Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry (26089 Views)

Bankers To Be Sacked For Introducing Customers To MMM / Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job / Nigerian Gets Sacked For Fraud After Wife Testifies In Church Of His New Mansion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by hizaya61(m): 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
free2ryhme:

Just tell it is you

My work still dey kampe
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
hizaya61:
a friend of mine told me he was sacked last month for sending an official mail with blackberry Q10 because of the signature "sent from blackberry 10", do you believe this?

Op your fwnd did nothing wrong by sending official mail using his blackberry fone. We are in the Age of Connectivity were everything is made easy. I read people comments saying it is wrong and I laugh. it shows many Nigerians are far backward yet claiming standards. I think ur fwnd has a problem with the manager or management and they have been looking for the slightest opportunity to sack his black azz lolz.
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by jomoh: 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
olasquare22:
It is allowed to send mail with ur phone provided u are on d field and d mail is time bound. E.g cheque confirmation by an account officer of a bank, who is presently out of office. That is even d more reason why ur official mail is configured to ur phone.

Access bank Relationship officers do this. I don't know about other banks.
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by Rhozabeth(m): 2:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
Sacking the dude is highly uncalled for! At least he should have been given a stern warning after the first time! There may also be an underlying reason! I once worked in an organisation where the coy got blackberry for everybody because reports must be sent daily (regardless of where u are) to ur HOD, so shud we say that this particular coy that sacked somebody is backward? Plus what would they have done if the dude did not send the report at all?
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by LordReed(m): 2:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
Koolmexxi:
He wasn't sacked for sending an official mail with his mobile device but rather for making an unprofessional and silly mistake of sending an official mail with d really dumb default BlackBerry signature... Like seriously who uses dat?? I personally find it annoying receiving mails with dat really dumb signature..

The leaked official Sony emails had sent from Blackberry signature. Is Sony dumb? Why didn't they fire their staff for having that signature?
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by professore(m): 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
That's unprofessional
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by Tinyemeka(m): 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
hizaya61:
a friend of mine told me he was sacked last month for sending an official mail with blackberry Q10 because of the signature "sent from blackberry 10", do you believe this?

The company probably has an HR policy on how staff mail signatures should appear.

It does not speak well of you professionally to have that signature in your official correspondence when you do not work for RIM.

1 Like

Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
Koolmexxi:
He wasn't sacked for sending an official mail with his mobile device but rather for making an unprofessional and silly mistake of sending an official mail with d really dumb default BlackBerry signature... Like seriously who uses dat?? I personally find it annoying receiving mails with dat really dumb signature..
Na pride go kill some people. so blackberry Enterprise Service is there for decorations via blackberry phone? suppose you were not closed to nearby cafe or data on phone, will you fold your hands and wait supposing it's urgent.
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by Tinyemeka(m): 3:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
olasquare22:
It is s allowed to send mail with ur phone provided u are on d field and d mail is time bound. E.g cheque confirmation by an account officer of a bank, who is presently out of office. That is even d more reason why ur official mail is configured to ur phone.

Which is why some banks' HR explicitly specify how staff mail signatures should apppear - down to the font style and size. A company that seriously values its brand would likewise extend that corporate identity to every facet of its operations, including correspondences. That's professionalism for goodness sake.

Lemme break it down to a a simple example:
You Olasquare own a servicing company that is aggresively marketing Samsung Nigeria for a supply contract. Then a staff of yours sends a mail to Samsung bearing that siggy. Your competitor also sends a mail to Samsung with a similar supply quote, but with a professional-looking signature. What do you think would happen?

If I was in Due Diligence Samsung, I swear I'd trash your request.

But of course I'm not Samsung. smiley

So you see now? smiley
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by Tinyemeka(m): 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
Just read some other comments now.

The issue is not that he replied the office mail with a BB, but that he still had the default BB signature 'Sent from my Blackberry wireless from...'

1 Like

Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by Tinyemeka(m): 3:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
Retweet
Koolmexxi:
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by AjanleKoko: 3:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
Bollinger:

Not every company has a ajanlekoko mentality.

ajanlekoko mentality? angry embarassed
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by LordReed(m): 3:42pm On Apr 19, 2015
Tinyemeka:

Which is why some banks' HR explicitly specify how staff mail signatures should apppear - down to the font style and size. A company that seriously values its brand would likewise extend that corporate identity to every facet of its operations, including correspondences. That's professionalism for goodness sake.

Lemme break it down to a a simple example:
You Olasquare own a servicing company that is aggresively marketing Samsung Nigeria for a supply contract. Then a staff of yours sends a mail to Samsung bearing that siggy. Your competitor also sends a mail to Samsung with a similar supply quote, but with a professional-looking signature. What do you think would happen?

If I was in Due Diligence Samsung, I swear I'd trash your request.

