Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

is it possible for a 2:2 graduate + master degree bcom a lecturer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / is it possible for a 2:2 graduate + master degree bcom a lecturer (1485 Views)

The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... / How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

is it possible for a 2:2 graduate + master degree bcom a lecturer by faqir(m): 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
Is it possible for a second class lower holder to become a lecturer in nigeria university? If yes, What are d steps required or what are necessary things needed. Thanks
Re: is it possible for a 2:2 graduate + master degree bcom a lecturer by Vision4God: 1:39pm On Apr 17, 2015
Dats only allowed when ur connection is very strong (from above thingz). Or xcept u hav ur masters then its possible.
Re: is it possible for a 2:2 graduate + master degree bcom a lecturer by faqir(m): 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
faqir:
Is it possible for a second class lower holder to become a lecturer in nigeria university? If yes, What are d steps required or what are necessary things needed. Thanks
. The steps I mean here is master and may be phd. Would those two qualifications helps a second lower become a lecturer?
Re: is it possible for a 2:2 graduate + master degree bcom a lecturer by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
You can become a lecturer with a 2.2 and a masters. some University will employ you as a graduate assistant or lecturer 1.
Some University employs 1 . 1 and 2.1 students as graduate assistant. .
Op you will be employed as a lecturer no doubts but some University will employ you as a graduate assistant but most will employ you as lecturer 1..
For me I was lucky enough as I was employed as a graduate assistant with a 2.1..without a m.sc and without any connection. I was employed with the opportunity of doing my m.sc in the same University. .
Wishing you God's speed @Op

4 Likes

Re: is it possible for a 2:2 graduate + master degree bcom a lecturer by Hisxlency01: 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2020
Please can anyone give a reliable answer to the question
Re: is it possible for a 2:2 graduate + master degree bcom a lecturer by Adonis86(m): 12:20am On Dec 22, 2020
You can become a lecturer with a 2.2 and a masters. some University will employ you as a graduate assistant or lecturer 1.
Some University employs 1 . 1 and 2.1 students as graduate assistant. .
Op you will be employed as a lecturer no doubts but some University will employ you as a graduate assistant but most will employ you as lecturer 1..
For me I was lucky enough as I was employed as a graduate assistant with a 2.1..without a m.sc and without any connection. I was employed with the opportunity of doing my m.sc in the same University. .
Wishing you God's speed @Op

So, with all your 2.1 and graduate assistant position, you are still clueless on the hierarchies in the university system?

You even tag First Class 1.1 instead of 1

Academic Positions. Qualifications
1. Graduate Assistant.... First degree
2. assistant lecturer....... Masters
3. lecturer II.................... Promotion
4. Lecturer I.................... Promotion
5. Senior Lecturer.......... Promotion /PhD
6. Reader(Associate Prof) Politics and Pubs
7. Professor.................... Politics, Politics, Publications and more Politics

(1) (Reply)

6 Students Bags First Class As Kwara State University Graduates 732 Students / She Scored Beyond Her Expectation In Jamb Now Wants To Change Course / 20 Degree Courses With Best Employment Opportunities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.