Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:18 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1201688 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2017
efilimu:
Can you get my message. With Snyder, its either mediocre reviews or under performing films at the box office.
All I see is you downplaying the few successes of a hardworking director just so you can sound intelligent. And it's not working.
Snyder might have some failures, but he has also had successes. 300 is one of my best action movies of all time. Watchmen is an awesome superhero movie to many people I know. Are you the only person with access to Snyder's track record? If he was as horrible as you're portraying him, do you think WB would have hired him?

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by dhex(m): 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2017
efilimu:
60% on RT means mediocre reviews: almost same situation with MOS
I call bs on this , most 60% reviews on rt aren't mediocre a lot of great movies have had 60 % or less on rt, if rt was the gold standard on how good a movie is then , a lot of movies are trash
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2017
Kaycee7:
All I see is you downplaying the few successes of a hardworking director just so you can sound intelligent. And it's not working.
Snyder might have some failures, but he has also had successes. 300 is one of my best action movies of all time. Watchmen is an awesome superhero movie to many people I know. Are you the only person with access to Snyder's track record? If he was as horrible as you're portraying him, do you think WB would have hired him?
The Watchmen that is an awesome movie to many people, how much did it make at the BO. Why didn't that "same many people" pay to see it at the cinemas and as a result increase its BO office earnings. And thank God you used the word "you" when referring to 300. Because you liked it does not mean others did.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2017
dhex:
I call bs on this , most 60% reviews on rt aren't mediocre a lot of great movies have had 60 % or less on rt, if rt was the gold standard on how good a movie is then , a lot of movies are trash
Example?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by dhex(m): 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2017
Blade runner is considered one of the greatest sci-fi movies ever made, yet when it came out it couldn't make its budget back, the amount a movie makes at the box office doesn't determine how good it is, BTW watchmen was a GOOD movie , but Zack sunder literally took the scenes out of the comics and made them a little too real, bit pple still love it
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by dhex(m): 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2017
efilimu:
Example?
Jennifer's body
Universal soldier
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by toluxe0075: 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2017
efilimu:
The Watchmen that is an awesome movie to many people, how much did it make at the BO. Why didn't that "same many people" pay to see it at the cinemas and as a result increase its BO office earnings. And thank God you used the word "you" when referring to 300. Because you liked it does not mean others did.

You're just proving him right, the fact you didn't enjoy BvS or synders work doesn't mean others do not enjoy them. Besides, the way you keep hammering on rotten tomatoes and box office to determine how good a movie is seems overemphasized to me. There are movies that bombed at the box office but are well acclaimed by the critics. There are also movies that did well at the box office but condemned by critics. Our enjoyment of movie is subjective which is usually based on what we expect from a movie or the surprises such movie bring with it. Thus, if you keep letting box office, rotten tomatoes and critics to dictate movies for you, you may end up not seeing any movie.
Besides, critics criticize to remain relevant,thus, they may be wrong at times.(cloud atlas, blade runner, saw comes to mind).

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by toluxe0075: 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2017
It's becoming tiring that people keep criticizing the tone of synders movie or his style. I'm very sure if Christopher Nolan due to his antecedent had presented this same synders BvS, critics and fans would have end up praising him perhaps for the tonal and vision differences from McU, just as they are praising Dunkirk right now. it seems some people after seeing a movie are waiting for what critics have to say before they decide on their own opinion about a movie. I guess most people were used to the conventional humour laden and action packed marvel superhero movies ( since avengers and some other marvel movies came out before any of the DCeU movies), thus they find a more serious superhero movie to be boring. When I first saw the the theatric version of BvS I found it to be bad, I was expecting more since I found man of steel to be a solid start for Dceu. But when I got to see the ultimate edition, I had to swallow some of the terrible things I said about the movie. I'm sure wb have learnt their lesson for distorting a director's vision for a movie. I guess they felt an over 3 hours movie will stop normal cinema goer from seeing a movie, maybe they fail to see the success Lords of the rings trilogy had even though it's over 3h. As for me, I enjoyed Snyder's philosophical approach to superhero movies rather than the conventional straight to action approach. For now, his movie may look shitty to some people, but with time more people will get to appreciate it ( just as people have come to appreciate 13th warrior, fight club, Shawshank redemption etc), movies like avengers(MCU fans pardon me) will become watered-down, just like the earlier Superman movies. But I agree that every other DCeu superhero movies should not have the same tone with man of steel and BvS. Flash, green lantern, Shazam can have a lighter tone, but i don't expect a movie on Batman to be anything drained down with side jokes, in fact warner bros will be shooting themselves on the leg. Nolan has already shown us what a batman movie should be. The only reason wonder woman got away with this is because there is no female superhero movie to serve as a yardstick.

