Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,989 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

If You Cheat On Me, You Must Die - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / If You Cheat On Me, You Must Die (820 Views)

Who Cheat More In A Relationship/marriage?men Or Women / When Nature Decides To Cheat On Your Future. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Cheat On Me, You Must Die by opustjk: 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
Sotonye's hands shook as she picked up the gun.

She could still hear them in the guest room.

How could this be happening ?

How how how?

She had been loving, she had been caring.....and to think this was happening,was just absurd.

She checked to be sure the gun was loaded.

Of course it was.she thought.

She always kept it loaded ......just in case.

Their neighbor hood wasn't famous for it's security.There had been enough robberies and kidnappings in this town to warrant extra security.

So she had gotten a small revolver,....just to be safe.

She hadn't ever considered using it one day.Though she'd been taught the basics of cleaning,loading and firing the damn thing.

She never thought she would actually USE it one day .

To her,getting the gun was kinda like having a condom.

Better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it.

As she pressed the steel into her hand,she heard Samantha throw off yet another scream in ecstacy.

That slut!She thought.

That Two- Faced-Good-for-nothing-Backstabbing Slut.

How could she do this to her?Sotonye thought as she carefully closed her secret steel box.

It was where she kept the gun.

She'd bought it on her last trip to the UK.

It was essentially a small metal safe.The key code combination was her birthday.

Funny,she thought as a series of loud "sex" sounds came from the bedroom,Nengi never guessed the combination.

After being married for Five years you'd think that he would but,no .

He'd tried a couple of times and just went,"....hian!exactly what is the combination?"

She'd smiled.but she never told him.It was her secret.and who says married couples can't have secrets?.

She'd told him about getting a gun,and all he'd given her was a statistical report on how dangerous it was to have guns in the house.

He was such a Sissy sometimes.

She took a deep breath and slowly walked towards the room....where the sounds were coming from.

This was a classic Hollywood/Nollywood movie scenario.She thought to herself as she approached the door.

It almost read like a NewsPaper Headline.
"WIFE CATCHES HUBBY IN BED WITH HER BEST FRIEND....turn to page 6 for inside story."

"You come home to find your husband in bed humping the crap out of your best friend ....what do you do?"she whispered to herself.

She hated Samantha,but hated Nengi even more.

Sotonye had decided to come home for lunch that day.

Why?

Well,her favorite eatery had decided to throw in some Well-Seasoned Maggots into her Egusi soup that day.

She'd almost thrown up when she'd seen the tiny corpses in her plate.

It was just disgusting.How could an establishment like that be so careless?She thought.

Maggots in her soup?

She'd left the eatery mad as a hatter.

Strangely enough she hadn't lost her appetite.
She was just pissed off at the "Maggot-Serving establishment.

I mean,what was the world coming to?She thought.

She recalled that they'd been some left over fried rice in the fridge.

She usually packed some for Nengi before he left for work.

It was just weird how much he loved fried rice.

So why didn't she just pack some for herself?

Well,.... the truth was,she had moods for fried rice.

And hated lunch packs.Enough said.
Anyway so she decided to come home for lunch.

And what did she find?

Her husband and her best friend going at it like Jackrabbits.

She felt betrayed...... she felt taken for granted,......she felt MAD.

So this why Samantha's phone had been switched off?

She took a deep breath,then she stepped opened the door.

Samantha was on top.

The room was humid and the air smelled of .....THEM.

Samatha's back glistened with sweat as they moved in unison.

Their motions were slow...and intense as a secret fire built up inside their bodies .

Had to give Samantha points for technique though,she was good.Sotonye Concluded.

Nengi was making sounds she never thought his vocal chords could handle.

"Hello?"Sotonye said in a small voice as she raised the gun.

If the bed were on fire,Samantha couldn't have jumped up faster..

As much as Sotonye hated cliches,she had to admit,Nengi looked like he'd seen a ghost.

"Oh my God!"Nengi shouted

Samantha had retreated to the farthest corner of the room trying her possible best to cover her unclothedness.

"Please....don't say,....'its not what it looks like,.....baby I can explain'...just don't"Sotonye said still holding the gun up.

Long silence.

"How could you do this to me?"Sotonye's hands were trembling.

With each tear drop, the weapon felt heavier.

