Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,795 members, 7,798,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice (34151 Views)

Group Threatens Mass Protest If Buhari Doesn’t Attend Next FEC Meeting / Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Okonjo-Iweala's Response To Charles Soludo's Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by aceguy1(m): 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
A former Minister of Petroleum, Prof. Tam David-West, has replied the Minister of Finance and coordinating minister of the economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, over her advice on how the incoming administration of Gen Muhammadu Buhari can increase revenue, saying the new president does not need her expertise.

David-West, who spoke to our reporter in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital Friday, said Buhari is highly experienced in the art of governance, stressing that he knows what to do to manage the economy well.
He said that while Okonjo-Iweala supervises a Nigerian economy where a United States (US) dollar exchanges for N190, Buhari, during his days as the Head of State, supervised an economy where N1 exchanged for US$1.5.

His words: “I read Okonjo-Iweala’s advice to Gen. Buhari on how to raise revenue with interest and amusement. I don’t think that Buhari needs any advice from her on the subject. He is not new on the terrain. He is a very knowledgeable person on how to move the economy forward. I don’t believe he needs advice from Okonjo-Iweala.

“When Buhari was in charge, oil was $30 per barrel. It even went down to $15 per barrel. Yet, he managed the economy very well. Oil price is now double that price and they are complaining that oil price has fallen.

“Buhari can manage the economy better than Okonjo-Iweala. He never took International Monetary Fund (IMF) loan neither did he flirt with IMF. He refused to devalue the Naira in spite of the problem the country was facing from different areas. $1.5 exchanged for N1. But during Okonjo-Iweala’s time, it is N190 to $1.

“Finally, it was N2 to £1. During Okonjo-Iweala’s time, it is N240 to £1. Buhari did not import fuel; he was exporting whereas Okonjo-Iweala imports fuel with bogus subsidy running to trillions of Naira. And she has not been able to arrest anyone involved in subsidy scam let alone get a refund from any of them.

“Nigeria is the only country in the world where Okonjo-Iweala is the Finance Minister and coordinating the economy where provision is made for fraud in the annual budget by way of subsidy. So, Buhari does not need her advice.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/david-west-to-okonjo-iweala-buhari-doesnt-need-your-advice/

150 Likes 16 Shares

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by mhizpeaarl(f): 4:18pm On Apr 17, 2015
Hmm issues of the moment
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Nazeeboy(m): 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
Gbam! E don happen be that. See david west dey talk like him too buhari need him advice. Even u buhari no need your advice.

65 Likes

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by midolian(m): 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
Well said..thank you, David West

125 Likes

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by dunkem21(m): 4:31pm On Apr 17, 2015
Who is Tam David West? grin

14 Likes

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by 9jii(m): 4:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
dunkem21:
Who is Tam David West? grin
Which cave are you living since?

Every thief is looking for a soft landing these days

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by megacity: 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2015
David West thinks we have forgotten that he was sacked and removed as minister for allegedly collecting bribe

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2015
grin

Okonjo surprises me... Am amazed at how she climbed so high at the world bank really.... She seems less knowledgeable than a PhD student at the university of Ibadan in matters of Economics ...

113 Likes 11 Shares

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by AhmedMustapha(m): 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
I believe Dr Iweala is a practical economist in her own right and one of the brains this country has produced in her field, I only feel the system she met doesn't permit her kind of policies with the ravaging corruption in the country. She should have just resigned at least as a matter of principle but it seems the system she was supposed to conquer, conquered her and she is now seen as one of those who took part in the carting away of the country's resources in the last four years. She really has a lot of image remaking to do.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
Team #SayNoToMay28Dinner

Nigerians warn GMB....don't enter One Chance

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Boss13: 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nail on the head David West. Nail on the head. You cannot advise someone when you have done a poor job. NOI thinks it's about raising taxes to shore up revenue, whilst there are numerous leakages and corruption affecting revenue generating government institutions. She must acknowledge that she and her team did a poor job on a macroeconomic level. It is not about Integrated Payment Systems alone and statistically rebasing or redefining the GDP, but stimulating the economy for real economic growth.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by sammyj: 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
Thank you sir, just like I said in my previous comments !!!! grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by lanrefront1(m): 5:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nazeeboy:
Gbam! E don happen be that. See david west dey talk like him too buhari need him advice. Even u buhari no need your advice.

I don't think you know about the relationship between Tam David-West and Buhari. if there someone that Buhari trusts and knows he can completely rely upon, someone who is off like mind like him(Buhari) Tam David-West is definitely that person.

As for Iweala, she's a stooge of the world bretton institutions; her loyalty is not to Nigeria. She'll like to please her employers whom she's about to return to. That's where her loyalty lies.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Boss13: 5:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
SmartChoices:
grin

Okonjo surprises me... Am amazed at how she climbed so high at the world bank really.... She seems less knowledgeable than a PhD student at the university of Ibadan in matters of Economics ...

