Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,754 members, 7,806,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Chelsea Vs Manchester United : Match Preview - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Vs Manchester United : Match Preview (1069 Views)

Funny Tweets After The Chelsea And Man United Match / Arsenal Vs Chelsea. Please What Happened? After United Match, I Needed A BEER / Mourinho After Manchester United's Match (europa League) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United : Match Preview by geoworldedu: 5:47am On Apr 18, 2015
Louis

Gaal must contend with a growing injury list ahead of Manchester United's Barclays Premier League trip to Chelsea on Saturday, but the manager intends to unleash an in-form Juan Mata against his former club.

United travel to Stamford Bridge one point behind Arsenal, who are in second and are not in league action this weekend, having an FA Cup semi-final. A win against Chelsea would move United to within five points of the league leaders.

United have a winning run of six top-flight matches, including last weekend’s 4-2 victory over Manchester City, but Van Gaal must overcome a series of injury setbacks for his side to triumph.

Daley Blind, Phil Jones, Michael Carrick and Marcos Rojo have all been ruled out after injuries during Manchester derby.

"It is the worst scenario," said the United manager. "Marcos and Phil can both play left central defender, and Jonny Evans is also suspended so I do not have many choices.

"Daley Blind and Michael Carrick could have played as holding midfielders and I do not have another option. It is a puzzle."

Van Gaal has Luke Shaw available to play at left-back and will give Robin van Persie, who scored a stoppage-time equaliser against Chelsea at Old Trafford this season, as much time as possible to recover from an ankle injury that has kept him out since February.

"Shaw is training for a lot of weeks already so he can play," Van Gaal told MUTV. "Van Persie is another story. This is the first week he has trained with the first team, but maybe we have to think about him."

Van Gaal also revealed that Juan Mata is likely to start against his former side after some sublime performances.

Mata has played a key role in United's recent impressive form, scoring a match-winning double at Liverpool and finding the back of the net against City last weekend.

Van Gaal aims to exploit the 26-year-old’s desire to prove a point to Mourinho for selling him in January last year by inspiring United to a victory that would end Chelsea's unbeaten home record in the BPL this season.

"Normally I always put players in the line-up if they've played for the opponent, so I think Mata shall play," he said.

Chelsea also have injury problems in attack with Diego Costa sidelined by a hamstring injury but Loic Remy is rated “better than 50-50” by manager Jose Mourinho to recover in time from a calf problem.

The 28-year-old forward trained with the team this week and could be put straight back into the side by Mourinho if he is fit enough, with Didier Drogba, who scored at Old Trafford this season, in the frame should the Frenchman not make a starting berth.

Whoever starts on Saturday, Mourinho is looking forward to a match between two of the biggest hitters in the English top flight and one for which his players will need no rousing as they seek a win to send them 10 points clear with six matches remaining.

"To play Man United is to play one of biggest clubs in the world and one of best in Premier League," said Mourinho, whose side overcame Queens Park Rangers last weekend thanks to an 88th-minute winner from Cesc Fabregas. “It's what everybody wants. I'm not worried about motivating players for this.

"It's an easy job. Our fight is always to have the same ambitions and motivations, whoever the opposition, but reality is that these matches are easy ones - every player is desperate to play."

Chelsea (from): Blackman, Cech, Courtois, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Christensen, Filipe, Ivanovic, Terry, Zouma, Cuadrado, Fabregas, Hazard, Loftus-Cheek, Matic, Mikel, Oscar, Ramires, Willian, Drogba, Remy.

Manchester United (from): De Gea, Valdes, Lindegaard, Blackett, Evans, Jones, McNair, Rafael, Rojo, Shaw, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Di Maria, Fellaini, Herrera, Januzaj, Mata, Pereira, Powell, Valencia, Young, Falcao, Rooney, Van Persie, Wilson.

Match Appointments
Referee: Mike Dean Assistants: S Long, D England Fourth Official: C Pawson

Match Facts
Chelsea have lost only one of their last 12 Barclays Premier League home matches against Manchester United (W7 D4 L1).
Man Utd have suffered more BPL defeats by Chelsea than by any other side (15).
Chelsea's last home defeat in the league came almost exactly one year ago (19 April, 2014 v Sunderland).
United now have the best shot conversion rate in the top flight (18.6%) this season.

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_6lZDRU2izrc6dyQ8j67Kr0sCyEdATwJ8AchMFSzPlNOLT1M4mbjiuoY[/img]

[img]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQt0Vc-htOUD6bFntCWAK0woKRoq4ltz4H0iTVGnwkf4Oj2mNq_iMD_ggE[/img]

Current Form

Chelsea
W 0 - 1 v QPR (A)
W 2 - 1 v STK (H)
W 2 - 3 v HUL (A)
D 1 - 1 v SOU (H)
W 0 - 1 v WHU (A)
D 1 - 1 v BUR (H)

Man Utd
W 4 - 2 v MCI (H)
W 3 - 1 v AVL (H)
W 1 - 2 v LIV (A)
W 3 - 0 v TOT (H)
W 0 - 1 v NEW (A)
W 2 - 0 v SUN (H)
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United : Match Preview by shakazuldadon: 6:20am On Apr 18, 2015
CFC win for shizzle..
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United : Match Preview by geoworldedu: 6:38am On Apr 18, 2015
shakazuldadon:
CFC win for shizzle..

My prediction: Chelsea 3 vs 1 Manchester United

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United : Match Preview by manpiro: 6:48am On Apr 18, 2015
chealsea all the way..
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United : Match Preview by Henrypraise41(m): 6:55am On Apr 18, 2015
The match will not be interesting again as long as man united are going to mis those players in the pitch, and this is an advantage to all chelsea players and fans, thats what they were looking for. Today people will not hear word.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United : Match Preview by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 18, 2015
Chelsea cannot loose this game it either they win or draw

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United : Match Preview by geoworldedu: 7:37am On Apr 18, 2015
Chelsea all the way... We destroy em all

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United : Match Preview by haffaze777(m): 9:22am On Apr 18, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United : Match Preview by Dubby6(m): 10:31am On Apr 18, 2015
Henrypraise41:
The match will not be interesting again as long as man united are going to mis those players in the pitch, and this is an advantage to all chelsea players and fans, thats what they were looking for. Today people will not hear word.

Lazy men always find excuses... Na me give them injury?

(1) (Reply)

I Changed My Mind About This Sports Betting Thing / EXCLUSIVE: Oliseh Recalls Mikel For Tanzania Match / Ideye: Nigeria Players Use Juju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.