Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) (13146 Views)

Indeed! This Is The Last Time. The Breakdown Of Luke 21:25-27 / Mattew VS John,Mark,Luke: A contradictory gospel (Part1) / 2015 Elections…As Prophets Gives Contradictory Prophesies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by udatso: 8:22am On Apr 19, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I'll do that whenever you use the bible in validating 1+1+1=3 a.k.a Trinity.
Brother, Bible won't help in that one oh. You need to be lead by the holy spirit. Pray, fast then maybe the holy spirit will reveal it to you even though you still won't be able to explain it to others.

Trinity doctrine is what I use in sending evangelists away who keep stopping at my apartment to share the word of God with me.

Trinity and salvation in Christianity : A mystery to the Christians

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by Rilwayne001: 8:26am On Apr 19, 2015
udatso:

Brother, Bible won't help in that one oh. You need to be lead by the holy spirit. Pray, fast then maybe the holy spirit will reveal it to you even though you still won't be able to explain it to others.

Trust me, the dude will be back to give us this line @Underlined. grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 19, 2015
1. There also seems to be 28 generations in Matthew and 43 in Luke; between Joseph and David; a 15 generation difference. At 20-25 years per generation, that would give a difference of 300-350years between the two.

2. Luke's genealogy also contains a glaring error. Between Shem and Abraham, he is clearly following the genealogy in Genesis 11:10-26. At one point, Luke adds a name not present in Genesis 11, namely Cainan.
This is Luke 3:34-36:
the son of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham, the son of Terah, the son of Nahor, the son of Serug, the son of Reu, the son of Peleg, the son of Eber, the son of Shelah, the son of CAINAN, the son of Arphaxad, the son of Shem, the son of Noah, the son of Lamech
Guess the holy spirit forgot it when inspiring 'Moses' to write up Genesis during the 40year journey.

3. Matthew's genealogy omits 6 whole generations. (note that if we add them back, point 1 above still stands, only with a 2.5 century difference, instead of 3.5)
These names are; AHAZIAH, JOASH, AMAZIAH, JEHOIAKIM, JEHOIACHIN (JECONIAH, AKA CONIAH), and ZEDEKIAH were omitted. So not only was Matthew (or whichever 4th century monk wrote 'Matthew') inspired by the holy spirit to miscount 13 as 14, he also misinspired him to claim 14 generations for what was; in reality; 19. ( cf.1Chronicles)

Oh well. Holy spirit mysteries.
Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by malvisguy212: 8:55am On Apr 19, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Trust me, the dude will be back to give us this line @Underlined. grin grin
in Islamic home, muslims don't understand the nature of God,the name god is like a title to superhuman and in Islam we see how muslims are eagerly to appease there god to do work base theology,it is only in Christianity you see a God who want to have a personal relationship with his creator, muhammed died muslims lost communication with Allah, there only link is dead, that why muslims home don't encounter God, if you claimed to worship God who never revealed himself to you or show you sign, then you need to seat down and ask your self a serious question.

I am still expecting a reply to my thread.

1 Like

Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
in Islamic home, muslims don't understand the nature of God,the name god is like a title to superhuman and in Islam we see how muslims are eagerly to appease there god to do work base theology,it is only in Christianity you see a God who want to have a personal relationship with his creator, muhammed died muslims lost communication with Allah, there only link is dead, that why muslims home don't encounter God, if you claimed to worship God who never revealed himself to you or show you sign, then you need to seat down and ask your self a serious question.

I am still expecting a reply to my thread.

IRRELEVANT. STICK TO TOPIC.
Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by malvisguy212: 9:03am On Apr 19, 2015
Abuamam:

IRRELEVANT. STICK TO TOPIC.
topic has been debunked.
None of you guys even attempt this.
https://www.nairaland.com/2263213/claim-god-advocates-modesty-sexual

Surah 56:22-23: “And there will be
HOURIS
(FAIR FEMALES) with wide, lovely
eyes as wives FOR THE PIOUS, Like unto
preserved pearls.
Can Allah’s reward of unlimited sex,
day in and day out, really satisfy the
spiritual aspiration of a truly God-
fearing person?
Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by malvisguy212: 9:19am On Apr 19, 2015
Abuamam:
1. There also seems to be 28 generations in Matthew and 43 in Luke; between Joseph and David; a 15 generation difference. At 20-25 years per generation, that would give a difference of 300-350years between the two.

2. Luke's genealogy also contains a glaring error. Between Shem and Abraham, he is clearly following the genealogy in Genesis 11:10-26. At one point, Luke adds a name not present in Genesis 11, namely Cainan.
This is Luke 3:34-36:
the son of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham, the son of Terah, the son of Nahor, the son of Serug, the son of Reu, the son of Peleg, the son of Eber, the son of Shelah, the son of CAINAN, the son of Arphaxad, the son of Shem, the son of Noah, the son of Lamech
Guess the holy spirit forgot it when inspiring 'Moses' to write up Genesis during the 40year journey.

