Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,988 members, 7,799,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life (55532 Views)

PHOTOS: Osinbajo Attends RCCG Christmas Carol Service / UK Prime Minister Tweets About Nigeria.. See Snapshots. / Pastor Adeboye Prays For UK Prime Minister At RCCG Festival Of Light UK Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by SirShymexx: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ralphlauren:

*faints* at bolded
grin grin grin grin
Blame his weight on too much consumption of deep fried Mars bars and black pudding embarassed grin

Gordon Brown deserves credit from the English. He was very influential during the referendum and he convinced many people to vote NO!

Loool. Too bad for a Salmond who should be a vegetarian on salmon diet lool.

Yes. But not just only him - Alistair Darling, Alistair Carmichael, and loads of London Scots also helped. Heck, even Ken Livingstone remembered his Scottish roots after getting too fat in London, but he will always be my nyggah lool. However, I still believe that ish was rigged by unseen hands. lipsrsealed
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by mya1: 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
damiso:

Yels ke. grin

My MP is a lib dem and the man helped me get my daughter into a prefered school when the council flung my child to one yeye school miles away

I also don't pay for school dinner grin grin grin
That was a lib dem policy that the Tories want to poach.

Tuition fees aside they were a moderating factor in this coalition govt.

Lol.. Women and sentiments!

Did you read/ hear their manifesto?
I mean, watching the debate, Nick tried to play a fair ground in his critic of the conservative and Labour govt..but trust me,I see that as trying to sabotage (for lack of a better word) votes- he wasn't convincing enough.
I see his promises going with the wind without actualisation as soon as he's elected. He's done it before, he would do it again.
Besides, was he not up with Cameron in governing the country in the last five years?

I don't see lib dem really performing to be honest - talk they say is cheap!

1 Like

Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by SirShymexx: 12:51pm On Apr 18, 2015
^^^women and sentiments, or negroes and "me" factor? As long as I'm eating a little bit, damn the bigger picture, majority can perish for all I care.

Anyway, their 2secs of fame is over.
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by martinosi: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
KMB:
Pardon my cynicism. Has David Cameron come to praise and worship God or come to press the mugu buttons of the worshippers get more votes?

What do you think?

Well this is a no-brainer....Cameron came because of 1 thing.....INFLUENCE.....
and that is INFLUENCE IN 3 MAJOR AREA'S

David Cameroun and the Conservative Part see the "Political Writing on the Wall"

The BIG ISSUE...is that the Conservative Party in the UK see it, but those Gathered @ the Festival
of Life do Not.... what a shame...

1 Like

Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by martinosi: 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
GL:
I don't understand why people are criticizing Cameron. It's only significant cos it's an African church, he probably is looking to increase his appeal to Africans. Politicians go to churches, just as they go to different parts of the country on their campaign trail. Christian voters must be courted too, it's not a new thing. It's not even a GEJ/GMB thing, American politics has it almost worse.

All those saying he supports homosexuality, Adeboye doesn't have to agree with his values to pray for him. It's God's prerogative what & how to answer prayers, the duty of man is to pray.

Politicians are dirty, yeah... But remember how the religious people condemned Jesus for dining & visiting with publicans & tax collectors. Everyone knew what he stood for, he shared his message with them, but it was up to them if & when they accepted it. So i think the issue is if the association with politicians is changing the message preached. Nero & other political leaders loved to associate with the early church. It has always been, and would continue to be so. Everybody loves success, if you become successful tomorrow you would be sharing a stage with world leaders.

Nobody has really ciphered why Cameroun went to Festival of Life...and it soo simple "smh"
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by martinosi: 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2015
vindicated:
The world watched how Nigeria politics played out from start to finish. And realized that God indeed, showed His mercy upon us.

"SMH" do you really believe what you are posting
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by martinosi: 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
50calibre:

Lets see! Cameron is set to lose anyway, he's danced too much to UKIP anti-immigration sentiments, now he wants immigrant votes... he must be delusional.

Farage & Cameron can attack each other all they want, but hopefully come after May 8 they'd be sitting together in opposition benches.

Cameroun did not go to Festival of Life mainly for votes, although that may have bee 3rd or 4th on the Agenda....

I cant believe that nobody cant see the reason why he went there "smh"
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by taiwoflb: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
sammyyycole:
dude,with all due respect stop sounding dumb & naive,GEJ knelt down for the most high GOD and not for baba Adeboye,that can only be an issue if he were to be higher and greater than baba GOD..com‘mon,biko.

As a President he shouldn't have knelt down, that's what i know period
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by martinosi: 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
observer777:
... we're not even sure if David Cameron believes in GOD or not. His appearance in RCCG was to court eligible Nigerian vote.

thats not the sole reason why he went there...the real reason is hidden in plain site..but
nobody seem to have stated it on this thread
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by martinosi: 1:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
naijababe:

Some seriously skanky 5hit. Voting SNP for Scottish parliament and Lib Dem in the General Election.

The African Caribbean Ethnic Minority vote does not amount to a tower of cards
in any UK Election, anyone thinking other wise is grossly deceived and if you fall into
this catergory and live in the UK you are in the gross dark when understanding UK Politics...
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by DFAM: 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
Patiently waiting for May 7th, Labour party all the way. I no trust the conservative party at all, looking at some of their recent policies. UKIP have a great manifesto, but they don't really stand chance, no need to waste my vote on them grin

1 Like

Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by riczy(m): 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
b4 nkor!
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by 50calibre(m): 2:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
martinosi:

Cameroun did not go to Festival of Life mainly for votes, although that may have bee 3rd or 4th on the Agenda....

