Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,453 members, 7,801,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks (48376 Views)

South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man / 120 South African Companies In Nigeria Risk Attacks / Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Pebcak: 4:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
WAY TO GO JARE.....
Even if its for MTN, MULTICHOICE, SHOPRITE to pay police to watch every single Nigerian soul in SA they should they make so much from Naija

u can not make money from Nigeria use it to develop south africa and your SA people living off Nigerians will start attackin g Nigerians because they are Low life people and they envy Nigerians success

[size=28pt]
IF SOUTH AFRICANS SAY THEY ARE CRAZY WE SHOULD LET THEM KNOW WE HAVE THE CURE TO THEIR MADNESS
(EGBA LOGUN WERE--> FLOGGING OR BEATING CURES MADNESS)
[/size]
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by busybrain88: 4:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
I don't blame dem,personally I tink nigerians re d major pipo being targeted in S A.d attack on oda african nationals were just a decoy.S A hates us for simply being d biggest economy in africa.a frnd of mine complains dat his S A frnds usually use derogriatory terms to refer to Nigerians callin us fraudsters,scammers and referring to GEJ as a weak president.d hatred they have for us is as a result of our being richer dan dem.how I wish our revenue were utilized wisely,den nobody would have being leavin nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by iconize(m): 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nigerians and their usual way of bluffing.
Always talking with no single action. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by superfavour(m): 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nigeria wants toooo.....why the wait
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by jajainall(m): 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2015
Our president shall act decisevely by sending all their business firms n companies out of our country .... the life of every Nigerian there in s/africa is important to us . What a nonsense
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by kingchuks500(m): 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2015
That is the right thing to do shurt down the south Africa companies in the affected countries.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by themodernman: 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
GIYAZZ:
[img]http://s1.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20131129&t=2&i=816106288&w=644&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=CBRE9AS19NS00[/img]

MTN is one of many South African companies
with investments across Africa. Photo: Reuters
JOHANNESBURG –

SOURCE: www.africlandpost.com/nigerians-want-shut-sa-businesses/

I'm sure Mike Adenuga will be grinning from ear to ear by now...can someone make a cartoon of such for me?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Fourwinds: 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
BiHung:
Good idea...

But in other news:

Let us advise GMB to shun the May28 dinner organised by GEJ. #SayNoToOneChance
Dinner kei.!!! my hand no dey oooo
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by chillykelly86(m): 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
Its not good for any country to be threatening or implying threats to foreign companies.

Other foreign companies are watching.
It may seem a nice idea to you to teach the South Africans a lesson but how will it seem to other foreign companies?

In most of these cases, it the govt's position that weighs so much. And as far as I know, the South African govt has condemned the xenophobic attacks and are doing well to arrest the situation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
ikechemez:
And most importantly South African Brewery in Onitsha the makers of Hero beer must be closed as well
who do you think are the owners or makers of Hero beer. Take for instance you are the owner of a sch and a particular child is misbehaving due to trauma or any oda thing and d parent of d child is even a stakeholder in ur school. Will u send d child parking? Or will apply diplomacy and report d child to d parent to take appropriate action. Or will u rather act by ur emotions. Answer quick let me kno ur stand

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by missionmex(m): 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
Wrong move. U don't purnish all for the sin of few.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Canelle(f): 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
If this idea wasn't to lead to massive job losses and in turn poverty and frustration, i would fully support SA businesses being shut down in Nigeria. What these South African savages are doing is totally demonic and barbaric

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
Halimi24:
u are dumb.what is so difficult 2 understand in d post??mumu
@post d ngrian govt has no right 2 just close foreign biznesses in ngr.it could discourage other foreign investors from making a foray into d country.is mtn,shoprite or multichoice a sponsor of d xenophobic attacks in deir countries of origin??how can they be held responsible 4 d actions of deir illiterate countrymen??

So there is no POLICE and ARMY in south Africa to quell the excesses of their mad men ?

If the SA govt wants to treat their.mad.men with kids gloves, then the whole world should rise and ostrasize the SA government till they do the right thing.

Stop reasoning like a toddler.