3. Matthew's genealogy omits 6 whole generations. (note that if we add them back, point 1 above still stands, only with a 2.5 century difference, instead of 3.5)
These names are; AHAZIAH, JOASH, AMAZIAH, JEHOIAKIM, JEHOIACHIN (JECONIAH, AKA CONIAH), and ZEDEKIAH were omitted. So not only was Matthew (or whichever 4th century monk wrote 'Matthew') inspired by the holy spirit to miscount 13 as 14, he also misinspired him to claim 14 generations for what was; in reality; 19. ( cf.1Chronicles)

Oh well. Holy spirit mysteries.
Luke’s 41 generations, spanning more than 900 years from David’s death to the birth of Christ about 5 BC., average about 24 years each, as compared with Matthew’s 26 generations averaging 37 years each. The intentional omission of at least 4 names by Matthew suggests
the possibility that he may have omitted still others in the relatively obscure period between the Testaments. An average span of 24 years between a man’s own birth and that of his successor is far more probable than 37 years.
Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by truthman2012(m): 9:27am On Apr 19, 2015
If the accusations in the OP is true, then allah must have made a serious mistake by calling the Disciples TRUE WITNESSES:

Quran 3:52 Pickthal] But when Jesus became conscious of their disbelief, he cried: Who will be my helpers in the cause of Allah? The disciples said: We will be Allah's helpers. We believe in Allah, and bear thou witness that we have surrendered (unto Him).

[Quran 3:53 Pickphal] Our Lord! We believe in that which Thou hast revealed and we follow him whom Thou hast sent. Enrol us among those who witness (to THE TRUTH).

Muslims do know better than their god when it comes to arguments.

The Disciples wrote the Gospel with their utmost honesty and if there is any mistake, it was in utmost good faith. Genealogy is not so much important to the Gospel and it was not an account by Jesus Himself. Muhammad's companions might not be able to tell his accurate genealogy from a long distance and if they were asked to do so, their account would vary.

Do you discover quran does not attempt to tell any genealogy of any prophets? It shows you it is not an important issue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by Rilwayne001: 10:01am On Apr 19, 2015
Scholar8200:
Yes but it was referred to because God made them one and not even genealogists who understood this could remove one from the family tree of the other. Mary was Joseph's wife and was made one with Joseph
.Mary was Joseph's wife & was made one with Joseph by God (Matt 19:6)

I can now see that you are trying to attach to this, and if this is what you want to hold on to i.e. trying to tell us that since Joseph has gotten married to Mary then Mary's genealogy is the same with Joseph, when actually they werent married when she conceived jesus, they were only engaged Mat 1:18 This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. then I have no option than to give up on you.

The bolded needs scriptural proof.

Oh! so upon all the scriptural proof I cited, you are still asking me for prove Well, I will paste it here again.

Let me now turn to 1 king 11 you used in validating your point above. 1Ki 11:11,13 So the LORD said to Solomon, "Since this is your attitude and you have not kept my covenant and my decrees, which I commanded you, I will most certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your subordinates... Yet I will not tear the whole kingdom from him, but will give him one tribe for the sake of David my servant and for the sake of Jerusalem, which I have chosen. " << What you seem not to get @the bolded in your comment up there is that, the verse was never saying that the kingdom will be taken away totally from Solomon descendant, but rather a faction will be taken away and will be given to his tribesmen. but this doesn't in anyway stop the promise child from his descendent as highlighted in the underlined.

Prove of this ^^ assertion
Readin the chapter further in 1Ki 11:31,32,34, 35 Then he said to Jeroboam, "Take ten pieces for yourself, for this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'See, I am going to tear the kingdom out of Solomon's hand and give you ten tribes. But for the sake of my servant David and the city of Jerusalem, which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Israel, he will have one tribe "'But I will not take the whole kingdom out of Solomon's hand; I have made him ruler all the days of his life for the sake of David my servant, whom I chose and who observed my commands and statutes. I will take the kingdom from his son's hands and give you ten tribes. I will [size=15pt] give one tribe to his son so that David my servant may always have a lamp before me in Jerusalem, [/size] the city where I chose to put my Name.

The Onus is now on you to prove to us that the above is not about SOLOMON, secondly the onus is on you to prove to us that the above is about NATHAN.

Isaiah 9:6,7 "For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder and His Name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor. . . Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end , upon the throne of David and upon His kingdom ..." Isaiah 11 is another prophesy, there Christ is called A Rod out of the stem of Jesse, David's father.

The underlined refute your arguement above, what you are trying to tell us is that the promise is with David and not solomon, But you neglected my post especially where i cited 1Ki 11:11,13 So the LORD said to Solomon, "Since this is your attitude and you have not kept my covenant and my decrees, which I commanded you, I will most certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your subordinates... Yet I will not tear the whole kingdom from him, [size=15pt] but will give him one tribe for the sake of David my servant and for the sake of Jerusalem, which I have chosen. [/size]

So sir, can you provide a verse such has the above which is directed at NATHAN or any other son of David? am waiting.

,& not a foreigner like those mentioned; this clarifies it. kindly see Luke 1:35, Matt 1:18,24,25. Pls read those. But also note that Mary said in Luke 2:48. . . "behold your father (Joseph) and I have sought you sorrowing" Jesus did not deny Mary's statement as untrue but gave a reply that was to remind her of His purpose on earth and Heavenly Father just as God becomes our Father when we give our lives to Christ and we still do not deny our earthly father. Indeed it appears you are overlooking the culture where an in-law was recognised for genealogical purpose. Well, it has been explained in previous posts. But ignoring what can be substantiated, if you'll be objective in ur search, I'm afraid lives us going in circles. All others after Solomon did not inherit the promise because the original scope was all Israel 1 Chronicles 17:7,11,12 not just a tribe. Note that angel Gabriel said Luke 1:32

Prove to to us with scriptural backing that another son of David apart from solomon is the line through which Jesus will come.

