Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair (6130 Views)

My Affair With The Neighbour (A Short Romantic Story) / A Dangerous Love Affair. / Get This Free Ebook: Entangled Affair, Directly In Your Mail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:24am On Apr 22, 2015
thronekid:
You're doing a very good job, bro. I'm liking this.
You should complete ghost and shadows, though.
Thank you sire... But Ghosts and Shadows wasn't and is still not mine. Hope you have fun here though.
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:35am On Apr 22, 2015
Let's slow down for a while.....

Just in case you are trying to figure out this story, DON'T. You won't come close.

How would you feel if you lose someone you thought you had? And the person you thought you knew turns out to be not what you had wished for?

Watch out for the next two chapters as scary secrets unfolds and a new monster is unshackled.
You won't believe who just died.

Everyone has a demon. Don't just go about looking for it.
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by labaski(f): 12:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
theorbiters:

Just in case you are trying to figure out this story, DON'T. You won't come close.

How would you feel if you lose someone you thought you had? And the person you thought you knew turns out to be not what you had wished for?

Watch out for the next two chapters as scary secrets unfolds and a new monster is unshackled.

. honestly I am yet to understand d story but I hope I understand soon sha.. its cool dou.. weldone
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Babe2sure(f): 12:43pm On Apr 22, 2015
theorbiters:

Thank you ma for your support... Means a lot..
Hope you have fun reading...

You are welcome.
Yeah, I did. smiley
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 1:25pm On Apr 22, 2015
labaski:
. honestly I am yet to understand d story but I hope I understand soon sha.. its cool dou.. weldone
Lol...that's the idea..
But stick around, we would have a clear sky soon...
Thank you for your encouragement
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
theorbiters:

I really love this
As for the criticisms,I don't have any yet
But I won't hesistate to give one,when the time comes
I love the uniqueness in your story.
Btw,you and simplicity,has the same way of writing.
#just saying.
Last bullet-->IT'S IN YOU!!!
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:29am On Apr 24, 2015
EPISODE 4.
All In A Circle.
04:26:12pm.
Somewhere On The Island.

The mild evening sun rays danced lazily into the spacious office, revealing the stack of wealth it horde from the outside world.
Mr. Stone sat in his office across the big table as he wandered away in his thoughts. If he had learnt anything over the years ever since he began this journey, it was that perhaps, even the gods were not on his side. Nothing had ever gone right.

He had just ended a conversation with his son on the phone and from the look of things, everything was a disaster.
He needed to find a way to fight back. All he needed was a mistake from his opponent and a stroke of luck on his side

His phone vibrated on the table, bringing him back from his journey. It was a text from his wife.
He loved her so much but this war he had started had found away to create a vacuum in his family. He wished he could fix it, at least be grateful for her saving him when he thought he had lost everything. Truth was, he was on the brink of death when she walked into the hospital.
Like an angel clothed in white, she had come to rescue him. Her face was the last face he saw before he went into a two weeks comatose. And as fate would have it, her face was the first thing he saw when he finally opened his eyes.

They got to know each other but he had to hide some information from her about his past. He was scared of losing her.
They had couple of dates, dinners, walkouts, movies and all romantic stuff he could conjure then and she became the sweetest thing he had ever known, aside from his past.
She had helped him get a lucrative job with the government at the time oil exploration began newly in the country and he felt he had no other choice than to make a marriage proposal to her. He felt complete.

Everything had been going on well and he had totally forgotten his promise to raise hell, not until he got an information about someone that had wronged him and ever since then, chaos and destruction had been his shadow.
He knew he had failed her when he came home one night to meet her crying her eyes out. He felt sorry for her but he knew he would remain demented until he had finally succeeded. So far, he had failed.

His desk phone rang, jerking him out of his thoughts.
"Yea, what is it?

"Sir." His secretary answered. "Someone is here to see you."

"But I thought I said I don't want to be disturbed?"

"Sir, I think you are gonna want to see this person."

"And who is he?"

"Sir, it's Mr. Hills."

"Bloody angels." He cursed.

Both men stood, starring at each other's eyeballs. The only thing separating them was the big table in between them as both men clenched their fits, barred their teeth and breathed hot air from their nostrils. Time had cease to exist in their world.

"Sam. What are you doing here?" Mr. Stone queried.

"Nice to see you too, Clark." Mr. Hills responded. "How long has it been since we last saw? 21 or 22 years ago?" He asked as he took his seat.

Clark was visibly irritated. "What do you want, you Judas?"

"Hey Clark, you were the one who betrayed me. Stop acting like the victim." Sam fired back. "Besides, you were the one who started this war but now, it looks like I own the game."

