Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,157 members, 7,807,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Lust And Love: Any Difference? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lust And Love: Any Difference? (4777 Views)

Can't Love Any Man Again / Juju For Love! Any Experience? / I Dont Love Any Other Except Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lust And Love: Any Difference? by Uche2nna(m): 3:25am On Sep 08, 2006
Hey is there any difference between these 2? Both of them all involves tapping some booty.No pun intended.
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by Seun(m): 3:43am On Sep 08, 2006
One could say that "lust" (sexual desire) is part of the package of emotions we refer to as "love". However, most people recognize that it is not enough to sustain a meaningful relationship. "Lust" is good but just not enough.
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by lauryn(f): 3:44am On Sep 08, 2006
Lust sorta leads to Love
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:50am On Sep 08, 2006
I try to advise friends (married and single) whatever you do in a relationship, "love with a whole lot of lust" if there is lust in love, then there's no love lost"

I think we give lust a negative connotation when it is still the same thing as passion (in the context of relationships ohh>) before some lunguists pulls out amn encyclopedia
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by dennylove(m): 8:29am On Sep 08, 2006
lust can sometimes be INFATUATION,DECEITFUL,BETRAYAL cry embarassed,and all opposite of love,but,LOVE is when you cheerish someone with your whole heart.no matter what it takes,you alway be there FOR EACH OTHER. wink smileythats the different.
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by nico(m): 8:56am On Sep 08, 2006
I've no clue
I think Lust leads to mounting on Twin Peaks, doggy style grin
And Love leads to blackmail like getting married embarassed
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by kinzolic(m): 9:25am On Sep 08, 2006
undecided
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by twinkledew(f): 10:49am On Sep 08, 2006
i do not think there is a definite answer to this question. lust lead to love and love leads to lust.
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by kike001(f): 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2006
i fink lust might lead 2 love in sum case but dont get too carried away wwit lust
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by nenye78(m): 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2006
love is " loving in spite of"
lust is " loving because of"
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by tundefajim(m): 2:06pm On Sep 08, 2006
The difference between love and lust is in the motive. It is usually difficult for people   to differentiate between the two because of the pervasive loose behaviour and morals we have incorporated from the world - especially by the West.

Lust is purely a strong desire for something (not necessarily sexual desire for someone) with the sole aim of satisfying yourself  cheesy . It is a selfish and inconsiderate act, and many take it to be "love". It unfortunately motivates most of the relationships we as youth get into nowadays. You see someone and you WANT for yourself - it may be the beauty and whatever else you see in the person, but that is lust.

PS: Don't mistake it for attraction. It is a normal thing to be attracted to someone. Immediately you begin to become possessive and want your will at all costs, you are in lust (you can lust for food, someone else's possessions, etc. as well).

Love  smiley on the other hand, involves a deep interest in someone (or something) with the desire to increase, add to, nourish and protect such. When you love someone you'll seek the best for the person, not just for yourself.

The movies and books we have grown up with have given a false and sick idea of love (the warped idea that began to form in the evil 70's in the US) where the self-serving desire is put forward as the ultimate aim: "Please yourself without responsibility to anyone". This is why relationships do not last (look at celebrities) and people are lost and confused.

The human mind is capable of a lot of good and a lot of evil; unfortuantely the evil is more easy to dig out,

God loved us so much He sent His Son, Jesus Christ - who was not guilty - to die; now that's love!!!

"You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving! "

You can not live in true love except you accept Jesus Christ and His Ultimate sacrifice of LOVE: when you do that He'll begin to change your heart and you'll begin to love in truth: loving your parents, your friends, your loved ones (even your enemies!).

"For all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God, " (Romans 3:23).

You'll change, and everyone will notice; your motives will become about the best for others and yourself. Please take this step of faith: Accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour - you will receive a new heart and your mind will be changed. Best of all you'll receive Eternal Life!

"Taste and see that the Lord is good"

God Bless you! GOD IS LOVE! Love you all!  wink grin smiley

Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by olukab1(m): 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2006
I beleive they are the same thing.If you could do to somebody under love what you would not have done if the person is not in your life,you are in a lust situation.
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by Greatpeter(m): 3:01pm On Sep 08, 2006
Love is a combination of passion, feelings and lust.
But when you have lust without love it becomes dangerous.
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by Damollar(m): 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2006
Greatpeter:

Love is a combination of passion, feelings and lust.
But when you have lust without love it becomes dangerous.

@greatpeter - Yeah u know what it is.

Love and lust are inextricably intertwined.if love is driving your relationship without lust for eachother, it will never work.

Love finds it way in your heart while lust clicks in your hormones.Most of people belive when they are in love the lust becomes naturaly and that's it .