"HE shall be Great , and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto Him the Throne of His father David (not Solomon) and He shall reign over the house of Jacob ( note the scope, not Judah or Jerusalem alone)

The bolded is your opinion, and your opinion doesn't count until you cite scripture to support it. I have here my scriptural backing to my assertion
1Ki 11:36 I will give one tribe to his son so that [size=15pt] David my servant may always have a lamp before me in Jerusalem, the city where I chose to put my Name. [/size] << This verse is directed at SOLOMON's son and not solomon himself.

I'll like to see your comment on this^^

The bolded is not my argument rather my focus is on the marriage btwn the two by which they became one.

They were not married before Mary conceived Jesus, if this is the straw you want to attach this arguement to, then i have no option than to give up on you. '
Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
Luke’s 41 generations, spanning more than 900 years from David’s death to the birth of Christ about 5 BC., average about 24 years each, as compared with Matthew’s 26 generations averaging 37 years each. The intentional omission of at least 4 names by Matthew suggests
the possibility that he may have omitted still others in the relatively obscure period between the Testaments. An average span of 24 years between a man’s own birth and that of his successor is far more probable than 37 years.

Are you saying that 'Luke's' genealogy is more probable than 'Matthew's'? Ok. So we dump 'Matthew's' as being a lie.

'Luke' made an error also by adding Cainan to his genealogy. Do we dump the gospel 'according to Luke' also? Or do we dump the book of Genesis for omitting it?

truthman2012:
If the accusations in the OP is true, then allah must have made a serious mistake by calling the Disciples TRUE WITNESSES:
Quran 3:52 Pickthal] But when Jesus became conscious of their disbelief, he cried: Who will be my helpers in the cause of Allah? The disciples said: We will be Allah's helpers. We believe in Allah, and bear thou witness that we have surrendered (unto Him).
[Quran 3:53 Pickphal] Our Lord! We believe in that which Thou hast revealed and we follow him whom Thou hast sent. Enrol us among those who witness (to THE TRUTH).
Muslims do know better than their god when it comes to arguments.
The Disciples wrote the Gospel with their utmost honesty and if there is any mistake, it was in utmost good faith. Genealogy is not so much important to the Gospel and it was not an account by Jesus Himself. Muhammad's companions might not be able to tell his accurate genealogy from a long distance and if they were asked to do so, their account would vary.
Do you discover quran does not attempt to tell any genealogy of any prophets? It shows you it is not an important issue.

Lol. We are in the 21st century, not xtian dark ages. Nobody today (except evangelicals) believes that the ACTUAL disciples wrote any part of the NT; just because their names were fraudulently appended thereto. The only books of the NT whose authorship can be guessed at with any degree of objective analysis, are SOME letters of Paul. And hard as he tried to justify his heathen amalgamation of Roman gods and reformed Judaism, Paul was NEVER a disciple of Jesus.
The Quran endorsed the TRUE disciples of Jesus (as), not frudulent 4th century monks passing off their writings as disciples.

NT genealogy is important in the sense that it is one more clue that shows off your NT as one big fraud (MAYBE with a few accurate sayings of the prophet Isa (as) here and there).

malvisguy212:
topic has been debunked.
None of you guys even attempt this.
https://www.nairaland.com/2263213/claim-god-advocates-modesty-sexual
Surah 56:22-23: “And there will be
HOURIS
(FAIR FEMALES) with wide, lovely
eyes as wives FOR THE PIOUS, Like unto
preserved pearls.
Can Allah’s reward of unlimited sex,
day in and day out, really satisfy the
spiritual aspiration of a truly God-
fearing person?

Attempt what. While sex is one of the pleasures of this world which will be magnified for us in the hereafter; just like food and drink; Our spiritual pleasure will lie more greatly in the perception of the Presence and Company of our Lord.

We do not follow the sex-guilt of middle ages leaders of xtianity. Sex is a natural part of life; and in Islam, having lawful sex with one's spouse is not only meant to be enjoyable for both parties, God will even reward Muslims for the act of lawful marital sex.

Go and gnash your teeth in frustration if you don't like it; while pondering your percieved fate of everlasting boredom; sitting on a cloud forever, fanning your wings, singing halelluiah and playing on your golden harp.

Back to topic of genealogy in the Bible, which you guys are trying so hard to derail.

1 Like

Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by truthman2012(m): 11:25am On Apr 19, 2015
Abuamam:

Are you saying that 'Luke's' genealogy is more probable than 'Matthew's'? Ok. So we dump 'Matthew's' as being a lie.

'Luke' made an error also by adding Cainan to his genealogy. Do we dump the gospel 'according to Luke' also? Or do we dump the book of Genesis for omitting it?

Lol. We are in the 21st century, not xtian dark ages. Nobody today (except evangelicals) believes that the ACTUAL disciples wrote any part of the NT; just because their names were fraudulently appended thereto. The only books of the NT whose authorship can be guessed at with any degree of objective analysis, are SOME letters of Paul. And hard as he tried to justify his heathen amalgamation of Roman gods and reformed Judaism, Paul was NEVER a disciple of Jesus.
The Quran endorsed the TRUE disciples of Jesus (as), not frudulent 4th century monks passing off their writings as disciples.

NT genealogy is important in the sense that it is one more clue that shows off your NT as one big fraud (MAYBE with a few accurate sayings of the prophet Isa (as) here and there).

