Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (83797 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / 2015 Women's Afrobasket: D'Tigress On The March / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
Danycrusoe:
Please op cn u gv us d nigerian matches date and kick off time in nigerian time

June 8: Sweden v Nigeria at 9pm

June 12: Australia v Nigeria at 10pm

June 17: Nigeria v USA at 1am
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 8:57pm On Apr 23, 2015
CFCfan:

June 8: Sweden v Nigeria at 9pm

June 12: Australia v Nigeria at 10pm

June 17: Nigeria v USA at 1am
Thanks, its certain dat all our matches wuld be interesting. To me d match against sweden x a DRAW, we seem to b on d same level wit dem
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by isaiah9(m): 3:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
We should be playing friendly matches by now with some big european teams like the french team and the english team so we can know our strength.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 3:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
isaiah9:
We should be playing friendly matches by now with some big european teams like the french team and the english team so we can know our strength.
Unfortunately There Are Little Chances Of That Happening. We Only Have A Competitive Fixture (Olympic Qualifier Against Mali) Which Is Good For The Team's Fitness But Not Good Enough For A Big Tournament Like The World Cup. No Sign Of Any Top Notch Friendly Match Yet
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by daveP(m): 4:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
Danycrusoe:

Thanks, its certain dat all our matches wuld be interesting. To me d match against sweden x a DRAW, we seem to b on d same level wit dem
not anymore. We were'nt as sharp as we are now back then. And even the Swedes know what Oparanozie can do. Her name's everywhere, same for Oshoala.

(In women's football, if your name's everywhere, then it means you are worth it e.g-marta)
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by isaiah9(m): 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
Danycrusoe:

Unfortunately There Are Little Chances Of That Happening. We Only Have A Competitive Fixture (Olympic Qualifier Against Mali) Which Is Good For The Team's Fitness But Not Good Enough For A Big Tournament Like The World Cup. No Sign Of Any Top Notch Friendly Match Yet
which is bad.i can't remember the last time the falcons played friendly against strong opposition.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 5:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
daveP:
not anymore. We were'nt as sharp as we are now back then. And even the Swedes know what Oparanozie can do. Her name's everywhere, same for Oshoala.

(In women's football, if your name's everywhere, then it means you are worth it e.g-marta)
Both Players Have Raised Our Hopes Of Winning Matches At The Womens World Cup, Thank God They Are Young Players And They Would Be Around For A Long While Though I Dont Trust Desire oparanozie And ordega With The Age They Claim To Be
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
The NFF said the team would play some friendlies against WC teams in Canada.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Duru1(m): 4:20am On Apr 25, 2015
Besides individual skills, the coaches should also consider the size as well as players who can trade in more than one position. Hence I have the following players as a final team and probable.

GK
Dede, Whyte, Ohieriaku
DF
Ebi, Ohale, Njoku, Chukwunonye, Ebere, Ibrahim
MF
Ayinde, Ohaduagha, Okobi, Nwabuoku, Igbinovia, Ihezuo, Ayila
FW
Ordega, Oparanozie, Oshola, Esther, Uchechi, Umotong, Dike.

Probable
Michael, Ikidi, Ukaonu, Nku, Nnodim, Okoye
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 9:27am On Apr 25, 2015
Duru1:
Besides individual skills, the coaches should also consider the size as well as players who can trade in more than one position. Hence I have the following players as a final team and probable.

GK
Dede, Whyte, Ohieriaku
DF
MF
FW

Probable

nice squad,but my perpetua is. missing from ur list..I nor gree oo...lol

perpetua will deliver more than some names I c on dat list...we also need her in d team as her big sister role will help serve as a morale booster to d young girls.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by olapluto(m): 12:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
Duru1:

GK
Dede, Whyte, Ohieriaku
DF
MF
FW

Probable
I wont leave out Ikidi for njoku. Sarah Michael is good to go too. Umotong and Dike too alike.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 1:36pm On Apr 25, 2015
olapluto:

I wont leave out Ikidi for njoku. Sarah Michael is good to go too. Umotong and Dike too alike.

