Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,549 members, 7,801,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

What Temperament Are You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Temperament Are You? (6979 Views)

Temperament Issues / How Your Temperament Affects Your Relationship / Relationship And Temperament, How Does It Work Together... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 10:59am On Apr 18, 2015
First we have to knw wah a Temperament is:

-Temperament
In psychology temperament refers to those aspects of an individual's personality, such as introversion or extroversion, that are often regarded as innate rather than learned.

The four temperament types:

-Sanguine
The sanguine temperament is traditionally associated with air. People with this
temperament tend to be lively, sociable, carefree,
TALKative, and pleasure-seeking. They may be
warm-hearted and optimistic. They can make
new friends easily, be imaginative and artistic, and often have many ideas. They can be flighty and changeable; thus sanguine personalities may struggle with following tasks all the way through and be chronically late or forgetful. Pedagogically, they can be best reached through
awakening their love for a subject and admiration of people.

-Choleric
The choleric temperament is traditionally
associated with fire. People with this temperament tend to be egocentric and
extroverted. They may be excitable, impulsive,
and restless, with reserves of aggression, energy, or passion, and try to instill that in others.
They tend to be task-oriented people and are
focused on getting a job done efficiently; their
motto is usually "do it now." They can be
ambitious, strong-willed and like to be in charge.
They can show leadership, are good at planning, and are often practical and solution-oriented. They appreciate receiving respect and esteem for their work.
Pedagogically, they can be best reached through
mutual respect and appropriate challenges that recognize their capacities.

-Melancholic
The melancholic temperament is traditionally
associated with the element of earth. People with
this temperament may appear serious, introverted, cautious or even suspicious. They can become pre-occupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world and are susceptible to depression and moodiness. They may be focused
and conscientious. They often prefer to do things
themselves, both to meet their own standards and because they are not inherently sociable. Pedagogically, they can be best met by
awakening their sympathy for others and the suffering of the world.

-Phelgmatic
The phlegmatic temperament is traditionally
associated with water. People with this
temperament may be inward and private,
thoughtful, reasonable, calm, patient, caring, and
tolerant. They tend to have a rich inner life, seek
a quiet, peaceful atmosphere, and be content with themselves. They tend to be steadfast,
consistent in their habits, and thus steady and faithful friends. Pedagogically, their interest is often awakened by experiencing others' interest in a subject. People of this temperament may appear
somewhat ponderous or clumsy. Their speech tends to be slow or appear hesitant.

So which are You??

Re: What Temperament Are You? by kodded(m): 11:06am On Apr 18, 2015
-Phelgmatic cool
**blush** embarassed
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Basildvalour(m): 11:06am On Apr 18, 2015
I am Phlegmatic

1 Like

Re: What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 11:08am On Apr 18, 2015
kodded:
-Phelgmatic cool
**blush** embarassed
Lol why blushing
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 18, 2015
I'm FellainiispowerfulthanMaticgrin
Re: What Temperament Are You? by hidee20(m): 11:09am On Apr 18, 2015
I think am in this category-Phelgmatic grin
Re: What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 11:09am On Apr 18, 2015
well i'm melancholy tho...didn't put dah in d writeup
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 18, 2015
Am choleric nd sanguine ooh
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Mprex(f): 11:26am On Apr 18, 2015
phlegmatic undecided
Re: What Temperament Are You? by habeebcole: 11:38am On Apr 18, 2015
i was naturally melancholy....bt my secondary school counsellor told me if i should countinue like dat i my turn out to be very cruel since i was also naturally wicked.....so the man just told to try as much as possible to combine two temperament now i thank God am now a sanguine and melancholy......at least instead of me putting it in mind that i wanna do somthing wicked to sombody i can nw easilly tell it to their face dat they offend after apologising then i will forgive im or her but i dont forget(melancholy aspect since it keeps running through my mind)
combination of temperament is possible if yo deermined BUT IT HAS IT SIDE EFFECT...if you are nt ready to face it dont combine......only me knw wat am experiencing nw...bt still i love it this way grin grin grin grin
thanks op......nice thread...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 12:51pm On Apr 18, 2015
Kingklent:
Am choleric nd sanguine ooh
hmmm both?
Re: What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2015
habeebcole:
i was naturally melancholy....bt my secondary school counsellor told me if i should countinue like dat i my turn out to be very cruel since i was also naturally wicked.....so the man just told to try as much as possible to combine two temperament now i thank God am now a sanguine and melancholy......at least instead of me putting it in mind that i wanna do somthing wicked to sombody i can nw easilly tell it to their face dat they offend after apologising then i will forgive im or her but i dont forget(melancholy aspect since it keeps running through my mind)
combination of temperament is possible if yo deermined BUT IT HAS IT SIDE EFFECT...if you are nt ready to face it dont combine......only me knw wat am experiencing nw...bt still i love it this way grin grin grin grin
thanks op......nice thread...
its a good thing...i think some pple exhibit about 3 temperaments
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
I combine two temperament..
Melancholy and phlegmatic. ..
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
eugy45:

hmmm both?

yes both
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Dotwillis1(m): 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
Phlegmatic and melancholic
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
Melancholy big time.
Re: What Temperament Are You? by theMusicNerd(m): 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
Sanguine-Phlegmatic.... Fvck Cholerics!
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
Are they sure its complete? They should research again, there maybe other temperaments or a combination of two or more. Cos I can't seem to place mine among the 4. Maybe I'm wrong!
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Xionez(m): 5:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
Phlegmatic to da bone. grin
Re: What Temperament Are You? by MzzTega(f): 6:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
phlegmatic.
Almost all the posters above me are phlegmatic. hmmmm
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
This method of classifying temperaments/personalities is a fallacy in itself.

