Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,546 members, 7,801,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There (3049 Views)

We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director / What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State / For Muslims : Does Muslims Believe In Miracles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by mmsen: 11:35am On Apr 17, 2015
Then why do their threads wind up on the front page - thus advertising their discussions to the world?

If they seek open discussion then they should move their threads to a place where it can be openly discussed.

5 Likes

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Rilwayne001: 11:40am On Apr 17, 2015
No one stops you from commenting on those threads.
Why crying here?

4 Likes

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by mmsen: 11:47am On Apr 17, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Why crying here?

Why should we not discuss on a discussion forum?

This is a point I will keep asking about it until someone gives a logical, reasonable answer.

If you want your own board/section then keep it private so that only those that subscribe to it can comment.

Do not advertise it as open to all then have people find out otherwise - that is dishonest.

I do not believe in this creed:

"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

In order to comment on a topic that pertains to us all as human beings I have to accept a religious creed? Looks almost like forced online conversion.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Rilwayne001: 11:54am On Apr 17, 2015
mmsen:

This is a point I will keep asking about until someone gives a logical, reasonable answer.

Okay, goodluck in your search.

3 Likes

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Redoil: 11:59am On Apr 17, 2015
I can see that forcing people to convert by sword terrorism and jihad is been frown upon so converting people by trick is now the best part of the game.

2 Likes

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by kay1one2(m): 12:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
Cursed religion of stagnation and impoverishment!

1 Like

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by braine(m): 12:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
Who knows, they may be planning a jihad or BokoHaram recruitment in that section and we wouldn't know. Who wants to comment on their topics anyway.

1 Like

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 17, 2015
and the progressive nigerian christians, in their grandeur of sophistication, education and nollywooding, they can not use the same oil resources that was already in full production since the 1960s, could not get the nation to be anything even near a visit. yet dubai that clearly from the backward 'islam' as the one ^ just wrote is a 'falling over one another' destination including it now being a business hub, 'free zone' designation, beautiful building, clean street, etc and pretty engineering and wonderful recreation, a paradise on earth which is completely inferior to what the arabs read is in Quran.

all the nigerian elites rush to dubai. it is now rivaling usa as a destination.

how intelligent is the person criticizing and cursing the shoulders that fostered the progress of dubai?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by mmsen: 1:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
RoyPCain:
and the progressive nigerian christians, in their grandeur of sophistication, education and nollywooding, they can not use the same oil resources that was already in full production since the 1960s, could not get the nation to be anything even near a visit. yet dubai that clearly from the backward 'islam' as the one ^ just wrote is a 'falling over one another' destination including it now being a business hub, 'free zone' designation, beautiful building, clean street, etc and pretty engineering and wonderful recreation, a paradise on earth which is completely inferior to what the arabs read is in Quran.

how intelligent is the person criticizing and cursing the shoulders that fostered the progress of dubai?

Who has been in control of Nigeria's government for the majority of Nigeria's time as an independent nation? The same people with the least progressive policies. It's not that they are Muslims that makes them backwards (although religion does not help) it is because they allow themselves to be handicapped by their religion and their 'culture'.

Whether you like it or not the southern states of Nigeria are in much better shape than any of the northern states. Kano is an ancient trading city that should rival Lagos for prosperity - the reality is that it isn't even close. Trade thrives in open societies, when people have a free exchange of ideas is where progress is made. The worst state in Yorubaland is comfortably Kwara. Why is that?

Was it Islam that gave us the technology to extract oil from the desert or was that the result of scientific investigation? Was it Islam that gave us modern architecture? Did Islam give us modern transport and the power of electricity so that we have so much need for oil, thus giving it its value?

To use the Emirates as an example of prosperity is to use an anomaly. Emiratis are not the ones driving their economy in any case. What of Pakistan? Yemen? Niger? Mauritania? Bangladesh? Somalia? And the many other Muslim majority nations that exist in a state of poverty and chaos.

The major war zones of today are where? Syria; Iraq; Yemen.

Violent insurgency in Libya, Somali, Syria, Iraq, northern Nigeria.

Only a foolish person would make the claim that religion and progress are mates. Religion is the opposite of knowledge and the enemy of human development.

The fact that you have turned the issue of development into a war of religions informs me that you have no understanding of what helps and what hinders humanity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
^you made my case for me. if there is no correlation between religion and societal progress, the christians are much more wrong than me because they are the master in this smear and i just intentionally used it to bring senses back into your conscience.

if you are sincere, i wonder why you have asked who were leaders of nigeria. the leader of nigeria that i knew in my days were mostly christians; tafawa balewa, ironsi, gowon, murtala, obasanjo. almost all the finance ministers were christians. people were tired of goodluck and iweala [both christians]. in your insincerity, you turned to libya, etc to support your correlation of religion and nation, yet you said we shouldn't go this way. you by yourself, you turned this way and that way showing us that you are not a sincere person about what you are proposing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by mmsen: 1:56pm On Apr 17, 2015
RoyPCain:
^you made my case for me. if there is no correlation between religion and societal progress, the christians are much more wrong than me because they are the master in this smear and i just intentionally used it to bring senses back into your conscience.

if you are sincere, i wonder why you have asked who were leaders of nigeria. the leader of nigeria that i knew in my days were mostly christians; tafawa balewa, ironsi, gowon, murtala, obasanjo. almost all the finance ministers were christians. people were tired of goodluck and iweala [both christians]. in your insincerity, you turned to libya, etc to support your correlation of religion and nation, yet you said we shouldn't go this way. you by yourself, you turned this way and that way showing us that you are not a sincere person about what you are proposing.

