Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) (53416 Views)

Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again / I Collected My Reserved Ntel Sim Card In Abuja. / How To Get Airtime Code For Free (all Networks Recharge Card In 9ja) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by hamilton62(m): 3:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
GboyegaD:

It is no start in my opinion. There are better diplomatic measures to resolve these than inciting people back home.
It's a diplomatic way because it's also a great harm to him which he is ready to sacrifice for the life of those good citizens who also aid in our economy via personality and remittance...
You fight a man who thinks he has nothing to loose with the little vital thing he places value on... If staying out with my main line,MTN will make the government, citizens and technocrats of South African look for a fast better ways to make things work because it possess more threat to them, let it be...
You don't ask for ill diplomacy when lives are wasted and they still see the act as their right... That's rubbish!
Yours is yours and theirs is theirs... So who will I protect since they are interested in stabbing me?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
1stola:

You are absolutely the myopic fool.
How should we Start?

smiley
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by bionixs: 3:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
bunmioguns:
Foolishness
If he is a fool,what would you call our BRINGBACKOURGIRLS protesters?
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Camellia(f): 3:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
rawpadgin:
OK, where is the bread i bought from shop rite the other day
let me go & throw it into the waste bin
Lwkmd grin
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by cap28: 3:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
SirShymexx:

Err, I just repeated everything I said. Albeit you added that I'm making excuses for white people, which I never did, when conversely I have been saying ANC needs to grow some balls and redistribute the wealth created by the apartheid structure.

The country hasn't changed and the same barbaric structure whereby the minority white settlers own the overwhelming majority of the country, while the majority indigenous black folks live in abject poverty. Which is the reason why they're the way they're.

My grouse with ya post is that you advocated tit for tat, and that's unnecessary, since it will exacerbate the whole thing and might lead to genocide, with black Africans there at the receiving end.

And yes, international pressure can help, if they can get someone they respect to talk to them. I don't think ANC can do much unless you want those angry people to overthrow the government.

ANC isn't going to grow balls any time soon unless that clown Zuma is replaced with someone who actually has the interest of the black south Africans at heart. Zuma is a complete disgrace to the entire country of south Africa and the continent of Africa as a whole. As you well know Zuma will never renege on the deal that Mandela agreed to with the evil white racists who STILL own South Africa lock, stock and barrel, therefore the only solution is for glove puppet Zuma to resign as he has shown himself to be nothing more than an extension of white supremacy and therefore unworthy of the position that he is occupying.

I advocated mass boycott of MTN and DSTV because that is the only card that we black Africans can use to force the hand of these evil racists and their accomplices, begging, pleading, marching and praying does not work ask the African americans.

The world we live in is based on survival of the fittest - we must use what we have to get where we need to be. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of being a second class citizen in a white run world.
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by kadree(m): 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
SirShymexx:

I can't believe you as well find it difficult to think logically and look at the bigger picture, before advocating something that might lead to large scale genocide in the South Africa. Tit for tat will only complicate things - the best folks can do is to keep mounting international pressure, still they can find authority out there they will listen to, to talk to them. It's people vs. people, not a government thing. Whatever you do to multi-national businesses owned by white South Africans won't affect the average South African peasant in a Zulu village, or a thug in Soweto. So, what lesson are you trying to teach them, when they have got nothing to lose?

Also, if you go after South Africans - you'll just exacerbate it, cos those who weren't involved before would get involved - and start killing all foreigners. I doubt the total number of South Africans in Nigeria is upto five thousand max. Even in the UK, there aren't that many black South Africans here (most of those who always claim South Africa are Zimbabweans) - and there are more white South Africans than their black counterparts. I honestly doubt there are upto 10,000 black South Africans in the UK. However, I'd wager that there are hundreds of thousands of Nigerians in South Africa. So, are you willing to risk the lives of hundreds of thousands for just a few thousands? Also, I don't even think most Nigerians in South Africa want to return to Nigeria - why put their lives at risk?

