Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,705 members, 7,805,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice (34162 Views)

Group Threatens Mass Protest If Buhari Doesn’t Attend Next FEC Meeting / Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Okonjo-Iweala's Response To Charles Soludo's Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by ajealadick(m): 7:55pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nazeeboy:
Gbam! E don happen be that. See david west dey talk like him too buhari need him advice. Even u buhari no need your advice.

Who told you. He was Buhari's minister for petroleum, and under his watch NNPC was far better and accountable up till they even bought tankers to transport our crude for export. If you don't know issues just shut up and read more intelligent peoples' post.
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Fourwinds: 7:56pm On Apr 17, 2015
san316:
Tam David West, you are a former minister of the federal republic of Nigeria and an elder statesman on your own right. I think you should be careful the kind of things you say. You should also be mindful of your public conduct.

However....

I think He's right but i think he's tryna protect his investment. Our next minister of petroleum.
Funny u
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by tazzus(m): 7:56pm On Apr 17, 2015
david west kooor david southeast niiii.......buhari sef no need ur own advice
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by ceejay80s(m): 7:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
dunkem21:
Who is Tam David West? grin
He is taribu west elder brother

1 Like

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by deltapikin(m): 7:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
Na wao David -West really needs the ministerial appointment.Baba abeg make u nor disappointed him.
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
989900:

The likes of Alison and NOI go don collect containers of wrist watches, with no one blinking an eye. cheesy
If na only wristwatch make them carry go. There were generally held belief that David West predicament was politically motivated. After wasting resources investigating him they found only wrist watch and yet decided to charge him to court based on that.
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by ajealadick(m): 8:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
omolami:
David west is a man of d past .How many people will he quarrel with in his life time. As a former minister of petroleum he received bribe and IBB jailed him and equally guzetted it. He cannot hold public office agaim till he dies. May be that is why he is bitter with everyone. Why is he the mouthpiece of Buhari in this matter? Ngozi as a patrotic Nigerian and world reknown economist with millions of accollates and Forbes recognition only gave an innocent advice which d likes of Tam David west will hoard an

World renowned indeed. So why has she failed to even hold the economy not to talk about turning it around.

1 Like

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by ceejayluv(m): 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
Crieff:

You and I both know that her hands are not clean...that you do not accept it is entirely your can of worms.
Let's wait for the Almighty Buhari to "probe" her then... Calling and screaming "thief" at her is analogous to calling buhari a boko haram sponsor (even though there are deductive statements that may portray him as a tangential sympathiser)

1 Like

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Fourwinds: 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
godwin120alex:
Time shall tell if Mr. West is critizing in d interest on Naija pple or for political appointment
go and check record. David West did manage our petroleum better dan Diezani Madueke as petroleum minister in 1984. Refinaries were working not like d fuel subsidy fraud Nurtured under dis government....Wicked people
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by ademusiwa5: 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
to create the Western Nigeria dollar will help you maintain same asset value, even when naira is devalue.

the flag of Western nigeria

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by AkoEja: 8:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
Anyone that can stomach the degree of corruption exhibited by Jonathan and his henchmen and women has to be corrupt.
Its even worse if you are in charge of the money.
She could not do it in the world bank because she will be caught and sent to jail, but in Nigeria she knows she will get away with it.

1 Like

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by denedene(m): 8:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
chei hustler alert! oga you no go see minister of petroleum grin
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by supereagle(m): 8:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
Kx:
For 6 years, noi could not advise her boss gej right with those "world class" ideas of her's to turn the fortunes aright,
Instead she witnessed obj doggedly take Nigeria off the league of debtor nations while she midwived gej's insatiable borrowing from the west to drag Nigeria back into the mucky waters of debt.

Who needs an advice from an inconsistent finance minister? God forbid!
Mark you , Soludo and his NEEDS team worked for the debt relief and not Madam .
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Justicealh3(m): 8:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
Thank u sir.
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by olalat(m): 8:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
Chigold101:
can someone tell me what this man wants. Okay... He wants Nigerians to notice him.

David-West has been hiding for past 6years now he has found his feet again.

Or is he afraid that ministry of petroluem will be probed his sins will be discovered therefore he is tryng to enter GMB‘s good book.

