Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1225323 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
I just need to paste this..... A well articulated writing by one who understands what "the haters are really doing to DCEU"

How the clickbait DCEU hatred is actually helping build the fanbase
JANUARY 10, 2017
For more than 10 months now, critics, bloggers and haters have been dragging Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice through the mud. In fact, they talk about how much they hate it more than they talk about how much they like other movies like Captain America: Civil War. The same has been true for Suicide Squad since its theatrical release last August. 

In fact, three movies in and an entire cacophony of hatred and snark has clouded the very existence of the DC Extended Universe, with so many calling it an abject failure that needs to be shut down and rebooted immediately to be saved from itself. 

Of course, a lot of that hatred could be clickbait driven. After all, the very mention of doom and gloom for the DCEU is enough to get a good argument going among the people on social media. Which brings us to the latest doom and gloom headline for DC's still young cinematic franchise: 

That's three different websites posting the same "story," all of them filled with speculation and opinion based on an unconfirmed rumor that naturally no one can completely verify. Coincidentally, this comes the day after a new image from the Justice League movie was released and on the heels of badly misinterpreted and overanalyzed quotes from Ben Affleck about his solo Batman movie that he continues to be questioned about in the midst of promoting his current movie that already exists, Live By Night. 

What's hilarious about this "Justice League a Mess" rumor is that the last time I heard a rumor about a production that was predicted to be a failure was this one: 

That was last summer after word got out that Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was undergoing massive reshoots for a number of reasons. The Internet panicked for a bit, six full months before the movie was even to be released. 

Rogue One has been out in theaters since December 16th. Here's the latest update on it's "trouble" and "problems": 

Ouch. What a troubled production. I assume Gareth Edwards is disgraced by his near-billion and counting box office total. 

Now here we go again with a silly rumor, eleven months away from the November 17 release date of Justice League that is supposed to whip us into a frenzy yet again about the future of the DCEU being in jeopardy. On the one hand, you can see where the bloggers and haters are coming from because the divide between the critics and the audience over BvS and Suicide Squad has made the DCEU an easy target for clickbait. 

On the other hand, all of this negative attention is really just helping the DCEU build a fanbase at this point. Whether you like the movies or not, the franchise has made $2.286 billion worldwide over just three movies, averaging $762.3 million in ticket sales per movie. That doesn't happen for movies that no one likes at all. Ask Paul Feig about his Ghostbusters reboot on that one. 

Every time one of these negative clickbait stories about the DCEU comes up, it does a few things:

- It keeps the DCEU in constant conversation, giving it free publicity. 

- It angers the fans who actually enjoy the DCEU and causes many of them to outwardly defend the movies. 

- It makes the friends of those fans curious about how and why this franchise could possibly be as bad as these bloggers are saying it is. 

Now, when you are talking about angering a fanbase, remember that this particular fanbase has already spent $2.286 billion at the movie theater alone worldwide to see these movies, and who knows how much they have paid later to own Blu-ray and digital copies for their home theaters and personal use. If these people have already made a sizeable investment in the DCEU and willingly enjoy the product and want more of it, then how exactly do you think they will react to a constant barrage of negative news and rumors being tossed at them? 

Well, first they're going to get mad about it and get into arguments that will have Marvel fans and others calling them "toxic" and "DC shills." Then they're going to take action and do what they've been doing in the first place, which is continue to invest in the franchise at the theater when one of its movies comes out. It doesn't matter how much negative noise you toss at many of them, they think the DCEU is getting a raw deal and if the critics and bloggers won't support it, then they will. That reason alone is why Wonder Woman and Justice League, regardless of reviews, are going to make money. The franchise has a fanbase now and fair or not, they are on the defensive. They have been for almost a full year now.

So what exactly is a negative rumor about Justice League being a mess or the Batman solo movie being delayed supposed to do? Is it really going to stop large amounts of people from going to see them? Is it going to somehow hurt WB and DC's bottom line when it comes to the profitability of their franchise? Or is it just another way to get clicks for desperate bloggers who don't know how to write real news when it actually happens?

