Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices (91032 Views)

How Ro Track Startimes / How Much Does Startimes Cost / Price Of A New Startimes Decoder And Installation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by garokabir: 5:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nellizzy(m): 5:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by durosinmikunle(m): 5:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
Shame to DSTV grin grin grin
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Lankaline(m): 5:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
i commend them for their good work but somebody like me,,,cant do with soccer,,i prefer to pay 3k and get to watch soccer alone than pal 100 naira to watch all the channels in the world but NO soccer,,,

no offense,,juhs a soccer lover and a manunited freak

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by 12month: 5:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
Right now I don't knw which one to choose Gotv- 1800 or startimes-1800.

1 Like

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by cirmuell(m): 5:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
Hmm, okay.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by emmatok(m): 5:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
iroko guy wants to compete with Africa Magic.

1 Like

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by haabeeodun: 5:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
Wind of change..

1 Like

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by ThisMeansWAR: 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
How much is startimes decoder now?
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by cirmuell(m): 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
samilo88:
Was at work this afternoon when I got this message from startimes..
This is to inform our esteem customers that another bouquet has been introduced on starsat called NOVA bouquet with 36 channels for N600 monthly,the N3000 subscription will now be N1,800 with 85 channels,4 new channels will be added,namely:
iroko play,iroko plus,movie world and Amc series,all will take effect from 1st of may 2015.
Thank you for your patronage,
PEKO.

Sincerely speaking, I think startimes have really tried bring affordable pay tv to Nigerian homes. Besides sports I think thier channels and programs are top notch when compared to the price.
Mod pls assist move this to fp so others can benefit from this info..
But for sport channels, I think Startimes is a better alternative to DSTV. angry
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by XBLadez: 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
Useless propaganda! We don't want Startimes, so stop teasing us with those ridiculous offers. If u must ban South Africans from Nigeria, make sure u snatch their DSTV. To hell with Startimes
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Owliver(m): 5:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
If only they can add sport channels. Even if its just one from England and another one from spain it'll be better. But this is nice development.

1 Like

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by XBLadez: 5:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
LatestTrend:
Startimes is better than Dstv cheesy
You're dreaming

1 Like

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by fergieboy: 5:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
looks enticing

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
Let's not deceive ourselves what startimes offer is not up to DSTV's lowest standard, its not even an alternative. The only alternatives that come close to DSTV is TrendTv, CMTV, & GOTV.
Having Startimes is like paying to watch local stations in clearer pictures.
Startimes needs to upgrade its content.

2 Likes

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Emmyk(m): 5:18pm On Apr 17, 2015
Yes. The decoder goes for 900naira now. But you need to pay another 2,400 for subscription... total 3,400..
if you chose to do 600 sub, you have 4months to watch Startimes

2 Likes

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by ikemobi(m): 5:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
startimes if given the chance will do better than DSTV
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by arsetalkshere: 5:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
I can't wait for this company to grow enough to compete with multichoice. Once they are able to bid for EPL multichoice is finished.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by ayubaesla: 5:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
HOPE DSTV WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR TOO? CAUSE WE TIRE OF THEIR TARIFF....
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by arsetalkshere: 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
chuks315:
Let's not deceive ourselves what startimes offer is not up to dstv's lowest standard, its not even an alternative. The only alternatives that come close to dstv is TrendTv, CMTV, & GOTV.
Having Startimes is like paying to watch local stations in clearer pictures.
Name one thing Dstv has that startimes do not have aside off course the sports stations and the overly expensive prices.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Strongfaze(m): 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
See what crisis can do. The matter don dey get more interesting. If only Nigerians go commot eye for Oju kokoro! Startimes on point.

1 Like

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by omodapson(m): 5:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
taiwoflb:
They are trying to attract Unsatisfied DSTV users

Good marketing move.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by sakieja(f): 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
monopoly pack ur load n go.startime don break d record.very soo decoder wil be share free of charge.like dat of sim card.life is better now.every citizen we have acces to beter life.rich n poor,no more setiment

1 Like

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2015
arsetalkshere:
Name one thing Dstv has that startimes do not have aside off course the sports stations and the overly expensive prices.
Are you for real?
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by agabaI23(m): 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
I am going to move to startimes. I think if we empower Star times, they will be able to to bid for premiership matches. They can actually ask for

I am tired of DSTV extortion. SKY does the same in the UK but at least rate is not this bad
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by droopyd: 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
Op, your post is highly misleading, Startimes have in fact increased their subscription rates. This is from their website:

By May 1, we will launch new interesting channels and will update the existing bouquets with these channels. They are AMC Series, Iroko Play, Iroko Plus and ST Zone. AMC movies and Wap TV will then move to Basic bouquet; Classic bouquet will have Iroko Play and AMC series, Iroko Plus will also be introduced into Unique bouquet while other new channels will be available on all bouquets. While, the new bouquet price will be N1200 for Basic, N2400 for Classic and N3600 for Unique bouquet, which will be effective from April 18

The Subscription that was reduced is that of Starsat (I'm guessing due to low patronage):

We would also like to introduce Startimes satellite TV to you, which has 100+ channels with HD decoder and more local contents. We also have a Nova bouquet on Startimes satellite TV, which has 35+ channels and cost only N600, the Smart bouquet with 85+ channels will be reduced from N3000 to N1800, for Super bouquet you only need to pay N3600 to enjoy 117+ channels which is N4500 before. What an amazing reward?This adjustment will be effective from May 1.

Here's the link to the article on their website: http://www.startimes.com.ng/single_news.php?newsid=45

4 Likes

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Jorussia(m): 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
If they don't add sport channels then they should forget overtaking DSTV.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 17, 2015
Market strategy! I like..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Installers Phone Numbers And Location. / How To Hack DSTV, Gotv, Digital Tvs And Other Digital Decoders Subscription FREE / Fta Channels On W4/7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.