5 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:40pm On Aug 12, 2017
Kingrapha:
a doctor strange movie out grossing a high budget supes movie
could dr. Strange have d0ne that before the mcu came together? Heck, M0s made m0re than ir0n man part 1, i guess ir0n man underperformed then. What do u have to say abt that?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:43pm On Aug 12, 2017
Kingrapha:
the fact that the Superman returns movie was stupid does not give mos the right to gross less than 700 mil with a budget of over 200 mil and the 3rd most popular and loved superhero in the world i loved mos but i dont give excuses it underperformed....
wow then i guess batman begins or ir0n man or captain america under performed then for n0t crossing 700 milli0n at the BO.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:51pm On Aug 12, 2017
Kingrapha:
under johns you had the first "successful" movie
filmed when snyder was still in charge and even had its story fr0m him. Patty even said it, there were no deleted scenes or alternate cuts to the original story, so what do u have to say about that?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:39pm On Aug 12, 2017
efilimu:
how c0me the transformers films were able to make billi0ns even when people hated them?

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 9:21am On Aug 13, 2017
If James Cameron can learn things from Zack's work and can also praised his work, then I don't need any critics approval to determine if his works are good or bad.
For me, Zack is definitely occupying 3rd position for the best modern director off all time. James Cameron 1st, Peter Jackson 2nd and Zack 3rd. hate my ranking or not....thats my opinion. I called them "THE TRINITY"
Pls wake me when James praises any of MCU's director...lol
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by dhex(m): 11:05am On Aug 13, 2017
Minemrys:

filmed when snyder was still in charge and even had its story fr0m him. Patty even said it, there were no deleted scenes or alternate cuts to the original story, so what do u have to say about that?
Everyone seems to forget synder and John wrote the script for wonder woman, men wrote that script MEN
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by dhex(m): 11:07am On Aug 13, 2017
kryptonian1987:
If James Cameron can learn things from Zack's work and can also praised his work, then I don't need any critics approval to determine if his works are good or bad.
For me, Zack is definitely occupying 3rd position for the best modern director off all time. James Cameron 1st, Peter Jackson 2nd and Zack 3rd. hate my ranking or not....thats my opinion. I called them "THE TRINITY"
Ur list make sense but it doesn't include their king, Quentin Taranino

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by dhex(m): 11:07am On Aug 13, 2017
kryptonian1987:
Ur list make sense but it doesn't include their king, Quentin Tarantino
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 10:40am On Aug 14, 2017
Minemrys:

wow then i guess batman begins or ir0n man or captain america under performed then for n0t crossing 700 milli0n at the BO.
it underperformed because of the potential it had with a massive opening weekend 116m usd same with homecoming but managed to rally about 200+ in d us b.o ..... Come 200 + from an opening weekend of 116m is disappointing
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 10:50am On Aug 14, 2017
kryptonian1987:

Seriously is this a joke..... Pls

Sir Ridley scott
Steven Spielberg
Christopher Nolan
Martin Scorsese
Quentin Tarantino
David fincher
Clint Eastwood
Francis Ford Coppola
Woody Allen
J.J Abrams.
Quentin Tarantino
Guy Ritchie
Robert Zemeckis
M. Night Shyamalan
Frank Darabont

