Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,391 members, 7,808,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1225773 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2017
TonySpike:
I want to take back my prediction on Wonder Woman earnings. It has now overtaken Suicide Squad in earnings and has now earned $745.8 million globally. At this rate, it might hit $800 million before it finally completes its box office runs.
seriously? 745? My God.

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 8:33am On Jul 10, 2017
Finished Wonder Woman.
And Patty Jenkins nailed it. 3 minutes in and we get our first set-piece stunt. Then the story unfolds. From precocious little girl to a headstrong young lady who feels she knows it all. Then leaves her "little" village for the big city and begins to learn how different things are. Experiences new feelings and meets new, different people. Finds a cause to fight for. And ultimately learns that things aren't always what they seem.

Gal Gadot cleared all doubts I had pre-release. From smart, well educated woman to awesome kick-ass warrior, she delivers the goods in top quality. This is her best performance to date, IMO.

Chris Pine was one of the few actors who I would trust to convincingly portray Steve Trevor and he didn't disappoint. Managing to display both the character's roguish, playboy attitude and patriotic, heroic personality without one offsetting the other.

Connie Nelson and Robin Wright also deliver as Amazon queen and battle-hardened general respectively. Nelson oozing queenly grace and wisdom while still being fierce with a sword. Wright's Antiope intrigued me as the aunt you flout mum's orders with and also vicious trainer, irrespective of who you are. And wowed me with her artistry in battle. Her death shocked me. Hope we get to see her again.

Said Tamaghoui, Ewen Brewmer & Eugene Brave Rock were entertaining as Sameer, Charlie and Chief respectively, while still managing to be interesting and informative as a study of the period the story is set and as war survivors.

Danny Huston and Elena Anaya portrayed the secondary villains Gen. Ludendorff and Isabel "Dr Poison" Mary. And they both portrayed an insight into the dark side of man.

David Thewlis didn't really fool me all the way as Sir Patrick, though I didn't suspect he was Ares until much later, I didn't trust his peaceful armistice. But while he may not have been convincing as Sir Patrick, Thewlis was badass as Ares. Had me wondering how Diana was going to beat him, for a sec.

All in all, the film was great. There will definitely be a few faults for nitpickers. But anybody bashing this movie should please go and make his own. I'll even donate on Kickstarter.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by zeongeon: 9:49am On Jul 12, 2017
The Wonder Woman movie is just so good and has saved DC fans. As its stands the Wonder Woman movie is far better than most marvel movies from the story, to the fight sequence, dialogue and the actress that played Wonder Woman.

DC did well in the character play and development as Diana was like child when she came to the world of men all naive, innocent and depending all what she read in books and stories she has been told.

Then she really promoted feminism and girl power no wonder many ladies like the movie and have even gone to buy WW costumes. Diana came at the time when women had no voice and wasnt even allowed to be in the mist of male gathering not to talk of speaking. Then the scene when she gave the men motivation to go through the enemy field under heavy fire. Then the scene she took out that sniper in the tower that had the part of the building coming down and she emerging from the rubbles at the top of the building and men, children and women looking up to and at her that scene depicts "The rise of women".

In all WW was the bomb and I hope JL lives up to and beyond the mark Wonder Woman has set.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:51am On Jul 12, 2017
The new DCEU intro. Beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSaNkWiLowQ

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2017
Very Apt!

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2017
Just a mashed-up video of the third act of Wonder Woman movie. Spoilers for those who haven't watched this movie (like myself).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ-Vk6nEDq8&t=20s
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
Even deadpool could not but acknowledge Wonder Woman's domination at the US box office.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:23am On Jul 13, 2017
New leaks for SDCC, TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. From Reddit DCEU_Leaks. This is a overview of what may or may not happen at SDCC take with grain of salt.