I think if it came to making a choice bw umotong n dike..based on current form,umotong will b d obvious pick.

too many quality attacking minded players..I wish we had so many options in d defence too.. cry
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by daveP(m): 3:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
Danycrusoe:

Both Players Have Raised Our Hopes Of Winning Matches At The Womens World Cup, Thank God They Are Young Players And They Would Be Around For A Long While Though I Dont Trust Desire oparanozie And ordega With The Age They Claim To Be
im more inclined to defend Ordega here than Desire, cos ive seen her since she was petite. Besides oparanozie gyms and makes one not sure overall.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
Ini Imotong is really in form for her club - Portsmouth Ladies. She's already scored 22 goals this season.
Coach Okon would be hard-pressed to drop her from the team. She may just squeak into the final 23-woman squad
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
France has announced their final 23-woman squad for the world cup. The players are:

Goalkeepers: Sarah Bouhaddi (Olympique Lyon), Céline Deville (Olympique Lyon), Méline Gérard (FCF Juvisy)

Defenders: Laure Boulleau (Paris Saint-Germain), Anaïg Butel (FCF Juvisy), Sabrina Delannoy (Paris Saint-Germain), Laura Georges (Paris Saint-Germain), Jessica Houara (Paris Saint-Germain), Amel Majri (Olympique Lyon), Griedge Mbock Bathy Nka (EA Guingamp), Wendie Renard (Olympique Lyon)

Midfielders: Camille Abily (Olympique Lyon), Élise Bussaglia (Olympique Lyon), Kenza Dali (Paris Saint-Germain), Kheira Hamraoui (Paris Saint-Germain), Amandine Henry (Olympique Lyon), Claire Lavogez (Montpellier HSC), Louisa Necib (Olympique Lyon), Élodie Thomis (Olympique Lyon)

Forwards: Marie-Laure Delie (Paris Saint-Germain), Kadidiatou Diani (FCF Juvisy), Eugénie Le Sommer (Olympique Lyon), Gaëtane Thiney (FCF Juvisy)

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Duru1(m): 7:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
dodobytes:

nice squad,but my perpetua is. missing from ur list..I nor gree oo...lol

perpetua will deliver more than some names I c on dat list...we also need her in d team as her big sister role will help serve as a morale booster to d young girls.
Yes, Nkwocha has been a great player for the Falcons however new hands need to be tried.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Duru1(m): 7:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
olapluto:

Faith Ikidi has been around for long time and I do not think youth is on her side. Besides I do not think she is a right back.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 8:09pm On Apr 25, 2015
Duru1:

Yes, Nkwocha has been a great player for the Falcons however new hands need to be tried.

i am a stickler for blooding the team with fresh talent,but a nice blend of youth with experience always does d trick..having d best ever female player on the African continent sit on ur bench is a huge boost to the squad..

n she isn't done n dusted just yet..we all saw that at the nations cup..I just hope she is selected though..
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Duru1(m): 8:10pm On Apr 25, 2015
dodobytes:
asisat in d midfield might not be too cool shaa.

she no doubt has d energy,but dat may work against her.cos she might want to always force things to happen herself..by taking on her markers n doing her short bursts.instead of calming play down,drawing opposition players to urself and letting ordega/oparanozie/dike do d damage.

personally I think perpetua can play a big role in that tie..she can be d calming influence in that midfield on d day

super zee always likes to get in on the action,either from d flanks or as a poacher.

but we can't tell. ..ur permutation may just b d key against d USA

She started her Falcon career as a midfielder.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Duru1(m): 8:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
dodobytes:

i am a stickler for blooding the team with fresh talent,but a nice blend of youth with experience always does d trick..having d best ever female player on the African continent sit on ur bench is a huge boost to the squad..

n she isn't done n dusted just yet..we all saw that at the nations cup..I just hope she is selected though..

She still hangs around the team as a supporter. I guess the NFF could make her an assistant coach to the team while in Canada.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 8:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
Duru1:

i believe u r referring to superzee..well I think u get the best of her,when she is played upfront.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
Duru1:

Correct. She was a deep-lying midfielder at the 2012 U-20 world cup, before Peter Dedevbo converted her to an attacker last year.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Duru1(m): 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
dodobytes:

She was not even on the invitee list.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 8:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
Duru1:

She still hangs around the team as a supporter. I guess the NFF could make her an assistant coach to the team while in Canada.

assistant coach??...I don't see that happening for this tournament though.

