Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband (22982 Views)

‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ / When Your Wife Takes Your Place As The Husband (Photo) / My Neighbour's Wife Peeps Through My Door, Should I Report To The Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by prissyluv(f): 7:22am On Apr 19, 2015
Op,I asked my man and he said that that was the belief and traditon before and he thinks it is still in existence. He further said that when the wife brings in money from such act and cooks with it that it will kill the man even if it does kill him it will bring badluck to him and their children.

In my own thoughts now. The assertion why there are more landladies in benin than landlord...hmmmmm

Once I had a discussion with my man and he said if he founds out that i cheat on him when married that it's over ooo,even if he forgives me becos of the children,we wont live in the same house and he wont eat whatever I cook before I kill him.

OMG,this should be the reason why his parents were emphasing more on faithfulness.

All these are summing up now
I am not from Edo,but my man said if I am married to an edo man and cheats,the same thing happens.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 19, 2015
I wonder why some adults would swallow, 'hook, line and sinker', what some smart kids would find impossible to believe.

The superstitious belief doesn't even make any sense.

What the silly belief is saying in effect is that any man married to an Edo lady, should hold her responsible for any death that occurs in his family.

Does that make sense? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by prissyluv(f): 8:14am On Apr 19, 2015
striktlymi:
I wonder why some adults would swallow, 'hook, line and sinker', what some smart kids would find impossible to believe.

What the silly belief is saying in effect is that any man married to an Edo lady, should hold her responsible for any death that occurs in his family.

It is hard to believe but I think this belief/tradition is real.
In Nsukka,once the wife cheats she goes mad. Dont you believe this too?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 19, 2015
prissyluv:

It is hard to believe but I think this belief/tradition is real.
In Nsukka,once the wife cheats she goes mad. Dont you believe this too?

I do not believe!

It is not true!

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by jadelyn007(f): 8:34am On Apr 19, 2015
Its a tale told to scare their women, it doesn't happen. Only the uneducated ones believe that bulllshiiit, the educated ones knows its not real so they'll go right ahead to do want they want to do if they have to

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by ofpeaceandroyal: 11:59am On Apr 19, 2015
These things do exist till date, even some families who gets exposed out of culture and traditions still feel the effect unknowingly. It just differs from tribe to tribe and events to events. Why do you think happy and faithful couples always climb the ladder easier? Why do you think sometimes when a woman/man starts to cheat on the partner, things go wrong for them?
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by mamaprince(f): 9:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
you don't have to believe everything you hear
Ewuro4:

I don't believe you, sorry.
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by Ewuro4: 9:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
mamaprince:
you don't have to believe everything you hear

Exactly wink
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by hidee20(m): 12:29am On Apr 20, 2015
Daniyemi:
It is Esan

They are multifarious. But the chief one is that The husband may die or the 1st born of the family would die.
It is quiet unfortunate that a wife would cheat and the husband or children would have to suffer for it.

I am Edo but I am getting married to an Idoma girl.
In Idoma culture, it is the woman that would die.

This is not to stop you from marrying her.
But be sure she would never cheat on you.
Be sure of who you are marrying.

sharp guy!!! u dey use style run away from what might happen abi?,kontinue der is God.

btw-who go now marry all this edo sister now?
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by Dheartless: 12:48am On Apr 20, 2015
you're dead!!
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by KanwuliaJara: 4:59am On Apr 20, 2015
Go and ask M.A.G.

Mercy Aigbe-Gentry! kiss

[img]http://2.bp..com/-cvC_4KNMfCw/U_6-exXrZII/AAAAAAABHcY/hhGG3DuWK9A/s1600/Mercy%2BAigbe%2B1.jpg[/img]

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by Nobody: 5:12am On Apr 20, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Go and ask M.I.G.