I don't!! Care to tell me why he went there? because given the timing, the only logical conclusion is that he went there to in-directly solicit for votes.

1 Like

Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Ralphlauren(m): 3:04pm On Apr 18, 2015
martinosi:

Mister know-it-all and "smh", care to tell us the reason then or STFU? undecided

2 Likes

Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Mister know-it-all and "smh", care to tell us the reason then or STFU? undecided

why would he when it is easier to shake his head and stew in his self importance grin

1 Like

Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Ralphlauren(m): 4:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
naijababe:

why would he when it is easier to shake his head and stew in his self importance grin

Lmaoooo grin grin grin grin
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 18, 2015
Khalessi:
Mr Cameron just make sure he doesn't bless you with his left hand...

You one rare breed of a human
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2015
apoti:
Politicians are very strategic, Cameron knows most black people will vote Labour and most of them go to church. The guy quickly turned born-again, and rushed to the largest black church grin

Unfortunately, the same tatics did not save Jonathan, it won't save Cameron...the tories are going to be kicked out of No. 10

The fact is western leaders were shocked that GEJ gathered that much votes despite all the mis-givings they claimed about his government hence David applying his tactics!
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2015
martinosi:

The African Caribbean Ethnic Minority vote does not amount to a tower of cards
in any UK Election, anyone thinking other wise is grossly deceived and if you fall into
this catergory and live in the UK you are in the gross dark when understanding UK Politics...

Tell that to those standing for office in Lambeth, Southwark, Erith, Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Lewisham etc and those are just London Boroughs. Me too I SMH for you.

2 Likes

Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by damiso(f): 5:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
jaybee3:

Yeah def leaning labour according to yougov

Simon needs all the help

I know we have to look at the overall picture but ideally people are meant to vote for members of parliament who will best represent their constituency's interest at Westminster.Simon Hughes has been a fantastic member of parliament for North Southwark and the locals really love him. I would normally vote Labour but their candidate is not really doing it for me(funny enough I met him today while out shopping). Where I live has a very high concentration of immigrants and for Simon to keep returning means he is doing something right.

I don't think it's given that black People or immigrants must all vote labour.
I personally know 3 naija people (not even born here sef) who are card carrying members of the Conservative party.One even contested under them in her local council. She is even campaigning right now for DC on her FB page with the video from FOL.She believes 'we' unfairly judge the Conservative party as being elitist and anti immigrant.She feels its a party for ambitious people (I don't agree with her but I do think she is entitled to her opinion)
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by martinosi: 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
naijababe:

Tell that to those standing for office in Lambeth, Southwark, Erith, Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Lewisham etc and those are just London Boroughs. Me too I SMH for you.

Do you even look at Statistics overall...and also the fact that those Boroughs you mentioned
has been gerrymandered socially...oh well ...check and get back to me.. if its otherwise
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by martinosi: 6:42pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ralphlauren:

cant reason with some of you on NL as you post with Emotions and not with deep thought
of mind and from Real-Politick knowledge....
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
martinosi:

Do you even look at Statistics overall...and also the fact that those Boroughs you mentioned
has been gerrymandered socially...oh well ...check and get back to me.. if its otherwise

You have to tell me the meaning of gerrymandering first
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 18, 2015
@damiso, that woman is my hubby's twin. He is all about the conservatives
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by martinosi: 6:48pm On Apr 18, 2015
naijababe:

Ignorance is bliss or is is it just some people on NL cant speak plain facts...

Truth is RCCG has just been "Owned" along with a Majority of it membership and followers...
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Ralphlauren(m): 6:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
naijababe:

You have to tell me the meaning of gerrymandering first

The dude is just chatting bullocks!

He is best ignored.

1 Like

Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by KMB: 6:54pm On Apr 18, 2015
jayfolarin:
Wow! David Cameron seff no wan carry last! Politicians using the masses' religious sentiments for votes since time immemorial!!

Very true

Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 18, 2015
martinosi:

Ignorance is bliss or is is it just some people on NL cant speak plain facts...

Truth is RCCG has just been "Owned" along with a Majority of it membership and followers...

I nor fit shout! Other than bragging rights for redeemers, I dont see what his presence has to with anything. The total ethnic vote is not even worth headache seg! Just because he is there, RCCG will become the poster church for toffs, when mAjority of attendees never get papers?
Use your know it all wisely next time mate.

1 Like

Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Ralphlauren(m): 7:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
naijababe:

I nor fit shout! Other than bragging rights for redeemers, I dont see what his presence has to with anything. The total ethnic vote is not even worth headache seg! Just because he is there, RCCG will become the poster church for toffs, when mAjority of attendees never get papers?
Use your know it all wisely next time mate.

Buhahahhahahahhahahahahah grin grin

I told you that "smh" guy is just talking bullocks.

I'm sure if Theresa May raided the venue or even the nearest train station to the venue, they would have caught a record number of illegal immigrants.
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
he needs the votes
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 18, 2015
^ I actually thought he was going to give some earth shattering reason ni jare. Own ko, borrow ni
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by SirShymexx: 7:54pm On Apr 18, 2015
@Ralphlauren

I think the guy was alluding gentrification, and how all boroughs with huge black populations are gradually being gentrified.

Boris has been pulling down all the council estates, for new ones, with mostly US companies. And not all those folks are being returned to the new ones. The face of London is changing, and even the City and everywhere on the East end of Thames River aren't left out, with skyscrapers popping up everywhere. Only North and West London are safe for now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why I Refused To Honour Efcc’s Invitation – Tompolo / Femi Fani-kayode Speaks On Melaye's Arrest & Hospitalization - Nigerians React / T.A. Orji Visits Orji Kalu's Home In Abuja (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.