Clark starred at him with fury. He wasn't going to be humiliated in his own office.
"Just wait and see what I have in mind for you."

"Oh I doubt that." Sam aired with confidence. "I am going to rip you apart and take everything you hold dear till you beg to die.
"Clark, you shouldn't have done what you did. You just shouldn't have. But don't worry, I will clean up this mess you created."

Clark Stone stood rooted to the ground as he watch Sam Hills take his leave. He was confused about what Sam meant by he shouldn't done what he did, still he had to find a way to protect what he hold dear.
He had to get home to his wife.

The moon was bright and full as children danced under the moon's beam. Traders were closing up their stalls as cars drove by, blaring their horns loudly without looking sideways. Clark raced till he got to his house.

He highlighted from his car and ran into the building like a man set aflame, wishing everything was alright. He muttered some words as he ran.

"Sweetheart. Sweetheart." He called as he barged into the sitting room. "Sweetheart, are you okay?"

Mrs. Elizabeth Stone stood with tears in her eyes as she looked sadly at his face.
She knew she loved him so much but she couldn't bear the pains any longer. She wished he would go back to be the same man she married over 20years ago.

"Sweetheart, are you okay?" He called to her again.

She pointed to the table at the centre of the room as some documents laid open.
Clark looked at the documents and sunk to the chair when he realised what it was.

Sam drove through the silent street as the moon tailed behind him. He felt a bit relieved as he succeeded in putting fear in the mind of his former friend. He just wished his son would have some good news when he called.
He picked up his phone and dialled his number.

"Hey kiddo."

"Dad, I'm not a kid, okay?" The voice retorted.

"Whatever boy. Tell me, have you found him?"

"Not yet sir. I really have doubts about this. I really don't think he is here."

"Thinking is not your concern. Yours is to do what you are told to do. Now shut up and get to work. I will send you some information soon."
He terminated the call.

He needed to find a final blow to give his opponent. He just wished luck was on his side.

"Who is Sam Hills?" Mrs. Elizabeth asked as Clark sat on the chair starring blankly at the documents. He wished things wouldn't have to turn out like this.

"Who is Sam Hills?" She asked again.

"Sweetheart, please calm down." He pleaded. No matter how hot headed he was, he was not ready to lose his wife.

"I am calm. I am calm." She said repeatedly. "So do you care to explain the meaning of all these documents and photos and who the hell is Sam Hills? Is he the same man you claim is your rival?"

Clark took a deep breathe. "I and Sam were friends while we were younger. We were like brothers and we never let each other down.
"We did almost everything together and problems started when we realised we both wanted the same thing."

"What thing?" She interrupted.

Clark just starred at her in silence but she understood what that meant.

"Oh my friggin heavens. You both were after the same woman. I have been a fool." She broke down in tears.

"Sweetheart." Clark rushed to grab her before she could hit the ground. "I swear it is all in the past."

"All in the past? And you didn't think it wasn't okay for me to know?"

"Sweetheart, I am so sorry. I didn't mean for it to turn out like this." He pleaded.

"Clark, I loved you. I gave my all for you. I was ready to lay my life for you. My parents disowned me at some point because they thought you wouldn't be someone and all you could repay me with was to go to war with your friend over another woman, allowing me to fool myself by crying everyday. Clark, you are evil."

"Sweetheart, please, I can explain."

"Explain." She stood to her feet still crying profusely. "You had over 20years to explain but you didn't. What makes you think you can suddenly explain now." She asked.

"At least let me try." He begged.

"Sorry love. God knows I will forever love you but I can't stay with you. I am filing for a divorce." With that, she picked her bag from the sofa and walked out through the front door.

Clark broke down in tears. He knew he was at fault and that the blame was all his. He cried knowing that he had just lost the most precious thing he had ever gotten all because of a war he had initiated. The words of Sam rang in his head, "I am going to rip you apart and take everything you hold dear...."

Clark sat on the sofa as he glanced at the documents again. If his wife was gone, the next target would be his son.
"Dammit." He cursed.
He had to protect his son. He pulled his phone from his pocket and dialled a number.
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:31am On Apr 24, 2015
Sam got into his house feeling rather accomplished as he threw his phone on the table.
He ran a hot bath as he placed his food in a microwave. He felt the night was perfect.
He played a jazz music as he eat his dinner alone on the big dinning table. For some reasons he did not know, he felt happy.

He was switching off the lights as he made to retire to bed when he heard a knock on his door. Who would that be, he thought.

As he opened the door, he froze on the spot as he set his gaze on a shadow from the past.

"What in God's holy name are you doing here?"

"We need to talk." A female replied.

Mrs. Elizabeth wept profusely as she drove through the almost deserted road. The moonlight felt her pains as it hide behind the dark clouds.

