Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) (33277 Views)

Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / 2015 Prophecies That Never Occured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by HighQue007: 6:41pm On Apr 17, 2015
All these to tell you religion of the white people is a guess work.
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by rhames(m): 7:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
torkaka:
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=115033

Can Rev Father Ejike Mbaka of the Adoration Ministry, Enugu, rise and take a bow? When many other prophets went the way of Balaam, making predictions for filthy lucre and falling over themselves to foretell a second term in office for President Goodluck Jonathan, Father Mbaka trod an unbeaten and unpopular path. At the risk of his life, he said Gen Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC) would win the 2015 presidential election.

Before then, Father Mbaka had been an ardent Jonathan supporter. He had said good things about the President and his aspirations for 2015, but obviously, he spoke like a man that he was. When the Spirit of God chose to speak through him, even the Catholic priest had no choice. He became like clay in the hands of the potter: yielded and still. Today, we have a true prophet to the nations in Father Mbaka.

Also, can Prophet Joseph Kehinde Oladipupo of Faith and Victory Church, Akure, Ondo State, stand up and be recognized? In March this year, he had predicted a Buhari victory, saying: “Jonathan will lose hands down. If he wins the election, then God didn’t send me as His servant… He told me while interceding for Nigeria that Jonathan is not the next president. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari will win the presidential election, and he will rule this country democratically.”

How about Ibadan, Oyo State based prophet, Wale Olagunju of The Seed of God Chapel? Garland him, please. This was what he said early this year: “Buhari is the next president of Nigeria… His votes will supersede the votes Abiola got in 1993. Jonathan’s days as President of Nigeria are numbered.” Word for word, the prophecy came to pass. M.K.O. Abiola won over eight million votes in 1993, Buhari has now won over 15 million, to become our President-elect. Prophet Olagunju, you have every reason to walk tall, and rejoice, even boast, in the Lord your God. Yes, how else is a true prophet known? The Good Book says when a man prophesies, and what he says comes to pass, then know that the man has been sent by God. But when a man says, “Thus says the Lord,” when the Lord has not spoken, such man is setting himself up for shame and disgrace.

However, we only started this piece with a digression. We are not talking today about men (and possibly women) who saw the future correctly, but those who really did not see anything, or saw partly through a glass, and could not properly decipher the message they got. A caveat, however: our intention is not to mock or deride anybody. The purpose is simple. We want to establish that only God has the final say in the affairs of men, and no man can pontifically declare what will happen in future, to the exclusion of the divine powers. God is the ultimate. He has the final say at any given time, and He has not ceded that authority to man. Repeat: Not to any man, whether he’s a prophet, diviner or futurologist. Jehovah has the final say.

You can’t mention top three prophets in the country before his name pops up. Primate Theophilus Oluwasaanu Olabayo is Founder of Evangelical Church of Yahweh, based in Lagos. He has name and reputation in the rank of top seers in Nigeria. But in respect of 2015 elections, he hit the crossbar, not once, but twice. Olabayo, an ardent follower of the soccer game, failed to find the back of the net on who wins the presidential race, and who becomes Lagos State governor. Hear the man: “God has revealed to me that if at all there is going to be presidential election, it will be inconclusive just like the June 12 (1993 election) that we had during the time of the late Chief M.K.O. Abiola.”

Well, the elections held. And despite the potentially disruptive antics of Elder Godsday Orubebe during the announcement of the results, the process was not truncated, so the election was not rendered inconclusive. Primate Olabayo missed it. He hit the crossbar.

And on Lagos State governor, hear the prophet: “Jimi Agbaje will have more support of the people, and this is what will cause uproar in some circles if at all there is going to be election. Jimi Agbaje will have the upper hand because the candidate that should have won the election for APC was not given the chance to be presented as the party’s governorship candidate in Lagos. APC should have presented Ganiyu Solomon, he was God’s anointed candidate.”

Well, Solomon lost at the party primaries, but like a great sportsman, he threw his weight behind Akinwunmi Ambode. He campaigned for him vigorously. And the latter is governor-elect today. Agbaje did not win, and Olabayo hit the crossbar again.

Another Grade A prophet is Primate Babatunde Elijah Ayodele, Founder of the INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, Oke-Afa, Isolo, Lagos. Ayodele looks into the seeds of time, and can tell you which one will grow, and which will not. The man is also given to much philanthropy, a thing I admire highly about him. But what is his report card on 2015 elections? Let’s listen to the man, since the Good Book says: “by your words, ye shall be justified, and by your words, ye shall be condemned.”