Whatever the reason is, it's not damaging the DCEU fanbase one bit. If anything, it is making the fanbase stronger and tougher if such a thing is possible for fans of movies. I've mentioned before that the Transformers movies are completely insulated from absolutely scathing critical reviews because each movie has made more money than the last each time they are released and that's an almost $4 billion franchise through four movies.  Imagine if that franchise had more fans of the cartoon on its side. How much more would it make then? 

That's the situation the DCEU is in. There are fans of the movies alone and fans like myself who embrace the comics as well, and they have all come together because they feel backed into a critical corner by the haters that tell them constantly how bad their movies are, how dark, dreary and badly miscast they are, and how wrong any of the fans are for actually liking them. They have no fact to base this on either, it's just their opinion, the same as it is a DCEU fan's opinion that the franchise is anything but doomed and shouldn't be changed. 

In the unlikely event that right now in January, Justice League is actually "a mess," one would think that eleven months is more than enough time to sort it out and that Ben Affleck wouldn't exactly bolt from his solo Batman movie as a result of it. Speculation is very silly thing to do almost a year away from a movie's release because as Rogue One proved, six months is enough to figure out any issue that might actually exist with a movie......assuming that it's more than a rumor. 

9 LIKES
Newer
Older
Comments (4) Newest First Subscribe via e-mail

Preview POST COMMENT…

DSW
An hour ago · 1 like

SS is a better movie than IM 2 and 3, thor 1 and 2.

great read

Kyp
5 hours ago

That was a great read and you are right in every point. Thank you.

Planet G
6 hours ago

SS is not a bad movie, and it never pretended to be anything more than a fun romp which for the most part it was. It's no more or less memorable than the disposable MCU productions.
But good article. It's all clickbait because there's so many youtubers and websites now competing in the same space many have decided they're TMZ style approach is the most effective way to build brand. As soon as the MCU starts flopping, and it will if it keeps to it's rigid conservative formula, the same will happen. Or maybe not. X-men didn't get any attention with it's continual horrid movies, so maybe as we know, people don't really care about the MCU because frankly nothing memorable has happened in any if them. DCEU has already pushed the envelope with it's sci-fi, score, destruction, Death of Superman, and villains that are complex and intriguing.

DCEU4LIFE!!!!

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 12:21am On Jan 11, 2017

Batman and Superman might have something else that unites them other than their common love of the name Martha: They could dual-dominate the Razzies this year.

The Golden Raspberry Awards released this year’s nominations shortlist. While it’s not the final list of nominees (that gets revealed on January 23), it is an indication of what might’ve been the worst of the worst in 2016. And right now, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is leading the pack with eight nominations. This includes Worst Actor nominations for Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck–the latter of whom (perhaps ironically) was the first recipient of the Razzie Redeemer Award, given to previous Razzie winners who’ve bounced back.

Comic book movies have always had a presence in the Razzies, including last year’s Worst Picture win for Fantastic Four, but 2017 could be the year that scifi, superheroes, and video games dominate the Razzies. The third Divergent flick has six nominations on the list, and Assassin’s Creed is not far behind with five. Ghostbusters is nominated for Worst Screenplay. Even Suicide Squad has nabbed a couple of nominations, including Worst Supporting Actor for Jared Leto’s performance as the Joker.