She cried, not because of what she had just found out, rather because she knew she still loved him.
Why does it have to hurt so much, she asked herself. Why do those we love turn out to be those we shouldn't have? Perhaps he would have an explanation.

Maybe she didn't give him enough time to explain and clear things up. Maybe she had to be very supportive to her husband no matter the issue. Maybe it was all a game by her husband rival.
She knew he loved her and most time people lie so as to protect those they love.
Maybe she should go back an listen to what he had to say. Maybe. Just maybe.

She was lost in her sea of thoughts when she failed to realise that she had enter the path of a speeding trailer.
The impact was as disastrous as a nuclear blast site as the trailer slammed the car to a wall off the road, compressing it in such way that it looked like a golf ball.
Sharp broken parts of the car punctured her to the stomach, rib cages, heart, neck and her head, spilling a small fraction of her brain as her blood gave her car interior a bright red new colour. Her eyes popped out of her sockets as her blood dripped to the floor, creating a map of calamity where it settled.

There was no one in sight to call for help.

Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:34am On Apr 24, 2015
Audrey sat on her bed going over her assignments. She had tried sleeping but had ended up been restless all through. So she decided to do her assignments, perhaps she might fall asleep out of boredom.

Just as she began to have heavy eyes, Hammy rushed into the room, making her jump under her bed.

"Babe, why are you under your bed?" Hammy asked confused.

"I thought there was a rapist in the house with the way you gave me a fright." Audrey fried back as she slowly crawled from under her bed. "You need to stop doing things like that.

"Whatever. I just got a text from that number, saying we should meet at the club down the road." Hammy announced.

"And you want to go?" Audrey asked, looking shocked.

"Yeah. I want to know our mystery lover." Hammy giggled.

"This is a bad idea and I have a bad feeling about this."

"Come on. It would be fun. At least you will get the chance to punch him in the face. Please!!!" Hammy pleaded.

"Okay. Let's do this." Audrey thundered.

"YEAH!!!!!"
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:36am On Apr 24, 2015
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:41am On Apr 24, 2015
kitnah:

I really love this
As for the criticisms,I don't have any yet
But I won't hesistate to give one,when the time comes
I love the uniqueness in your story.
Btw,you and simplicity,has the same way of writing.
#just saying.
Last bullet-->IT'S IN YOU!!!
My golden writer...hope you feeling better now?
Thank you so much for your encouragement. May God bless you good.
And as for the writing style....well, I don't know what to say.

Remain happy!! The whole world needs you
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
theorbiters:

My golden writer...hope you feeling better now?
Thank you so much for your encouragement. May God bless you good.
And as for the writing style....well, I don't know what to say.

Remain happy!! The whole world needs you
Yeah,I'm feeling better.

Oh c'mon,what are friends for??

The whole world shocked

Thanks!! You did made me blush with 'golden writer',if only I'm one.

I enjoyed the last few updates like madt

Keep 'em coming..bestie cool
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 1:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
EPISODE 5.
Strings.
12:30:21am.

The jazz music played softly as Nathan stared over his half empty glass cup. He had had a rough week and he needed something to ease the stress off his overloaded mind. The club was filled with a handful of people as some danced with abandon while some just sat and talked in hushed tones.

He had been on a lot of pressure lately, thanks to his father, who was bent on using him to fight his own battles but refuses to let him know the details. He wished he could just live a normal life.

Speaking of normal, the thought of seeing Hammy again played in his head and he found himself smiling to it. He tried to talk himself out of the thoughts but the more he tried, the more he found himself smiling at the thought. If only he could just tell her how he felt about her, though he presumed she was a little bit above his league, he felt confident about winning her love.

A hand tapped him on the shoulder from behind, making the smile on his face evaporate with his fantasies.
It was the guy with the glasses.

He couldn't remember where he had seen the face before, but he knew he looked familiar.

"Hey, how are you?" Nathan greeted, extending his hand for a shake.

"Hey bro. I'm alright." The guy responded. "I doubt you remember me."

"Naah. I'm sorry, I can't." Nathan apologised.

"Remember the guy you mistakenly knocked over when you saw two ladies some weeks ago?"

"Oh my god!! I remember that. Long time." Nathan exclaimed.

"Yea, long time. I'm Richard by the way."

"Oh. Richard. Nice to see you bro. I'm Nathan."

"Nathan? I thought it was Dan? Because I remember that day you defended those ladies in the class, you said your name was Dan." Richard was puzzled.

Oh that." Nathan grinned. "I lied then. You don't really expect me to tell that lecturer my real name."

"Nice one bro. I was actually thinking you have finally succeeded in putting yourself in trouble."

