the bill is never passed so that they, and all their fellow crooks from all corners of Nigeria to include the North and SW, continue to steal Nigeria blind.

6 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
from tanoids to diezoids
Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by Nustra(m): 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
garrix8:

1. My friend if truly you have a degree in Engineering, then you're a disgrace to your institution and your profession.

2. Diezani was appointed in 2010 as Petroleum Minister.

3. PIB was first presented to the Senate in 2009.

4. Between Dec 2008 and March 2010, Rilwanu Lukman was Petroleum Minister.

5. Kindly explain how PIB is Diezani's brainchild when she was nowhere near the Petroleum Ministry at the time.

Once again you dishonor your profession and the institution that gave you a degree in Engineering. You are no better than the woman selling pepper at Ozuoba market whose only source of info is hearsay.

Worship the frog-eyed thief as much as you want, but stop re-writing history and twisting facts in the process.

Check the following links to cure ur acute ignorance if you so wish.

http://www.neiti.org.ng/index.php?q=publications/neiti-and-petroleum-industry-bill

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/08/the-proposed-petroleum-industry-bill-pib-some-matters-arising/

http://leadership.ng/business/384888/petroleum-industry-bill-issues-delaying-passage-1

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rilwanu_Lukman

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diezani_Allison-Madueke

Thanks for your remarks about my education.
I do not have the habit of speaking maliciously about people even on the internet .... So,i will not.

Actually, the PIB was submitted to the National Assembly in the summer of 2012.
a simple google search would have helped you avoid such a simple error.
I admit they have been clamoring of PIB-related talks on over-hauling the NNPC for some time now. but no one had the galls to do something about it until Diezani came along.

You can insult me all you want,
all I ask is you keep an open mind and look at the big picture.

Also, it's easy to call someone a thief. but you don't have a scintilla of her academic qualifications (nor anyone you know for that matter).

if you have friends or relatives that work in NNPC, ask them how improved that place is now as an organization....
I actually served in one NNPC facility, and in those days, top managers only come to work 2-3 days in a week. nothing was being done as regards technical lines.
now, it's very different. the system has improved and much more efficient under Diezani.
it's no longer business as usual.
IOC are now required to account for every penny spent on capital projects.
and the agreements (PSCs & JVs) signed previously on deepwater acreages that literally robs Nigeria is being revised to benefit the nation.

Things like these are what intellectual Nigerians should be looking at ... not hear-says.

Lukeman, Obaseki..... all those guys did nothing to improve the lot of the company that brings the bucks to the nations' coffers...
there was fuel scarcity every other month under their control.
well..... in all truth, Obaseki did better (IMO) than Lukeman
Re: In Defence Of Diezani Alison-madueke by Nustra(m): 2:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
Gbawe:

You are clearly ignorant, clannish and probably an ethic jingoist unable to ever give credit to others where due. The origin of the PIB has nothing, nada, to do with Allison-Madueke and predates her appointment as a the Petroleum Minister in GEJ's cabinet. Note the PIB was originally introduced in 2008 well before Allion-Madueke became Petroleum Minister. Rilwanu Lukman, from the Northern region your ilk love to hate and discredit, is one of the main brains behind the PIB while Allison-Madueke was still looking for relevance. It is not the fault of anyone if you think all 'abokis' are gatemen and cattle-rearers incapable of the sort of intellectual capacity to birth the PIB you now want to steal for Allison-Madueke because. Your default reasoning that all 'abokis' are stupid and "only my ethnic group can think effectively" does not cancel the factual reality the The PIB has nothing to do with Allison-Madueke. Period. Rilwanu Lukman, a Northerner, and as difficult as that is to accept for you, did the sterling work to produce the original PIB.

You are doing a good job of trying to make this a tribal issue...
its a good thing no one else has a bigoted perspective to this discourse, so you might want to take another direction.

if you have bothered to read the first post, I was actually talking in defence of children in the North that were damaged by foreign products, and my hero (Aondoakaa - from the middle belt) was someone who fight them.

you are also wrong about the assumptions on northerners being illiterate, only the illiterate hold such assumptions.
in present day Nigeria, people are assessed based on individual capacities. the north is a big place with lots of people and diversity... ofcourse there will be variations in intellect cutting across the locals.

I for one, has had gr8 friends and teachers of northern origin...

but ... your opinion is yours as always.

Pls note that the current version of the PIB which revised the PSCs and JV agreements with IOCs was submitted to the National Assembly on 18th July 2012.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How America And Allies Plan To Remove Buhari / Saraki Is A Traitor / Obama: United State Regret Removing Moammar Gadhafi Of Libya-CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.