My point was to negate a false claim by way of giving evidence.

You used Dubai as example - Dubai's prosperity has nothing to do with Islam.

Most Islamic societies are much poorer than those that embrace openness and reason. For example, India is a pluralistic society with many a problem but compared to Pakistan it is paradise. India stands on its own while Pakistan is dependent upon aid from the kufr, much like Egypt, Afghanistan and a host of other Muslim majority nations.

Nigeria is more prosperous now than it has been in 40 years. People were tired of NOI and her policies because of their ignorance of economics - again I use her as an example because you broached the issue.

P.S.
Balewa was a Muslim. As was Murtala Mohammed. Please do not lie.

For most of its history Nigeria has been governed by northern Muslims.

Facts, not sentiment.

3 Likes

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by macof(m): 2:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
RoyPCain:

This guy is a glorified liar. The same way ur Mohammed taught u lying for Allah as one of the pillars of Islam

Tafewa Balewa, Murtala Mohammed are muslims that much everybody knows

6 Likes

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by macof(m): 3:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Why crying here?

Obviously the mods of that section stops others from commenting due to the absurd creed they expect others to swear to
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by macof(m): 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
Islam we know isn't a liberal religion but one of force and violence. jihad is it's way so compelling people to stop commenting in the section is only a tip of the evil that is Islam

6 Likes

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by udatso: 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
Mail the mods. Creating this thread here won't help your course. Even though this issue has been addressed countless time, you guys keep bringing it up

1 Like

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
@macof; is mostly the same as all? mostly christians, does not mean 'all christians'.
SubhannaAllah.

2 Likes

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by mmsen: 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
RoyPCain:
@macof; is mostly the same as all? mostly christians, does not mean 'all christians'.
SubhannaAllah.

It's still a lie.

Abacha, Babangida, Buhari, Shagari, Balewa.

So much failure amongst that list.

Five Muslims, not a progressive leader amongst them.

Two of them are the worst leaders that Nigeria has ever had, with one of them being one of the most corrupt leaders of all time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2015
my time, i said. where is the ability to reason here?
tell me a nigerian presidency that is successful and compared to what?
sometimes i wonder where the money spent to educate many people went.

nigeria got the leadership she deserved.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by mmsen: 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
RoyPCain:
my time, i said. where is the ability to reason here?
tell me a nigerian presidency that is successful and compared to what?
sometimes i wonder where the money spent to educate many people went.

nigeria got the leadership she deserved.

Compared to Abacha and Babangida, Jonathan and Obasanjo were excellent.

Azikiwe was a good leader by any measure, likewise Awolowo.

We've had a few progressive governors in the south of late, at least since the military stepped aside.

Duke, Fashola, Akpabio.

Again, none was handicapped by Islam. All have been able to put practical needs first.

Can those that have to work under the constraints of Sharia and Islam do likewise?

Religion inspired ignorance is why Nigeria's population is doubling every 25 years; why child-marriage and fistula are a problem in the north; why polio is a problem in the north; why there are so many children out of school in the north and why Nigeria has an Islamic terrorist problem.

2 Likes

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Maamin(m): 6:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
Instead of addressing the issue at hand someone here was comfortably lying in the face of truth calling Murtala Muhammed that got shot on his way coming back from Jumat mosque a Christian even Tafawa.

I smell lies, lies...liesssss

5 Likes

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
i literally just came back from Jumu'ah now. evidently to most people now almost is all!
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
RoyPCain:
i literally just came back from Jumu'ah now. evidently to most people now almost is all!

Simply go and study how to use semicolons and stop blaming people for correctly interpreting what you've written

1 Like

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by malvisguy212: 9:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
udatso:
Mail the mods. Creating this thread here won't help your course. Even though this issue has been addressed countless time, you guys keep bringing it up
according to muslims, is there any issue that have not been adress?ask a question abou the quran and the answer you will get is " this issue has been adress" All issue has been adress!!! Today issue or tomorrow issue has been adress.

What the need of transferring thread in the Islamic section were no one will view it or reply it? Among All the forum I've seen, nairaland is the most bias of them all.

1 Like

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by udatso: 9:46pm On Apr 17, 2015
malvisguy212:
according to muslims, is there any issue that have not been adress?ask a question abou the quran and the answer you will get is " this issue has been adress" All issue has been adress!!! Today issue or tomorrow issue has been adress.