NOI is a pack load of surprises. I was elated when Jonathan made the announcement on her being the coordinating minister of the economy and I said, for once Nigeria will get it right. I was wrong. Her first shocking moment was Sure-P and I was like - WTF. This is what Venture Capitalist do in developed countries. Then there was Subsidy fraud and the heap of frauds emanating from the Jonathan's administration and each time these fraud cases appear on front page, I asked myself is NOI still part of that administration or is she a co-conspirator too?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Nazeeboy(m): 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
lanrefront1:

I don't think you know about the relationship between Tam David-West and Buhari. if there someone that Buhari trusts and knows he can completely rely upon, someone who is off like mind like him(Buhari) Tam David-West is definitely that person.

As for Iweala, she's a stooge of the world bretton institutions; her loyalty is not to Nigeria. She'll like to please her employers whom she's about to return to. That's where her loyalty lies.

yeah it's true. But Buhari is unpredictable at times. He does what seems like the impossible and suprises everyone especially when it comes to putting the interest of the nation first.

16 Likes

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Duru1(m): 5:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
Boss13:
Nail on the head David West. Nail on the head. You cannot advise someone when you have done a poor job. NOI thinks it's about raising taxes to shore up revenue, whilst there are numerous leakages and corruption affecting revenue generating government institutions. She must acknowledge that she and her team did a poor job on a macroeconomic level. It is not about Integrated Payment Systems alone and statistically rebasing or redefining the GDP, but stimulating the economy for real economic growth.

The above post reflected the typical idiosyncrasy of most Nigerians when they appear and sound like they know it all yet exude ignorance of unimaginable height. Nigeria had someone named Gen. M. Buhari due to the corruptive practices of NPC led by Bello and Balewa. One wonders how the APC is going to eradicate corruption in Nigeria when the top dog in the party is a product of nepotistic endeavors of NPC and northern region of Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by abduljabbar4(m): 5:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
So David west has sense like this. I'm honestly impressed especially because its coming from this man. That's why I said women deserve to be in the govt but not fragile positions though she is up to the task. If you take Okonjo to another country she will work like Nelson Mandela but since its 'ordinary' Nigeria she will work anyhow. Mtcheew

9 Likes

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by anulaxad(m): 5:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
He's speak the basic truth, with good logic, economics is not a game, this woman had her time in dealing with the fiances and has welded and fallen to western powers( probably because she has experience with the WORLD BANK) while Buhari went to every extent to make sure that devaluation wouldn't happen. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
Chai!!! This is too much na
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by PrinceMario(m): 6:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
BREAKING:

PDP TO MERGE WITH APGA,
LABOUR,
PDM,
ACORD,
AA,
SDP,
NCP,
AIT,
NTA,
NSA,
PFN,
CAN,
CBN,
SSCE,
OPC,
HIV,
MASSOB,
UTME, e.t.c ahead of 2019 election.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by PrinceMario(m): 6:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
PDP TO MERGE WITH APGA,
LABOUR,
PDM,
ACORD,
AA,
SDP,
NCP,
AIT,
NTA,
NSA,
PFN,
CAN,
CBN,
SSCE,
OPC,
HIV,
MASSOB,
UTME, e.t.c ahead of 2019 election.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by vedaxcool(m): 6:41pm On Apr 17, 2015
Thank you David West, we will have to remind Okonjo to shut it as she had all the opportunity in the world to advice herself and Jonathan, rather all Nigerians experienced one of the most dreadful and corrupt ridden regimes in our history! Madam shut up and sin no more!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Kx: 6:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
For 6 years, noi could not advise her boss gej right with those "world class" ideas of her's to turn the fortunes aright,
Instead she witnessed obj doggedly take Nigeria off the league of debtor nations while she midwived gej's insatiable borrowing from the west to drag Nigeria back into the murky waters of debt.

Who needs an advice from an inconsistent finance minister? God forbid!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Chigold101(m): 6:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nazeeboy:
can someone tell me what this man wants. Okay... He wants Nigerians to notice him.

David-West has been hiding for past 6years now he has found his feet again.

Or is he afraid that ministry of petroluem will be probed his sins will be discovered therefore he is tryng to enter GMB‘s good book.

Okay na

1 Like

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
na so
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
The woman they fear kirikiri, she come dey give irrelevant advice, i_ _o woman doing eyes service since 1864.... She should go and give GEJ that advice in otuoke

4 Likes

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by geedeex2(m): 7:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
Guy
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by lonelydora: 7:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
You can say that again, Prof. We are tired of her paper theories. Madam Economy, baba has more truthful people to work with and not sycophants.

11 Likes

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by efilefun(m): 7:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
Hopefully she will account for all the subsidy funds to the last kobo before leaving office or else kirikiri should be her next home

9 Likes

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Saeed348(m): 7:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
After hearing dis. Okonjo-iweala be like,,,,,,,

2 Likes

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by steppin: 7:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
This David "east" of a man is a correct foool!
I guess Okonjo iweala gave the advice so that boko hari can give her back her job.

1 Like

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Pebcak: 7:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
yes o

She advised GEJ and put us in this situation. Why and how will her advise help?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fresh Crisis Hits APC, Deputy National Publicity Scribe Asks Chairman To Resign / Expected Petrol Pump Price Drops To N114.53 Per Litre / Why Fela Fought MKO Abiola Over ITT (international Thief-thief) — Segun Aka Baso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.