Mercy Aigbe-Gentry! kiss

[img]http://2.bp..com/-cvC_4KNMfCw/U_6-exXrZII/AAAAAAABHcY/hhGG3DuWK9A/s1600/Mercy%2BAigbe%2B1.jpg[/img]

Muchecheche grin grin
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by Jorussia(m): 7:14am On Apr 20, 2015
I am a Bini man,i haven't heard of this traditional law before,may be its practised in ESAN/EDO NORTH(AFEMAI).Adultery definitely have its consequences,and it will affect someone whether you are in Christ or not.I don't usually advise a guy to marry a girl for OWAN AND AKOKO-EDO,because their ladies normally have serious spiritual problems, they are very good at worshipping and dedicating themselves and their subjects to community shrine/gods.I just confirmed it from my mother, she said such traditional law still exists in bini.She said as fara as you are not a Bini man, if your Edo wife goes to commit adultery,it won't affect you.
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by Zee10(f): 7:41am On Apr 20, 2015
Jorussia:
I am a Bini man,i haven't heard of this traditional law before,may be its practised in ESAN/EDO NORTH(AFEMAI).Adultery definitely have its consequences,and it will affect someone whether you are in Christ or not.I don't usually advise a guy to marry a girl for OWAN AND AKOKO-EDO,because their ladies normally have serious spiritual problems, they are very good at worshipping and dedicating themselves and their subjects to community shrine/gods.I just confirmed it from my mother, she said such traditional law still exists in bini.She said as fara as you are not a Bini man, if your Edo wife goes to commit adultery,it won't affect you.

So is the binis that does not have spiritual problems? After dedicating themselves to different deities and gods. When an average christian bini family still worship idols..
Pls pack well jor and say something else. undecided
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by Jorussia(m): 8:04am On Apr 20, 2015
[quote author=Zee10 post=32908375]

So is the binis that does not have spiritual problems? After dedicating themselves to different deities and gods. When an average christian bini family still worship idols..
Pls pack well jor and say something else. undecided[/quote)That's not true,an average Bini Christian family doesn't worship idols.I know that just as it is found in all tribes in Nigeria, there are Christian families in Bini who still worship idols, but,to generalise it as an average bini Christian family is an obvious lie.Don't be annoyed if may be your are either from owan/akoko Edo, but what i said earlier is not but the absolute truth.I know that every tribe in Nigeria has spiritual problems, but i can say with my sense still in tact, that in terms of marriage that owan /akoko Edo girls have the worst case of very serious spiritual problems. As for me,i don't advise guys to search for wives from there, esp when they are not strong spiritually.
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by Zee10(f): 8:52am On Apr 20, 2015
[quote author=Jorussia post=32908975][/quote]
@ Jorussia forget it.there is no basis to this your baseless saying...mtcheew
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 20, 2015
Shebi na for the same edo wey I school? grin grin
It happens to them who have strong traditional ties. There are lots that still cheats and don't hide it! undecided
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by Skoopy(m): 3:51pm On Apr 20, 2015
So you mean any day your wife wants you death, all she needs is to ride a dick with pleasure, very mundane tradition angry
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by EfemenaXY: 7:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
bennyrazz:
I have heard of it once from someone that is why some Edo women hardly cheat when married. But before marriage, they can do anyhow. Well, I'll try and find out what will happen to a cheating Edo man. It is very difficult breaking the yokes of all these yeye cultures and tradition, it requires a very strong powerful force. Before Christianity came into Africa, our ancestors were worshipping graven images. Satanic dedications, covenants have been done even for generations yet unborn & there are always consequences when you break covenants. You can break them though but it requires marathon fasting & prayers.

You and your never ending romance with juju. You nor dey ever tire ni? undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by EfemenaXY: 7:34pm On Apr 20, 2015
tbanj07:
Dear NairaLanders,

I am now extremely curious to know what married to an Edo woman is like since I'm currently dating one and hope to get married to her. I'm a Yoruba man who is completely in love with an Edo girl even though she was born and raised in Lagos and had never been to her Town.

I told a friend the woman I'm currently dating is an Edo lady and he said I should think twice before getting married to her because if she cheats on me while we are married, things will start going bad for me and I might end up dying.

Please I need your views on this as I know nothing of such or how true that is. Thanks

PS - She's From Eshan or Ishan (not sure about the right spelling)

No need to wet yourself.

Just be 100% absolutely sure before you tie the knot with her that you would be forever faithful till your last breath and will never cheat on her.

