Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes (24976 Views)

How I Lost A Job Because Of A Customised Facebook Name / He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears / He Missed An Interview Because……. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by stonecoldcafe: 7:26am On Apr 19, 2015
undecided what is press cloth? That is such a crude way of speaking...
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by olpachi(m): 7:45am On Apr 19, 2015
The nigga wasn't interested in the interview I swear......or he just got back from America? Lol

1 Like

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by CJ310(m): 7:51am On Apr 19, 2015
Bros that ur guy wasn't desperate enough. Last year, a former client gave me an impromptu appointment. You know how these rich British white men in 9ja are, very impatient and strict. Well the day before there was no light. On that morning there was still no light and my gen refused to start. I left my house at 5am to my mom's office cos they always have light in that area. Unfortunately for me there was no light that morning. I went to ecobank, access and zenith to beg their security men for iron but they were all giving me tales by moonlight (why I'd NEVER EVER bank with them again). Then it started drizzling. Thank God it was all in the same vicinity so I went home. I was about to start typing my excuse text message down when I remembered a catholic church very close to my estate. So I took my shirt, iron and umbrella and went to beg them. They allowed me, God bless their hearts. So I ironed and got to my meeting just in time. Moral of the story, I've been getting big businesses from the guy since last year cos he has been introducing me to his clique since then. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do so as I said before, no excuses please.

4 Likes

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by olumzzz(m): 8:01am On Apr 19, 2015
Lame excuse dude. ..I also had an interview far from where I stay some time ago. .I had 2 move to my uncle's place d nite before bt after squeezing my suit into my bag while packing, dem no kon get light dat nite till d nxt day..I had to leave his house by 7am d nxt day 2 look 4 a tailor using gen/coal iron...Thankfully I got one bt he collected 300 4rm my sorry a.s.s just 4 me 2 use his gen 4 30mins
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by muelzik(m): 8:29am On Apr 19, 2015
ochukofortune:
My very good childhood friend Ayo just called me that he missed a job interview that was scheduled for 9a.m on Friday because he didn't have light to press his clothes. I told him he should have given it to laundrymen but he said he got the invite Thursday afternoon and that his area has not seen light for over 2 weeks!

Has this happened to you before? Please share the electricity situation in your area...PHCN a disgrace to Nigeria and yet we keep paying bills

I won't miss an interview because PHCN or BEDC failed to give me light to press my cloth. Haba! Whatever happened to charcoal iron or probably getting an old iron u can use with stove (that is if u know how to use it), just so u dont miss the interview. Guy, I know that suggestion may sound somehow to u, but listen, there are times u just have to improvise and stop missing opportunities like job interview.

Abi, u wan form? grin
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by crusufixo(m): 8:43am On Apr 19, 2015
I dont think that friend of yours really wanted to honor that interview invite. He is okay where ever he is. Let him not use NEPA as excuse..
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by seangy4konji: 9:53am On Apr 19, 2015
If only he knew he could meet the boss of that company in a beer palor wearing just a short knicker and t shirt...

iF ONLY HE KNEW you meet top dogs at a beer palor...

Only if he knew.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by laidback(m): 10:05am On Apr 19, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Not an excuse

God know say I go put that electric iron ontop stove...
E go turn stove iron immediately!

I love you for the construction of this post. You be Waffi babe? grin Even baba God know say I go turn that electric iron to stove iron shapperlly.

So if Na Mobil invite am Na the useless excuse him for give abi? Mscheew.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by laidback(m): 10:08am On Apr 19, 2015
CJ310:
Bros that ur guy wasn't desperate enough. Last year, a former client gave me an impromptu appointment. You know how these rich British white men in 9ja are, very impatient and strict. Well the day before there was no light. On that morning there was still no light and my gen refused to start. I left my house at 5am to my mom's office cos they always have light in that area. Unfortunately for me there was no light that morning. I went to ecobank, access and zenith to beg their security men for iron but they were all giving me tales by moonlight (why I'd NEVER EVER bank with them again). Then it started drizzling. Thank God it was all in the same vicinity so I went home. I was about to start typing my excuse text message down when I remembered a catholic church very close to my estate. So I took my shirt, iron and umbrella and went to beg them. They allowed me, God bless their hearts. So I ironed and got to my meeting just in time. Moral of the story, I've been getting big businesses from the guy since last year cos he has been introducing me to his clique since then. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do so as I said before, no excuses please.