From your write up, I can easily deduce that u don't read much if not, u would have read in numerous instances where the prof. Criticized gej. He was even viewed like an outcast in the south south.
Okay na
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Crieff(m): 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
ceejayluv
I strongly resent your choice of words. Modify your post appropriately.
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by meccuno: 8:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
SmartChoices:
grin

Okonjo surprises me... Am amazed at how she climbed so high at the world bank really.... She seems less knowledgeable than a PhD student at the university of Ibadan in matters of Economics ...
and how come the PHD in economics from ibadan are still relatively unknown? In africa,please tell us the position of the school? Most time people talk because they have a mouth opening not because a brain is connected to their head to pass out well thought out words........wonder how a Uni ibadan person would actually reason like a mechanic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by tochstorm(m): 8:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
dunkem21:
more like .. what is a tam david west? can i buy it in a grocery store?
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by tochstorm(m): 8:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
BiHung:
Team #SayNoToMay28Dinner

Nigerians warn GMB....don't enter One Chance
or we will jona him come 2019
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
dunkem21:

if you enter west you go see king david grin grin
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Nicepoker(m): 8:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
PrinceMario:
BREAKING:

PDP TO MERGE WITH APGA,
LABOUR,
PDM,
ACORD,
AA,
SDP,
NCP,
AIT,
NTA,
NSA,
PFN,
CAN,
CBN,
SSCE,
OPC,
HIV,
MASSOB,
UTME, e.t.c ahead of 2019 election.
lol u are high on cheap drugs.
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Dav24(m): 8:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
To me, the expertise of Mrs Okonjo Iweala is only applicable on paper, she can not bust of any practical inpact of her expertise on the living standard of Nigerians. under her watch, we have witnessed the worst depreciation of our naira value, zero external reserve and other hardship that can only be attributed to a dead economy. Truely, we needs all the necessary advise to reshape the economy but i least expected it, at least not from her.
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by illiad: 8:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
SmartChoices:
grin

Okonjo surprises me... Am amazed at how she climbed so high at the world bank really.... She seems less knowledgeable than a PhD student at the university of Ibadan in matters of Economics ...

Not in the entire existence of your lineage shall such a brain be born, Amen!
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by synergycom19: 8:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
Please help us tell her again
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by PAPAPET: 8:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
When such advise is considered right, why has she not given it to GEJ to make use of?
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
Pain:
I think Okonjo is simply overrated
HIGHLY OVERATED!!!
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Jaypea98: 9:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
PrinceMario:
BREAKING:

PDP TO MERGE WITH APGA,
LABOUR,
PDM,
ACORD,
AA,
SDP,
NCP,
AIT,
NTA,
NSA,
PFN,
CAN,
CBN,
SSCE,
OPC,
HIV,
MASSOB,
UTME, e.t.c ahead of 2019 election.
Chae
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by ceejayluv(m): 9:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
Crieff:
ceejayluv
I strongly resent your choice of words. Modify your post appropriately.
Slightly modified the last post. The realities of leadership is gonna hit anyone that grabs the mantle very hard. Nigerians have shown themselves to be impatient and the momentum of freedom of expression, criticisms (constructive or destructive) will not slow down after GMB is sworn in.
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Metrofox(m): 9:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
SmartChoices:
grin

That's what happens in an economy stifled by fraud and corruption.. All your havardian theories turn to dust before your eyes..I sincerely don't think it's her fault grin grin
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Crieff(m): 9:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
ceejayluv:

Slightly modified the last post. The realities of leadership is gonna hit anyone that grabs the mantle very hard. Nigerians have shown themselves to be impatient and the momentum of freedom of expression, criticisms (constructive or destructive) will not slow down after GMB is sworn in.
And therein lies the beauty of it all. The freedom of expression and opinion, rightfully, not absolute, however, it will definitely change, forever too, Nigeria's political landscape. This is a rung we should have climbed way back...better late than never.

On OP's post: D. Mark is a dirty pot calling another kettle black.
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by 1stola: 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
AhmedMustapha:
I believe Dr Iweala is a practical economist in her own right and one of the brains this country has produced in her field, I only feel the system she met doesn't permit her kind of policies with the ravaging corruption in the country. She should have just resigned at least as a matter of principle but it seems the system she was supposed to conquer, conquered her and she is now seen as one of those who took part in the carting away of the country's resources in the last four years. She really has a lot of image remaking to do.
Fùck her!
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by arsenal33: 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2015
megacity:
David West thinks we have forgotten that he was sacked and removed as minister for allegedly collecting bribe

At least what he said is correct. listen to the message

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs / Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) / Buhari To Reduce His 10 Presidential Jets – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.