Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,393 members, 7,781,127 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:26 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1201880 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blonchilli(m): 11:49am On Feb 13, 2018
TonySpike:

There was no way MOS would have made a billion. I did an analysis of the Superman franchise some several pages ago. That franchise had literarily died when Snyder, Goyer and Nolan reinvigorated it. Heck, Superman Returns (2006) which was a Reeve interpretation of the character bombed very hard at the box office barely making back its budget. I will say it loud again that if the Reeve interpretation is brought back again, it will bomb hard. What I do find hilarious are the set of audience implying that Superman is too dark and moody, where were they when the campy and "right" interpretation of superman in Superman Returns was released? In all of these, I think the internet has not been fair to the DCEU. Critics and audience alike always latched on the DCEU negatively most of the time. It was as if someone was skewing the PR to paint DCEU very bad, and of course, that's why Disney has been the major suspect. Imagine Star Wars TLJ with a 93% critic approval earned about 52% audience approval. Were the critics pretending not to see those loopholes or decided to ignore them because it's Disney? I read that David Ayer's new movie, Bright, with Netflix was rated 30% on rotten tomatoes and yeah mostly because of his previous work on Suicide Squad. Bright currently has audience rating of over 89% on the same rotten tomatoes. Is there a vendetta within the critics community? Yeah, something is not right...
I like the dark and more real Superman to the campy Superman. MOS had the perfect foundation for DC universe. They made the biggest mistake, listening to critics

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:32pm On Feb 13, 2018
Blonchilli:

They want Marvel success overnight without properly using the drawing board. Marvel had an Avengers movie planned from the 80s because they too were trying to beat DC who had successfully made Tim Burton's Batman and Christopher Reeve's Superman of the 80s and 70s respectively. Marvel had their mistakes, The Hulk movie of 2003/2004 was a disaster. Then Batman Begins came in 2005 along with Tobey Maquire's Spiderman and Fox's X-Men franchise showed superhero movies could work. Marvel just borrowed the positives from them and made Iron Man which was a test run and was successful. They used Batman's origin and self discovery, Spiderman's fight scenes and superhero persona and X-Men's flamboyance and made Iron Man, then The Incredible Hulk was made with all its hype then Thor which even had mixed reviews, Captain America had mixed reviews too but Marvel kept to the script and when Avengers was made people finally understood their game, creating a universe. Thanos has appeared in almost all the post-credit scene of all Marvel movies and surprisingly it has built the character before he appears on the big screen. DC chickened out . MOS was the perfect foundation for DC universe. It had realism, a great origin story, Lexcorp and Wayne was teased, Mars and Cyborg was teased, the possibility of other beings and multiple universe, a hero who understood the burden of being good but they threw it away for money. Forget BvS, MOS 2 should have followed and cyborg, batman, aquaman, krypton movie (doomsday), green Lantern movies should have been made before JL. Most importantly it was too early for a death of Superman story
you couldn't have said it any better. So what do u think Dc/WB should do n0w? I hear Affleck wants out n0w.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blonchilli(m): 8:04pm On Feb 13, 2018
Minemrys:

you couldn't have said it any better. So what do u think Dc/WB should do n0w? I hear Affleck wants out n0w.
If Affleck leaves without them probably killing off the character (which would be silly anyways) it would be the end of DC, they might not recover from it. The only route possible will be to follow the X-Men route. You see X-Men last stand was panned by critics and didn't meet expectations, followed by the forgettable Wolverine movie but you gotta admire Fox resilience, they went back to the past, X-Men: Days of The Future Past, and it was brilliant, then they further explored the past and even made a trilogy on the past and created a loophole that needed to be fixed in the past. If that ain't creative genius I don't know what is. DC can make that. They have enough comic work to pick from. They could use Flashpoint or Darkseid( he once went back in time and killed Batman after discovering he was the brain behind the JL). DC have leapfrogged over 20 years of Batman's crime fighting career. If Affleck wants to leave they can either explore Batman's early crime fighting days by creating a loophole in time through events of Flashpoint or bring the Past and Future together (Batman Beyond) or better still put their shit together and make a great Batman film because that's what Affleck wants and a little flexibility on his work schedule because the reshoots ain't helping and he has a life to live beyond the cowl and Cape. They can't kill or let Affleck leave, he's been the only good thing in that damned universe

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:08am On Feb 14, 2018
More deleted scenes, "He said you would come". WB is the main villain of Justice League. Imagine, how they deleted a scene like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV272CBUwmg

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 8:24am On Feb 15, 2018
TonySpike:
More deleted scenes, "He said you would come". WB is the main villain of Justice League. Imagine, how they deleted a scene like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV272CBUwmg
bladerunner was originally over 3 hours it cut down but still worked, Rogue one was massively reshot but it turned out great, Wb can't be villains to themselves, the boxoffice doesn't affect you it affects them, they made some clumsy decisions...... but it's 2018 and i think we should move past this and look ahead, 2018 is a great year for cbm's, I'm looking forward to blackpanther, can't see it now cause am in school......