Dafuq is wrong with this thread and its snyderbots the dude doesnt have an oscar and not one universally successful movie and suddenly he is the third? Can you hear yourself...hell even matt reeves, james wan, joss whedon, Matthew Vaughn are all better directors than snyder... Seriously

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by xtin007(m): 11:13am On Aug 14, 2017
kryptonian1987:
Synder may be a good director but cmon placing him in 3rd position of the best modern director of all time seems far fetch.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 11:28am On Aug 14, 2017
xtin007:

Synder may be a good director but cmon placing him in 3rd position of the best modern director of all time seems far fetch.
he's not even top 25
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2017
Kingrapha:

Seriously is this a joke..... Pls

Sir Ridley scott
Steven Spielberg
Christopher Nolan
Martin Scorsese
Quentin Tarantino
David fincher
Clint Eastwood
Francis Ford Coppola
Woody Allen
J.J Abrams.
Quentin Tarantino
Guy Ritchie
Robert Zemeckis
M. Night Shyamalan
Frank Darabont

Dafuq is wrong with this thread and its snyderbots the dude doesnt have an oscar and not one universally successful movie and suddenly he is the third? Can you hear yourself...hell even matt reeves, james wan, joss whedon, Matthew Vaughn are all better directors than snyder... Seriously
You should learn to ignore because as you've said it before, they're Snyderbots. Just ignore.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2017
Kingrapha:
he's not even top 25
He isn't in my top 50.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by dhex(m): 2:54pm On Aug 14, 2017
I am tired of this thread already, everyone just making point that don't make sense, synder is a good director , yes his foray into comic book movies hasn't been successfully, but that doesn't make him a bad director, and judging a director or actor by his Oscar wins or rotten tomato score is just ignorant. Movies are made to entertain people and make money, movie execs don't really care if you enjoy the movie or not ,they care about the money, synder makes them money, and he hasn't made a movie that didn't make money, you know why, because he is a good movie-maker

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2017
dhex:
I am tired of this thread already, everyone just making point that don't make sense, synder is a good director , yes his foray into comic book movies hasn't been successfully, but that doesn't make him a bad director, and judging a director or actor by his Oscar wins or rotten tomato score is just ignorant. Movies are made to entertain people and make money, movie execs don't really care if you enjoy the movie or not ,they care about the money, synder makes them money, and he hasn't made a movie that didn't make money, you know why, because he is a good movie-maker

Well said!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2017
I just finished watching this Superman vs Zod featurette and It blows my mind. Some peeps have never even touched a camera before to shoot a short film yet they attack this man. Isn't that ridiculous? Painting someone's life work and skill as very very bad is very shallow and childish.

#HailSnydra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfGOII18cO4

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2017
dhex:
"He hasn't made a movie that didn't make money" Uhmm, Watchmen and Legend of the guardians: owls of ga hoole comes to mind.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2017
Lets stop these Snyder talks already, shall we?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:16pm On Aug 14, 2017
efilimu:

"He hasn't made a movie that didn't make money" Uhmm, Watchmen and Legend of the guardians: owls of ga hoole comes to mind.

Where is the movie you have directed/produced? I wanna watch it ASAP!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2017
I like saying the truth..... Snyder is good hell, he's very good but not the best not even close and i will not say otherwise because am a dc fan..... Its hypocritical...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
TonySpike:
I just finished watching this Superman vs Zod featurette and It blows my mind. Some peeps have never even touched a camera before to shoot a short film yet they attack this man. Isn't that ridiculous? Painting someone's life work and skill as very very bad is very shallow and childish.

#HailSnydra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfGOII18cO4
Very cool video BTW
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by dhex(m): 10:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
efilimu:

Watchmen made money in the box office and a tonne more in merchandise sale, its one of wb best investments

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.