"Nah. I wouldn't do that. We have to be sharp in what we do."

"True. So what are you doing here? Expecting a date? Richard quizzed.

"Just clearly my head. Too much stuff lately."

"Let me guess. Family issues?"

"Well, that is one of them. In fact, that's the major." Nathan replied as he emptied his glass.

"Yeah. You can say that again. I have the same issue and it's like I am being use for something sinister."

"Exactly. That's the point." Nathan pointed.

As they talked, the door opened and two ladies walked in. Nathan and Richard's phones rang out at the same time and like a cue, both men brought out their phones.

"I'm going to use the rest room." Nathan spoke first as both men buried their heads in their phone. "It was nice meeting you."

"You too bro." Richard responded. "Maybe later. I have to also go do something."

Hammy and Audrey stepped into the club as the soft music danced it way into their ears. The scanned around for an empty table and when they found one, they made for the spot.
They had barely settled down when Hammy's phone rang out. It was a text.

"He has sent me a text." declared Hammy amidst the playing song.

"Already? What did he say?"

"Said we should meet outside."

"Outside? But we saw no one on our way in here."

"Well, let's find out. Come on." Hammy picked up her bag and dragged Audrey with her as they walked out of the club.

They got outside but realised that everywhere was as empty as a clean shaved head. The Moon hardly gave its light as both ladies wrapped their arms around their bodies from the chilly air.

"Are you sure you read that text right? Audrey asked as she thumb-over the vicinity. "Because I can't even see a rat."

"Yes I am sure." Hammy confirmed as she read the tex again.

"But there is no one here. Either you read it wrong or this guy is playing with us. And if he is playing with us, I'm going break his balls when I see him again."

As they talked, Audrey became silent as she glanced over her shoulders.

"Hammy." She called quietly.

"What is it?"

"I saw something move in the shadow." Audrey's voice was shaken.

"Come on. Stop being paranoid. It was your mind playing a trick on you."

"I am serious. I saw someone." Audrey restated.

"Come on, let's go inside."

As they turned to leave, they heard the sound of a bottle smashed against the wall and they froze in the tracks.
They managed to turn around and their eyes met with the gaze of trouble.
"Good evening ladies." The fair man spoke, showing off his newly brushed teeth like he was auditioning for a toothpaste advert.

They turned to take to their heels but soon realised that they had been surrounded by three other dark men that had come out from the shadow where they hid.

"Shall we get down to business?" The fair man croaked.
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 1:18pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mr. Sam Hills' House

"What are friggin' doing here?" Sam hollered at the lady standing in front of his door.

"Sam, take it easy. I just need to talk to you."

"Oh no, there is no talking to do here, Joan. I thought I made myself clear when I told you I didn't want to see or here from you again."

"Come on Sam, be reasonable....."

"Oh, I should be reasonable now? When you went around behaving like a slut, blowing everyone you see, you didn't think I was reasonable, right?"

"Sam, I won't allow you to insult my dignity." Joan frowned.

"Dignity? What dignity do you have left in you? And to think I trusted you, loved you, fought for you. I was ready to do anything for you, only for you to stab me the way you did and you talk about dignity."

"Sam, come on. Everyone makes a mistake and I admit I am no saint but I swear, I had always loved you, that was why I came back to you. Sam, I am terribly sorry."

"When you slept with my best friend, you didn't remember you loved me. When you ran away, you were not sorry. You tricked me into marrying you and succeeded in turning my friend into my enemy, that was when you felt sorry to tell me the truth. Joan, you have a brother in the devil."

"Come on Sam, be reasonable. I have been apologising for over 20years and you still can't let go of the past? Haba Sam, it's not fair."

"Not fair you say? You broke my ego and ruined my pride and you say it's not fair. Just look at who is talking."

"Okay, can I come in? At least let's talk things over."

"No way. You are not welcome in here." Sam shouted.

"Okay, at least for our son, my son."

"Oh no, he is no longer your son. You gave up that right when you decided to play the harlot. Now get out of my face."

"But Sam...." The words had hardly come out when Sam slammed the door to her face. She stared at the door for a minute before turning to take her leave.

Sam watched from his window as she zoomed off in her car. When he could no longer hear the sound of her car, he broke down in tears.
He knew he loved her. From the moment he saw her face after more than 20years, he felt like hugging her and kissing her but the same way he loved her was also the same way he hated her.

He stood to his feet and switched off the light. He had to plan for the next course of action.

At The Club.

Hammy and Audrey held each other as the men circled around them, starring at them like ravenous wolves while licking their lips.

The ladies had heard stories of how men raped ladies and brutally murdered them afterwards. They shivered as the thoughts played concurrently on their mind. They had lost their voice to shout.

