Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,041 members, 7,807,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices - Satellite TV Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices (91025 Views)

How Ro Track Startimes / How Much Does Startimes Cost / Price Of A New Startimes Decoder And Installation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by onatisi(m): 8:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
teeowl:
the one that I have (i used it last in 2013) is the external antenna with decoder, while they have the one that uses satellite dish with decoder. The one that uses satellite dish with decoder is the reduced price. While the one that uses external antenna with decoder, the price would go up from N3000 (highest bouquet) to N3600. The highest amount you can pay with Startimes is N3600, which is way less than what DSTV charges for the same set of channels.

I am still going to switch to Startimes after my DSTV expires because Startimes is still cheaper for me.

kai see plenty grammar for ground !!! For where I go start now sef? Ok bros , which one be the beta package ?
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
External antenna with decoder. If you change apartment, it is portable to carry unlike the bulky satellite dish.

onatisi:
kai see plenty grammar for ground !!! For where I go start now sef? Ok bros , which one be the beta package ?
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by obadadamioloun: 8:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
Can someone lecture me on how to recharge startimes with my phone pls
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
It is written clearly on the recharge card, just like when you are using glo or airtel recharge card... nobody needs to lecture you. Get the recharge card and the instructions are written clearly --- your smart card number is needed to recharge.

obadadamioloun:
Can someone lecture me on how to recharge startimes with my phone pls

1 Like

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Wakeelu(m): 8:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
Startime is digging his grave, they decrease price of starsat while increase the price of their commonly use TDVB (STARTIMES) April 18 as announced through their site basic now #1200 as against #1000 before while classic and Unique bouquet are #2400 and #3600 respectively.

1 Like

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by obadadamioloun: 8:28pm On Apr 17, 2015
Thanks, but where can i buy the recharge card
I reside at sattelite town Lagos
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by refreshrate: 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
LatestTrend:
Startimes is better than Dstv cheesy

As in ehn can you imagine "Empire" is being shown on Fox for this amount meanwhile to start watching the really good stuff if I'm to call it that considering the number of times they repeat stuff I have to fork out over 9k?

Mbanu! If na Dstv oba wan throw for lagoon me I go support am.

Tomorrow morning me and Startimes office get appointment.
Meanwhile that poster wey say we can't continue using Dstv & Mtn despite the xenophobia in their country, you too correct abeg.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
At Alakija, there is a man that sells tokunbo cars, his shop is just before christ embassy church (which is directly opposite MRS filling station).

Or before you get to Finiger bus stop, there is a junction (a mallam sells suya at that junction at night) that leads you to catholic church (directly opposite the T junction), it is near a car wash before you get to AA secondary school. (I am talking about the road leading to Oriade Local Council Development Area Secretariat)

obadadamioloun:
Thanks, but where can i buy the recharge card
I reside at sattelite town Lagos
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by buwanhot(m): 8:39pm On Apr 17, 2015
ziqqz:
If STARTIMES wan make sense, there are two things involved:
Either they find a way to show all the live soccer matches Nigerian football fans want OR dem for just make their service free of charge.

If their service becomes free of charge, fine. But if they decide to start showing live football, there are two things involved:
Either we all gladly boot DSTV out of Nigeria and back to South Africa OR we take STARTIMES to South Africa and kill DSTV forever!

If... kai I don tire jhoor

I hope you do understand that Startimes will have to wait for DSTVs exclusive right to air all those matches in Nigeria to expire and then have hundreds of millions to bid to air them...just saying.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by onatisi(m): 8:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
Too much complications for this startimes jare .make persin kuku stay with dstv jeje
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
If Startimes does not have the station you want, then DSTV is better for your enjoyment. Startimes has all the station I want, so it really does not make sense for me to still pay DSTV when I can get it cheaper with Startimes, I would use the extra money to buy fuel for generator.

onatisi:
Too much complications for this startimes jare .make persin kuku stay with dstv jeje
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by buchai: 8:55pm On Apr 17, 2015
I like Startimes and i have one since 2010 or 2011 its serving me. I equally introduced the ideas to the people around me to buy the startimes and some did and they are enjoying it. I dont like the idea that these other people will close their business for me because i want to spring up my own, business is all about competition and the Change will not come that way but true strong competiton will bring about change.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Administrator: 8:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
samilo88:
Was at work this afternoon when I got this message from startimes..
This is to inform our esteem customers that another bouquet has been introduced on starsat called NOVA bouquet with 36 channels for N600 monthly,the N3000 subscription will now be N1,800 with 85 channels,4 new channels will be added,namely:
iroko play,iroko plus,movie world and Amc series,all will take effect from 1st of may 2015.
Thank you for your patronage,
PEKO.