"Soti....please just listen...."Samantha said cautiously.

"...after of being together... For so long,I loved you,spent my money on you...took care of you....got you a job.....and this is the thanks I get?" Sotonye went on as if she wasn't listening.

Nengi slowly got off the bed...she could tell he was trembling.

"....I gave you my heart.....we made promises to each other......(sob)....you swore you'd never cheat.....(sob).....why.?.....why is it so hard to love me.....?......Does my love mean nothing....(sob).....I loved you....!
Sotonye's voice was breaking up.

She tried to hold herself together as she she sobbed some more.

Long Pause.

Nengi and Samantha exchanged fearful looks.

".....I love ...you too ...." Nengi began awkwardly.He really looked funny standing stark naked.

The remorse in his eyes was glaring.

"....I love you too ....baby.....just please......"he was on his feet now...slowly walking towards her.

There was nothing threatening about his movements.....He was just a man seeking forgiveness.

"Please....."He said as she could see the tears slowly forming in his eyes.

" Shut up! I....(sob).....wasn't talking....(sob)...to you"Sotonye managed to say....before she pulled the trigger.

Two loud explosions Reveberated inside the house,sending tremors through the walls.

Both rounds hit Nengi in the chest,knocking him backwards into the wall.

For a few seconds,he just stood there...shocked.Then slowly,he slid to the floor.

Long silence.

One could almost hear Samantha's heart pounding inside the stillness of the room.

She put her hand to her mouth as if to stop herself from screaming.

Her breathing was coming in short gasps.

Suddenly,her unclothedness didn't matter to her any more.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME??"Sotonye yelled as more tears came.

"I loved you...how could you cheat on me with MY Husband?"

"Baby wait I can...."Then Samantha stopped herself as Sotonye leveled the weapon at her.

Long silence.

"Did you have to kill him?"Samantha exclaimed as she stared at her.

".. (sob) ....I was faithful to you...I loved you...(sob)...how.....?"Sotonye's Gun hand was shaking .It the words came out of her with effort.

"......I mean...(sob)....how would you feel ..(sob)....if I slept with Chris......?"

The gun was really trembling in her hand now.

"....we agreed ...(sob) to be (sob)....faithful....to each other.....THAT MEANS NOT 'DOING' EACH OTHER'S HUSBANDS!!!!!" The sudden deafening roar of her voice sent a shiver through Samantha's body.

Long Silence.

".....I never meant...to hurt you,Soti...I..."Samantha pleaded as she slowly went down on her knees.

".....(sob)....sleep with your husband ...and no one else....Your body belongs to me....HOW HARD IS THAT TO DIGEST?"

Samantha was silent.

"....this is (sob)...a terrible heartbreak story......now look what you made me do!" Sotonye said gesturing towards the motionless body that was once Nengi.

He had died with his eyes opened.

"...I'm....definitely going to prison for that"Sotonye said,scarcely above a whisper.

She stared at her husband's body for a few more seconds.

She seemed to have made up her mind about something.

She sighed.

"...I promise I will never break your heart again"Samantha said cautiously.

"You already did" Sotonye said simply and emptied the gun into Samantha's body.

She'd kept on squeezing the trigger of the empty weapon over and over again.

No one breaks my heart and gets away with it.She thought.

You cheat,...you die!!!!

If it's prison,.....then so be it.She concluded.

Minutes later,she called the police and lay on the bed,amidst the stench of blood and gun powder.

She closed her eyes and patiently waited for the police to show up.

LIFE IS A CHOICE MY FRIEND
SO CHOOSE WISELY
ENOUGH SAID

for more stoies, visit my blog opustjkwrites..com
Re: If You Cheat On Me, You Must Die by mhizpeaarl(f): 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
Op!! This is a lovely literary piece. I love it grin
Re: If You Cheat On Me, You Must Die by Mhizkel(f): 10:55am On Apr 19, 2015
Awwww..so touching!
Re: If You Cheat On Me, You Must Die by nellyme(f): 3:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
Wow wat a lovely piece, thought it will go more than this.....thumbs up and keep it up

(1) (Reply)

Teachers Day Inspirational Speech In Hindi English| Teachers Day Inspirational P / Nigerian Students Poetry Prize / Defectors - A Sci-fi Romance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.