Just when they had given up hope of any rescue, a light complexion man came in view.

"Hey guys." He spoke as he tucked his hand in this pocket. "I think you should all leave the ladies alone."

The three dark men turned their attention to him as the their leader forced the ladies to their kneels. The three men advanced stealthily like a pack of wolves.

"Who are you?" One of the man asked.

"You don't need to know my name. Just leave the ladies alone."

"You have no idea who you are dealing with here boy, just walk away before things get messy."

He looked at their faces and studied their movement. He picked up a stick from the ground and in a flash he had knocked three of them unconscious.
The leader brought out his gun but before he would press on the trigger, he was knocked out cold flat.

After a few moment, the four men gained consciousness and scampered at the sight of the man who had beaten them with ease.
They got to the feet and watched as the men ran.

"Thank you so much." Audrey broke the silence. she studied the man who had just saved them. He was light in complexion, dark hair and the glasses he wore made him look cute. He was well built and Audrey already had fantasies of her getting lost in his arms. She paused in her thoughts as she observed that he was starring at Hammy.
"Oh God. Not this one too." She muttered.

Hammy seductively played with her eyelashes as she looked at him. He was quite charming, she thought.
"Thank you so much for your help." She offered.

"No problem, gorgeous."

Hammy's tummy fluttered with electricity at the sound of that. His voice was smooth and commanding.
"What's your name?" She asked.

"I'm Richard."

Audrey folded her arms as she watched the two of them talked. She was already used to this kind of situation but she couldn't stand the cold this night.
"Hammy, can we please be on our way?"

"You should wait for me inside. Please." Hammy begged.

Audrey threw her hands in the air as she walked into the club, leaving Hammy with the cute guy.
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 1:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
Audrey sat at the bar and ordered a drink as she nursed over the loss of the cute Richard to her friend. It had always been like that when since the both of them had become friends. Guys, for some inexplicable reasons, seemed drawn to her like ants over sugar.
She was 5'8, same height with her friend. She was light in complexion, which ought to make her stand out. She had the mixture of Madonna and Kerry Clarkson for beauty and shape and she had deep blue eyes, but she still couldn't understand why guys drool over her chocolate skinned friend.

She sighed as the thought played on her mind. She was about to get up when she realised the guy sitting by her side.
"This guy." She muttered.

She tapped him on the arm. As their gaze met, he almost threw away his drink out of shock. He knew he had seen her before.
"Hey." He greeted, forcing himself to smile.

"Hey you too." She scowled. "You think this is funny, right?"

He looked at her confused.

"Oh, you better stop pretending and act like a man." She fired again.

"Sorry, I don't understand you."

"Are you not the Dan of a guy that had been dropping letters in my friend's bag and you told us to meet you here, huh? You should know that was so cliché."

"Sorry lady." He injected. "My name is not Dan but Nathan. And I didn't drop any letter, neither didd I tell you to meet me here. Maybe you have me confused with someone else."

"Could you please stop lying and own up." She replied. "You were the one that defended us in that test and you dropped a letter before we could have a chance to thank you."

"Okay, see lady." He interrupted her. "Yes I defended you, and I lied about my name. It is not Dan but Nathan. And no, I did not drop any letter. I went out because I had a call to answer." He explained.

"So if it wasn't you, who then dropped the letter and now asked us to meet here?" Audrey asked, raising her brows.

"I don't know. Maybe someone that likes your friend did."

"And you don't like my friend?"

Nathan looked at her speechless as she starred back at him.

"Well, I like her." He finally said.

"So why haven't you told her yet?"

"Well, I'm not sure of what she would say."

"You haven't tried and you are giving up already."

Nathan smiled as he starred at his half empty cup.

"How well do you like her?" Audrey continued.

"Very well." Nathan answered and was surprised at how freely he spoke to someone he hated at the beginning.

"Well, if you don't tell her, someone else might get her." Just then her phone vibrated. It was a text from Hammy, telling her that she was going with Richard.

"See this girl." She muttered.

"What happened?" Nathan asked.

"Nothing really. Just that my friend would be staying in a friend's place tonight."

"Okay." Nathan felt relieved. "I could walk you home if you don't mind." He offered.

Audrey smiled at him. Someone she had vowed to break his balls was now being so sweet.
She agreed to his offer as they stood to leave.

They talked and laughed on their way to her house as the effect of the drinks began to take a slight toll on them. Audrey had promised to put in a word for him to Hammy and Nathan thanked her.
He walked her to her doorstep and hugged her before she went inside.

