Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,860 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Please,want To Know About HSE - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please,want To Know About HSE (4447 Views)

Can Someone Help Me With What I Need To Know About HSE / Subsea Engineering Easter Training Promo with Free HSE Training & Certification / Offshore Electrical Maintenance Easter Training Promo With Free HSE Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please,want To Know About HSE by BlissB(f): 3:15am On Apr 19, 2015
Have been hearing about HSE and i know its good if you have the certificate but i don't have detailed information about it...google did a poor job in satisfying my curiousity so had to run down to the ever ready nairalanders.....i want to know the minimum qualification for the programm,cost and duration....in my own case,come august i will be a pharm tech and if God is on myside will go back to school immediately to get my b.pharm since am still young or will just work if i can get a fed or state govt job,whichever way wanna know if i can use my pharm tech result to apply for the program....sorry for the long writeup....waiting for ur replies in anticipation ....thk u
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by BlissB(f): 8:24am On Apr 19, 2015
A whole 21views......no comment?....ona wicked o cryA whole 21views......no comment?....ona wicked o
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by misterkay(m): 9:02am On Apr 19, 2015
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 19, 2015
HSE aim is to reduce work-related death, injury and ill health.
I only have have little info abt oil and gas HSE training though nothing much abt pham
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by BlissB(f): 9:56am On Apr 19, 2015
misterkay:
You can learn more from here:

www.nairaland.com/190295/hse-professionals-house/44#190295.1411
Yah thks but still could not get my answers.....dat was y i created dis thread.....since my pharm tech result can't be classified under nd,ond or bsc cn i still apply for the program
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by BlissB(f): 10:00am On Apr 19, 2015
machinegundammy:
HSE aim is to reduce work-related death, injury and ill health.
I only have have little info abt oil and gas HSE training though nothing much abt pham
From the HSE threads have been reading i noticed it was more of engineering and the oil n gas sector that do apply for the program which is also a reason i created d thread to know where i fit in.....thks for ur response
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by Greatken007(m): 5:49am On Apr 29, 2015
HSE also apply to pham...I see medical doctors coming to do one or two training in ISPON and also joining as member....HSE CAREER IS ENCOMPASSING..In summary even security agents and banks send their agents for training there.It is all about COMMUNITY AFFAIRS,SAFETY,HEALTH,,ENVIRONMENT AND SECURITY(CASHES)
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by topmosttee: 10:34am On Apr 29, 2015
Here is the answer you have been waiting for;

GET TRAINED BY TOP PRACTITIONERS
Hello,

Regardless of the diversity of projects, people, locations, departments, or work place design, this program provides a streamlined overview of the basics in work place Health, Safety and risk identification processes while focusing on a vastly improved global best methodology to meet the rigorous challenges curtailing incidents or bringing work place accident to the barest minimum.
The BRITISH SAFETY COUNCIL HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT CERTIFICATION is offered by the highly prestigious British Safety Council, UK.

This Award aims to formalize health and safety induction training in the form of an internationally-recognized qualification. This award is based on the international occupational standards for health and safety.
The syllabus is based on the international occupational standards which covers basics of health and safety in the workplace.

BENEFITS

1. Understanding basic work place health and safety procedures
2. Understanding the global trend in work place health and safety improvement practices
3. Individuals certified by the British Health and Safety Council are in higher demand globally.
4. Certified individuals are more likely to experience a fast track in their careers than their contemporaries.

Course Outline

• The Legal Position
• The Working Environment
• Workplace Accidents
• Reducing Workplace Injuries
• Risk Management
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Fire Safety
• First Aid
• Electrical Safety
• Hazardous Substances
• Safety Signs and Signals
• Manual Handling
• Workstations and Display Screen Equipment
• Work-Related Ill-Health
• Workforce Consultation

Training Package
• Highly Qualified Instructors
• Soft & Hard Copy HSE Manuals
• Exercises & Case Studies
• Fee includes professional examination
• Tea/Lunch break
• Free Consultation
• Networking Opportunities
• Professional Certificate issued by the British Safety Council ,UK

HSE Training scheduled to hold in MAY 2015

Please click on the course below for further details.
Course Weekends (May) Training Fee (N)
HSE 2nd,3rd,9th & 10th 30,000

Time
Saturdays: 9am - 5pm.
Sundays: 12pm-5pm

Discounts available for a group of 10 or more participants. Contact us today.

Our trainings holds every month.

REGISTER NOW

We have trained various professionals from these organizations:
KPMG, NBC, First Bank, Dangote Sugar, GLO, CAP Plc, Sahara Group, Cakasa, Airtel, Exxon Mobil, Skye Bank, UBA, SON, UBEC, Ecobank, Visafone, Ministry of Works, Swift Oil, Access Bank, Zenith Bank, Oando.