It's better to pray for peace to reign, and other black folks to come together and put pressure on the ANC government to grow some balls and find a lasting solution to the wealth disparities in that. It's not fair on those people. I don't condone what's happening there but once you look at it critically, you'll get a clearer picture.
Words!
From countless comments hia, one can only see d deep systemic failure in our academic institutions. For d guy who broke his Sim in protest, please let's educate him more probably he is yet unaware of what international diplomacy is.
Let mtn , stambic, dstv n shoprite leaves n wait to c if we can av a feel of d environment dat could bring about the CHANGE we v bn dreaming to experience.
D level of unemployment we r facing at d moment, dat is akin to a keg of gunpowder isn't enoff rite? I laff. Even Buhari will beg d c. e. o's of dis coys not to leave both in d open n behind close doors wen dia facilities are less dan protected.
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Kanmyos(m): 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
dat dude ll gt a new one....na jez 1 h.
meanwhile...m highly nd shortly disappointed in South Africans....Mandela spent 27 yrs in prison jez fr dere freedom....now, see wat dey re doin to fellow Africanz....#clears throat----dere matter go soon reach heaven...
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by cap28: 3:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
kadree:

Words!
From countless comments hia, one can only see d deep systemic failure in our academic institutions. For d guy who broke his Sim in protest, please let's educate him more probably he is yet unaware of what international diplomacy is.
Let mtn leaves, stambic, dstv n shoprite n c if we can av a feel of d environment dat could bring about the CHANGE we v bn dreaming to experience.
D level of unemployment starring at us like a keg of gunpowder isn't enoff rite? I laff. even Buhari will beg d c. e. o's of dis coys not to leave behind closed doors

you have the mindset of a slave, no dignity, so self respect, why cant Nigerians provide the same services that are being provided by the likes of MTN and DSTV, we claim to be educated and enlightened, why then don't we set up similar businesses? Certificate Education minus actual implementation of knowledge gained = zero. Keep enriching foreigners at the expense of your own economic growth.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by caprini1: 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
xreal:
MTN
DSTV
SHOPRITE
Just this 3 companies are holding Nigerians on their balls!
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:
I just broke my mtn sim card in protest over the xnophobia attacks against Nigerians in South Africa( MTN is a south African owned mobile Telecommunication company operational in Nigeria).- Ifeduba ThankGod Tochukwu

Tag, copy and Share this Picture.

Me sef I just destroyed my own sim and Dstv.
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by SirShymexx: 3:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
cap28:

ANC isn't going to grow balls any time soon unless that clown Zuma is replaced with someone who actually has the interest of the black south Africans at heart. Zuma is a complete disgrace to the entire country of south Africa and the continent of Africa as a whole. As you well know Zuma will never renege on the deal that Mandela agreed to with the evil white racists who STILL own South Africa lock, stock and barrel, therefore the only solution is for glove puppet Zuma to resign as he has shown himself to be nothing more than an extension of white supremacy and therefore unworthy of the position that he is occupying.

I advocated mass boycott of MTN and DSTV because that is the only card that we black Africans can use to force the hand of these evil racists and their accomplices, begging, pleading, marching and praying does not work ask the African americans.

The world we live in is based on survival of the fittest - we must use what we have to get where we need to be. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of being a second class citizen in a white run world.

Even if they were to replace Zuma, it won't change. So, it's more of an ANC thing - and that's evident in the way Mbeki was kicked out when he started murmuring about doing what Mugabe did. I think Mandela institutionalised it.

How are they are accomplices with the evil racists when they have got their own wars in rural South Africa with Afrikaans? My point is that: it's a Zulu thing now, if you retaliate and give a Xhosa a bloody nose in Nigeria, and Xhosas end up joining the madness, don't you think it will get worse? Then the other black South African ethnic groups also joining in might turn it into a genocide. So, you have to tread carefully cos they have nothing to lose, and most of them hardly leave their country. Whereas there are millions of other black Africans living there.