His phone rang out, prompting him to regain his full senses.
"Hello Dad."
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
Richard's Apartment
08:12:32am

Hammy opened her eyes lazily as she stirred over the white bedsheets. The sun glowed as her eyes scanned around. This wasn't her room, she thought. She shot to a sitting position.

She looked around again, this time with her senses and she found her clothes had mysteriously deserted her body and laid on the floor.

She recollected what had happened the previous night and she covered her mouth in shame as she realised what had just happened.

Richard came into the room with a tray of hot coffee and set it on the bed.
"Hey sunshine." He smiled. "How was your night?"

She looked at him feeling shy as she pulled the sheets over her unclad body.
"Did we...?" She asked trembling.

Richard laughed at her as he saw her green eyes lit up with passion. He bent over and kissed her on the forehead and mildly rubbed her cheeks.
She closed her eyes as she let the sensation drive through her veins.
"You are beautiful." He finally spoke.

She opened her eyes to realise it wasn't a dream. She quickly picked up her clothes and ran into his toilet panting.
"Oh God." She said. "This can't be happening."
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2015
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 1:33pm On Apr 25, 2015
To Be Continued....
More updates soon...
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by nellyme(f): 3:51pm On Apr 25, 2015
Wow...seems history is going to repeat itself.......easy bro wif d suspense before u gv me hrt attack....enjoying every bit of d story

More ink to ya pen and pls do continue....
Have a lovely weekend sir....
Cheers...
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
nellyme:
Wow...seems history is going to repeat itself.......easy bro wif d suspense before u gv me hrt attack....enjoying every bit of d story

More ink to ya pen and pls do continue....
Have a lovely weekend sir....
Cheers...

Yikes!!! I hate histories, deja vu and fate.
It makes the gods seem powerful over us.

Okay, I would reduce the suspense.
And thank you so much for taking time to comment also. Please, if you have any criticism, or idea, I would be glad if you drop them.

Happy weekend.

1 Like

Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by labaski(f): 6:16am On Apr 26, 2015
2 friends loving d same set of guys at d same time..hatred and envy starts from dere.. weldone dear.
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 12:25am On Apr 27, 2015
labaski:
2 friends loving d same set of guys at d same time..hatred and envy starts from dere.. weldone dear.
Hatred, Envy, Love, all are the same and most times we get them confused. Let's see what the future holds.
Thank you so much ma'am
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by nellyme(f): 8:53am On Apr 30, 2015
Pls dnt abandon us sir... Jisike biko nu oooooo
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 30, 2015
theorbiters:

Hatred, Envy, Love, all are the same and most times we get them confused. Let's see what the future holds.
Thank you so much ma'am
Suspense o o o
Please,update and save me
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 18, 2015
Thoerbiters, where are you na??
Update biko
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
I really don't know how to say this, but I am so sorry for staying away for such an awful long time. Situations beyond my control grounded my purposed flight. I wish I could say express how sorry I am.

I still wish to finish this story although I haven't reached halfway through, still yet, I do believe we can finish it together.
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
EPISODE 6.
The Truce.

Clark jerked to life as sharp sounds besieged his eardrums. He stirred his lazy body uneasily on the sofa as he glanced at the wall clock. 08:26am.
He was hit with the realisation that it was a new day.
He must have slept off on the sofa while he mused over his current state. The events of the previous night flooded his fogy brains.

His phone cried out

An 'Unsaved number' appeared on his screen, causing him to pause in his thoughts. After the events of the previous day, he was reluctant to talk to anyone except his wife.

The phone cried out again for his attention. This time, it begged to be attended to.
He finally answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Good morning sir", the manly voice responded, "Is this Mr. Clark Stone?"

"Yes", he yawned as he responded lazily, "Who am I speaking with?"

"I am Doctor Fred and I am calling in relation to one Mrs. Elizabeth Stone. Do you know her?"

Clark's brain booted up faster than a computer's processor as his eyes shot wide open.
"Yes, she is my wife." He thundered. "Doctor is there any problem?"

"Sir, please I would you to come down to the hospital, I would like to see you sir."

"Doctor, just tell me if she is okay", he begged.

"Sir, when you get to the hospital, you know the details."

"Okay. Text me the address of the hospital to this number, I will be on my way."

He terminated the call as he shot to his feet, making erratic utterances in bid to say a silent prayer to any deity that cared to listen.

Audrey stood by the door of the bathroom with a piece of white towel around her light skinned curvy body as she stared blankly at the pile of dirty laundry on the floor. She had done everything humanely possible to avoid doing the laundry but it seemed she couldn't avoid it anymore. As she mapped out a strategy on how to attack the offensive laundry, Hammy walked into the room like a defeated politician.