Loving someone is that rational though joyous state you arrive at when you've been with (lusting) someone for a while.
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by candylips(m): 3:57pm On Sep 08, 2006
there is a thin line between love and lust
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by Damollar(m): 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2006
candylips:

there is a thin line between love and lust

Do you wonder - is it love, or lust, or infatuation - are you really in love?
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by candylips(m): 4:24pm On Sep 08, 2006
its very difficult to answer. most of the time people are just infatuated or in lust. true love is very very rare
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by Shinor(m): 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2006
cant you see the spellings are different?
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by Damollar(m): 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2006
candylips:

its very difficult to answer. most of the time people are just infatuated or in lust. true love is very very rare

@candylips - ok let me ask u this

Which would u prefer, love or lust?
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by Chxta(m): 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2006
Love
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by candylips(m): 4:47pm On Sep 08, 2006
at the moment i prefer lust.
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by Dekon(m): 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2006
Da diffrenz is dat lust may last 4 d nite but love comes in the morning[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by Eurphoria(f): 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2006
Lust just about last the duration of sexual attraction, Love lasts beyond sexual attraction.
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by Damollar(m): 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2006
Dekon:

Da diffrenz is that lust may last 4 d night but love comes in the morning[color=#990000][/color]

The hottest love, sex, and relationship is derived by[b] lust[/b]

Love & Lust. Love & Lust satisfies you with a dose of romance, makeovers and seduction,
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by okereke(m): 5:22pm On Sep 08, 2006
love and lust have common similarities, but the difference lies in the time they both elapses, while love lasts and is driven with a reasonable motive, lust is just for a moment and its driven by evil passion. it takes only a christian to know true love.
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by candylips(m): 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2006
make una no bring chrianity into this
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by Damollar(m): 5:30pm On Sep 08, 2006
candylips:

make una no bring chrianity into this

@candylips - I nominate u as our Chief whip. I sincerely c no reason y he had 2 come up with his religious beliefs.But all d same thanx 4 d prompt caution notice.
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by Egede(m): 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2006
@ tundefajim, Man u got it all. There's a reasonable difference between the two but one will need to be a lot more broad minded to comprehend the difference. For emphasis sake: I would like to say that while lust is selfish, sensual and carnal, love is selfless and spiritual. it takes only a matured mind to love in true sense. Narrowing down to the love between man and woman, you would understand that it takes only a matured mind to love. we have all been in situation where we thought we were in love with a girl/boy only for the love to grow wings in a short while. true love never end. You may not end up marrying the person but somewhere in your heart you are sure that you truly love that person.
Lust comes with all the passion and your watch your adrenaline level go sky high yet, it always because, True love is always inspite, This is not to say that love is madness but check out God who loved/loves us inspite our dirty acts and short comings. More often than not, you people who are in relationship for convenience and what the other party has to offer, you will have to ask yourself; AM I TRULY IN LOVE? How far can you go for love? Sad enough, we have been coerced into thinking that love has to with passion alone, let me add that passion is short lived. we have all been with very beautiful girls whom you may not understand how you got tired of such babes, meanwhile at the beginning it was like this will be it forever. that describes lust at it peak. It nose dives soon as the selfish interest is satisfied especially when it isn't obvious that there are more prospect in the kitty.
My take always will be love. Get wise.
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by Damollar(m): 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2006
@Egede - The difficulty comes from trying to keep to safer sex in the face of powerful feelings like love, lust and wanting to be close. ,

Your whimsical little sculpture addresses both the "lust and love" part of this show, with a great sense of humor. It is creative and fun. ,
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by Oracle(m): 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2006
Sex is the distinguishing factor, someone in lust would only regard the other person for his/her sexual abilities or would only want to be that person's friend for sexual reason.

while Love combines true affection with the sexual part of the whole business, sex can be employed when and only when the two people in question are married.

you would agree with me that LOVE is better than LUST

Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by Damollar(m): 6:52pm On Sep 08, 2006
Oracle:

Sex is the distinguishing factor, someone in lust would only regard the other person for his/her sexual abilities or would only want to be that person's friend for sexual reason.

while Love combines true affection with the sexual part of the whole business, sex can be employed when and only when the two people in question are married.

you would agree with me that LOVE is better than LUST

@Oracle - Your article about the differences between love and lust hardly seems necessary. , True love gives, expecting nothing in return. But lust wants out. , trite?

Our yearning for love and fulfillment is lived out on the knife edge which separates love and lust, commitment and obsession, faithfulness and desire.Far too many people, both men and women alike, confuse lust for love. Mental attraction alone will not withstand the test of time in relationships.
Re: Lust And Love: Any Difference? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2006
If it's lust, you want sex

If it's love, it's the other way round (it's too complicated to explaim)

I'm not one love expert, I've never fallen in love, but I know I can tell the difference between love and lust. And I know when someone doesn't love the other, even if he/she claims so.

Tayo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Ladies Loose Great Guys To Their Unrealistic Expectations And Standards / / 'Tall & Beautiful Lady Begin Search For A Boyfriend On Twitter, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.