If you say the NT is a fraud, what do you call the quran? I noticed all of you are looking away from my thread for inability to defend allah's fraud in the quran. See it again:

https://www.nairaland.com/2260353/muslims-why-did-fail-probe

Paul wrote many epistles of the Gospel. If there was anyone who should attract allahh's attention in the bible, it is Paul. Paul had written all he wrote before Muhammad's islam, but allahh didn't dispute his writings as you islam adherents are doing today. The bible had exited in the form it is now before Muhammad's islam, yet allah didn't make any comment about him. It shows allahh was forced to bow to Paul's writings. The miracles allahh and his prophet, muhammad were unable to perform were Paul's normal evangelical life.

Allahh claimed to have given Jesus a book as in: He (Jesus) said: Surely I am a servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet (Quran 19:30 Shakir).

Who wrote the Book and where is it if not the writings of the Disciple?

2 Likes

Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by malvisguy212: 12:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
Abuamam:

Attempt what. While sex is one of the pleasures of this world which will be magnified for us in the hereafter; just like food and drink; Our spiritual pleasure will lie more greatly in the perception of the Presence and Company of our Lord.

We do not follow the sex-guilt of middle ages leaders of xtianity. Sex is a natural part of life; and in Islam, having lawful sex with one's spouse is not only meant to be enjoyable for both parties, God will even reward Muslims for the act of lawful marital sex.

Go and gnash your teeth in frustration if you don't like it; while pondering your percieved fate of everlasting boredom; sitting on a cloud forever, fanning your wings, singing halelluiah and playing on your golden harp.

Back to topic of genealogy in the Bible, which you guys are trying so hard to derail.
what do you understand here?
" Luke’s 41 generations, spanning
more than 900 years from David’s
death to the birth of Christ about 5
BC., average about 24 years each, as
compared with Matthew’s 26
generations averaging 37 years
each."
Read this link http://www.kjvtoday.com/home/should-cainan-be-in-the-genealogy-in-luke-336
Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by Scholar8200(m): 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
Now let's see Luke 2:48,". . . And His mother said unto Him, Son, why hast Thou thus dealt with us? Behold Thy father and I have sought Thee sorrowing. Christ did not reject her declaration in fact He went with them and was subject to them. Luke 2:51 " and He went down with them and was subject unto them." Even the people realized this Matthew 21:9 . . And the multitudes . . . Cried saying Hosanna to the Son of David. David himself prophesied about Him in Psalm 110:1, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit Thou at My Right Hand until I make Thine enemies Thy Footstool.. David did further in Psalm 2(do read through) And if we say He was a Child remember that at that age He astonished the doctors of the law with His understanding and answers. Luke 2:46,47 I believe this is sufficient proof if we'll be sincere. I'd wish you realize that we cant rewrite history and edit the culture of others( as it concerns sons and sons in law in genealogy) A son of Solomon marries a daughter of Nathan, though marriage identifies her with her husband's tribe, her own family tree must still be traced and here they use what's common practice for their culture which you've chosen to ignore. In fact, another practice was that a dead man's wife became his brother's to raise up seed for his dead brother (not for himself!) Genesis 38:7,8,9; Deut 25:5,6.I believe the omission of Cainan is what it is- an Omission. In fact there were times when there were omissions Ezra 2:62 . Yes Solomon's son took over just one tribe but the Ultimate fulfilment is Christ Revelations 22:16," I Jesus have sent Mine angel to testify unto you these things in the Churches. I Am the Root and the Offspring of David. . ," Well I believe this rests the matter objectively. I recognise your desire to give up no problem. But note that the writers of the gospels were not professional scribes writing historical books for academic purposes but Luke wrote to Theophilus that the latter may be assured of what he believed and writing to such royalty from a nation passionate for knowledge demands care else you'll be refuted (LUKE 1:3,4) John wrote thus John 20:31 But these are written that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God and that believing you might have life through His Name. In any case, thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by Rilwayne001: 4:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
Scholar8200:
Now let's see Luke 2:48,". . . And His mother said unto Him, Son, why hast Thou thus dealt with us? Behold Thy father and I have sought Thee sorrowing. Christ did not reject her declaration in fact He went with them and was subject to them. Luke 2:51 " and He went down with them and was subject unto them."

What we ought to ask in this verse of LUKE is that what was the response of jesus to Mary's Lamentation that they (both Mary and Joseph) have been astonishingly searching for him, that he obeyed his mother and went with them doesn't mean that he didn't reject Joseph as his father, let's check the verse again.

MARY: Luk 2:48 "Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you."

JESUS: Luk 2:49 "Why were you searching for me?" he asked. "Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?"

I don't think anyone reading this verse or anyone at the point where the occurence happened and saw jesus direct response to Mary's question will think it twice that Joseph is his biological father, one will wonder that which other father is he talking about?.

Even the people realized this Matthew 21:9 . . And the multitudes . . . Cried saying Hosanna to the Son of David. David himself prophesied about Him in Psalm 110:1, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit Thou at My Right Hand until I make Thine enemies Thy Footstool.. David did further in Psalm 2(do read through) And if we say He was a Child remember that at that age He astonished the doctors of the law with His understanding and answers. Luke 2:46,47 I believe this is sufficient proof if we'll be sincere.

I'm not saying that he's not david descendant, but through whom was he to come between Solomon and Nathan as Mattew and Luke left us wuth the problem of choosing one from the two. This glaring contadiction is why I opened this thread.

I'd wish you realize that we cant rewrite history and edit the culture of others( as it concerns sons and sons in law in genealogy) A son of Solomon marries a daughter of Nathan, though marriage identifies her with her husband's tribe, her own family tree must still be traced and here they use what's common practice for their culture which you've chosen to ignore.