Audrey studied her for a moment, trying to decipher what could have subjected her friend to such a state so early in the morning.
Hammy caught her staring but made no effort to question her. She dropped her bag on the bed and finally exhaled a deep breathe as she dropped her exhausted body to the inviting bed.

"Babe", Audrey finally spoke, breaking the silence, "What's the matter with you?"

Hammy closed her eyes as the events of the previous night danced in her head. Her trip down memory lane was interrupted by the sharp voice of Audrey.

"Babe, what's the matter?"

"Nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Should there be a problem?"

"I don't know, you tell me. You are the one coming back looking as if your dog died."

Hammy chuckled. Her friend always had a way of making her laugh no matter the occasion. She remembered when they both went for a burial event two years ago and while every person present cried, Audrey had made her laugh out real hard, causing the family to question if she had a hand in her uncle's death.

"Well, my dog did not die. I am just a bit worn out." Hammy finally responded.

"Worn out? What did you do all night? Audrey quizzed as she jumped on the bed.

Hammy felt a sharp pain as her heart pounded against her rib cage.

"Nor--nothing." She stammered praying Audrey wouldn't notice.

"Nothing? You mean you were out with a cute guy and nothing happened? Come on girl, give me the details."

"Well, nothing much anyway. We just had a few drinks at his place and we talked like forever then he showed me a room where I would sleep while he slept in another room."

"That's all?"

"Yea, that's all. I must admit though, he is quite gorgeous."

"Gorgeous how?" Audrey raised her eyebrows

"I mean his whole cool personality."

"So you like him?"

"I don't know yet. Abeg, I am tired of the questions. Can I get something to eat?"

Audrey just shook her head, "There is food in the pot."

As Hammy made her way in haste to the kitchen, Audrey suddenly remembered.

"That guy you wanted to see at the club."

"What guy?" Hammy turned

"That dark guy that has always been stalking you."

"Oh. Did you see him?"

"Yes I did and it turns out that he hadn't been the one dropping off the letters in your bag all these while."

" I don't get. If he is not the one, then who is it?"

"That I don't know too. Maybe you have another stalker."

"Hmm, another one." Hammy giggled at the prospect of that but Audrey ignored her.

"And guess what, his name is not Dan but Nathan."

"Wait", Hammy almost screamed, "If he is not Dan as he made us to believe and he hadn't been the one who had been sending me letters, then does that mean he doesn't like me?"

"Oh, apparently, he likes you and he even wishes to see you or take you out to dinner."

"Oh, that's nice." Hammy smiled. She had always loved the attention and didn't mind how many guys drool over her. "Then I guess I would have take him up on his offer, don't you think?"

"I think you should. He seemed like a very nice guy."

As they kept conversing, Hammy's phone rang out. She picked it up from the bed and froze to the ground.

Audrey noticed her and shot to feet, hoping to see what it was all about but Hammy was quick to have scurried back into the kitchen.

It was text from Richard and it looked scary.

Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
Clark sat on the white floor as he stepped outside the doctor's office. He bowed his head in-between his legs as if to pray but ended up sobbing. He knew he had lost what he could never replace and neither was God willing to hear his request.

The doctor came out of his office and was startled to see him in such manner. He helped him from the floor and guided him till he sat on the wooden bench in the hallway.
After crying for a considerable time, he brought his phone and dialled a familiar number.

"Hello."

"What the hell do you want?" The voice hollered.

"Sam, let's quit this madness now. I give up." He choked with tears as he mumbled the words.

"You wanna give up now? I don't think so. I'm gonna make sure you pay for what you did."

"Sam, what the hell are you talking about? My wife is already dead, is that not enough?"

There was a gulf of silence for a moment.

"Hello?" Clark called out.

"You said what?" Sam managed to say.

"You heard me man. Man wife is dead. Are you happy now?"

"Are you crazy?" Sam fired back. "How will I be happy that your wife is dead? I had no hand in that, I swear."

"There is no need to play on my calmness. You said you would take everything and now my wife is gone."

"I am serious Clark, I had no hand in that. How did she die?"

"Car accident."

"I'm sorry man. Okay we have to cut back on our war. I give you my word."

Clark terminated the call before he could go further. He punched in another familiar number. His son.

Richard stared at his phone with a smile hanging at the corner of his lips. He looked out of the window briefly as he acknowledge the presence of the happy Sun, dancing awkwardly across the blue sky.
This should be a good day, he thought to himself as he returned his gaze back to his phone on his bed.

He had sent Hammy a message and he waited calmly for her response. The events of the previous night stuck to his head like glue and there was no way he was going to let her go just like that.

His phone vibrated. The smile on his face quickly evaporated and his face wore a mask of gross displeasure. He hated it when his father calls. He reluctantly picked up the phone hoping for his dad to quit calling.