Justice League:
The 2nd Justice League trailer will be shown. Superman will be mentioned all throughout the trailer. First look at SteppenWolf. Looks like his comicbook counterpart and not that lego figure. He has his iconic red accents (red horns, red skull belt. You can clearly see Ciarán Hinds ) he has both his axe and sword at hand in the trailer attacking the water (he is floating and then smiles and attacks) . Atlantis is shown a lot, its under attack we get a glimpse of a Mera using her powers. We sea Aquaman suiting up with his armour and blasts to the surface.
We have montages of the League member kicking some Parademon ass.
Cyborg's CGI LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER it looks a lot better than the last trailer, its kinda like General Zod's armour you'll wouldn't expect it to be cgi but it is. And it looks like Cyborg finally has a base design template, it doesn't look like random all over the place design the normal version his chest and abdomen
We see Batman landing on some Parademon while Flash speeds in and destroys them.
There's this cool scene with Flash and Aquaman. Flash super speeds with this Parademon and then throws the Parademon right into Aquaman really nerdgasmic scene.
There's's this weird tension between Aquaman and Wonder Woman; like they've met before but hated each other.
We have that iconic roof top scene which Flash coming back and seeing everyone left while Gordon is alone (read set visits)

Wonder Woman-
Patty will confirm that she will be directing the Wonder Woman sequel. Warner Brothers are pushing a 2019 release date but Patty is wanting WW2 to come after MoS2.

Aquaman-
People will honestly freak out the most to this when they see it. We will be getting the Cinema Con footage with a lot more additional footage. People will notice that Aquaman's Trident looks different it's still 5 points but the 3 points in thee middle are a big larger and the 2 points on the side are smaller the colour of the trident is a Goldish Silver colour, there's Atlantean (maybe) words scripts all over the Trident. First looks at Black Manta, Orm, Vulko, Queen Atlanna, Nereus are also expected.
There's BTS real that will be shown, shows all the cast in their costumes and training.

Future DC Movies-
WB may or may not show an updated slate
WB are wanting to wait how Justice League performs to update the slate. The Flash movie is next on WB Radar and may release in 2019 they have found a director.
MoS 2 is said to get a 2019 release date
GSC is actually not being pushed heavily may actually come out until 2020, no word on SS2.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:59am On Jul 13, 2017
TonySpike:
New leaks for SDCC, TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. From Reddit DCEU_Leaks. This is a overview of what may or may not happen at SDCC take with grain of salt.

Justice League:
The 2nd Justice League trailer will be shown. Superman will be mentioned all throughout the trailer. First look at SteppenWolf. Looks like his comicbook counterpart and not that lego figure. He has his iconic red accents (red horns, red skull belt. You can clearly see Ciarán Hinds ) he has both his axe and sword at hand in the trailer attacking the water (he is floating and then smiles and attacks) . Atlantis is shown a lot, its under attack we get a glimpse of a Mera using her powers. We sea Aquaman suiting up with his armour and blasts to the surface.
We have montages of the League member kicking some Parademon ass.
Cyborg's CGI LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER it looks a lot better than the last trailer, its kinda like General Zod's armour you'll wouldn't expect it to be cgi but it is. And it looks like Cyborg finally has a base design template, it doesn't look like random all over the place design the normal version his chest and abdomen
We see Batman landing on some Parademon while Flash speeds in and destroys them.
There's this cool scene with Flash and Aquaman. Flash super speeds with this Parademon and then throws the Parademon right into Aquaman really nerdgasmic scene.
There's's this weird tension between Aquaman and Wonder Woman; like they've met before but hated each other.
We have that iconic roof top scene which Flash coming back and seeing everyone left while Gordon is alone (read set visits)

Wonder Woman-
Patty will confirm that she will be directing the Wonder Woman sequel. Warner Brothers are pushing a 2019 release date but Patty is wanting WW2 to come after MoS2.

Aquaman-
People will honestly freak out the most to this when they see it. We will be getting the Cinema Con footage with a lot more additional footage. People will notice that Aquaman's Trident looks different it's still 5 points but the 3 points in thee middle are a big larger and the 2 points on the side are smaller the colour of the trident is a Goldish Silver colour, there's Atlantean (maybe) words scripts all over the Trident. First looks at Black Manta, Orm, Vulko, Queen Atlanna, Nereus are also expected.
There's BTS real that will be shown, shows all the cast in their costumes and training.