For me, I’m holding out hope that Gods of Egypt emerges victorious this year. Batman v Superman may suck, but compared to Jaime Lannister and Gerald Butler as Egyptian gods, the superpowered duo is practically golden.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by KealDrogo: 10:55am On Jan 11, 2017
Kaycee7:
Try as I might, I will never understand why people find it so hard to either like both Marvel & DC (Best of Both Worlds, IMO) or like one without hating the other. Why can't you give the Deathstroke news without roping in Deadpool? Guess what? You just gave The Merc With a Mouth free publicity. Someone who never knew him will see your post, google him, end up liking him and watch his movie and follow his comics.
So somebody copied somebody, who cares? Thanks to ingenuity we end up getting two awesome brothers from different mothers. Slade and Wade, the sons of Wilson.
You want realistic, thoughtful and ruthless experience, go to Deathstroke.
You prefer the ridiculous crazy fun and mayhem riddled with inappropriate jokes, go for Deadpool.
Or better still, you like both experiences, you go get them both.
No need for any unnecessary bickering.
Marvel fan you are, guess I strike a nerve. DCEU has been in the receiving end from your likes. Most of you people pan out critics on DC movies aren't good enough, even before they are been released. Though I have reservations on batman vs superman. but it is awesome when their rival copied their ideas and make a movie out of it undecided
I have nothing against Marvel Comics, but the way the media always gave poor critical reviews on DC and at the same time praised virtually every movie from Marvel as superd, has greatly irk me and fellow DCEU fans. So is my right to slate out my own opinion (critics) on any crappy marvel movie, just as the media always do too on DC'S.
By the way copying someone ideas isn't cool. So we care.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 11:28am On Jan 11, 2017
KealDrogo:

Marvel fan you are, guess I strike a nerve. DCEU has been in the receiving end from your likes. Most of you people pan out critics on DC movies aren't good enough, even before they are been released. Though I have reservations on batman vs superman. but it is awesome when their rival copied their ideas and make a movie out of it undecided
I have nothing against Marvel Comics, but the way the media always gave poor critical reviews on DC and at the same time praised virtually every movie from Marvel as superd, has greatly irk me and fellow DCEU fans. So is my right to slate out my own opinion (critics) on any crappy marvel movie, just as the media always do too on DC'S.
By the way copying someone ideas isn't cool. So we care.
I thought it was obvious from my post that I'm a fan of both . What are you still unsure of about BvS? Haven't you seen the extended cut? And BTW, DC has also copied Marvel on occasion. So, in your words, not cool.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by KealDrogo: 1:58pm On Jan 11, 2017
Kaycee7:
I thought it was obvious from my post that I'm a fan of both . What are you still unsure of about BvS? Haven't you seen the extended cut? And BTW, DC has also copied Marvel on occasion. So, in your words, not cool.
Have seen the xtended version; it is long and painful to watch honestly, though it add more depth and explain more with the added scenes. Do you enjoy the fight between superman and batman? Does it make sense batman beating superman to pulp and have to save his life by crying out his mother's name undecided hear what he said "Martha... Martha.. They have Martha.." and he was kinda sobbing. Can you imagine? A whole superman fa! In the fight scenes when batman was using that kryptonite gun do you see how superman was getting hit with the kryptonite gas without even trying to dodge it. I think after being hit with the first one he will try to avoid being hit again but i was wrong, all he those was to flew directly towards the incoming kryptonite bullets and BOOM... He's being hit again. The same way he flew and collide with Doomsday spear grin. Zack synder make superman look really dumb, Henry Cavill should had objected those scripts i swear.
You both fans of the Comic books. Good, yes DC has copied too but on a smaller scale compared to Marv cheesy I love marvel movies too. The winter soldier is my favorite. But DC movies i love more.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:28pm On Jan 11, 2017
KealDrogo:

Have seen the xtended version; it is long and painful to watch honestly, though it add more depth and explain more with the added scenes. Do you enjoy the fight between superman and batman? Does it make sense batman beating superman to pulp and have to save his life by crying out his mother's name undecided hear what he said "Martha... Martha.. They have Martha.." and he was kinda sobbing. Can you imagine? A whole superman fa! In the fight scenes when batman was using that kryptonite gun do you see how superman was getting hit with the kryptonite gas without even trying to dodge it. I think after being hit with the first one he will try to avoid being hit again but i was wrong, all he those was to flew directly towards the incoming kryptonite bullets and BOOM... He's being hit again. The same way he flew and collide with Darkseid spear grin. Zack synder make superman look really dumb, Henry Cavill should had objected those scripts i swear.
You both fans of the Comic books. Good, yes DC has copied too but on a smaller scale compared to Marv cheesy I love marvel movies too. The winter soldier is my favorite. But DC movies i love more.
Superman isn't dumb, he is still a novic
e and still locked up in his shell. In this current iteration of Superman in the DCEU; he doesn't have enemies yet and he doesn't even know what kryptonite is! In short, he doesn't know what is right or wrong. He is a struggling superhero who is just two years on the job. Right from MOS, Superman's fighting style has been that of a farmer that he is because he isn't trained. Try to watch his fight sequences with Zod and Batman, you'll see he was no match for them. Therefore, this Superman is still far from being a superhero. He is on his learning curve because heroes aren't made in a day like some other universe make us believe.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:12pm On Jan 11, 2017
KealDrogo:

Have seen the xtended version; it is long and painful to watch honestly, though it add more depth and explain more with the added scenes. Do you enjoy the fight between superman and batman? Does it make sense batman beating superman to pulp and have to save his life by crying out his mother's name undecided hear what he said "Martha... Martha.. They have Martha.." and he was kinda sobbing. Can you imagine? A whole superman fa! In the fight scenes when batman was using that kryptonite gun do you see how superman was getting hit with the kryptonite gas without even trying to dodge it. I think after being hit with the first one he will try to avoid being hit again but i was wrong, all he those was to flew directly towards the incoming kryptonite bullets and BOOM... He's being hit again. The same way he flew and collide with Doomsday spear grin. Zack synder make superman look really dumb, Henry Cavill should had objected those scripts i swear.

As per the Martha scene, I won't flog the issue here again. I will encourage you to watch this CinemaWins video to understand some of the premise, theme and philosophy of BVS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5S7rjUbC14
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 5:25pm On Jan 11, 2017
TonySpike, thanks for pitching in.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 5:29pm On Jan 11, 2017
TonySpike:

Superman isn't dumb, he is still a novic
e and still locked up in his shell. In this current iteration of Superman in the DCEU; he doesn't have enemies yet and he doesn't even know what kryptonite is! In short, he doesn't know what is right or wrong. He is a struggling superhero who is just two years on the job. Right from MOS, Superman's fighting style has been that of a farmer that he is because he isn't trained. Try to watch his fight sequences with Zod and Batman, you'll see he was no match for them. Therefore, this Superman is still far from being a superhero. He is on his learning curve because heroes aren't made in a day like some other universe make us believe.

Well said!
You don't start walking/running from birth! There is something they called "Learning Curve". No one becomes perfect overnight - and that's why I appreciate Zack's CBM works more than his counterparts elsewhere....
He's the first director to give us a perfectly facsimile of what superhero comics will look like in live movie! I can't forget the vibes I got when watching MOS back then 2013 at the cinema (I practically saw it 3times)!!!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:44pm On Jan 11, 2017
RUMOURS:
1. Jeff Bridges to play Darkseid in Justice League
2. Ares might be the villain in Wonder Woman movie
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 10:33pm On Jan 11, 2017
TonySpike:
RUMOURS:
1. Jeff Bridges to play Darkseid in Justice League
2. Ares might be the villain in Wonder Woman movie
And may it die a rumour.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:46am On Jan 12, 2017
Kaycee7:
And may it die a rumour.
Why? I think Jeff Bridges is a good actor with experience.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 5:58am On Jan 12, 2017
More proof that Ares could be the big bad in the new Wonder Woman movie
0%3
by Damion Damaske | 8 hours ago

The French film magazine Studio Ciné Live has a new report on the new WONDER WOMAN film, which explicitly claims that Ares will indeed be the big bad. Though the issue isn't out yet, thanks to a translation from the site Les Toiles Heroiques, we have an excerpt from it:
Why did Zeus create the Amazons? Because shaping man in his image made his son Ares, incidentally a god of war, mad with jealousy, he convinces the guys to confront each other. To restore harmony between them, Zeus created the Amazons that Ares reduced to slavery. The Amazons revolt with the help of Zeus, who will die of the hand of his son having had time to find Themyscira, their haven of peace where they will grow Diana. (…) Diana Prince becomes Wonder Woman by helping Steve Trevor and a squad of proud arm-in-law in search of one who wants to wipe humanity off the map with deadly gas.
No matter what, take this with a grain of salt, as at this point it is all still just rumor. However, this isn't the first time the idea of Ares as villain was reported, as our very own Paul Shirey reported this scoop close to a year ago. While things have definitely changed since then - such as WWI being the main story and not just a framing device, and the inclusion of Circe - it seems Ares was in the mix from the get go. Hopefully this pans out though, because I want to see Diana kick mythological ass, not just random German dudes.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 6:30am On Jan 12, 2017
TonySpike:

Why? I think Jeff Bridges is a good actor with experience.
I know. I just don't think he'd be good as Darkseid
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:47am On Jan 12, 2017
Still on the DCEU schedule

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by KealDrogo: 6:28pm On Jan 12, 2017
TonySpike:

As per the Martha scene, I won't flog the issue here again. I will encourage you to watch this CinemaWins video to understand some of the premise, theme and philosophy of BVS.

Just finished watching, The author tried but still had doubts. That video has over 10 thousand comments with a lot of opinions and arguments not everyone seems convinced enough. I think we just let this lie. Man of steel still stands out for me compared to BvS.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by KealDrogo: 6:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
Guys here is THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT . The ROCK Dwayne Johnson just announced to be partnering in some upcoming DC movies, though he did not let much out but I think is pertaining to an upcoming Super villain.
https://mbasic.facebook.com/DwayneJohnson/photos/a.448580834383.229946.406433779383/10155130781084384/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2851391148

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by KealDrogo: 8:01pm On Jan 12, 2017
Oh here is it, I'm bit late i guess. This is on Christmas day, Henry cavill upload this

https://mbasic.facebook.com/henrycavill/photos/a.1008459409174915.1073741828.1001896566497866/1312086408812212/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3618077310

The ROCK Is BLACK ADAM.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 11:24pm On Jan 12, 2017
"AS E DEY HOT NAI GOOD PASS"
BREAKING NEWS ABOUT THE GREEN LANTERN MOVIE!!!

Green Lantern Corps Will be Hal Jordan and John Stewart Lethal Weapon Space Story
Kofi Outlaw- 01/12/20177 comments
Start Photo Gallery

In a breaking news announcement, DC Films has confirmed the premise and character plans for its Green Lantern reboot film, Green Lantern Corps. 

Fans have been wondering for some time which of the four earth-bound Green Lanterns from DC Comics lore the film will focus on - and now we know. Green Lantern Corps. will focus on Hal Jordan and John Stewart, in what is described as a "Lethal Weapon in space" story premise. 

Deadline dropped the exclusive on the film's creative team, which is sure to get DC Comics fans in an uproar (Read why HERE). As for the characters at the center of the film? 

Hal Jordan is the most popular and longest-running character in DC Comics Green Latern and Green Latern Corps comics; he was also the featured Lantern in the 2011 Green Lantern movie.

More: Is Ryan Reynolds involved with Green Lantern Corps?

John Stewart is the Green Latern that has had the biggest onscreen impact, as he was the featured Lantern in the 2000s DC Animation Justice League TV series, where he became a big fan-favorite. 

The Lethal Weapon comparison (while being awkwardly on-the-nose, racially) is fitting, in this case. Hal Jordan is a 'devil may care' cocky plane pilot, while John Stewart is a meticulous and disciplined Marine. The two of them have had many moments of friction on the  comic book page, and with the right casting, could definitely the type of banter and buddy-cop arc that movie fans love to see.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:03am On Jan 13, 2017
kryptonian1987:
"AS E DEY HOT NAI GOOD PASS"
BREAKING NEWS ABOUT THE GREEN LANTERN MOVIE!!!

Green Lantern Corps Will be Hal Jordan and John Stewart Lethal Weapon Space Story
Kofi Outlaw- 01/12/20177 comments
Start Photo Gallery

In a breaking news announcement, DC Films has confirmed the premise and character plans for its Green Lantern reboot film, Green Lantern Corps. 

Fans have been wondering for some time which of the four earth-bound Green Lanterns from DC Comics lore the film will focus on - and now we know. Green Lantern Corps. will focus on Hal Jordan and John Stewart, in what is described as a "Lethal Weapon in space" story premise. 