What the need of transferring thread in the Islamic section were no one will view it or reply it? Among All the forum I've seen, nairaland is the most bias of them all.
Eh ya. Sorry eh. I can feel the sadness in your voice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by malvisguy212: 9:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
udatso:

Eh ya. Sorry eh. I can feel the sadness in your voice
okay.
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Ifeann(f): 10:31pm On Apr 17, 2015
RoyPCain:

U forgot to mention that Dubai, Qatar etc partnered with hundreds of "kaffir" US, UK and other westerned companies to develop their Emirates. U also forget to mention foreigners practically run those Emirates in the private sector and out number the indigenous Muslims 10 to 1.
You also forget the Emirates don't tale Islam serious and are far more secular than typical muslim countries including the very secular turkey.

U also forget the typical muslim country are the likes of Yemen, Iraq, Somalia, Libya, Iran, Egypt, Syria, north Sudan which are all a mess thanks to totalitarianism Islam's political ideology. Let's not forget the several defunct Islamic caliphates now extinct.

Lol the Muslims dilemma

6 Likes

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Ifeann(f): 10:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
RoyPCain:

Olubowole can u make sense just for once.
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
^ whats wrong with you calling me what is not me? you and those that have this impression have something wrong.
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by tola9ja: 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
mmsen:

Why should we not discuss on a discussion forum?

This is a point I will keep asking about it until someone gives a logical, reasonable answer.

If you want your own board/section then keep it private so that only those that subscribe to it can comment.

Do not advertise it as open to all then have people find out otherwise - that is dishonest.

I do not believe in this creed:

"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

In order to comment on a topic that pertains to us all as human beings I have to accept a religious creed? Looks almost like forced online conversion.

2 Likes

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by tola9ja: 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
kay1one2:
Cursed religion of stagnation and impoverishment!

[size=18pt]Matthew 23:17 You blind fools[/size]

1 Like

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Empiree: 12:33am On Apr 18, 2015
macof:

Obviously the mods of that section stops others from commenting due to the absurd creed they expect others to swear to
Actually, the more you species bring this stuff up, the more I support MODs in Islamic section. I silently criticized them at some point, especially for banning views that do not compatible with his (mac). Myself was banned several times for unpopular views.

MODs do not ban non-muslims from commenting in Islam section. Their concern, which I have finally concurred with is that non-muslims, Christians especially, the so called God-loving, christ-like folks blaspheme in islam section a lot. Not only that, what they did that put me off was when bunch of them posted po'rn'ograpy (pictures). Even at that time (just last year), there was no WRITTEN DECLARATION at the 'gate'. Anyone could come in. Christians and atheists posted nasty pictures and distorted message of Islam. I witnessed this. MOD had to hide those pictures.

Now, I know macof can care less because, it is "free world" in your perspective. That's you unfortunately. But us (muslims), we are conscious of our religion ISLAM.

So no one is stopping you from commenting or opening threads in Islam section; provided, you watch it. Quran speaks (3:110)

You(muslims) are the best community ever been raised up for mankind. You enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency; and you believe in Allah. And if the People of the Scripture had believed it had been better for them. Some of them are believers; but most of them are evil-livers.

No christian condemned those posts. Question is, should MODS not do something about it?. Just imagine those inappropriate pictures are still there today.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by mmsen: 1:00am On Apr 18, 2015
Empiree:
Actually, the more you species bring this stuff up, the more I support MODs in Islamic section. I silently criticized them at some point, especially for banning views that do not compatible with his (mac). Myself was banned several times for unpopular views.

MODs do not ban non-muslims from commenting in Islam section. Their concern, which I have finally concurred with is that non-muslims, Christians especially, the so called God-loving, christ-like folks blaspheme in islam section a lot. Not only that, what they did that put me off was when bunch of them posted po'rn'ograpy (pictures). Even at that time (just last year), there was no WRITTEN DECLARATION at the 'gate'. Anyone could come in. Christians and atheists posted nasty pictures and distorted message of Islam. I witnessed this. MOD had to hide those pictures.

Now, I know macof can care less because, it is "free world" in your perspective. That's you unfortunate. But us (muslims), we are conscious of our religion ISLAM.

So no one is stopping you from commenting or opening threads in Islam section; provided, you watch it. Quran speaks (3:110)

You(muslims) are the best community ever been raised up for mankind. You enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency; and you believe in Allah. And if the People of the Scripture had believed it had been better for them. Some of them are believers; but most of them are evil-livers.

No christian condemned those posts. Question is, should MODS not do something about it?. Just imagine those inappropriate pictures are still there today.

If people are posting indecent images then they should banned, that should happen across nairaland.

I was not aware that the Muslim board was being targeted for abuse in that manner.

My issue is not that they have their board but moreso that their topics are advertised as if they are open for all, only to find out that the user is expected to accept a creed that many do not agree with.

Either remove the creed and ban those who break the general rules of nairaland or stop the publication of Muslim board topics on the front page.

I don't go to the Muslim board but I do view the front page, I'm sure that is the case for many people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Sustain The Abiding Presence Of God In Your Life / What Was The Sin Of Jericho? (fulani Herdsmen Vs Children Of Israel) / Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.