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:44am On Feb 15, 2018
Kingrapha:
bladerunner was originally over 3 hours it cut down but still worked, Rogue one was massively reshot but it turned out great, Wb can't be villains to themselves, the boxoffice doesn't affect you it affects them, they made some clumsy decisions...... but it's 2018 and i think we should move past this and look ahead, 2018 is a great year for cbm's, I'm looking forward to blackpanther, can't see it now cause am in school......
dude WB messed up. With BvS, SS and JL. There's no arguing abt that.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:13am On Feb 15, 2018
Kingrapha:

WB messed up big time, bro. They shot themselves on the foot by making clumsy greedy decisions.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:48pm On Feb 15, 2018
Kingrapha:
And...n0t every film that was cut ended up go0d. Many end up being bad, few end up being g0od. The thing is, every scene shot is supp0sed to progress a film's plot bt when such scenes are cut, it affects the story in ways. Its only when such scenes have no relati0n with the central point or bear any meaning that when cut, does n0t affect the film. Lo0k at films like The last airbender, amazing spidey 2, legend of the sword, SS, hancock, they were cut that the theatrical cuts became entirely different stories fr0m what was written in the original script. In a course we did last year, its called "accidental dec0nstructi0n". The producti0n bec0mes a jumbled mess.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blonchilli(m): 8:36am On Feb 16, 2018
Minemrys, TonySpike I just saw another deleted scene. While Cyborg was seperating the motherbox he saw Steepenwolf's plan. Batman's vision from BvS, earth destroyed and the big new god himself, Darkseid, he saw Darkseid before Steppenwolf stopped him and revealed more what will become of earth. That scene would have left people pumped for future DC films angry sad screw DC board. I'm jumping ship to Marvel. Nothing good will come out of that damned universe angry angry

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:45am On Feb 16, 2018
Blonchilli:
Minemrys, TonySpike I just saw another deleted scene. While Cyborg was seperating the motherbox he saw Steepenwolf's plan. Batman's vision from BvS, earth destroyed and the big new god himself, Darkseid, he saw Darkseid before Steppenwolf stopped him and revealed more what will become of earth. That scene would have left people pumped for future DC films angry sad screw DC board. I'm jumping ship to Marvel. Nothing good will come out of that damned universe angry angry
abi. So u meant u saw the scene? Whats WB's plan? To get people to buy the blurays than go see it on cinemas? Or to sell toys and merchandise?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:19am On Feb 16, 2018
Minemrys:

abi. So u meant u saw the scene? Whats WB's plan? To get people to buy the blurays than go see it on cinemas? Or to sell toys and merchandise?

WB only added two scenes to the Bluray, I think. Most of the other scenes are leaked and WB has refused to incorporate them into the Bluray edition. I guess WB is too ashamed to give us the Snyder cut which is more coherent and complete. Maybe sometime in the future they will release this cut. But their silly mistakes have cost them a lot of fans from their fanbase. This year, I don't see aquaman doing well at the box office because its release date (in December) is a crowded period in the box office. I remember warning you guys about Geoff Johns last year, at least, we have now seen the consequences of his appointment. At least, if he, Geoff, had followed through with the Flash directorial search, we'd be having Flash and Aquaman this year. But all that doesn't matter again, JL has screwed up everything!

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by friendlyadvice: 10:27am On Feb 16, 2018
Minemrys:

grin dont mind them desperate people instead make them do better film them go dey hide important plot points inside bluray and extended cuts, i no know whether na by force to make 1billion

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blonchilli(m): 11:30am On Feb 16, 2018
Minemrys:

Toys and merchandise over quality for DC. I saw the video on i.g. DC forget that when you make quality movies your mechanise too and toys will sell. The blurays is the target and it's a shame. Let's assume I walk into a store and see Marvel toys and DC toys I will pick Marvel over DC. Someone really said their movies will only make 10 naira soon

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blonchilli(m): 11:33am On Feb 16, 2018
TonySpike:

WB only added two scenes to the Bluray, I think. Most of the other scenes are leaked and WB has refused to incorporate them into the Bluray edition. I guess WB is too ashamed to give us the Snyder cut which is more coherent and complete. Maybe sometime in the future they will release this cut. But their silly mistakes have cost them a lot of fans from their fanbase. This year, I don't see aquaman doing well at the box office because its release date (in December) is a crowded period in the box office. I remember warning you guys about Geoff Johns last year, at least, we have now seen the consequences of his appointment. At least, if he, Geoff, had followed through with the Flash directorial search, we'd be having Flash and Aquaman this year. But all that doesn't matter again, JL has screwed up everything!
Aquaman will flop not because of a crowded December but because no one trusts anything coming out of DC again

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:07pm On Feb 16, 2018
TonySpike:

i don't kn0w, am starting to wish param0unt pictures own Dc comics. Or lionsgate. Lionsgate produce better films.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:10pm On Feb 16, 2018
friendlyadvice:

grin dont mind them desperate people instead make them do better film them go dey hide important plot points inside bluray and extended cuts, i no know whether na by force to make 1billion
lol, they couldn't even climb 700. Who would've thought JL wouldn't gross 800?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:16pm On Feb 16, 2018
Blonchilli:

Aquaman will flop not because of a crowded December but because no one trusts anything coming out of DC again
if JL couldn't make 800, then it bec0mes a miracle if the Aquaman film makes 400 million c0nsidering he is one character n0 one likes. They should've g0ne with cyborg or The flash instead but they went with a character who isn't c0mpelling and has an actor without charisma. I like Jason Momoa, but i don't see aquaman in him.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blonchilli(m): 3:31pm On Feb 16, 2018
Minemrys:

if JL couldn't make 800, then it bec0mes a miracle if the Aquaman film makes 400 million c0nsidering he is one character n0 one likes. They should've g0ne with cyborg or The flash instead but they went with a character who isn't c0mpelling and has an actor without charisma. I like Jason Momoa, but i don't see aquaman in him.
On the contrary Aquaman is one of DC's primary characters. Jason Mamoa's Aquaman wasn't the Aquaman I know. If he had been a Khal Drogo kind of character it would have made sense. Aquaman is a warrior, a king, a brute and he's mean and blunt. Jason Mamoa should have been better as Lobo (I've said it before) than Aquaman because his Aquaman talks too much. Watch the Justice League series 2002-2004, Justice Leage: War, Flashpoint Paradox, Aquaman and any other DC animation Aquaman appears in. I would have preferred the guy that plays Tarzan and that vampire in True Blood as Aquaman. He has that snub in him that Aquaman has, Jason is a pain in the arse, Lobo.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blonchilli(m): 3:35pm On Feb 16, 2018
Minemrys:

It's sad bro
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2018
Blonchilli:

On the contrary Aquaman is one of DC's primary characters. Jason Mamoa's Aquaman wasn't the Aquaman I know. If he had been a Khal Drogo kind of character it would have made sense. Aquaman is a warrior, a king, a brute and he's mean and blunt. Jason Mamoa should have been better as Lobo (I've said it before) than Aquaman because his Aquaman talks too much. Watch the Justice League series 2002-2004, Justice Leage: War, Flashpoint Paradox, Aquaman and any other DC animation Aquaman appears in. I would have preferred the guy that plays Tarzan and that vampire in True Blood as Aquaman. He has that snub in him that Aquaman has, Jason is a pain in the arse, Lobo.

His Aquaman character is a talkative courtesy of Whedon. Infact, all Justice League members became talkatives because of Whedon reshoots. I'm surprised they made even Batman a talkative and a sissy which is out of character.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by friendlyadvice: 5:26pm On Feb 16, 2018
Minemrys:

dc is just disgracing themselves they should scrap this their dceu they can never meet up to marvel
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by mgtow: 6:03pm On Feb 16, 2018
Blonchilli:

You're so on point with this! Aquaman is ideally a snob not a loud mouth. That True Blood actor would make a great Aquaman with the height and all. He'd only need to seriously bulk up.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blonchilli(m): 7:19pm On Feb 16, 2018
TonySpike:

His Aquaman character is a talkative courtesy of Whedon. Infact, all Justice League members became talkatives because of Whedon reshoots. I'm surprised they made even Batman a talkative and a sissy which is out of character.
Batman's own was the most annoying. The Batman I know barely talks, infact he's seen as a freak and even the JL members keep him at bay, only Flash have been able to make Batman smile or make a joke (he's sarcastic). This is a guy that at one time Savage got hold of how to take down the entire JL members and he did, only Batman could stop him. In several story line the villains were only able to bring down the JL after eliminating Batman or taking him out. They turned Batman to the Iron Man, the world's greatest detective o! I'm ashamed of DC. The only thing he did was giving an idea that they could resurrect superman and it was so poorly done they almost made him a mad scientist. Yes he felt guilty of Superman's death but the Batman I know will carry out his plans without telling a soul
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blonchilli(m): 7:24pm On Feb 16, 2018
mgtow:

You're so on point with this! Aquaman is ideally a snob not a loud mouth. That True Blood actor would make a great Aquaman with the height and all. He'd only need to seriously bulk up.
He's the perfect guy for the role. I even feel Henry Cavill was cast wrong. He's an okay actor but he lacks the natural charisma for Superman. We complained in mos and BvS that he was too sad and dark but even when he was resurrected his smiling and trying to be a symbol made him look silly to me. DC are really mad. Henry Cavill would kill it as Green Lantern Hal Jordan.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:45pm On Feb 16, 2018
friendlyadvice:

dc is just disgracing themselves they should scrap this their dceu they can never meet up to marvel
abi. Thats a good friendlyadvice. They could take it or leave it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:49pm On Feb 16, 2018
Blonchilli:

He's the perfect guy for the role. I even feel Henry Cavill was cast wrong. He's an okay actor but he lacks the natural charisma for Superman. We complained in mos and BvS that he was too sad and dark but even when he was resurrected his smiling and trying to be a symbol made him look silly to me. DC are really mad. Henry Cavill would kill it as Green Lantern Hal Jordan.
i disagree.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 7:04pm On Feb 17, 2018
Minemrys:

i don't kn0w, am starting to wish param0unt pictures own Dc comics. Or lionsgate. Lionsgate produce better films.
Now, a studio that's the 2nd in the Hollywood big 6 and the second best studio in the film industry globally is being compared to a studio whose best entry is hunger games? this comment makes me question your movie knowledge...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:31pm On Feb 17, 2018
Kingrapha:
Now, a studio that's the 2nd in the Hollywood big 6 and the second best studio in the film industry globally is being compared to a studio whose best entry is hunger games? this comment makes me question your movie knowledge...
lol am being sarcastic. Seriously, WB doesn't kn0w what to do with DC ever since they owned DC comics...am only questioning that.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2018
Minemrys:

lol am being sarcastic. Seriously, WB doesn't kn0w what to do with DC ever since they owned DC comics...am only questioning that.
lol I figured but seriously speaking, only disney, Wb and universal can maintain and sponsor a universe like dc or marvel.

you've seen BP?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 8:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
Guys, I know Wb messed up, but which studio hasn't. 20th century fox. did with xmen origins and apocalypse, paramount did with the transformers franchise. and i can never forgive them for the last airbender.... Disney did with John Carter (whose budget is almost that of JL).

let's not forget the amazing dc films that wb actually brought our way.... The dark knight trilogy, watchmen, superman 1 & 2, v for vendetta, Constantine, Bvs, MoS, WW, tim Burton batman and batman returns etc. not to mention other great franchises under the Wb umbrella.....

let's let bygones be bygones. constantly discussing the woes of the Dceu is tiring.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:19pm On Feb 17, 2018
Kingrapha:
lol I figured but seriously speaking, only disney, Wb and universal can maintain and sponsor a universe like dc or marvel.

you've seen BP?
nah. BP's character has no appeal on me seriously. I don't kn0w why. Lo0king forward to antman and infinity war though.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2018
Kingrapha:
Guys, I know Wb messed up, but which studio hasn't. 20th century fox. did with xmen origins and apocalypse, paramount did with the transformers franchise. and i can never forgive them for the last airbender.... Disney did with John Carter (whose budget is almost that of JL).

let's not forget the amazing dc films that wb actually brought our way.... The dark knight trilogy, watchmen, superman 1 & 2, v for vendetta, Constantine, Bvs, MoS, WW, tim Burton batman and batman returns etc. not to mention other great franchises under the Wb umbrella.....

let's let bygones be bygones. constantly discussing the woes of the Dceu is tiring.

it is h0nestly, but until DC can drop hits and classics c0ntinuously, no one would forget or forgive the lapses. I think WB is the villain here. They don't have faith in their c0mic b0ok projects hence the studio influence on them. Now, am ashamed to call myself a DC fan. Look what they did to poor ol'd snyder? I heard he was fired after BvS' reception and box office disappointment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.