If she isn't selected as part of d squad,I would still implore d FA to take her along as part of d team to just serve to give the team "ginger"
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Duru1(m): 8:18pm On Apr 25, 2015
CFCfan:

Correct. She was a deep-lying midfielder at the 2012 U-20 world cup, before Peter Dedevbo converted her to an attacker last year.

Yes sir, she was a defensive midfielder with the aforementioned team. It is one reason I suggested picking players who can play more than one position.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 8:21pm On Apr 25, 2015
Duru1:

She was not even on the invitee list.

lol..do u really think perpetua will fight for a shirt?

she has nothing to prove anymore..her call-up if any, will largely be due to her antecedents.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
If Perpetua plays a WC game, she could be the oldest Nigeria/African player to appear at a world cup.

Meanwhile, US captain Christine Rampone, would become the oldest player to appear in a WC game. She would 39 years and 11 months by the time the Americans face Australia in their first game.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Duru1(m): 8:25pm On Apr 25, 2015
Danycrusoe:

i laf, it seems u av 4goten how USA whitewashd us 8-1 in d 2003 world cup, do d teams ar different now in terms of players d status of both countries in d women footballn scope as not changd dat much. am nt sayn dey will beat us by 8 goals bt d truth is dat dey ar beta dan d falcons nd d odds ar high against us. tru we av sum gud playas like u mentiond bt cn u say dat our attack x beta dan dat of USA, nd rememba we dnt av a very compact defence and our goalkipas cn b calamitos at tyms. D difarenc btwn d 2011 team n nw x oshoala hs raisd our hopes a bit nd opara has upd ha game n coutney dike cn do wondas 2

Most of the players in the current USA team played in the youth team which was defeated by the Nigerian team made up of most players invited to the Falcon camp. One that draws most Nigerian teams down is lack of preparation.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
Duru1:

Most of the players in the current USA team played in the youth team which was defeated by the Nigerian team made up of most players invited to the Falcon camp. One that draws most Nigerian teams down is lack of preparation.
Very true. But this year would be kinda different because the team will play 3 friendlies in Canada, in addition to the 4 matches played against the Malians by May 16.

I would advise Edwin Okon to rest the big guns in the 2nd leg olympic qualifier (after another whitewash in Abuja grin grin) and the 3 friendly matches.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Duru1(m): 8:31pm On Apr 25, 2015
CFCfan:
If Perpetua plays a WC game, she could be the oldest Nigeria/African player to appear at a world cup.

Meanwhile, US captain Christine Rampone, would become the oldest player to appear in a WC game. She would 39 years and 11 months by the time the Americans face Australia in their first game.

Bros let us not compare USA with Nigeria. There are more technology involved in the USA team than Nigeria's, if any, at all. Few players on USA team are married and even given birth yet play football. In Nigeria ordinary getting engaged, the player will eat herself out of shape.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 8:32pm On Apr 25, 2015
going forward (attacking),the falcons look comfortable..pls can we brainstorm on how to tighten dat defence?

let's pick holes and try to suggest fixes,I personally am not comfortable with njoku..she has good long passes though,but her recovery is suspect,her tackles aren't too neat..n I also feel her temperament too might need attention.

I feel we should try out other full backs,pls who was d falcons no 1 right full back n why was she dropped?
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 25, 2015
dodobytes:
going forward (attacking),the falcons look comfortable..pls can we brainstorm on how to tighten dat defence?

let's pick holes and try to suggest fixes,I personally am not comfortable with njoku..she has good long passes though,but her recovery is suspect,her tackles aren't too neat..n I also feel her temperament too might need attention.

I feel we should try out other full backs,pls who was d falcons no 1 right full back n why was she dropped?
Josephine Chukwunonye was the first choice right back. I guess she was dropped due to a dip in form.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Sergio Ramos Wearing A Nigerian Flag? Twitter Users Ask (Photos) / Dj Cuppy Switches To Man Utd: Gets Official Welcome From The Club / Nobody Knows Tomorrow : Mikel Obi Before The Fame And Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.