Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,991 members, 7,803,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster (13769 Views)

James Ibori Received By Bayelsans As He Arrives For Condolence Visit (Photos) / James Ibori At The Burial Of Johnbull Fatimiro In Delta (Photos) / James Ibori Hosts Ayiri Emami And His Children At His Residence In Delta (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 18, 2015
Taxpayers are facing a “huge” new bill after efforts to force a former Nigerian state governor from London to repay profits from a £50 million fraud were delayed for more than a year.

James Ibori, who began his working life as a £5,000-a-year cashier at a Wickes DIY branch in Ruislip, became a multi-millionaire after returning to his homeland and committing a series of scams during an eight-year career running its oil rich Delta State.

His wealth allowed him to buy expensive homes, a £12 million jet and a £1 million fleet of cars including a Bentley, Mercedes and armoured Range Rovers. His crimes were detected in a Scotland Yard investigation that led to him being jailed in April 2012 for 13 years for fraud and money laundering.

Source: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/taxpayers-face-huge-bill-to-recover-profits-from-50million-fraudster-10184627.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Dahjhi: 12:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
See life. With Nigeria's Money, when many are wallowing in poverty

OK nah! Weh the people wey dey pay FTC check?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by slys(m): 12:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
Fp things ... I made it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Raiders: 12:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ibori is a criminal and may God never forgive you for the millions you stole from Delta state.

6 Likes

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by MrIncrediible(m): 12:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
Na wa o...Nigeria my country!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by omenka(m): 12:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
Frankly I'm beginning to feel sorry for this man.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Importguru(m): 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
he deserves it sha but ahaaa God have mercy oo

FINALLY EXPOSED!! See Full List Of Boko Haram Sponsors In Nigeria
CLICK HERE TO SEEE==>>http://www.bwgist.com/2015/04/finally-exposed-see-full-list-of-boko.html
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by hamaworld(m): 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
Major achievement of D SS in d democracy era.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by yaskarahyelhope(f): 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
They shd meet his daughter who has capped a seat. She will dish out d money. Except she's not like father like daughter.

Although U hardly see dat!
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by steppin: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ibori?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
Smh for the guy, a disgrace to his people

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
The British government should not expect to recover all stolen funds.

This criminal is so smart that it will take any government donkey years to recover 10% of their stolen wealth.

This is why i suggest corruption deserve capital punishment.

For us to be sure they will never enjoy a penny out of those stolen fund meant for the masses.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Bashirfuntua(m): 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
here to read comment

1 Like

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
Jonathan's second boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
And some Nigerians think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread....

Ah well....let us Nigerians....all continue to praise the looters among us...and call those who call them looterocrats to account liars and bigots. Because in this country....we hate the truth. Truth is not our best friend.

I daresay when James comes marching home...he will get a GLORIOUS reception. And we will make comments about how James is a hero of the African struggle against colonialism, and how we need more people like him. Then off to the Church and the Shrine for the thanks giving....and in a few years....he becomes a Senator....and then eventually retires as a pillar of the society.

Meanwhile....we will be wondering why we still do not have light.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
Lol, See em cheeks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by raziboi(m): 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
[size=56pt] I BLAME OBA OF LAGOS [/size]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by ojdollars(m): 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
Please let him serve the rest of his jail term in Nigeria, we all know that the UK is only acting a script by his jailers who wanted him out. Waas he the only PDP Gov who stole in the OBJ Administration? C'mon now

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Christoskurion: 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
Though highly corrupted(very bad)but his indictment was politically motivated for so many worse than him abound among Nigerian political class(both past and present)which majority of us celebrate today. May God Almighty use the processes he has been undergoing to bring positive change in him as well making him a lesson to others. God,please,may your righteousness cover Nigeria as water covers the sea.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Beautifulemi(f): 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
I nor understand oh! Wet in concern Us tax payers for the matter?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
omenka:
Frankly I'm beginning to feel sorry for this man.

Oloriibu niwor yi

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by hamaworld(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
After u finish serving ur jail term in UK. Come back and serve another jail term afresh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Odisco2(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
Politics of hate led Ibori to this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Andersonken(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ibori again? Truely he is a disgrace to the nigerian government.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by MEILYN(m): 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
Rot in jail. I have no pity for you. If I were the judge I would have sentenced you to 50Years behind bars. I am angry because, You can still come out in 13years time to enjoy your wealth. I wouldn't have given you that opportunity. Bloody criminal.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by menesheh(m): 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
Not only UK citizens taxpayers facing huge bill, they are still meant to pay more and more whenever our magical Buhari start unraveling the huger stolen money kept not only in UK but other western European countries.

Ingrates milking us down from time immemorial praying that we remain remote and destabilize as they envisioned. Na lie we are already on the track of knowledge and rationality.

That's why GEJ is my hero and will remain so untill i see another person of same position who outperform him in trying to put Nigerians first b4 any fvcking ambition.

7 Likes

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
ITT - International thief thief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by mayyorr01(m): 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Melaye Calls For The Scrapping Of "State Of Origin" As A Political Requirement / LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos / Beneficiaries Of Subsidy Ready To Undermine Govt, Says VP Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.