Sincerely speaking, I think startimes have really tried bring affordable pay tv to Nigerian homes. Besides sports I think thier channels and programs are top notch when compared to the price.
Mod pls assist move this to fp so others can benefit from this info..

This is a lie...startimes increased their tariff by 20% although they will introduce new stations

2 Likes

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
buwanhot:

I hope you do understand that Startimes will have to wait for DSTVs exclusive right to air all those matches in Nigeria to expire and then have hundreds of millions to bid to air them...just saying.

That is why there are two things involved:
1. We can kick out DSTV and their exclusive right to air in Nigeria will be null and void
OR
2. We still kick DSTV out! And then have FG actively support and finance STARTIMES and/or the establishment of an all-Nigerian SAT tv provider.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Promxy94(m): 9:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
Please I want to buy the starsat,how is the picture quality and hope is not affected when raining....
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by ogundeleai(m): 9:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
I got only 24 for nova and they are lagos TV dominant.. LTV was not also available
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Administrator: 9:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
Promxy94:
Please I want to buy the starsat,how is the picture quality and hope is not affected when raining....

Good and excellent.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Promxy94(m): 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
Administrator:

Good and excellent.
tnxs abeg why not some1 atleast post a list of the starsat channels
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by MrMandilas: 9:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
pofolo:
Mhhhnnnnn ,
I wonder why people give a bleep about Dstv. When free-to-air satelites are readily available, where I watch even 2015 released movies, series, news ( cnn,bbc, aljazeera, rt, voa ), cartoons, sports etc all for free.

Check out my footballing fixtures for free.

Thursday 16th
Europa league

Wolfsburg vs Napoli @ 20:05 ON Fd1,tv3, stv etc
Sevilla vs Zenith @ 20:05 on Fd2.

Friday 17th
Ligue 1

Nantes vs Marseille @ 19:45 on Fd1, tv5 monde .

Saturday 18th.
Wolves vs ipswich @ 12:15 on Fd1

Hoffeinham vs Bayern Munich @ 13:30 on verzesh.

Everton vs Burnley @ 15:00 on tv3, tv togo, ortb, etc.

Barcelona vs valencia @ 15:00 on fd2 , irib tv3

Chelsea vs Man Utd @ 17:30 on verzesh.

Ausburg vs stuttgart @17:30 on Gtv, rtgi, stv.

Real madrid vs Malaga @ 19:00 on Fd2, irib tv3

Juventus vs Lazio @ 19:45 on verzesh.

Atletico madrid vs Getafe @ 21:00 on Fd2.

Sunday 19th

Almeria vs rayo Vallecano @ 11am on FD2.

Lille vs Bordeaux @ 13:00 on Fd1.

Man City vs Westham @ 13:30 on versesh.

Roma vs Atlanta @ 14:00 on rrsat, zimbo, joy tv

Aston Villa vs Liverpool @ 15:00 on Fd2.

Montpellier vs Caen @ 16:00 on Fd1.

Villareal vs cardoba @ 18:00 on Fd2.

Inter milan vs Ac milan @ 19:45 on Fd1, versesh..

Eiber vs Celta vigo @ 20:00 on Fd2.

Viva fta
What a footballstic weekend.

To pay #13500 ?, no , NOT me, I'll rather buy 7 bags of cement, or add am 2500 buy one trip of sand.

Plus their yeye xenophobia rubish, dem stil they straff us for our land...

Note : the last 48 plus month, my subscribtion to dstv ( pay tv) na jst 1 month.
Bleep them !.

VIVA FREE TO AIR !

So if startimes like make dem NOVA, ko kan aiye .
#teamFTA
how do i get the " free to air?
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by andyanders: 9:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
dayjee:
Very good, But they should include sports and show us European matches and we will abandon DSTV for good.

Let South Africa take their DSTV and allow Startimes to get the right to air soccer in Nigeria. The NCC can get this done.