She should also let you know that the day you break that promise, you put your life in grave danger because she too will be at liberty to pay you back with your own coin - and based on your soon to be adopted tradition (via marriage), you and your unborn kids will pay an early visit to your maker.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by armyofone(m): 8:01pm On Apr 20, 2015
Lol, Efe this is really funny grin grin

I wonder what will dissolve the yolk of superstition in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by bennyrazz: 9:01pm On Apr 20, 2015
EfemenaXY:

You and your never ending romance with juju. You nor dey ever tire ni? undecided lipsrsealed
me romance juju? taaaaahhhh God forbid. These things exists that's why I talk about them and on a personal. note, I don't give a damn if no one cares. Google osun festival etc you will see their man made idols.
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by EfemenaXY: 10:15pm On Apr 20, 2015
bennyrazz:
me romance juju? taaaaahhhh God forbid. These things exists that's why I talk about them and on a personal. note, I don't give a damn if no one cares. Google osun festival etc you will see their man made idols.

So you do have juju-istic tendencies. I knew it! Your juju classes must be paying off, afterall.

So how personal is personal for you? And what's wrong with man-made idols for the Osun festival? Shouldn't you be proud of your heritage? Or are you the sort of character that chooses to disassociate himself from his culture in favour of the Jewish culture?
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by EfemenaXY: 10:18pm On Apr 20, 2015
armyofone:

Donkey years. Especially for folks like Bennyrazz who believe in witches and covens and owls on trees + human-bird-human transformations at the stroke of midnight.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by cococandy(f): 1:44am On Apr 21, 2015
armyofone:

Nothing lipsrsealed
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by ekolina(m): 10:02am On Apr 21, 2015
At op it only work when the man is from ESA. since you are Yoruba nothing will happen, the tradition of a wife has no effect when she marries an outsider
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by ekolina(m): 10:05am On Apr 21, 2015
Babes the tradition only works when the man is Edo (Esa) not the other way

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 21, 2015
tbanj07:
Dear NairaLanders,

I am now extremely curious to know what married to an Edo woman is like since I'm currently dating one and hope to get married to her. I'm a Yoruba man who is completely in love with an Edo girl even though she was born and raised in Lagos and had never been to her Town.

I told a friend the woman I'm currently dating is an Edo lady and he said I should think twice before getting married to her because if she cheats on me while we are married, things will start going bad for me and I might end up dying.

Please I need your views on this as I know nothing of such or how true that is. Thanks

PS - She's From Eshan or Ishan (not sure about the right spelling)
it doesn't work On men that are not from edo state once she marries you ur culture will be her own so fear not

1 Like

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by pretty050(f): 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2015
Daniyemi:
It is Esan

They are multifarious. But the chief one is that The husband may die or the 1st born of the family would die.
It is quiet unfortunate that a wife would cheat and the husband or children would have to suffer for it.

I am Edo but I am getting married to an Idoma girl.
In Idoma culture, it is the woman that would die.

This is not to stop you from marrying her.
But be sure she would never cheat on you.
Be sure of who you are marrying.
Are u sure about the idoma part, ask around again. From what I know it's the husband and children that are affected.

But who believe in these things anyway, superstitious stuffs 'alaiku' in idoma
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by armyofone(m): 6:25pm On Apr 21, 2015
grin lol for real Bennyrazz grin
EfemenaXY :

Donkey years. Especially for folks like Bennyrazz who believe in witches and covens and owls on trees + human-bird-human transformations at the stroke of midnight.
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by armyofone(m): 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
grin lol for real Bennyrazz grin
EfemenaXY :

I think the guy is scared. Imagine a lady enjoying from every corner while Mr. Man pays a visit to heaven grin
This juju should be applicable every where in naija Biko jor cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by bennyrazz: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
when I saw my mentions, I thought it was serious people that quoted me but lo & behold I came here to see that trolls are behind the mentions. I no get una time cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Narrates How Lady Who Humiliated His Dad Years Back Suffered Ill-luck / Share Your Crazy Experiences With Last Borns / Photos: Blind Mother Welcomes Twins Months After Daughter Went Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.