Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

He Drank Poison Over N1m Debt - Accused Widow Of Pharmacist - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / He Drank Poison Over N1m Debt - Accused Widow Of Pharmacist (742 Views)

"How I Escaped From Evans Cell After They Concluded To Kill Me" - Pharmacist / How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) / Arrested & Accused Widow Of Pharmacist Says He Drank Poison Over N1m Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Drank Poison Over N1m Debt - Accused Widow Of Pharmacist by lolaxavier(m): 12:07am On Apr 19, 2015
There is nothing to describe what Busayo Olafare is going through at the moment as she languishes in the custody of the Department of Criminal Investigation of the Lagos State Police Command, one week after the suspected suicide of her pharmacist husband, Paul.

Paul was found dead in their Oworonsoki, Lagos home on Sunday, April 12, 2015. His death was initially suspected to have been suicide because a container of a popular rat poison, called ‘Sniper’ was found beside him.

However, his late husband’s relation told the police that his wife might have poisoned him and made it look like suicide.

In a statement made at the DCI by a relation of the deceased, Busayo was found packing her belongings out of their house shortly after her husband’s body was discovered, which was why they suspected that she might be attempting to run away.

But Busayo, in her statement to the police, explained that right from when she first met her husband, her family and that of Paul’s have not been in good terms.

“I was in the bathroom that evening when he drank the poison called Sniper. I came out of the bathroom and saw him holding the bottle and quickly snatched it away from him, but he said he had already drunk the poison,” she told the police. “I know my husband owes a lot of money. It is at least N1m.That is the only reason my husband can kill himself. He has been very depressed because of the money he owes.”

Busayo, who got married to Paul in 2011 and had a son with him, said she had cried and wailed as she assured her in-laws that she had no reason to kill her husband but they still did not believe her.

When our correspondent visited the DCI, some family members of Busayo, who were angry about the continued detention of the widow, said instead of allowing her to mourn, they have subjected her to more punishment.

A relation, Mr. Soyemi, who identified himself as uncle of the suspect, told our correspondent that he would be releasing a statement on their side of the story.

The investigators at the DCI said an autopsy would soon be carried out on the deceased’s body.

A source close to the investigation told our correspondent that at the moment, there was no reason to release Busayo and rule the deceased’s death as suicide.

“The wife is still the prime suspect for now,” the source said.

Paul graduated from University of Lagos in 2006 and was described by friends on his Facebook wall as a youth leader in a white garment church in Lagos.Busayo is also a graduate of UNILAG.

At the time of filing this report, the spokesperson for the Lagos State Police Command, Mr. Kenneth Nwosu, had not been reachable for comment as calls placed to him indicated his phone was switched off.

http://www.punchng.com/feature/super-saturday-crime/he-drank-poison-over-n1m-loan-accused-widow-of-pharmacist/

Re: He Drank Poison Over N1m Debt - Accused Widow Of Pharmacist by adeyiga3(m): 12:11am On Apr 19, 2015
Eya. Rip to d dead
Re: He Drank Poison Over N1m Debt - Accused Widow Of Pharmacist by goodmorning40: 12:22am On Apr 19, 2015
O gaoo
Re: He Drank Poison Over N1m Debt - Accused Widow Of Pharmacist by omotayo9177: 2:09am On Apr 19, 2015
What a pity. I will never be a debtor in Jesus' name.
Re: He Drank Poison Over N1m Debt - Accused Widow Of Pharmacist by lolaxavier(m): 6:42am On Apr 19, 2015
omotayo9177:
What a pity. I will never be a debtor in Jesus' name.

Re: He Drank Poison Over N1m Debt - Accused Widow Of Pharmacist by lolaxavier(m): 9:32am On Apr 19, 2015
goodmorning40:
O gaoo

1 million naira that some will blow at a stretch, that's what has someone else to drink poison...this life self..
Re: He Drank Poison Over N1m Debt - Accused Widow Of Pharmacist by drered(m): 10:26am On Apr 19, 2015
Re: He Drank Poison Over N1m Debt - Accused Widow Of Pharmacist by lolaxavier(m): 10:40am On Apr 19, 2015
drered:
While I don't agree with detaining his widow indefinitely since she has t been proven guilty. There's no way that that dude would kill himself for just a million. A million should be nothing for him really..

The fact that he is a pharmacist doesn't make him excessively rich. Nothing was said about the nature of his job. Again, you also need to step into someone else's world to actually realize that there are people out there who see 1 million naira as 1 billion. There is no money out there my guy...
Re: He Drank Poison Over N1m Debt - Accused Widow Of Pharmacist by drered(m): 10:54am On Apr 19, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Video Shows Violations Against Nigerian Military / Suicide Bomber In Woman Dress Apprehended In Birnin Kebbi Central Market Kebbi / Saudi Prince Arrested On Private Plane With 2 Tons Of Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.