Hear Ayodele: “Kaduna is going to be very bloody. PDP may take Kaduna, but it’s going to be by narrow margin. Yobe, Gombe, Benue, Delta, Akwa Ibom, all those states will be won by PDP.”

April 11 has come and gone. Mercifully, Kaduna was not bloody, and PDP did not take the state, APC did. Again, it was not by narrow margin. Rather Nasir El-Rufai beat Ramalan Yero by a landslide. The incumbent became so punch drunk that he threw in the towel from his corner, and congratulated his opponent before the entire results were released. He needed to save himself from further blows to the solar plexus.

Yet again, PDP did not win Yobe and Benue as Primate Ayodele predicted. Dear prophet, what happened? I can hear the ball hit the crossbar with a loud bang, followed by a ricochet, and bouncing back into the field of play.

Hear Ayodele on the presidential race, talking about Jonathan: “This election is a lesson for him and there are still lessons for him to learn if he now gets it back. He still needs a lot of prayers. But in the midst of all these ups and downs, he may still have a very slim chance of winning the election. I don’t see any landslide victory at all between him and Buhari. At the end of the day, PDP will win the federal, but the party will crash after the elections.”

PDP will win the federal. Really? The last time I checked, the party lost by about 2.5 million votes, and is currently in disarray, winning only seven out of 26 state governorship seats so far declared from last weekend’s election.

Primate Ayodele owes us explanations on Lagos, particularly. He had said the APC would lose, if it fielded Ambode. And when confronted later on that prediction, he hinged everything on God. “Let the Lord justify His words for He exalts His words above His name,” the prophet declared. Now that Ambode has won Lagos, did God change His mind? Over to you, Primate!

Prophet Joshua Iginla. He’s a big tree in the forest of prophets. He sees great things, many of which have come to pass. But on who will be president from May 29, this year, he missed it big time. Loud bang! The crossbar shook, and almost fell.

“I am not a politician nor belong to any political party. I am just speaking God’s mind,” Iginla had declared in a January 2015 interview. “The person sitting on the seat might not be perfect but he will retain the seat. It’s not guesswork… President Jonathan will win, but he has to pray about his health and so many political blows.”

President Jonathan will win, said Iginla. But the man did not win. So, what says the prophet now?

During the ground breaking ceremony of the 80,000-seater City of Wonder tabernacle of his Champions Royal Assembly in Abuja last December, Iginla had again affirmed: “The President should pray very well because he will win the election but will suffer political blows that he might live to nurse for the rest of his life. I saw political blows, which entail you might be in power but nursing political injuries that refused to heal.”

Brother Joshuaaa! What happened? We’re all ears.

He’s not very long on the national scene, but Apostle Joshua Suleman has shot himself into reckoning in a very short time. There are many predictions he made that have come to pass, but since we’re talking of only those that hit the crossbar today, let’s consider these ones from the Auchi, Edo State based prophet.

“Presidential ticket will split APC.” No, it did not. It even rather united the party. “Jonathan will manipulate second term. He may rig himself to power, but will not complete the tenure the tenure.” No, Jonathan did not even get a second term. “APC will claim victory in 2015 but the court will give it to Jonathan.” APC is not claiming government, rather it has been declared victor at the polls. “Oyo and Ogun state governors, I don’t see them coming back. If they can pray hard, mercy may smile at them, but I see them go home.” Well, the two governors are home – in their respective government houses.

Nobody can tell me that Archbishop John Obiokeke of God Pentecostal Mission Churches Worldwide does not see things. He sees. One day in 2006, he had visited us at The Sun Newspapers. After the courtesy visit, he began to reel out prophecies concerning some of us that hosted him. Most of them have come to pass. He even named one of our staff that was not in the reception team. He said we should tell him to be careful about his health. Sadly, that one died not long after. So, Obiokeke sees.

But on 2015 election, he saw amiss, and has hit the crossbar again, just as he did in 2007, when he said former military ruler, Ibrahim Babangida, would be president. In January, this year, Obiokeke had declared: “God is saying that there is no vacancy in Aso Rock. For reasons best known to Him, Jonathan, even though will rig, is still going to be the President… The election is going to be tight, but Jonathan will return.”

Smack, on the crossbar. Somebody, please find me the prophet’s phone number. He owes us an explanation.

Dr Success Ibeakanma, Senior Pastor of Royal Choice Ministries, Lagos: “In the presidential election of 2015, APC will try but PDP will win.” Verdict? Crossbar.