But sir, they were actually not married when Mary conceived jesus as I pointed out in my last post up there, then saying that their marriage automatically unite their genealogy of Jesus is nothing but fallacy.

In fact, another practice was that a dead man's wife became his brother's to raise up seed for his dead brother (not for himself!) Genesis 38:7,8,9; Deut 25:5,6.I believe the omission of Cainan is what it is- an Omission. In fact there were times when there were omissions Ezra 2:62 .

Okay.

Yes Solomon's son took over just one tribe but the Ultimate fulfilment is Christ Revelations 22:16," I Jesus have sent Mine angel to testify unto you these things in the Churches. I Am the Root and the Offspring of David . . ,"

We know he is an offspring of David, but the question is through whom? what you wanted us to understand is that it wasnt through solomon's son, then I asked you up there to explain this to us 1Ki 11:11,13 So the LORD said to Solomon, "Since this is your attitude and you have not kept my covenant and my decrees, which I commanded you, I will most certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your subordinates... Yet I will not tear the whole kingdom from him, [size=15pt] but will give him one tribe for the sake of David my servant and for the sake of Jerusalem, which I have chosen. [/size]

The remaining tribe through which we might assume that Jesus is to come aside Solomon is Jeroboam who was given remaining kingdom that was teared away from Solomon.

1Ki 11:31 [b] Then he said to Jeroboam, "Take ten pieces for yourself, for this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'See, I am going to tear the kingdom out of Solomon's hand and give you ten tribes.

This definitely mean that, the messiah is to come from either solomon's son or jeroboam. Then we ask where is Nathan tha Luke allegedly add as the next genealogy after david?

Just admit that LUKE tried to deceive us that Joseph wasnt the father of Jesus, hence the reason why he used nathan, and for mattew that used Solomon as the next genealogy after david, then, definitely he was trying to say Joseph had intercourse with Mary and he is the bbiological father of Jesus..or that both genealogy are nothing but another inconsistency in the bible. Shikena

1 Like

Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by Scholar8200(m): 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
But what else does espousal mean if not marriage Matthew 1:18 Luke 1:27, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph. I believe this is sufficient proof if we'll be sincere. I'd wish you realize that we cant rewrite history and edit the culture of others( as it concerns sons and sons in law in genealogy) A son of Solomon marries a daughter of Nathan, though marriage identifies her with her husband's tribe, her own family tree must still be traced and here they use what's common practice for their culture which you've chosen to ignore.

1 Like

Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by Empiree: 8:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
[quote author=truthman2012 post=32880599]

If you say the NT is a fraud, what do you call the quran? I noticed all of you are looking away from my thread for inability to defend allah's fraud in the quran. See it again:

https://www.nairaland.com/2260353/muslims-why-did-fail-probe

Paul wrote many epistles of the Gospel. If there was anyone who should attract allahh's attention in the bible, it is Paul. Paul had written all he wrote before Muhammad's islam, but allahh didn't dispute his writings as you islam adherents are doing today.
Lol, you dont seize to amaze me. Well, There is something called "System Of Meaning" by which a verse or verses of the Qur'an are understood without direct mentioning of individual. Allah does not recognize Mr. Paul, the founder of Christianity. I am glad you said he wrote the Bible, which means it has nothing to do with Jesus and his authentic message. Allah sent Isa(Jesus-the son of Mary) to Israelite NOT Paul. So by system of meaning, Quran sums it up in this verse. (Baqarah 79)

"So woe to those who write the "scripture" with their own hands, then say, "This is from Allah ," in order to exchange it for a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn."

So this verse^ is clear enough that Quran already referred to Paul and other known and unknown writers of the Bibles. Bible itself recorded this fact:

[size=16pt]“`How can you say, “We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD,” when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?’ (From the NIV Bible, Jeremiah 8:cool”[/size]

"Lying pen" sums it. grin grin grin

The bible had exited in the form it is now before Muhammad's islam, yet allah didn't make any comment about him. It shows allahh was forced to bow to Paul's writings. The miracles allahh and his prophet, muhammad were unable to perform were Paul's normal evangelical life.

Allahh claimed to have given Jesus a book as in: He (Jesus) said: Surely I am a servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet (Quran 19:30 Shakir).

Who wrote the Book and where is it if not the writings of the Disciple?
@ bold, the question is which Bible?. You have over 40 different contradictory versions. All of them can not be from God. But if you insist, I ask you, did God reveal Women Bible, Skate Bible, Kiddie Bible, Homosexual Bible as well?. I already dealt with this stuff on two threads.

I hate to say this but I think it is necessary so you know how Bible scholars have shot themselves in the foot.

[size=14pt]The Entire Bible Is Corrupted Anyway According To Its Theologians![/size]

The Bible itself admits that it has been tampered with and corrupted by man’s alterations and corruptions:

“`How can you say, “We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD,” when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?’ (From the NIV Bible, Jeremiah 8:cool

The Revised Standard Version makes it even clearer: “How can you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie. (From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:cool

And regarding who wrote the books and gospels of the Bible, well here is a sample of what the NIV Bible’s theologians and historians wrote:

Serious doubts exists as to whether these verses belong to the Gospel of Mark. They are absent from important early manuscripts and display certain peculiarities of vocabulary, style and theological content that are unlike the rest of Mark. His Gospel probably ended at 16:8, or its original ending has been lost. (From the NIV Bible Foot Notes, page 1528)”

“Although the author does not name himself, evidence outside the Scriptures and inferences from the book itself lead to the conclusion that the author was Luke. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 1643)”