Just pray for peace to reign, and hopefully this will be a wake-up call for ANC. They have to do the right thing and damn the consequences before it consumes them as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by kadree(m): 3:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
cap28:

you have the mindset of a slave, no dignity, so self respect, why cant Nigerians provide the same services that are being provided by the likes of MTN and DSTV, we claim to be educated and enlightened, why then don't we set up similar businesses? Certificate Education minus actual implementation of knowledge gained = zero. Keep enriching foreigners at the expense of your own economic growth.

Cool ur temper brother. Wit time, u will admit dat d guy up dia actually made a decision not close to a +ve one. Dia is time for self realization. Kul ur temper sir... Just kul am.
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Chartey(m): 3:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
sledjama:

i thought you got the joke
My bad.
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by donodion(m): 4:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
GboyegaD:
Is that a better solution to the killings?

Its one step in the right direction.Do same and stop complaining. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

#sayNOtoXenophobia #boycottSAproducts
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Fibo27(m): 4:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
SELENAqueensy:
As if it can change anything

Nice curves!!! Damn
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by lisabty22: 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
what is our problem at least he broke his sgm what have you done imagine if we are the one killing sa here do you think buy now they wont have started killing our people atleast let us protest do something to show those idiot that no body touches the tail of a lioness and go free where we go show action we go the do peace peace god save sa person i never see one i go use am do sample god punish that there useless king.amen
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
This is why a lot of nigerian youths are stupid! Tochukwu breaks his sim in protest and the empty skull idiots are saying all sorta of nonsense. You're not in the government, you're all waiting for them irresponsible government, your government hasnt done anything but we can do something and someone just did. He breaks his sim, MTN loses a customer. That doesnt seem like much until one by one everybody starts to disconnect the sims from their phones then you'll see the strenght in what Tochukwu did. Who will buy their recharge cards then, who will pay for their services? We are always waiting for things to be done for us...what do we get? Not what we can give. Im glad some people called his action cheap...then do the cheap thing. There is great strenght in solidarity, things that started like what Tochukwu did have gone on in more advanced countries to record great victories and results. If its to taje challenges that are irrelevant to us here in Nigeria, you'll see every tom, dick and harry doing nonsense...take the ice bucket challenge for instance. Many fools here didnt even know what it was about but they went on to do it. Now our brothers and sisters are dying out there like flies, they are being killed like rodents and we are here talking poo instead of acting in your own little way. No one has asked you to fight or incite a reprisal attack, but do a little thing to contribute.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by olamikhail(m): 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:
I just broke my mtn sim card in protest over the xnophobia attacks against Nigerians in South Africa( MTN is a south African owned mobile Telecommunication company operational in Nigeria).- Ifeduba ThankGod Tochukwu

its a start.change comes in many forms #respectlife
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by ajayiopy: 4:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
This is not solution because 95% workers in mtn Nigeria are Nigerian
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by GboyegaD(m): 5:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
donodion:

Its one step in the right direction.Do same and stop complaining. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

#sayNOtoXenophobia #boycottSAproducts

I wouldn't do same as 2 wrongs don't make right.
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by princesuko(m): 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. My bad, I'm just niggerish sometimes and when you talk to ignorant nyggahs - you have to lace it with abusive words, for it to sink in.

The ignorance of most of the folks on here is sickening. Post-apartheid South Africa is still a young country - and anyone who is 20 and above should be well acquainted with its history, since this is still the apartheid generation of South Africans.

That is why the really ANC, government, police and armed forces in the country haven't really said much. They know they messed up. And they can only keep pleading with those angry folks in abject poverty unleashing misplaced anger on other poor black Africans.

Tit for tat won't help anyone cos most South Africans don't even leave their country. It is going to hurt Nigerians and other Africans more - catch 22. Those folks have nothing to lose and you don't fight folks who are like that. You just placate them and hope they listen to you….

I am not even sure you are a Nigerian.

You are not economically groomed if you say so it Africa has nothing to loose...

Let them Get their ass together Or you will be shocked about what they are Gonna be loosing!!!!

1 Like

Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by SirShymexx: 5:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
princesuko:

I am not even sure you are a Nigerian.