Carl Jung/Myers briggs method of classification is the accurate and generally accepted method.
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 18, 2015
I am all of the above depending on the situation, circumstance, mood etc.

I can hardly be boxed down to a personality type. It's always been like this ever since early in grade school when I started taking these personality profile tests. Results always show I am a mixed nut. grin grin. Psychologists tell me that it's rare, but it happens.

I am proud multi-personality; I switch 'em up, mix 'em up, shake 'em up....as the occasion dictates.

*PS: for those who think multi personality disorder; it is NOT a disorder* It becomes a disorder when it interfere with functioning as a person.

eugy45:
First we have to knw wah a Temperament is:

-Temperament
In psychology temperament refers to those aspects of an individual's personality, such as introversion or extroversion, that are often regarded as innate rather than learned.

The four temperament types:

-Sanguine
The sanguine temperament is traditionally associated with air. People with this
temperament tend to be lively, sociable, carefree,
TALKative, and pleasure-seeking. They may be
warm-hearted and optimistic. They can make
new friends easily, be imaginative and artistic, and often have many ideas. They can be flighty and changeable; thus sanguine personalities may struggle with following tasks all the way through and be chronically late or forgetful. Pedagogically, they can be best reached through
awakening their love for a subject and admiration of people.

-Choleric
The choleric temperament is traditionally
associated with fire. People with this temperament tend to be egocentric and
extroverted. They may be excitable, impulsive,
and restless, with reserves of aggression, energy, or passion, and try to instill that in others.
They tend to be task-oriented people and are
focused on getting a job done efficiently; their
motto is usually "do it now." They can be
ambitious, strong-willed and like to be in charge.
They can show leadership, are good at planning, and are often practical and solution-oriented. They appreciate receiving respect and esteem for their work.
Pedagogically, they can be best reached through
mutual respect and appropriate challenges that recognize their capacities.

-Melancholic
The melancholic temperament is traditionally
associated with the element of earth. People with
this temperament may appear serious, introverted, cautious or even suspicious. They can become pre-occupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world and are susceptible to depression and moodiness. They may be focused
and conscientious. They often prefer to do things
themselves, both to meet their own standards and because they are not inherently sociable. Pedagogically, they can be best met by
awakening their sympathy for others and the suffering of the world.

-Phelgmatic
The phlegmatic temperament is traditionally
associated with water. People with this
temperament may be inward and private,
thoughtful, reasonable, calm, patient, caring, and
tolerant. They tend to have a rich inner life, seek
a quiet, peaceful atmosphere, and be content with themselves. They tend to be steadfast,
consistent in their habits, and thus steady and faithful friends. Pedagogically, their interest is often awakened by experiencing others' interest in a subject. People of this temperament may appear
somewhat ponderous or clumsy. Their speech tends to be slow or appear hesitant.

So which are You??
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Oahray: 7:04pm On Apr 18, 2015
I don't exactly buy into the temperament classification. Too narrow... Too restricted.
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Olami90: 7:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
Melancholy(80%)-Choleric(20%).
Combination of two - Melchol
Re: What Temperament Are You? by pretydiva(f): 7:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
I am an introvert. Phlegmatic 2 b precise..really don't like it tho.m jst 2 quiet 4 my liking. Hardly make friends. Not d outdoor type.dont like dis 1 bit cry
Re: What Temperament Are You? by contactlenz: 7:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
Am Mel-San
Re: What Temperament Are You? by segneyuk(m): 7:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
Melancholy......
Re: What Temperament Are You? by segneyuk(m): 7:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
pretydiva:
I am an introvert. Phlegmatic 2 b precise..really don't like it tho.m jst 2 quiet 4 my liking. Hardly make friends. Not d outdoor type.dont like dis 1 bit cry

Chatting with phlegmatic can b very boring!! "Yap" "mmmm" "lol" "kkk" my gal is one, bt I like it compare to sanguine

1 Like

Re: What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 8:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
Xiadnat:
I am all of the above depending on the situation, circumstance, mood etc.

I can hardly be boxed down to a personality type. It's always been like this ever since early in grade school when I started taking these personality profile tests. Results always show I am a mixed nut. grin grin. Psychologists tell me that it's rare, but it happens.

I am proud multi-personality; I switch 'em up, mix 'em up, shake 'em up....as the occasion dictates.

*PS: for those who think multi personality disorder; it is NOT a disorder* It becomes a disorder when it interfere with functioning as a person.

Multi temperament? Sounds weird bh okay i guess.
Like u said ability to relate well with others
Re: What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
pretydiva:
Exactly me! Am too shy..alot
Bh am mre of melancholy than a phelgmatic..
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Venom104: 8:35pm On Apr 18, 2015
pretydiva:

have you tried to get outta your comfort zone and tried to change that bit about yourself you dont like?
Re: What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 9:04pm On Apr 18, 2015
contactlenz:
Am Mel-San
Haha yeah right...badt combination tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Funny Relationship Pictures / When A Gold-digger Dates A Gold-digger. / 'My Stepmother Wants Me To Sleep With Her' - Man Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.