The writer of this letter does not identify himself, but he was obviously well known to the original recipients. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 1856)”

“The letter is difficult to date with precision….(From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 1905)”

“It seems safe to conclude that the book, at least in its early form, dates from the beginning of the monarchy. Some think that Samuel may have had a hand in shaping or compiling the materials of the book, but in fact we are unsure who the final author or editor was. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 286)”

“Although, according to tradition, Samuel wrote the book, authorship is actually uncertain. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 322)”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by Empiree: 8:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
Further,

“The date of the composition is also unknown, but it was undoubtedly during the monarchy. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 322)”

The author is unknown. Jewish tradition points to Samuel, but it is unlikely that he is the author because the mention of David (4:17,22) implies a later date. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 360)”

Who the author was cannot be known with certainty since the book itself gives no indication of his identity. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 368)”

“There is little conclusive evidence as to the identity of the author of 1,2 Kings. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 459)”

Whoever the author was, it is clear that he was familiar with the book of Deuteronomy. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 459)”

“According to ancient Jewish tradition, Ezra wrote Chronicles, Ezra and Nehemiah (see Introduction to Ezra: Literary Form and Authorship), but this cannot be established with certainty. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 569)”

Although we do not know who wrote the book of Esther, from internal evidence it is possible to make some inferences about the author and the date of composition. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 707)”

The unknown author probably had access to oral and/or written sources….(From the NIV Bible commentary, page 722)”

Regarding authorship, opinions are even more divided….(From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 773)”

So is this "holy book" you want us to believe?. God is not the author of confusion. If these dont open your eyes, I dont know what will.

Cc:truthman2012

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by sukkot: 7:45am On Apr 20, 2015
my bros Rilwayne make we leave matter for matthias lol. there was no human being named jesus christ. it is a title for a group of people. it means THOSE ANOINTED WITH THE WORD. there are many jesus christs. bible is allegory not literal grin
Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by Scholar8200(m): 8:59am On Apr 20, 2015
For Jeremiah 8:8 Kindly avoid out-of-context interpretations, Judgement for such is grave. Vs 4 shows it was the Lord speaking and Vs 11 explains what God meant: the false prophets (in Jeremiah's time) were twisting the Law and assuring them of safety (like some pastors do today) while they continued in their wickedness Jeremiah 8:6 see also Jeremiah 23:15-22,25-32. There were true Prophets too.
How do ye say, we are wise,.... Which they were continually boasting of, though they were ignorant of the judgment of the Lord, and were more stupid than the stork, turtle, crane, and swallow:

and the law of the Lord is with us? this was the foundation of their boast, because the law was given to them, and not to the nations of the world, which knew not God, and therefore they must be a wise and understanding people; and this law continued with them, they had it in their synagogues, and in their houses, and read it, and heard, or at least they might and ought to have heard and read it, and in this they trusted; of this character and cast were the Jews in the times of Christ and his apostles, Romans 2:17 to which agrees the Targum,

"how say ye, we are wise, and in the law of the Lord we trust?''

Lo, certainly in vain made he it; either the law, which was made or given in vain by the Lord to this people, since they made no better use of it, and valued themselves upon having it, without acting according to it; or the pen of the scribe, which was made by him in vain to write it, as follows:

the pen of the scribes is in vain; in vain, and to no purpose, were the scribes employed in writing out copies of the law, when either it was not heard or read, or however the things it enjoined were not put in practice; or the pen of the scribes was in vain, when employed in writing out false copies of the law, or false glosses and interpretations of it, such as were made by the Scribes and Pharisees in Christ's time, and the fathers before them, by whose traditions the word of God was made of none effect: and so the Targum,

"therefore, lo, in vain the scribe hath made the lying pen to falsify;''

that is, the Scriptures. The words may be rendered,

"verily, behold, with a lie he wrought; the pen: is the lie of the scribes (h).''

(h) "utique ecce, mendacio operatus est; stylus mendacium scribarum est", Schmidt. Approved by Reinbeck. De Accent. Heb. p. 435.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary
Meanwhile I must commend your exegesis, I believe my Bible more. It shows the sincerity of the NIV committee- they were not concealing the above in a bid to 'help' the Bible's acceptability. Indeed I should find it highly ludicrous that a compendium, the various contents of which was written over a period of 16 centuries by about 40 authors who wrote at different centuries most of which were not aware of the other's writings yet there was uniformity as regards it's main Subject,majorly custodised by a nation with a chequered history of captivity, freedom, wars, dispersal, genocides and loss of monuments and other distinctives, long term denial of nation hood etc, would present sans issues such as were raised by the people quoted by Empiree.
Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by Rilwayne001: 9:03am On Apr 20, 2015
sukkot:
my bros Rilwayne make we leave matter for matthias lol. there was no human being named jesus christ. it is a title for a group of people. it means THOSE ANOINTED WITH THE WORD. there are many jesus christs. bible is allegory not literal grin

My kind sire smiley ..... the two underlined is that reason why I like you grin grin grin … but how come most christians are not aware of that?
Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by Scholar8200(m): 9:07am On Apr 20, 2015
Simple, it is simply Sukkot's opinion.
Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by sukkot: 9:09am On Apr 20, 2015
Rilwayne001:

My kind sire smiley ..... the two underlined is that reason why I like you grin grin grin … but how come most christians are not aware of that?
well you know the religion christianity is an indoctrination. its like being put in a hypnotic trance. once you have being cloaked with the religion, you become scared to leave. my brother nobody wants to burn in literal fire for ever and ever and ever and ever. fire dey pain ooo my bros grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by Rilwayne001: 9:14am On Apr 20, 2015
sukkot:
well you know the religion christianity is an indoctrination. its like being put in a hypnotic trance. once you have being cloaked with the religion, you become scared to leave. my brother nobody wants to burn in literal fire for ever and ever and ever and ever. fire dey pain ooo my bros grin grin

grin grin LWKM
Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by sukkot: 9:15am On Apr 20, 2015
Scholar8200:
not my opinion. it is a fact. its in the bible if you read it very well. the bible itself tells you these stories are allegories. not saying they didnt happen, but they did not happen how they are literally presented in the bible. they happened but those names used for people are just classifications and not actual human names. for example i write a story about how nigeria and biafra fought in the biafran war. if i am to write the story allegorically i present nigeria as an individual named john, and biafra as an individual named james. and then i proceed to write the story like ' and james was pissed off with john so they start fighting each other ' etc etc. the story did actually happen. john fought james. however there is no human being named john or james. they are cover names. same way the bible is written

1 Like

Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by sukkot: 9:20am On Apr 20, 2015
Scholar8200:
GALATIANS 4 VS 22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
<<< SEE THE BIBLE TELLING YOU ABRAHAM NEVER EXISTED ? IT SAYS THE STORY IS AN ALLEGORY. SO IF ABRAHAM NEVER EXISTED AND HE IS THE FORE-BEARER OF THE CHARACTERS IN THE BIBLE YOU CAN START TO APPRECIATE THAT THE BOOK IS DEEPER THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE. IT IS SYMBOLIC PARABOLIC AND ALLEGORY. IT IS NOT MEANT TO BE UNDERSTOOD BY BUT A FEW PEOPLE.
Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by Scholar8200(m): 9:20am On Apr 20, 2015
sukkot:
not my opinion. it is a fact. its in the bible if you read it very well. [b]the bible itself tells you these stories are allegories. not saying they didnt happen, but they did not happen how they are literally presented in the bible. they happened but those names used for people are just classifications and not actual human names. for example i write a story about how nigeria and biafra fought in the biafran war. if i am to write the story allegorically i present nigeria as an individual named john, and biafra as an individual named james. and then i proceed to write the story like ' and james was pissed off with john so they start fighting each other ' etc etc. the story did actually happen. john fought james. however there is no human being named john or james. they are cover names. same way the bible is written[/b]
But these names and places and the nation in question exists today. CAn you please guide me to some of these references,@ the colored? Now the one in italics is a contradiction. The dictionary meaning of allegory(which the Bible is not) suggests that the stories are fictitious. It's easy. If the nation involved was a lost city I'd understand. but if it be a nation still existing with its own national history. . .
Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by sukkot: 9:23am On Apr 20, 2015
Scholar8200:
But these names and places and the nation in question exists today. CAn you please guide me to some of these references,@ the bolded?
I just did provide a galatian verse. and i am not saying the places in the bible did not exist. they exist. are the stories true ? yes they are true. but is there a man named abraham and israel and adam etc etc ? no. those are cover names for nations of people
Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by Scholar8200(m): 9:26am On Apr 20, 2015
sukkot:
I just did provide a galatian verse. and i am not saying the places in the bible did not exist. they exist. are the stories true ? yes they are true. but is there a man named abraham and israel and adam etc etc ? no. those are cover names for nations of people
Would you then rewrite their history(umpteenth time!) and tell them (Israel) that they dont exist even though they trace their descent from these people?
Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by sukkot: 9:32am On Apr 20, 2015
Scholar8200:
Would you then rewrite their history(umpteenth time!) and tell them (Israel) that they dont exist even though they trace their descent from these people?
i never said israel does not exist ( keep in mind israel is not the people in israel today but thats a different story ). what am saying is there is no human being named abraham or jesus christ or noah or adam. i think you need to go look up the word ALLEGORY in the dictionary so you can understand where i am coming from. ALLEGORY is a real story told with made up characters. gerrit ?

1 Like

Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by malvisguy212: 10:42am On Apr 20, 2015
sukkot:
GALATIANS 4 VS 22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
<<< SEE THE BIBLE TELLING YOU ABRAHAM NEVER EXISTED ? IT SAYS THE STORY IS AN ALLEGORY. SO IF ABRAHAM NEVER EXISTED AND HE IS THE FORE-BEARER OF THE CHARACTERS IN THE BIBLE YOU CAN START TO APPRECIATE THAT THE BOOK IS DEEPER THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE. IT IS SYMBOLIC PARABOLIC AND ALLEGORY. IT IS NOT MEANT TO BE UNDERSTOOD BY BUT A FEW PEOPLE.
does that mean all the name written in the geanology of Jesus christ does not exist? The Jewish scripture and talmud confirmed this name exist.
Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by sukkot: 11:01am On Apr 20, 2015
malvisguy212:
does that mean all the name written in the geanology of Jesus christ does not exist? The Jewish scripture and talmud confirmed this name exist.
I dont read hebrew myself but if you add all the names together, there is a coded message in it. its a message and not actual peoples names. some guy who reads hebrew was able to decode some of it. here is it. it is a bit long but try to read it

[b]
A remarkable example of this can be glimpsed in Genesis Chapter 5, where we have the genealogy of Adam through Noah. This is one of those chapters which we often tend to skim over quickly as we pass through Genesis it's simply a genealogy from Adam to Noah.

But God always rewards the diligent student. Let's examine this chapter more closely.