Further Questions?:
T:- 08096692219, 08032804715
E:- temitope@andavoy.com , pmtraining@andavoy.com
W:- www.andavoy.com

Venue/Office Address : 8,Irewole Street, off Opebi road by awosika busstop,Opebi, Ikeja. Lagos
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by ellen00: 11:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
i know of Novelle center. My friend did courses in safety with them , just check this link and check their site.
https://www.nairaland.com/2260067/best-nebosh-british-hse-center
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 14, 2015
IMHO, spending money on HSE is more like a waste of funds. In the labour market, it has little or no value. Any company that wants to hire you will hire you whether you have a HSE certificate or not. If they want someone competent in health, safety and environment, what they do is to hire the person and train him whether or not he's got HSE certificate. I did mine during my service year and it's just there.
@BlissB

2 Likes

Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by BlissB(f): 8:03pm On May 14, 2015
iAmCharis:
IMHO, spending money on HSE is more like a waste of funds. In the labour market, it has little or no value. Any company that wants to hire you will hire you whether you have a HSE certificate or not. If they want someone competent in health, safety and environment, what they do is to hire the person and train him whether or not he's got HSE certificate. I did mine during my service year and it's just there.
@BlissB
When u don yab me finish wetin u day do here...anyway thanks for commenting....am still thinkin about it tho....have seen a lot of people that give much emphasis on it dats y am planning on trying it out...after all no knowledge is lost and u neva can tell when d certificate will come handy later...meanwhile wats IMHO
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 14, 2015
BlissB:
When u don yab me finish wetin u day do here...anyway thanks for commenting....am still thinkin about it tho....have seen a lot of people that give much emphasis on it dats y am planning on trying it out...after all no knowledge is lost and u neva can tell when d certificate will come handy later...meanwhile wats IMHO
Lol.
The people you saw that laid emphasis on it - are they professionals?? same way I was nudged into the HSE thing. Anyway sha no knowledge is wasted. What I know is, even though you have the certificate, when companies employ you, your HSE certificate is irrelevant to them. They'll still take you through their safety training if they need a safety expert.
Well, you can take it up and keep the certificate just like I did. cheesy

Egbe fuwere. wink
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 14, 2015
I forgot to answer this.

IMHO - In my honest opinion.
@BlissB
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by BlissB(f): 8:04am On May 15, 2015
iAmCharis:
Lol.
The people you saw that laid emphasis on it - are they professionals?? same way I was nudged into the HSE thing. Anyway sha no knowledge is wasted. What I know is, even though you have the certificate, when companies employ you, your HSE certificate is irrelevant to them. They'll still take you through their safety training if they need a safety expert.

Egbe fuwere. wink
Lol....u bad eh....thks 4 d advice
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by Nobody: 8:36am On May 15, 2015
BlissB:
Lol....u bad eh....thks 4 d advice
You're welcome. smiley

Eeerrm,, are you from IG?
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by BlissB(f): 9:21am On May 15, 2015
iAmCharis:
You're welcome. smiley
Eeerrm,, are you from IG?
IGExpatiate pls
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by Nobody: 9:24am On May 15, 2015
BlissB:
IGExpatiate pls
Oh, maybe you're not.

I asked because of the term you used yesterday - "ewe". I know only one place where that term is used which is IG. Maybe I was wrong sha. What language was that? I mean the "ewe"
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by BlissB(f): 9:30am On May 15, 2015
iAmCharis:
Oh, maybe you're not.

I asked because of the term you used yesterday - "ewe". I know only one place where that term is used which is IG. Maybe I was wrong sha. What language was that? I mean the "ewe"
Lol.....am sorry for using dat...it means goat *running* and d language is Urhobo
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by Nobody: 9:33am On May 15, 2015
BlissB:
Lol.....am sorry for using dat...it means goat *running* and d language is Urhobo
Lol. Same meaning I had in mind. Esan language though.
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by BlissB(f): 9:38am On May 15, 2015
iAmCharis:
Lol. Same meaning I had in mind. Esan language though.
Okay
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by Skimpledawg(m): 1:27pm On Jul 17, 2015
@ BlissB, evrytin i wz gon say on dz thread az bn said by iamcharis.... Did mine wen i served in warri 2013 n eva since den it az nt gotten me d job i tot it would... D HSE thingy is just over hyped n like Charis said, if companies want a safety expert , they will employ a more 'experienced' hand. Suffice it to say dah, its just a waste of cash.... Invest ya cash in sth more profitable...

My opinion tho.... Investing in ya Masters or PGD is more profitable

3 Likes

Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by BlissB(f): 1:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
Skimpledawg:
@ BlissB, evrytin i wz gon say on dz thread az bn said by iamcharis.... Did mine wen i served in warri 2013 n eva since den it az nt gotten me d job i tot it would... D HSE thingy is just over hyped n like Charis said, if companies want a safety expert , they will employ a more 'experienced' hand. Suffice it to say dah, its just a waste of cash.... Invest ya cash in sth more profitable...

My opinion tho.... Investing in ya Masters or PGD is more profitable
Noted bro.....thanks
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by Skimpledawg(m): 1:45pm On Jul 17, 2015
BlissB:
Noted bro.....thanks
My pleasure sis.... D way u 'bro' som1 ehhn
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by BlissB(f): 9:21am On Jul 18, 2015
Skimpledawg:
My pleasure sis.... D way u 'bro' som1 ehhn
grin lol....u b bro na
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by Skimpledawg(m): 11:33am On Jul 18, 2015
BlissB:
grin lol....u b bro na
No bring dah leg hia o undecided
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by BlissB(f): 11:38am On Jul 18, 2015
Skimpledawg:
No bring dah leg hia o undecided
Ok i don undastnd..i don drop d leg wink
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by Erums(m): 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2016
well to say ....HSE is the future and its an added advantage when you have it...the most key thing about HSE in nigeria is experience and wether youre just an ordinary safety practictioner or youre a proffesional....

all sectors are mandating it now ....i work with the power sector after leaving the oil and gas service sections ....
Re: Please,want To Know About HSE by staggerman(m): 11:34am On Feb 28, 2018
Lol.

Egbe fuwere. wink

You are wrong bro, very wrong.

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ / Loan Incured Before Termination Of Appointment In The Bank:urgent Advice Needed / [BREAKING] NAICOM Staff Protest Unpaid Allowances, To Commence Warning Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.