The call came in again.

He knew he had no other choice than to answer it. So with a great amount of strength, he managed to answer, "Hello sir?"

"Richard, I know you are having a hard time and I am sorry for putting you in such a state."

Richard could hear his father sobbing quietly amidst his words and he wondered what could make him cry.

"Dad, are you alright?"

"Listen son", Clark's voice croaked, "I am going to tell you something and I want you to be very calm."

"Dad", Richard's eye shot open, "What's the problem?"

"First, I need you to stop that other assignment I gave you. It's no longer useful."

Richard heaved a sigh of relief. He had waited for this news all his life. He glad the pursuit was finally over now he could live a normal, yet he felt uneasy.
"Dad, what exactly is the problem?"

"Richard", Clark paused for a moment before he continued, "Your mom is dead."

Richard paused briefly as he stared at the sun through his window. "What happened?" He managed to say.

"She had a car accident and she died on the spot."

"Is this related to the assignment you gave me earlier?"

Clark paused and thought for a moment. He knew his son had a strong Will and would go any length to do anything.
"No, it isn't. I just felt I shouldn't be putting pressure on you anymore.
"Just relax. I will tell you when the dates are fixed for the burial ceremony."

Before Richard could say anything, the call had been terminated.

Richard sat on his bed as he mused over the conversation. He knew there had to be a connection and he wished he knew all the players involved in this game. He had completely relegated the thought of Hammy to the abyss of his mind. He needed something to exact his frustration on. He felt the air stir around him as the unseen spirits wrapped their tentacles around his clouded mind.

Nathan smiled happily as he stared at his phone. He had just gotten a call from his father, informing him that he wouldn't need to embark on the assignment again but still cautioned him to be careful. Finally, he thought to himself, he could live normally.
As he still mused over the conversation, a text came in from Audrey, informing him that Hammy has agreed to take him on his offer. This was double happiness for him, he thought.

He paused in his thought as he tried to analyse why exactly he was smiling. Was it because Audrey sent a text or was it because he was finally going to dinner with the girl of his dreams? Whatever the option, he felt glad. This was turning out to a good thing after all.
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
Joan paced around the living room as she drifted away in her thoughts. She remembered how she had met Sam over Twenty years ago and how a little mistake had destroyed everything she ever hoped to achieve. She knew she regretted her actions but there was nothing she could do about it to make it all go away.

As she paced frantically, she stopped abruptly in her tracks as an idea conjured in her brains. Quickly, she picked up the phone and dialled a number. There was a connection after the third ring.

"Hey Sarah. I know it's been a while."

There was a brief silence as Joan bit her lower lips.

"Yeah, it's a while." The voice replied from the other end.

"Okay, Sarah, I know we had an agreement that I wouldn't call you at all nor interfere so long you raise my child well...."

"So why are you calling now?" Sarah interrupted her.

There was a bit of silence as Joan prepared what she had in mind.

"Okay." Joan said as exhaled a lump of hot air. "Okay, you are my friend and my child's godmother, but you also know I am the mother of my child and I have a measure of right over her."

"So what do you wanna do?"

"I have made up my mind, I want to go public with it." Joan finally said with every courage she had.

"You want to what?!" Sarah screamed. "Have you gone bunkers? Do you know you could ruin so many people's lives? Are you thinking at all?"

"I have made up my mind and I know how I will do it. I just wanted to inform you before I do it." Joan cut in sharply.

"Well, if you say so." Sarah finally said. She knew she was defeated in this conversation. "You can do whatever you want, but just know the amount of pains you would cause so many people. Goodbye"

The call was terminated, leaving Joan alone in her room as she mused over her next line of action.

She knew war would come and she had to be ready for it.

1 Like

Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
nellyme:
Pls dnt abandon us sir...
Jisike biko nu oooooo

I'm terribly sorry ma'am. I hope never to behave thus again
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Kitme(f): 8:59am On Jul 21, 2015
He's back! cool welcome!
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Skimpledawg(m): 11:21am On Jul 21, 2015
Am so overwhelmed, amazed n and dz story left me discombobulated afta d last update.... Mehn oga theorbiters, ua damn good at dz.... I hardly get confused yle reading a story, buh u left me dazed and awe at dz.... Oga Larrysun com check if my english correct o grin

Beta coman continue ooo undecided

Picks fone n calls onemansquad, stuff46, slimzjoe, lilyomi, hennyhorlah, BlissB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Chanllenges Facing Nigerian Authors / Up Coming Authors And The Sol / The Church - A Novel / MY CARELESS MOTHER- Episode 1-3 ( E-book/story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.