Future DC Movies-
WB may or may not show an updated slate
WB are wanting to wait how Justice League performs to update the slate. The Flash movie is next on WB Radar and may release in 2019 they have found a director.
MoS 2 is said to get a 2019 release date
GSC is actually not being pushed heavily may actually come out until 2020, no word on SS2.
in Jesse Eisenberg's voice "the sdcc is coming. The sdcc is coming"
Thats how it starts, the fever, the hype, the feeling of powerlessness that turns fans, nerds.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:42am On Jul 14, 2017
New promotional image for Justice League was released yesterday.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by forreelinc(m): 11:59am On Jul 14, 2017
angry damn! Just when wonderwoman was digging dceu out from the dirt Spiderman had to swoop in with his awesomeness and take a dump on them
C'mon mcu aren't yall tired of winning all the time?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 12:07pm On Jul 14, 2017
forreelinc:
angry damn! Just when wonderwoman was digging dceu out from the dirt Spiderman had to swoop in with his awesomeness and take a dump on them
C'mon mcu aren't yall tired of winning all the time?

How did Homecoming take a dump on DC?

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
waywardpikin:

How did Homecoming take a dump on DC?

Homecoming just started its box office run and there's no way of knowing how well it will eventually perform in the long run. By the way, Wonder Wonder is still yet to open in Japan. Good news!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2017
TonySpike:

Homecoming just started its box office run and there's no way of knowing how well it will eventually perform in the long run. By the way, Wonder Wonder is still yet to open in Japan. Good news!
i kinda pity homecoming though. It has alot of competiti0ns c0ming up. The hyped planet of apes and s0me i can't remember.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
Minemrys:

i kinda pity homecoming though. It has alot of competiti0ns c0ming up. The hyped planet of apes and s0me i can't remember.

It must be Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk. I heard it might have a perfect score of metacritic. That's one hell of a strong box office competitor. Let's see how far Iron Man helps that movie...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 3:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
Minemrys:

The trailer for War for the Planet of the Apes is one of the most epic trailers I've seen this year. I think it might be end up being the best instalment in the franchise. TBH, I've never really been stoked for Spiderman: Homecoming. Any love I had for Spiderman as a superhero died when they introduced Andrew Garfield's Amazing Spiderman. I know Homecoming will definitely be better than that crapfest tho. However, superhero fatigue is real.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:08pm On Jul 14, 2017
Dunkirk will premiere next week Thursday. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:14pm On Jul 14, 2017
waywardpikin:

The trailer for War for the Planet of the Apes is one of the most epic trailers I've seen this year. I think it might be end up being the best instalment in the franchise. TBH, I've never really been stoked for Spiderman: Homecoming. Any love I had for Spiderman as a superhero died when they introduced Andrew Garfield's Amazing Spiderman. I know Homecoming will definitely be better than that crapfest tho. However, superhero fatigue is real.
General Zod: "you are n0t al0ne" i too never saw the need for a spiderman film. Bleep, we just had garfield's peter 3 years ago after maguire's best installment, do we really need spiderman n0w? Imagine if it was a DC film, what would the media say? Thats one of the reas0ns wb aint in a rush to make a flash film. I see n0thing special with h0mec0ming. We see stark in every film, so whats new with that? Lets see how the film does though. I could care less for a spiderman film than i would an epis0de of supergirl. Many of my guys d0n't even like t0m h0lland's take, and c0nsidering an age of superhero films, people would wanna have a break once films like dunkirk c0mes. I even fear for JL cos of kingsmen gold circle.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2017
TonySpike:

It must be Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk. I heard it might have a perfect score of metacritic. That's one hell of a strong box office competitor. Let's see how far Iron Man helps that movie...
i guess this may be one of the times disney would realise ir0n man can't really do everything. RDJ should start l0oking for other projects to prove he still got d box office draw once disney's through with him. Else, chris reeves scenerio.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
TonySpike:
Dunkirk will premiere next week Thursday. grin
oh my, lord n0lan is up0n us. He is here. Hail n0lan! Spidey's got s0me c0mpetiti0n n0w.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 8:45pm On Jul 14, 2017
Minemrys:

i guess this may be one of the times disney would realise ir0n man can't really do everything. RDJ should start l0oking for other projects to prove he still got d box office draw once disney's through with him. Else, chris reeves scenerio.