You are not economically groomed if you say so it Africa has nothing to loose...

Let them Get their ass together Or you will be shocked about what they are Gonna be loosing!!!!

Educate me on what a Zulu peasant in a Zulu village living abject poverty and a Zulu thug in Soweto with no hopes in life going to lose?
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by adeoluakin: 5:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
The part I don't understand is why Nigerians think reprisal against the SA businesses will have any effect. Are these companies not employers of Nigerians? 98% or even more. The CEO of MTN Nigeria is Nigerian yet you break your SIM to send a message to who exactly?

We really should just stop doing or saying things for the sake of it.
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Kentrasso(f): 5:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
I know this may be wrong to feel but I am so upset and for a moment I started thinking maybe someone would just set the south African embassy at VI, lagos on fire. That would definitely send a message
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Walexybode10: 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
What if a family member of ours was affected, will we not break more than our mtn sims, if our leaders can not act, there is power in unity according to mandella, REVOLUTION, our unity got jonathan off power without war, same thing can still happen.
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by hope4nigeria(m): 5:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:

@OP, i too just broke two of my MTN sim and deleted all SA music on my memory cards! pls is LUCKY DUBE a SA nationals? i love his music but i'v selected all his tracks waiting to delete them all if i confirm he's frm SA. i need answer pls
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by cap28: 5:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
SirShymexx:

Educate me on what a Zulu peasant in a Zulu village living abject poverty and a Zulu thug in Soweto with no hopes in life going to lose?

This problem is bigger than the Zulu peasant or thug, its gone beyond that, its about dealing with the person who caused the Zulu thug to act like an animal and kill his African brother, the same African brother who stood in solidarity with him against the white man who has ruined his life. Had it not been for apartheid that Zulu thug would not be living in such a state of despair and hatred. Lets not lose sight of the real villain in this situation. Hitting MTN where it hurts will force the hand of the south African govt one way or the other. If they refuse to do something about the mass poverty caused by apartheid then they will have themselves to blame as I cant see this situation ending well for anyone in that country.
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by cap28: 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
SirShymexx:

Even if they were to replace Zuma, it won't change. So, it's more of an ANC thing - and that's evident in the way Mbeki was kicked out when he started murmuring about doing what Mugabe did. I think Mandela institutionalised it.

How are they are accomplices with the evil racists when they have got their own wars in rural South Africa with Afrikaans? My point is that: it's a Zulu thing now, if you retaliate and give a Xhosa a bloody nose in Nigeria, and Xhosas end up joining the madness, don't you think it will get worse? Then the other black South African ethnic groups also joining in might turn it into a genocide. So, you have to tread carefully cos they have nothing to lose, and most of them hardly leave their country. Whereas there are millions of other black Africans living there.

Just pray for peace to reign, and hopefully this will be a wake-up call for ANC. They have to do the right thing and damn the consequences before it consumes them as well.

Its funny how you make absolutely no mention of the apartheid regime and the central role that it played in the current state of affairs in South Africa. Why are you diverting off into inter ethnic issues when the crux of the problems of South Africa is hinged on its disgusting racist apartheid govt which still pulls the strings from behind closed doors? If Mandela had done the right thing and refused to sell out to De Beers and the other white industrialists blacks would have had most of their primary needs met but as this was not the case all that happened was a postponement of what is yet to come.

I for one would prefer Malema in office to Zuma but I know the west would work day and night to have him assassinated.
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by DYKA: 6:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:

: this is plain stupid. You are just like them if you don't know.
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Onyi4live(m): 6:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
#NoToXenophobia we are all Africa...
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by PunkyOh(f): 6:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
hope4nigeria:
@OP, i too just broke two of my MTN sim and deleted all SA music on my memory cards! pls is LUCKY DUBE a SA nationals? i love his music but i'v selected all his tracks waiting to delete them all if i confirm he's frm SA. i need answer pls

Yes he was! Please delete!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

[] Post Your Android Phone Problems Here And Get A Solution[] / My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! / Hacker Group, Anonymous Takes Down Glo Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.