Wow, nice one bro. Very nice. Your 'enemies' grin saw you at the edge of breakthrough so they pounced.

1 Like

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by temmym4(m): 10:36am On Apr 19, 2015
No matter what, A failure will always be a failure. He received an appointment on THURSDAY AFTERNOON scheduled to hold FRIDAY MORNING. That is a whole lot time to get prepared. you already know there is no hope for NEPA or whatever in your area, what's up with stove irons? even if u have to buy the very cheap one or quickly borrow around the neighbourhood? what about packing the clothes to a friend's house who lives in a different place if u cant afford a dry cleaner. if na woman dey come visit you now, you go know how u go package yourself. Lazy mugu.

1 Like

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 19, 2015
jemype:
Lol. Floreat orientations
u know our watchword nau!!!
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 19, 2015
nastyd:

FLOREAT bro....wch Set?
2006 bro..
u?
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 19, 2015
nurey:

Correct guy. Floreat
Floreat bro...
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Bamz(m): 11:58am On Apr 19, 2015
Are there not fashion designers everywhere who run on power generators ?

Companies need creative and smart set of people.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by oyejideogunjumo: 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
This is no excuse. N500 packed shirt can do it.Also u are looking for job u must have set some cloths aside as touch not no matter what to be used for interview only
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by nastyd(m): 3:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
cutetonye009:

2006 bro..
u?

seriously? wow...same hr

Alpha boi....u?
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by tk4rd: 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
ochukofortune:
My very good childhood friend Ayo just called me that he missed a job interview that was scheduled for 9a.m on Friday because he didn't have light to press his clothes. I told him he should have given it to laundrymen but he said he got the invite Thursday afternoon and that his area has not seen light for over 2 weeks!

Has this happened to you before? Please share the electricity situation in your area...PHCN a disgrace to Nigeria and yet we keep paying bills
When I saw the topic, I was thinking that he got disqualified because his clothes were so noticeably rumpled to the extent that the interviewers spotted and even commented on it..
Tell that your friend that his reasons were lame and unacceptable.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by MistarT(m): 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
Jarus:
How will anyone go to interview in un-ironed cloth?

Nobody cares about any excuse.

Many options

Go and borrow clothes.
If you don't have money, borrow money and get a laundry man do it for you. You can do wait and get.

That's the silliest reason anyone can miss job for.
Jarus baba , how things i have this question u can open a thread as per bros , the question is why are firms mostly employing OND holders but freeing HND or Bsc guys ? a guy used his nd to apply a job weeks later his boss was chatting with him and asked him that why hasn't he completed his studies because his boss noticed his exceptional qualities , he now opened up that he has a degree via DE to his amazement his boss said if he had given prior info. of his degree he wouldn't have gotten the job why is that so ?? person hustle finish degree them go begin wahala boys.Not fair.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
MistarT:
Jarus baba , how things i have this question u can open a thread as per bros , the question is why are firms mostly employing OND holders but freeing HND or Bsc guys ? a guy used his nd to apply a job weeks later his boss was chatting with him and asked him that why hasn't he completed his studies because his boss noticed his exceptional qualities , he now opened up that he has a degree via DE to his amazement his boss said if he had given prior info. of his degree he wouldn't have gotten the job why is that so ?? person hustle finish degree them go begin wahala boys.Not fair.

Well, because the job is for OND holders. Jobs that require OND have little or no competition.

HND holders are competing with Bsc.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by MistarT(m): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
Jarus:

Well, because the job is for OND holders. Jobs that require OND have little or no competition.

HND holders are competing with Bsc.
Thanks .
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by petkoffDrake(m): 10:42pm On Apr 19, 2015
softysparky:

Yes it's very possible. Just don't place it directly on the stove,look for a thin layer of iron/zinc to avoid your iron melting or better still buy a fairly used iron and use it as your "stove iron".

Thank me later..

I want to come to ur house and thank u... Since u don't have pics for me to see who am thanking
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by MrBasketball: 2:19am On Apr 27, 2015
Flimsy excuse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Npower: Payment Of Stipend Begins / Is This N25,000 For A 6.30am To 10pm Cleaner Job Worth It? / Access Bank Plc Inbetweeners Programme 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.