Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes (24975 Views)

How I Lost A Job Because Of A Customised Facebook Name / He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears / He Missed An Interview Because……. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by ThisMeansWAR: 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
Abduletudaye:
Its a pity he lost the job.. Well, ive not had light here for 5day and i see it as normal.. Nigeria isn't ready to move forward. angry
over 12 million people still want to continue in darkness by voting pdp again

2 Likes

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
he is nt serious
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by wiloy2k8(m): 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Not an excuse

God know say I go put that electric iron ontop stove...

u sharp pass d mumu ooo .
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by bropeee(m): 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
That excuse is silly, so silly. You need some flogging
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by condralbede(m): 8:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
what happened to dry cleaners guy u no get reason abeg
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
He missed a job interview or he lost a job? Which one

Anyway, I no read the post grin grin angry
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by ifoundmyperfect: 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
ochukofortune:
My very good childhood friend Ayo just called me that he missed a job interview that was scheduled for 9a.m on Friday because he didn't have light to press his clothes. I told him he should have given it to laundrymen but he said he got the invite Thursday afternoon and that his area has not seen light for over 2 weeks!

Has this happened to you before? Please share the electricity situation in your area...PHCN a disgrace to Nigeria and yet we keep paying bills

Thursday afternoon... He had more than enough time to go to the end of Lagos that has light to press the gadamn shirt or buy a new one. He could get for as low as 500. Be like say d job no hungry am. If na chevron call am, he for travel go sokoto go press that shirt!

1 Like

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by nwadiuko1(m): 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
Lame excuse......I iron at least 5 shirts every sunday evening with or without electric so as to be ready for the week
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
Hardheolar:
grin grin. U need to appease d gods in ur village. So u no get stove iron or borrow.

Hahaha grin grin
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by yomi007k(m): 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
Why didn't he go like that.
Worst case u will apologise for not ironing.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by mytime24(f): 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
Yawn

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by souleymon(m): 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
Back then (still applicable).I would neatly fold my clothes and Put them under the bed
This straightens it.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by nkeona(m): 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
ur friend has no zeal to succeed.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by sconp: 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
Is the name of that your childhood friend ochuko??
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by deebrain(m): 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
See how people are just throwing dust on the OP as if they have not done worse stupid and pathetic things than him...

Many of you are very unfortunate. May your kids never be like you in Jesus name.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by missionmex(m): 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
He lost the job because he is not serious
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by johnsonjosbles(m): 8:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
Edwardhead:
Wetin dis ur tory com teach us?
teach us sombody is ORUBEBE disturting NL
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by seedorfg(m): 8:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
hehehehehehehehe am i the only one that found this funny? chai, Nepa bringing badluck to nigerian since 1800BC , guy you need to visit your village to appease the gods grin
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by princefaculty(m): 8:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
Lame excuse, you have local launderers who uses charcoal iron. I've had times where I used the sprinkling of water on the cloth then folding them & putting them under the pillow or mattress, sprinkling water & spreading them in the sun or even using stove & iron to at least straighten the cloth to ease out the rumples
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by millyajay(f): 8:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
Like seriously IS THIS AN EXCUSE undecided
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by johnsonjosbles(m): 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
deebrain:
See how people are just throwing dust on the OP as if they have not done worse stupid and pathetic things than him...

Many of you are very unfortunate. May your kids never be like you in Jesus name.
you stylishly throw more dust than every1. "stupi&pathetic" tho
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Agbalanze(m): 8:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
Lame excuse! Far from been smart. His inability to improvise at such situation makes him unfit for a good opportunity cos it clearly shows he can't work under pressure and will definitely not deliver within a given time frame.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by obowunmi(m): 8:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
What happened to putting iron on the stove?

What happened to going to a church or a neighbour's house?

Long thing...
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
* he could have borrowed a charcoal iron. or...
* he could have put an old electric iron on gas cooker, when it is hot remove it and use it to press his clothes... i did this in university.

1 Like

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Swaggzkid: 8:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
Abeg wetin Chelsea play? grin
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by johnsonjosbles(m): 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
over 12 million people still want to continue in darkness by voting pdp again
12m-fake result sheet with bogus fake figures=1m fools
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
How will anyone go to interview in un-ironed cloth?

Nobody cares about any excuse.

Many options

Go and borrow clothes.
If you don't have money, borrow money and get a laundry man do it for you. You can do wait and get.

That's the silliest reason anyone can miss job for.

1 Like

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by jamillion: 8:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
Failure has no excuse, it didn't matter how but be a winner........buhari 2015
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by nurey(m): 8:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
cutetonye009:
Story that touches the heart.....
Stand still bro, Oluwa is on your side.
Whenever I am faced with an impromptu situation as these, I do "pillow ironing"..,
King's college boarding house taught me how to do these.

Correct guy. Floreat
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Youngsage: 8:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Not an excuse

God know say I go put that electric iron ontop stove...
E go turn stove iron immediately!

Lol! But hope you know that that is an irreversible process? The stove iron will remain a stove iron forever. grin

But it's still better than Losing a Job because of a flimsy reason though
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by calabaman(m): 8:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ur friend never ready......

Probably still under his folks roof receiving three square meals.

How dare he say he miss an interview because of nepa. That statement in itself is annoying

angry angry angry angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Npower: Payment Of Stipend Begins / Is This N25,000 For A 6.30am To 10pm Cleaner Job Worth It? / Access Bank Plc Inbetweeners Programme 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.