In our Bible, we read the Hebrew names. What do these names mean in English?

A Study of Original Roots

The meaning of proper names can be a difficult pursuit since a direct translation is often not readily available. Even a conventional Hebrew lexicon can prove disappointing. A study of the original roots, however, can yield some fascinating insights.

(A caveat: many study aids, such as a conventional lexicon, can prove rather superficial when dealing with proper nouns. Furthermore, views concerning the meanings of original roots are not free of controversy and variant readings.)

Let's take an example.

The Flood Judgment

Methuselah comes from muth, a root that means "death";1 and from shalach, which means to bring, or to send forth. The name Methuselah means, "his death shall bring".2

Methuselah's father was given a prophecy of the coming Great Flood, and was apparently told that as long as his son was alive, the judgment of the flood would be withheld; but as soon as he died, the flood would be brought or sent forth.

(Can you imagine raising a kid like that? Every time the boy caught a cold, the entire neighborhood must have panicked!)

And, indeed, the year that Methuselah died, the flood came.3

It is interesting that Methuselah's life, in effect, was a symbol of God's mercy in forestalling the coming judgment of the flood.

Therefore, it is fitting that his lifetime is the oldest in the Bible, speaking of the extensiveness of God's mercy.

The Other Names

If there is such significance in Methuselah's name, let's examine the other names to see what may lie behind them.

Adam's name means man. As the first man, that seems straight forward enough.

Seth

Adam's son was named Seth, which means appointed. Eve said, "For God hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew."4

Enosh

Seth's son was called Enosh, which means mortal, frail, or miserable. It is from the root anash, to be incurable, used of a wound, grief, woe, sickness, or wickedness.

It was in the days of Enosh that men began to defile the name of the Living God.5

Kenan

Enosh's son was named Kenan, which can mean sorrow, dirge, or elegy. (The precise denotation is somewhat elusive; some study aids unfortunately presume that Kenan is synonymous with Cainan.)

Balaam, looking down from the heights of Moab, uses a pun upon the name of the Kenites when he prophesies their destruction.6

We have no real idea as to why these names were chosen for their children. Often they may have referred to circumstances at birth, and so on.

Mahalalel

Kenan's son was Mahalalel, from Mahalal which means blessed or praise; and El, the name for God. Thus, Mahalalel means the Blessed God. Often Hebrew names include El, the name of God, as Dan-i-el, "God is my Judge", etc.

Jared

Mahalalel's son was named Jared, from the verb yaradh, meaning shall come down.7

Enoch

Jared's son was named Enoch, which means teaching, or commencement. He was the first of four generations of preachers. In fact, the earliest recorded prophecy was by Enoch, which amazingly enough deals with the Second Coming of Christ (although it is quoted in the Book of Jude in the New Testament):

Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, "Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against."
Jude 14, 15
Methuselah

Enoch was the father of Methuselah, who we have already mentioned. Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah.8 Apparently, Enoch received the prophecy of the Great Flood, and was told that as long as his son was alive, the judgment of the flood would be withheld. The year that Methuselah died, the flood came.

Enoch, of course, never died: he was translated 9 (or, if you'll excuse the expression, raptured ). That's how Methuselah can be the oldest man in the Bible, yet he died before his father!

Lamech

Methuselah's son was named Lamech, a root still evident today in our own English word, lament or lamentation. Lamech suggests despairing.

(This name is also linked to the Lamech in Cain's line who inadvertently killed his son Tubal-Cain in a hunting incident.10)

Noah

Lamech, of course, is the father of Noah, which is derived from nacham, to bring relief or comfort, as Lamech himself explains in Genesis 5:29.

The Composite List

Now let's put it all together:

Hebrew English
Adam Man
Seth Appointed
Enosh Mortal
Kenan Sorrow;
Mahalalel The Blessed God
Jared Shall come down
Enoch Teaching
Methuselah His death shall bring
Lamech The Despairing
Noah Rest, or comfort.
That's rather remarkable:[/b]

[size=14pt]Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow; (but) the Blessed God shall come down teaching (that) His death shall bring (the) despairing rest.[/size]

Here's the Gospel hidden within a genealogy in Genesis!

(You will never convince me that a group of Jewish rabbis conspired to hide the Christian Gospel right here in a genealogy within their venerated Torah!)
Re: Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) by Scholar8200(m): 11:21am On Apr 20, 2015
sukkot:
i never said israel does not exist ( keep in mind israel is not the people in israel today but thats a different story ). what am saying is there is no human being named abraham or jesus christ or noah or adam. i think you need to go look up the word ALLEGORY in the dictionary so you can understand where i am coming from. ALLEGORY is a real story told with made up characters. gerrit ?
Just because the word was used in one verse makes you generalise it to the whole Bible? And if I may ask who then are the 'real' characters? Why then are some of those places still existing with the same names today? Why did Paul in the same book say the gentiles who believe in Christ are blessed with Abraham if he was non existent? Does the proverb,"is Saul also among the prophets?" an excuse to say the whole issue of the Kings down through to the captivity by Babylon, Assyria etc a proverb? Remember the latter brings in the history of not only Jews but other extant nations. Can you with scripture vis a vis history of these nations intelligently and logically support your claim?( other than sweeping generalisations of mind blowing proportions!) And supposing you decide to use your other argument of 'it actually happened' then show us the real people or descendants who hold your belief (else you would rewrite their history!) backed by undeniable proofs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny / Juju For Incurable Sickness, Badluck & Madness For Enemies / Does God Really Know The Future?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.