South African companies should leave Nigeria,

1 Like

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by andyanders: 9:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
ziqqz:

That is why there are two things involved:
1. We can kick out DSTV and their exclusive right to air in Nigeria will be null and void
OR
2. We still kick DSTV out! And then have FG actively support and finance STARTIMES and/or the establishment of an all-Nigerian SAT tv provider.

Good comment by a wise man.Let the Federal Government remove the exclusive right of DSTV on soccer. That is why the high amount of money consumers pay.If the FGN give the right to Startimes, the prices will be reduced by 100%

1 Like

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by CaniiiceDim(m): 9:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
onatisi:
I don't know why everybody just dey avoid answering this question . Abi dem no get decoder ni?
. The Startimes decoder is worth #4,000. Only.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by 14(m): 9:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
andyanders:

Good comment by a wise man.Let the Federal Government remove the exclusive right of DSTV on soccer. That is why the high amount of money consumers pay.If the FGN give the right to Startimes, the prices will be reduced by 100%

supporting a chinese company. why not nigerian pay tv
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by babybuzx(f): 10:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
Pls how can i enjoy this too? I base in south south, what size of dish can i use to track it, frequency and saterlite
pofolo:
Mhhhnnnnn ,
I wonder why people give a bleep about Dstv. When free-to-air satelites are readily available, where I watch even 2015 released movies, series, news ( cnn,bbc, aljazeera, rt, voa ), cartoons, sports etc all for free.

Thursday 16th
Europa league

Friday 17th
Ligue 1

Saturday 18th.

Sunday 19th

Viva fta

To pay #13500 ?, no , NOT me, I'll rather buy 7 bags of cement, or add am 2500 buy one trip of sand.

Note : the last 48 plus month, my subscribtion to dstv ( pay tv) na jst 1 month.
Bleep them !.

VIVA FREE TO AIR !

#teamFTA
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by ohenhen1: 10:28pm On Apr 17, 2015
The federal government need to stop the practice of DSTV owning exclusive rights to channels or sports packages in Nigeria. The DSTV has an unfair advantage they have exclusive rights to the EPL and the NPL. How can local companies compete. There should be a rights sharing program.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by notoriousbabe: 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
adorablepepple:
Kk
wetin be ok?you get decoder or tv for house?
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by andyanders: 10:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
14:

supporting a chinese company. why not nigerian pay tv
Anyone can go for it.We have Nigerians that can set up a replica of DSTV and let the FGN help to get this done and have all these South African companies out of Nigeria.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by notoriousbabe: 10:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
babybuzx:
Pls how can i enjoy this too? I base in south south, what size of dish can i use to track it, frequency and saterlite
PM me make I tell you
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Osakah24(m): 10:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
pofolo:
Mhhhnnnnn ,

Thursday 16th
Europa league

Friday 17th
Ligue 1

Saturday 18th.

Sunday 19th

Viva fta

Bleep them !.

VIVA FREE TO AIR !

#teamFTA
how i go take get am? I gbadu this ur free to air o.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by pofolo(m): 11:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
babybuzx:
MrMandilas:
notoriousbabe:
PM me make I tell you
MrMandilas:

Just visit the satelite tv section and see wonders and goodies.....
All for free, no Illegalities.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Tomtoxic: 11:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
ndcide:
I don't know if what the @op posted is correct . if it is , them Startimes have just hit a jackpot.

I've been using Startimes for years now and I see it as very okay. Apart from EPL , I've not seen the cutting edge if DSTV. though I don't have much time for TV. Startimes gives me German league live, I used to watch French league 1, too. I got my best documentary TV.Nat Geo gold, discovery, history, animal planet, crimes TV. etc etc etc. Fox news, aljazera, BBC, CCTV etc etc, how many you wan watch.

I Don't have time for TV. but unless you are so attached to EPL, Star times is absolutely sufficient for me. and I have no reason to buy DSTV. worse, I go viewing centre. but no time jare.

If this news is true, Star times will make money. Even salon will have the decoder. There's nothing DSTV is offering that Startimes is not also offering apart from EPL.

bros abeg hw much u dae pay a month for dis matches

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Installers Phone Numbers And Location. / How To Hack DSTV, Gotv, Digital Tvs And Other Digital Decoders Subscription FREE / Fta Channels On W4/7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.