Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon (16995 Views)

I Just Lost My Fiancee To A Bad Prank Gone Wrong...women Are Selfish / Can This Happen In Nigeria?pix) UNCONDITIONAL LOVE / Why Are Men So Selfish During Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by charlsecy(m): 7:57am On Apr 20, 2015
@OP,
How about these?

Marrying a person with a life-threatening disease such as AIDS, marrying a woman without womb, marrying a penniless fellow without much hope for the future?

Are these conditional?
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by charlsecy(m): 10:16am On Apr 20, 2015
fhunn:
God's love is unconditional
If divine love is unconditional, why is it recorded that sinners will be destroyed?

They miss GOD's Eternal Love because they failed to meet GOD's conditions for His continued Love in the Hereafter.
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by Oahray: 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
fhunn:

See like you said God gave man dominion over everything but they lost it when they sinned which granted satan access into this world of ours and with him came all sorts of negativities even death and thats why animals die without human involvement.

And you cannot expect God to leave the people who built the ark to die, do you? Infact the vips on the ark should be the humans that built it na! Then He'll divide the remainig space to whatever He wants to save, abi?

You said God made animals for food to humans, so if you say God loves humans, He will also have to care for the animals since they are one of the necessary sources for food.
no human sin has no link with animal death. If man sinned, he was the one to die. The bible made that clear.

I'm not saying God doesn't love animals. He just loves humans way more. It is not without reason.
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 20, 2015
Oahray:
Yes. So wack that it is a joy to read and a challenge to emulate tongue

Well if we believe something enough, we might actually feel it or even see it. I used to believe it too. I admit, the thought of being totally loved without any condition or limitation can be very appealing. Too bad there's always reality to bite one in the butt. sad

sad This reality just ripped a large part of my butt off.
Oahray , I don't like this your thread at all. Hian!!! My first love, loved me unconditionally grin cheesy

Your siggy tickles my fancy embarassed Are you e-married? I want to apply to be your undecided undecided
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by Oahray: 2:29pm On Apr 20, 2015
charlsecy:
@OP,
How about these?

Marrying a person with a life-threatening disease such as AIDS, marrying a woman without womb, marrying a penniless fellow without much hope for the future?

Are these conditional?
examine the fact that the person is chosen out of the billions of other men or women alive, and you'd find your answer. Something must have brought them together to that point where other healthier or richer persons couldn't reach.

Saying it is conditional is not the same as saying it selfish. I think people confuse both concepts alot.
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by fhunn: 3:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
charlsecy:

If divine love is unconditional, why is it recorded that sinners will be destroyed?

They miss GOD's Eternal Love because they failed to meet GOD's conditions for His continued Love in the Hereafter.

God's love is for humans and according to the book of Genesis, humans were made in the image of God; when something is made in God's image it means whatever that was made (humans in this case) looks like God and does Godly(goodly) things, things that will make God happy, joyous.

So in the case of sinners, though you would say they are made in God's image their actions contradicts it and actions are from the heart.
Also, the bible says God judges from the intents of a mans heart (unquote) because if you are judging by looks, everyone is qualified to enter heaven ooo.

Now you can see that although mans outward look qualifies him to enter heaven his heart doesn' t and to be saved from eternal destruction everything about you must be qualified not partial/half qualification but full qualification in order not to pollute heaven.

If you look at it from another perspective, sinners have satanic tendencies in them and anything satanic in a man even if its just a strand of hair will not allow a man to enter heaven (Matt 5:29)

Summary of what I am trying to say is that if any part of a man is polluted, the whole body of the man is polluted and you can't call that man Christlike/Godlike because God isn't polluted in the slightest bit
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by fhunn: 3:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
Oahray:
no human sin has no link with animal death. If man sinned, he was the one to die. The bible made that clear.

I'm not saying God doesn't love animals. He just loves humans way more. It is not without reason.

firstly, will you agree to the fact that if adam and eve did not sin there won't be untimely death and natural disasters?
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2015
Airbornelacer undecided why?
You should ask what I am applying for first na.
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by Oahray: 6:45pm On Apr 20, 2015
standd:

sad This reality just ripped a large part of my butt off.
Oahray , I don't like this your thread at all. Hian!!! My first love, loved me unconditionally grin cheesy

Your siggy tickles my fancy embarassed Are you e-married? I want to apply to be your undecided undecided
awww... You flatter me. Looks like I'm the only one without pleasant memories of a 'first love' though. I might have to look for a way to disqualify her and rewrite my own history... As soon as I'm sure what a first love really is.

Is e-singleness one of your conditions for the _____ (tongue) you are offering? I em... *sweating* I'm an e-monk.
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by Oahray: 7:00pm On Apr 20, 2015
fhunn:

firstly, will you agree to the fact that if adam and eve did not sin there won't be untimely death and natural disasters?
well, there was a tree of life, from which they (Adam and Eve) weren't prohibited. They might have eventually eaten from it and lived on, had they not sinned. As for natural disasters, we can only speculate.