There's always Sherlock Holmes to run to. He was brilliant in that.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
waywardpikin:

There's always Sherlock Holmes to run to. He was brilliant in that.
yea i guess he is.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
I eventually got to watch Wonder Woman today. It is a relaxed, generic and uncomplicated movie. I personally think they played it safe in different scenes of the movie. The cinematography was okay but the third act wasn't appealing as expected. I think the views of Ares as a god should have been more explored throughout the ages. It would have justified the third act more conveniently. Also, I missed the usual philosophical dialogues which can be seen in Snyder's films; it was clearly lacking in this movie. I'd rate the movie 7.5/10 for its straightforward plot. I hope Justice League gives me something to ponder about in terms of philosophy.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
In terms of rewatchability factor for DCEU movies so far, my ranking is as follows:

1. Batman v Superman (Ultimate Edition)
2. Man of Steel
3. Wonder Woman
4. Suicide Squad

I'm hoping Justice League will be at the top of the list by the time it is released. Warner Bros be warned, don't dumb down DCEU movies!!!

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
TonySpike:
I eventually got to watch Wonder Woman today. It is a relaxed, generic and uncomplicated movie. I personally think they played it safe in different scenes of the movie. The cinematography was okay but the third act wasn't appealing as expected. I think the views of Ares as a god should have been more explored throughout the ages. It would have justified the third act more conveniently. Also, I missed the usual philosophical dialogues which can be seen in Snyder's films; it was clearly lacking in this movie. I'd rate the movie 7.5/10 for its straightforward plot. I hope Justice League gives me something to ponder about in terms of philosophy.
finally, s0me0ne has my view point. S0me0ne gets what i said earlier abt the m0vie. Its generic.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
TonySpike:
In terms of rewatchability factor for DCEU movies so far, my ranking is as follows:

1. Batman v Superman (Ultimate Edition)
2. Man of Steel
3. Wonder Woman
4. Suicide Squad

I'm hoping Justice League will be at the top of the list by the time it is released. Warner Bros be warned, don't dumb down DCEU movies!!!
i seriously hope they d0n't, and thats why am glad Matt Reeves and the Aquaman director have total creative c0ntr0l.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2017
War for the planet of the apes brought the fight to spiderman homecoming. I hope it survives the symian virus or caesar to have mercy on it. Oups, Dunkirk is c0ming with its own fight, and lord n0lan is never kn0wn to lo0se. The battle for the box office begins. Who will win? Peter Park and Stark? Caesar? Or Lord Nolan? Place your bets.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 7:19pm On Jul 16, 2017
Minemrys:
War for the planet of the apes brought the fight to spiderman homecoming. I hope it survives the symian virus or caesar to have mercy on it. Oups, Dunkirk is c0ming with its own fight, and lord n0lan is never kn0wn to lo0se. The battle for the box office begins. Who will win? Peter Park and Stark? Caesar? Or Lord Nolan? Place your bets.
One can see the joy you have about spiderman's competition.. Bro this thing is not that deep o

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2017
badinfluence:

One can see the joy you have about spiderman's competition.. Bro this thing is not that deep o
lol no joy bro, jux catching fun. badinfluence long time oh.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 3:21am On Jul 18, 2017
Minemrys:

Spiderman not doing so good

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:15am On Jul 18, 2017
I don't know if the Aquaman movie already has a theme composer yet. I really think Ramin Djawadi should be considered firstly because he has worked closely with Hans Zimmer for years. Secondly, he has produced outstanding themes for Game of Thrones and Westworld, two great TV shows of this century.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by edkai: 2:55am On Jul 19, 2017
Hello fellow movie lovers...please this young damsel needs a favour from you guys. She vying for a scholarship to be trained at the Royal Arts Academy under the mentorship of Emem Isong. All she asking for is that you spare at least a minute of your time to visit this link and place a vote for her. She is smart, and intelligent. You will be helping her in taking a step closer to her dream....
http://www.thesparkng.com/rookie-contest/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=54772

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.