Deadline dropped the exclusive on the film's creative team, which is sure to get DC Comics fans in an uproar (Read why HERE). As for the characters at the center of the film? 

Hal Jordan is the most popular and longest-running character in DC Comics Green Latern and Green Latern Corps comics; he was also the featured Lantern in the 2011 Green Lantern movie.

More: Is Ryan Reynolds involved with Green Lantern Corps?

John Stewart is the Green Latern that has had the biggest onscreen impact, as he was the featured Lantern in the 2000s DC Animation Justice League TV series, where he became a big fan-favorite. 

The Lethal Weapon comparison (while being awkwardly on-the-nose, racially) is fitting, in this case. Hal Jordan is a 'devil may care' cocky plane pilot, while John Stewart is a meticulous and disciplined Marine. The two of them have had many moments of friction on the  comic book page, and with the right casting, could definitely the type of banter and buddy-cop arc that movie fans love to see. 

I hope Geoff Johns and Greg Berlanti will keep out of this new green lantern project. They ruined the last green lantern movie with mediocrity and campiness.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 12:53pm On Jan 13, 2017
KealDrogo:
Guys here is THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT . The ROCK Dwayne Johnson just announced to be partnering in some upcoming DC movies, though he did not let much out but I think is pertaining to an upcoming Super villain.
https://mbasic.facebook.com/DwayneJohnson/photos/a.448580834383.229946.406433779383/10155130781084384/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2851391148

this has been a known fact all last year
Hes playing Black Adam
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 2:32pm On Jan 13, 2017
TonySpike:

I hope Geoff Johns and Greg Berlanti will keep out of this new green lantern project. They ruined the last green lantern movie with mediocrity and campiness.

I don't think Geoff Johns was part of those who produced GL... Moreover they probably must've learnt their lessons... grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2017
kryptonian1987:

I don't think Geoff Johns was part of those who produced GL... Moreover they probably must've learnt their lessons... grin

He was co-producer and creative consultant of Green Lantern in 2011. I guess somebody edited his name out on the Green Lantern wikipedia page because I saw it earlier.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 4:58pm On Jan 13, 2017
TonySpike:

He was co-producer and creative consultant of Green Lantern in 2011. I guess somebody edited his name out on the Green Lantern wikipedia page because I saw it earlier.

Kk. All again, him and others must ve learnt something....
They should take enough time to give us a well befitting story and visual (here I trust my boss Zack, he will do 1000% justice to it) artistic graphics before casting their characters!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2017
kryptonian1987:

Kk. All again, him and others must ve learnt something....
They should take enough time to give us a well befitting story and visual (here I trust my boss Zack, he will do 1000% justice to it) artistic graphics before casting their characters!!

I'm not sure Zack Snyder would be involved in all other DC projects. If I don't see his name in the Flash and Aquaman production, then he might not be included in Green Lantern production. Let's wait and see how WB handles other DC films without Snyder.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 7:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
TonySpike:

I'm not sure Zack Snyder would be involved in all other DC projects. If I don't see him name in the Flash and Aquaman production, then he might not be included in Green Lantern production. Let's wait and see how WB handles other DC films without Snyder.

honest truth though.
I still believe Zack will be instrumental to all DCEU movies. Remember his comment on "Mother-box"? How he planned the intertwined of WB's DCEU.... This alone makes me feel he will still keep contributing his quota....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by KealDrogo: 11:04am On Jan 14, 2017
Posman:

this has been a known fact all last year
Hes playing Black Adam
Yes he will play BLACK ADAM. The most most dangerous men on earth. Henry cavill post this on Christmas day.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2017
TonySpike:

Watching this video just makes me really mad at the studios for their interference. Would it not have been better to release the full awesome vision of Zack Snyder than to release that theatrical gibberish that they gave us? It doesn't matter if the movie was 3 hours long, as long as it's a good movie word of mouth will have audiences returning to see it. To me, this is a movie that could have easily hit the $1,000,000,000 mark like some of us projected. It's freaking Batman & Superman put some respect on the name! Some of us were scarred by what we watched until we saw the ultimate edition, and u know what they say about first impressions? Sometimes there's no second chance...

