Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Cmr & Proof Of Ownership - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cmr & Proof Of Ownership (16679 Views)

What Documents Should Be Requested When Taking Ownership Of A Locally Used Car / Registration Of Vehicles/Change Of Ownership/Driver License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cmr & Proof Of Ownership by Sunbassen(m): 3:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
A friend was Delayed by a police officer around OJO/alaba area yesterday over the CMR in his vehicle documents. The proof of ownership is dated one day before the date on the CMR. The police officer's argument was that CMR cannot not be received just one day after proof of ownership.
He stressed that CMR is genuinely issued in Abuja and proof of ownership is one of the prerequisites to obtain CMR which can take up to one or two weeks to be received. As such, he said my friend's CMR is fake.
My own car Proof of ownership too is just one day older than the CMR.
I need more informed guys in the house to help clarify.
Re: Cmr & Proof Of Ownership by Arsheda(m): 2:51am On Feb 26, 2016
The police officer has no argument.

3 Likes

Re: Cmr & Proof Of Ownership by billyG(m): 5:54am On Feb 26, 2016
Arsheda:
The police officer has no argument.
what CMR?
Re: Cmr & Proof Of Ownership by elshanAutos: 4:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
Sunbassen:
A friend was Delayed by a police officer around OJO/alaba area yesterday over the CMR in his vehicle documents. The proof of ownership is dated one day before the date on the CMR. The police officer's argument was that CMR cannot not be received just one day after proof of ownership.
He stressed that CMR is genuinely issued in Abuja and proof of ownership is one of the prerequisites to obtain CMR which can take up to one or two weeks to be received. As such, he said my friend's CMR is fake.
My own car Proof of ownership too is just one day older than the CMR.
I need more informed guys in the house to help clarify.
CMR takes 2 working days to be issued on average and it isn't genuinely issued in Abuja alone, it's issued all over the country, the policeman was only trying to 'obtain' your un-informed friend.
Re: Cmr & Proof Of Ownership by pattybf(f): 8:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
car owners/drivers should know their rights n how to stand up to it. this is absurd, haven't imagined coming across something like this!

we get cmr for our clients a day after proof of ownership is issued and no police on d road can challenge it.

1 Like

Re: Cmr & Proof Of Ownership by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:08pm On Mar 01, 2016
Is CMR included in the recommended vehicle documents to be provided when asked for ur papers,if yes,what about the reciept of purchase?
I used to think all you need readily available on demand are:
Drivers License
vehicle license
Road worthiness
Insurance
Proof of ownership
And custom papers "if you are travelling"
I have never tendered CMR and never asked to tender,who has the right to ask for CMR?obviously not VI0 or Road safety
Re: Cmr & Proof Of Ownership by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 02, 2016
CAR OWNERS AND DRIVERS NEEDS 2 HAVE BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF THEIR VEHICLE DOCUMENTS AND AT THE SAME TIME, LEARN TO KNOW HOW TO DEFEND THEM SELVES IN EVENTS AS DIS ONE.

THERE IS ONLY A DAY INTERVAL BETWEEN WHEN YOU GET YOUR PROVE OF OWNERSHIP CERTIFICATE AND YOUR CMR.

TO AVOID HAVING ISSUES WITH ANY OF THESE SECURITY PERSONNELS, HERE ARE D DOCUMENTS YOU SHOULD ALWAY DRIVE WITH:

PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR

ALLOCATION OF REGISTRATION NO,

RECIEPT OF ALLOCATION,

PROVE OF OWNERSHIP CERTIFICATE,

VEHICLE LICENSE ,

ROAD WORTHINESS,

THIRD PARTY/COMPREHENSIVE ENSURANCE,

CMR. + YOUR DRIVE'S LICENSE.

NOTE THAT CMR CAN BE GOTTEN FROM ANY STATE.

ENSURE THE RENEWABLES ARE RENEWED AT WHEN DUE SO YOU DON'T FALL PREY INTO THEIR HANDS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cmr & Proof Of Ownership by TCD: 5:40am On Mar 03, 2016
abeg can someone tell us what is CMR? never seen or heard of it.
Re: Cmr & Proof Of Ownership by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2016
@ TCD: CMR means central motor registry and it's one of ur vehicle documents.
Re: Cmr & Proof Of Ownership by tossy001(m): 6:24am On Jun 25, 2020
Please I need enlightenment on this the address on my prove of ownership says prince while on cmr was written as prime does it matter?
Re: Cmr & Proof Of Ownership by ibbkiddsx: 12:05am On Jun 26, 2020
Hello gurus, what I want to is that if I buy a registered car, will the proof of ownership change

(1) (Reply)

20 Interesting Facts About Lamborghini / How Can You Tell If A Car Has Overheated In The Past? / This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.