Rev. Saviour Efe Awusi, Founder and General Overseer of God’s Divine Favour Evangelical Church, Okota, Lagos: “Thus says the Lord. By my mercy, President Jonathan would surely win this year’s (February 14) presidential election. And all those who are against him shall be put to shame.” Verdict? Crossbar, with the upright shaking vigorously!

Pastor Dr Emeka Agwu, Organizer/Host, Diaspora Prayers for Dr Jonathan’s Victory, is also the General Overseer of Voice of Evangelism International, Houston, Texas, USA. Magisterially, he had declared before the elections: “They want Jonathan resigned or changed, but God has given Jonathan the 2015 election key of victory.” True? The key we see Jonathan holding is that of his home in Otuoke, Bayelsa State. Verdict? Dr Agwu hit the crossbar. And a miss is as good as a mile.

Let me end this piece with the way I always end my interventions on prophecies that miss, which I do at the beginning of every New Year:

“No man has the final say over anything. Only God does. Times and seasons are in His hands. Prophecies are for our edification, for our encouragement and blessing. But God never reveals everything to finite man. If He reveals everything, then He would not be God again. No wonder the Good Book says the things that are revealed are for men, while the ones that are hidden are for God. If God has hidden something in His superior knowledge, why should I go and poke my nose into it, trying to sniff it out? ‘He that pries into every cloud shall be struck by thunderbolt,’ so goes the saying. So, I take the things God has revealed, and respect His decision on the ones He keeps to Himself – lest I hit the crossbar.”

that's on point kuli-kuli. Keep up the good work.
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by bezimo(m): 7:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
ekim004:
Warrah bout oyedepo nd da oritsejafor abi femi I dnt blame dem in M.I's voice "money dey open eye no bowl leg" sai baba all d way

You better shut your disgusting mouth against Gods anointed, before your destiny ends up as a mockery
What has what was stated have anything to do with Bishop Oyedepo.
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by expozey(f): 7:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
oyetunder:
In what ways are these predictions actually edifying the Body of Christ-the Church. God has not sent anybody to go and be 'predicting' or as predictors!b! God servants are to prophesy unto the edification of the body of Christ. What has God told them about the challenges facing the church in form of occultic invasion and ritualists on the altars? This is an age where 'prophets' are busy predicting world cup results, European league winners, plane crashes and the imminent deaths of rich men!!! All these are efforts to attract money bags... We need those who can tell us the mind of God as regards the deep salvation, holiness, simplicity, holy blessings, fear of God, holy living, and heaven.

Thank you
Wonder how one God will be giving different messages to various people concerning the same issue.
God's mind and promises regarding the virtues mentioned in your post has not and can never change.
We as a church should concern ourselves more with that.
Shikena
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
ddddon:
my dear totkaka is not the author of this work. the author is my mentor Femi Adesina MD of Sun. he is such a blessed and talented writer.

Ouch! I er, take that back then!
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by bqlekan(m): 9:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
if i am a fake prophet, i will stay away from prophesies and get busy with tithe and offerings grin
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by mytym(m): 10:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
Dyt:
All this epistle just to say same thing we know?
Deep sigh
abi na same old tori.
Dyt ending comments with "deep sigh" since 1759 grin...**deep sigh**
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by nwakaibeya1: 10:36pm On Apr 17, 2015
the descendants of the prophets of baal are in existence in nigeria and as such not all prophesies are from God they are using the prophesies to make merchandise of their bellies so do not be decieved
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by omoalaro: 11:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
One of the clowns even said El-Rufai will not win because he insulted Jesus Christ. I can't remember his name. I wonder what he would be telling his gullible followers now.
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by seeker121(m): 11:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
Apostle Johnson Sulaiman should retire from ministering or guess work which he used to called Prophecy.That nigga is a big time Bleep up ,imagine pdp will win lagos and apc will win rivers.mtchew
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by Dyt(f): 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
mytym:

abi na same old tori.
Dyt ending comments with "deep sigh" since 1759 grin...**deep sigh**

grin grin
Deep sigh
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by djkirkoo2(m): 11:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
Pavore9:

'Before then, Father Mbaka had been an ardent Jonathan supporter. He had said good things about the President and his aspirations for 2015, but obviously, he spoke like a man that he was. When the Spirit of God chose to speak through him, even the Catholic priest had no choice. He became like clay in the hands of the potter: yielded and still. Today, we have a true prophet to the nations in Father Mbaka.' Mtcheeeeeeew. Prophet my ass. I don't think u've watched d clip b4 or else u won't be talking rubbish

l think that answers the question. cheesy
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by djkirkoo2(m): 11:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
Pavore9:

'Before then, Father Mbaka had been an ardent Jonathan supporter. He had said good things about the President and his aspirations for 2015, but obviously, he spoke like a man that he was. When the Spirit of God chose to speak through him, even the Catholic priest had no choice. He became like clay in the hands of the potter: yielded and still. Today, we have a true prophet to the nations in Father Mbaka.' Mtcheeeeeeew. Prophet my ass. I don't think u've watched d clip b4 or else u won't be talking rubbish.

Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by djkirkoo2(m): 11:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
[quote author=Pavore9 post=32828262]

'Before then, Father Mbaka had been an ardent Jonathan supporter. He had said good things about the President and his aspirations for 2015, but obviously, he spoke like a man that he was. When the Spirit of God chose to speak through him, even the Catholic priest had no choice. He became like clay in the hands of the potter: yielded and still. Today, we have a true prophet to the nations in Father Mbaka.' Mtcheeeeeeew. Prophet my ass. I don't think u've watched d clip b4 or else u won't be talking rubbish.
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by Pavore9: 11:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
[quote author=djkirkoo2 post=32838168][/quote]

l have a download of it. You are entitled to your conviction while l also am.
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by holyboss: 9:20am On Apr 18, 2015
Kay25:
the fact that a prophecy failed does not mean they are not prophet..many things are involved in prophecy
Must they lie? or do their God gives conditional prophecy? why cant the come out and defend their self now? bliv me churches should b banned in Nigeria..

Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by Wuuworld(m): 6:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
adeniyitheprof:

To be honest, I did not hear the Rev's name from anyone (even Igbo friends) or newspaper nor know him anywhere before the video came out. It was the video that made me and many out there to know little about him.

My brother, Rev. Mbaka did not prophesy based on my close study of His message via the video.

I am not against him in anyway but there is a sharp dichotomy between a PREDICTION and a PROPHECY.

There is nowhere in the video even while on the pulpit that he said "Thus saith the Lord......" or "The Lord told me that....."

Not every word or statement from the mouths of pastors are directly from God. Some words may be their opinions, warnings, viewpoints, and predictions based on what is going on presently.

Rev. Mbaka did warn the congregation that should they vote for Jonathan, things like insecurity, corruption and bad economy will escalate the more.

Many did say he spoke like a political activist on that day and not like a prophet.

Remember that he was merely preaching; there was nowhere he said that the Lord told me that Jonathan will lose the election but he categorically listed out, with much emphasis, the reasons (which He wanted his members to reason along) why Jonathan SHOULD NOT be voted again. (Note the words "SHOULD NOT"wink

That was why many of his critics did say that he was merely campaigning against Jonathan but not giving prophecies from God against Jonathan as per the election.

My brother, this is just an insight of my answer I gave someone who attacked the Reverend.
The person said the same Rev. Mbaka prophesied that a Governor will not win an election but the Governor won and that Rev. Mbaka then prophesied Jonathan's election loss with precision. He then asked: Are Rev. Mbaka's prophecies based on guesswork?

The person made these statements while I was trying to differentiate between a PROPHECY (which must come to pass and it is from God, speaking His mind) and a PREDICTION (which may/may not occur just like football match prediction and it is from man because God never predicts)
.....I concur sir....God Bless u.
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by MarieSucre(f): 2:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Oh I just LOVE this analogy.
Hello sir. Being quite a while I've come across this username. Hope you well.
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
MarieSucre:
Hello sir. Being quite a while I've come across this username. Hope you well.

Yes thanks and hope you are well also! How body? Back in Naija next month. I have been about, but just in different threads.
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by mbulela: 3:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
rhames:

that's on point kuli-kuli. Keep up the good work.

So you had to copy the whole article just to make your pointless comment?

1 Like

Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by rhames(m): 6:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
mbulela:

So you had to copy the whole article just to make your pointless comment?

Yes oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) by djkirkoo2(m): 5:22am On Aug 10, 2015
Pavore9:

'Before then, Father Mbaka had been an ardent Jonathan supporter. He had said good things about the President and his aspirations for 2015, but obviously, he spoke like a man that he was. When the Spirit of God chose to speak through him, even the Catholic priest had no choice. He became like clay in the hands of the potter: yielded and still. Today, we have a true prophet to the nations in Father Mbaka.'

Deceive yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deeper Life Crusades, Retreats And Revivals — / Unbelievable: Even In Jail, Rev King Still Controls Minds Of Nigerians / Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.