Zack Synder on the other hand is a director I have so much faith in, especially from the first day that I watched the movie 300. That was a classic both visually and narratively. And then I watched The Watchmen. I had never heard of them before but when I figured out it was a DC flick I settled in nicely, being a fan and all. Watchmen ended up being one of my best superhero movie ever (top 3). I've watched that movie close to 20 times ('You all don't seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!' – Rorschach) Not jobless, but the movie literally swallows me up, I became immersed in the DC world, and I fell more in love with Zack Snyder. It really pains me that the movie is so underrated. I even watched it a few years after its theatrical debut. That movie is over 2 hours long as well, Snyder style.

Didn't much like Man of Steel (seen his origin story a billion times biko), but I loved the fight scenes between him and the kryponians. When people complain that the fight was too destructive I wonder what they're talking about. This is Superman for Christ's sakes! To him our world is made out of cardboard and the movie depicted it as such. I loved that the repercussions and ripple effect of all that happened in MoS spilled into BvS, there's some serious storytelling going on that deviates from the more simplistic storytelling style Marvel employs. I saw Suicide Squad and I loved how Batman was depicted in it. I daresay we are getting the best cinematic Batman the world has ever seen. Yes offence to Christian Bale! I've always hated his own iteration of Batman but I find that I'm in the minority on this so I keep quiet cheesy cheesy

The annoying voice, the gidigbo style of fighting, realism my hairy arse.

Zack > Nolan cheesy

Also whoever composed Wonder Woman's soundtrack is definitely on drug.s. Do.pe!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 2:11pm On Jan 14, 2017
TonySpike:

These guys really made me hate The Flash and Arrow.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
waywardpikin:

These guys really made me hate The Flash and Arrow.
Greg Berlanti is the executive producer of all DC TV shows except Gotham. Guess what? I love Gotham because of its mature take on villains compared to Berlanti's take on Flash, Arrow, Super girl e.t.c. It's only Legend of Tomorrow I'm enjoying these days though.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
All scenes featuring "THE FLASH" so far in the DCEU...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVwn8-NioQE
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by yondiamekenpach: 5:15pm On Jan 17, 2017
New Justice League Dark Clip Is Simply Magical

From the look of it, WB intends to kick off 2017 in style as the first of several DC animated films to arrive this year charts bold new territory with Justice League Dark.

Aside from being granted an R-rating, what makes this one different from previous Justice League offerings is that it shifts the focus (for the most part) to characters who specialize in dealing with magic and/or occult elements. So rest assured that John Constantine, Deadman, Swamp Thing, Zatanna and Etrigan will all get ample screentime.

In the newly released clip, it becomes apparent that the usual suspects may not be equipped to handle the emerging threat. But before Batman sets out to gather the aforementioned specialists, you’ll witness a level of stubbornness only few can display. It’s well known that he isn’t too fond of magic and we expect this movie to take full advantage of his peeve, but hopefully not getting overly comedic with it.
Justice League Dark will be made available on Digital HD on January 24, with the Blu-Ray and DVD releases following on February 7. In the meantime, be sure to check out the official synopsis below in addition to a couple new images courtesy of Collider.

When innocent civilians begin committing unthinkable crimes across Metropolis, Gotham City and beyond, Batman must call upon mystical counterparts to eradicate this demonic threat to the planet. Enter Justice League Dark, reluctantly led by the Hellblazer himself, John Constantine. Like Batman, Constantine is a cunning, often cynical loner who is the best at his chosen profession – but quickly realizes the sinister forces plaguing the planet will require help from other supernatural alliances. Forming a new “league” with sorceress Zatanna, otherworldly Deadman, and Jason Blood and his powerful alter ego Etrigan the Demon, this team of Dark Arts specialists must unravel the mystery of Earth’s supernatural plague and contend with the rising, powerful villainous forces behind the siege – before it’s too late for all of mankind.

oh and also Green lantern is here tooo *the black one off course*

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.