2 Likes

ikechemez:
And most importantly South African Brewery in Onitsha the makers of Hero beer must be closed as well
who do you think are the owners or makers of Hero beer. Take for instance you are the owner of a sch and a particular child is misbehaving due to trauma or any oda thing and d parent of d child is even a stakeholder in ur school. Will u send d child parking? Or will apply diplomacy and report d child to d parent to take appropriate action. Or will u rather act by ur emotions. Answer quick let me kno ur stance
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Ilekeh(f): 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nigeria and gra gra.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by denedene(m): 4:55pm On Apr 17, 2015
just MTN and DSTV. the rest can stay cool
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 17, 2015
abeg make dem do am sharpaly
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Fourwinds: 4:55pm On Apr 17, 2015
iconize:
Nigerians and their usual mouth farts.
Always talking with no single action. undecided
it is because we have inactive government. thank God dere is change now. it will be eye for an eye., tooth for tooth
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 17, 2015
Naughtysite:

If you watched that video of a helpless lady stripped unclad and being stoned and matched to death for no wrong and she happens to be your sister, I am sure you won't be saying this rubbish.

And so,stop talking like an illiterate & show me the video,by posting the link over here¿
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by mooyguy(m): 4:56pm On Apr 17, 2015
This Xenophobic act of the south africans is going way too high from them, i was in SA last year, i saw the way Nigerians are living over there- believe me it is not worth it if you are not working legitimately there and even if you are there and not having a good work- you will be ROASTING. If you are lucky and your parents are rich enough to send you to a school over there good for you.

I don't blame them, the blames goes from us and our government here in Nigeria, had it been our leaders are not greedy, self-centered, coveteous...name it, Nigeria would have been the best in Africa and we are still the best just that we are not yet seeing our nation as the best- we say it with out mouth but is it coming from our HEART?

Our Nigerian brothers over there are reported not attacked yet but i will advise them not to wait till they are attacked,

South-African Leaders are hereby given 48hrs ultimatum to call their wards to order.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Strongfaze(m): 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
I bet late Nelson Mandela will be turning in his grave right now because this not the dream he foresaw. Just the way the labour of our heroes past in Nigeria nearly went down the drain via curruption. But thank God for the card reader.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Fourwinds: 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
superfavour:
Nigeria wants toooo.....why the wait
don't worry. dats y we send dis government packing. we don't want sluggish president
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by mayour01(m): 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
Entchidodo:
Sacred bleu! We cannot throw away the bathwater with the baby,we need foreign direct injection into our economy and South Africa constitutes a major source of that estacode...This is so wrong in all ramifications and we condemn this move vehemently.
Are u serious at all? and was it not SA that started it in d first place
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Dotunani(m): 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
It gonna b awesome...bt make we watch champions league finish b4 multi-choice go leave us oh.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
chukxie:
It's sad how South Africa has embarked on a downward spiral journey that might lead to the demise of one of Africa's great nations.
Na them sabi.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Orikinla(m): 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
Blacks hating blacks is worse than APARTHEID.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by danielmichael(m): 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
Abeg mak dem. Destroy mtn,not to comot am..jus destroy am..nonsense and rubbish network....unam
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by omoharry(f): 4:59pm On Apr 17, 2015
Naughtysite:

If you watched that video of a helpless lady stripped unclad and being stoned and matched to death for no wrong and she happens to be your sister, I am sure you won't be saying this rubbish.
well said. I am sure if that lady happens to be his relative he would have been crying to the high heavens for every one to come hard on south Africa business..
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by msBoitz: 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
moscobabs:
good move

How many nigerians are going to lose their jobs because of this "good move"?
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by 989900: 5:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
Naughtysite:

Emotionally, we can all react, but governments/diplomats don't act on emotions, 'cause that won't solve the very sad issues at hand

And those companies here, are not here illegally, nor are they sponsoring, or cheering them on.

Hundreds of foreigners (Nigerians included), if not thousands, have registered-functioning companies too in SA.

Even, when countries go to war against each other, that doesn't automatically mean companies owned by the other warring party are automatically shut down.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Pebcak: 5:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
Pebcak:
WAY TO GO JARE.....
Even if its for MTN, MULTICHOICE, SHOPRITE to pay police to watch every single Nigerian soul in SA they should they make so much from Naija

u can not make money from Nigeria use it to develop south africa and your SA people living off Nigerians will start attackin g Nigerians because they are Low life people and they envy Nigerians success
[size=28pt]
IF SOUTH AFRICANS SAY THEY ARE CRAZY WE SHOULD LET THEM KNOW WE HAVE THE CURE TO THEIR MADNESS
(EGBA LOGUN WERE--> FLOGGING OR BEATING CURES MADNESS)
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by LaRoyalHighness(f): 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
Act!!! This isn't time for threats.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Th / See The Dilapidated Road That Femi Otedola's Forte Oil Rehabilitated In Lekki / My Worst Regret While Trying To Make Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.