What is clear, however, is that man's disobedience didn't cause the death of animals. They were evidently meant to die from the start. They weren't created in God's image, and as such, weren't as special.
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 20, 2015
Oahray:
awww... You flatter me. Looks like I'm the only one without pleasant memories of a 'first love' though. I might have to look for a way to disqualify her and rewrite my own history... As soon as I'm sure what a first love really is.

Is e-singleness one of your conditions for the _____ (tongue) you are offering? I em... *sweating* I'm an e-monk.

Lolcheesycheesy e-monk kooo tongue
Don't worry jor, I can't even offer anything again. Someone caught me red-handed embarassed
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by Oahray: 7:35pm On Apr 20, 2015
standd:

Lolcheesycheesy e-monk kooo tongue
Don't worry jor, I can't even offer anything again. Someone caught me red-handed embarassed
hehehe... The pilot? e-boo?

*modified*
My 10,000th post cheesy
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 20, 2015
Oahray:
hehehe... The pilot? e-boo?

Who is the pilot?
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by Oahray: 9:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
standd:

Who is the pilot?
airborne, flying, pilot wink
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 20, 2015
Oahray:
airborne, flying, pilot wink

Lol...He is the one.
You are good cheesy
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by fhunn: 1:40am On Apr 21, 2015
Oahray:
well, there was a tree of life, from which they (Adam and Eve) weren't prohibited. They might have eventually eaten from it and lived on, had they not sinned. As for natural disasters, we can only speculate.

What is clear, however, is that man's disobedience didn't cause the death of animals. They were evidently meant to die from the start. They weren't created in God's image, and as such, weren't as special.

see, when sin came into the world, death also came and it affected every living being/thing, you can't just tell me, death came and started picking on only humans?

And again not all animals were meant to die because not all were meant for food, not all were edible.
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by Oahray: 6:49am On Apr 21, 2015
fhunn:

see, when sin came into the world, death also came and it affected every living being/thing, you can't just tell me, death came and started picking on only humans?

And again not all animals were meant to die because not all were meant for food, not all were edible.
ok, if animals started dying because man sinned, why is it that Jesus died for humans only? Animals cannot exercise faith in Jesus, can they? So no hope.

If you insist that is so, then you are still agreeing that God's love for man is on the basis of being created in God's image. That stance, though, would mean animals are dying cos of a man's sin but can't be saved because of a man's sacrifice. Sounds pretty unfair.

However if you agree that human sin had nothing to do with animal death, then you are agreeing that man is special anyway, since only his death is given a remedy. Animals dying isn't a big deal.

Either way, God treats man as special because he loves man in special way. Were such love unconditional, he'd love the animals that way too. You haven't disproved this.

When I say animal death, I'm talking about natural death. Before they started being used as food.
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by fhunn: 9:42am On Apr 21, 2015
Oahray:
ok, if animals started dying because man sinned, why is it that Jesus died for humans only? Animals cannot exercise faith in Jesus, can they? So no hope.

If you insist that is so, then you are still agreeing that God's love for man is on the basis of being created in God's image. That stance, though, would mean animals are dying cos of a man's sin but can't be saved because of a man's sacrifice. Sounds pretty unfair.

However if you agree that human sin had nothing to do with animal death, then you are agreeing that man is special anyway, since only his death is given a remedy. Animals dying isn't a big deal.

Either way, God treats man as special because he loves man in special way. Were such love unconditional, he'd love the animals that way too. You haven't disproved this.

When I say animal death, I'm talking about natural death. Before they started being used as food.

you're funny shaa...

But does an animal have a soul?
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by SisterCaro(m): 4:00am On Apr 22, 2015
LordReed:
Unconditional love is a myth. Even God's love comes with a condition, you have to receive it to enjoy the benefit. How ever love can be so "boundless" that it will take exceptional circumstances to test it's limits, that is when the wickedness of men's hearts start being revealed, when you begin to take advantage of the goodness of someone's heart to deceive and corrupt love.

If love was truly Unconditional you'd marry the first lady you set your eyes on, you'd marry the crazy woman on your street, you'd pick the prostitute on the roadside and make her your wife, you'd not think twice about how she can't cook/give birth/be polite, in fact you'd have absolutely no criteria for choosing a woman to marry mere sight would be enough but we all know that is not what happens is it?
it makes so much sense
Re: The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon by charlsecy(m): 7:37am On Apr 22, 2015
It could be seen that all love, selfless or not, are attached to certain conditions.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet This Hot IG Model With Jaw-dropping Boobs That Is Causing A Stir Online / Album Download: Kendrick Lamar Good Kid, M.a.a.d City / Man Wins 280 Million In Bet9ja And His Account Gets Blocked.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.