But of course I'm not Samsung. smiley

So you see now? smiley

Check the leaked official Sony emails, they still have the Blackberry signature, how come Sony has not fired those involved?
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by netotse(m): 4:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
AjanleKoko:

ajanlekoko mentality? angry embarassed

take heart...it's one the hazards of the job...lol grin
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by tk4rd: 4:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
hizaya61:

One insurance company in vi name withheld
Don't dey have company email.?
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by senoreetah(f): 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
its well
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by senoreetah(f): 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
double post
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by fotadmowmend(m): 6:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
The action might be just if the information is clasified and ought not to taken personal .
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by edey2real: 6:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
It is very possible. I know of someone who works with Airtel and sent a mail from her BB device that shows Mtn BB service as the signature to Airtel's International partners.

Tell me if such person should not be sacked.

If you are doing such, try to change it to your office signature or better stilll don't use any signature at all.

1 Like

Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by litaninja(m): 6:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
Well, he was probably sacked for being lazy.....it takes all of 10seconds to change that terribly annoying default signature.

1 Like

Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by Koolmexxi(m): 7:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Na pride go kill some people. so blackberry Enterprise Service is there for decorations via blackberry phone? suppose you were not closed to nearby cafe or data on phone, will you fold your hands and wait supposing it's urgent.
LordReed:

The leaked official Sony emails had sent from Blackberry signature. Is Sony dumb? Why didn't they fire their staff for having that signature?
[quote author=asuustrike2009 post=32886325]
I'll advice u guys read my comment very well and understand my statement before quoting me. The blackberry enterprise is the perfect tool designed for corporate individuals but not for u to send out mails advertising dat u use a blackberry device. Not every corporate organisation especially in Nigeria tolerates the blackberry default signature especially when dey do have an official electronic signature.. Blackberry didn't put d default signature for u to use compulsorily.. It's supposed to be a sample for Wat a mail signature looks like and it comes with the option to tick and untick the box... Make una dey make yeye argument and comparisons. D employers of labour in this part of the world hire and fire at will because of the high rate of unemployment.
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by Unclerukus: 7:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
adeoti01:
And this happens only in Naija...
Not only in Naija, my elder brothers works with HSBC in sweden and he said its highly unprofessional and can lead to official query.
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by rhames(m): 7:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
That company must still be operating in the 15th century? grin
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by LordReed(m): 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
Koolmexxi:
I'll advice u guys read my comment very well and understand my statement before quoting me. The blackberry enterprise is the perfect tool designed for corporate individuals but not for u to send out mails advertising dat u use a blackberry device. Not every corporate organisation especially in Nigeria tolerates the blackberry default signature especially when dey do have an official electronic signature.. Blackberry didn't put d default signature for u to use compulsorily.. It's supposed to be a sample for Wat a mail signature looks like and it comes with the option to tick and untick the box... Make una dey make yeye argument and comparisons. D employers of labour in this part of the world hire and fire at will because of the high rate of unemployment.

Your question was "who does that" to which the answer is Sony does or at least allows it. Is Sony not corporate enough for you or as you put it is Sony a yeye company? Does Sony not make smartphones which are in direct competition with Blackberry?
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by Koolmexxi(m): 9:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
LordReed:

Your question was "who does that" to which the answer is Sony does or at least allows it. Is Sony not corporate enough for you or as you put it is Sony a yeye company? Does Sony not make smartphones which are in direct competition with Blackberry?
I remember my question and I don't get what ur argument is. Sony does that or at least allows it like u claim but last I remember the said guy doesn't work for Sony and hard to find out the hard way how wrong it was in his office to send an official mail with a blackberry electronic signature. Not everyone wants to know what device u're sending ur mail from. The truth is Most ppl completely ignore it to mean nothing and a whole lot of others probably don't even know it can b turned off or out rightly edited. Anyways it's rather unfortunate what happened to the young man and I only made a point which u have an option of agreeing with or disagreeing with. In the end we all agree to disagree.
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by stello(f): 10:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nobody sacks you for sending an official mail with your smartphone. I am very sure he's not telling the whole truth
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by threadstone(m): 12:01am On Apr 20, 2015
Not in this age and time except if blackberry is their main competitor (which is not in this case). There is no rudeness attached to it. I believe it must have been something else that led to the sack, the worst you could get is a query thats all. Where i work, emails come on the go even if youre not working, youre working (customers come first) and i could even reply mails from my phone without logging onto my system at the office.

Even top management mails with fyi, be informed hang on with sent from iphone, bb 10 below it.

As for me My normal mail ends with

Regards,
La

Sent from iphone.. (Na my money i take buy am) grin
Re: Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry by SenatorJames(m): 7:37pm On Apr 30, 2015
He would have just changed the signature from the blackberry Q10 to his company username. But its too odd to be sacked for that single act.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers / My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. / What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.