Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Work In Progress (vw Beetle) - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Work In Progress (vw Beetle) (33350 Views)

8 Crazily Unique Beetle Cars You Have Never Seen Before (photos) / Nigerian Man Redesigns A Beetle Tortoise Car Into A Rolls Royce / Would You Buy This Rusty 1952 Volkswagen Beetle (ijapa) For N30million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
Brake linings fixed
Engine brought down for cleaning

2 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 5:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
More

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by dubie92: 12:35am On Nov 19, 2015
Nice job bro.
I guess u now have all the space u needed for the cleaning of the engines.

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
A very small but strong engine. I am glad you took time out to restore this beetle back to good shape. And make dem clean dat engine well well.

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 10:46pm On Nov 19, 2015
dubie92:
Nice job bro.
I guess u now have all the space u needed for the cleaning of the engines.
Thanks man. .....
space...... somehow
environment. ...... not what I had in mind
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
dumo1:
A very small but strong engine. I am glad you took time out to restore this beetle back to good shape. And make dem clean dat engine well well.
Very well sir
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by redcliff: 4:17pm On Nov 20, 2015
there is nothing interesting about this project. (no offence intended). from the paint job to the lights, tires and interior.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by kingreign(m): 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2015
^^^^
angry

2 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by FFOD(m): 6:45pm On Nov 20, 2015
redcliff:
there is nothing interesting about this project. (no offence intended). from the paint job to the lights, tires and interior.

My guy park well angry

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by masties2(f): 8:07pm On Nov 20, 2015
Very impressive project. I am awed by your passion.

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 21, 2015
redcliff:

Redcliff, you've let me down.

Did you really have to make the above comment? We make use of whatever resources are available when embarking on any sort of projects, cars or otherwise.

I'm disappointed.

3 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by redcliff: 9:30am On Nov 21, 2015
Siena:

Redcliff, you've let me down.

Did you really have to make the above comment? We make use of whatever resources are available when embarking on any sort of projects, cars or otherwise.

I'm disappointed.

i agree with you on the resources part but as for how i feel about the outcome of this project, it still has not changed. there must be something that ought to make this car stand out. to me, that should be the idea of a restoration project. No offence intended still.

2 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 21, 2015
redcliff:

i agree with you on the resources part but as for how i feel about the outcome of this project, it still has not changed. there must be something that ought to make this car stand out. to me, that should be the idea of a restoration project. No offence intended still.
F out of this thread.. did you buy the car for him the Benz you wanted to restore, you abandoned the project cox of the logistics and here you are condemning someones work cox you didn't make it urself.

5 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2015
Let's give redcliff a break. He clearly stated that he meant no offense. I understand his point of view, however, restoring that classic vehicle even to normal factory spec is IMO a worthy undertaking.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by redcliff: 4:43pm On Nov 21, 2015
Bossforeva:
F out of this thread.. did you buy the car for him the Benz you wanted to restore, you abandoned the project cox of the logistics and here you are condemning someones work cox you didn't make it urself.

because i kept quiet on the benz did not mean i did not buy it. When im ready to put it into the condition i want; i would reopen my thread.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
redcliff:

because i kept quiet on the benz did not mean i did not buy it. When im ready to put it into the condition i want; i would reopen my thread.
if at all y bought it, how would u feel if someone typed as u did.

3 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by redcliff: 6:30pm On Nov 21, 2015
Bossforeva:
if at all y bought it, how would u feel if someone typed as u did.

Then thats their opinion. As long as i am satisfied with what i did on it. However, ciriticism is also part of the spice of life!
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by ruke84(m): 8:14pm On Nov 21, 2015
redcliff:

Must you comment
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 5:25pm On Nov 23, 2015
redcliff:
Redcliff. .... let me quote myself first

' So while I'm still hoping to get the 500E, I became motivated by Denn and decided to get myself a bug. After hunting for a pro panel beater, I got one who is a veteran in the business, so work has started.
This is something I just decided to do cause of love for the bug and it's uniqueness.
It's a low budget restoration, and I look foward to a lot of positive contributions from you guys.......enjoy'

I initially hoped to get a 500E, but I just couldn't get first due to its scarcity and unexpected cost of those found. It's still very much on my mind but I've got to reinforce my pocket first so I don't hang myself. But in the process of doing that I just thought I should get a bug cause I wanted it. I searched, got one that was in a pretty bad condition and all I'm doing here is to get it into try to get it back to shape. I stated that this was going to be a LOW BUDGET project but in real sense I wouldn't have resisted to blow whatever the budget was to get what I wanted ( which I did outrageously) , but I got to realise that I wasn't going to get what I wanted especially where I am(from the bodywork to the paint job..gonna paint again soon) so I decided to spend less.
So I decided just to continue the LOW BUDGET project locally, so even I changed the picture I had in mind at least for now. But that not withstanding I've been encouraged all the way by the well meaning folks here and outside. Its unfortunate our expectations weren't met but then life must continue....
This wasn't what I intended doing ( the 500E was), it's just a side project.
Oya focus

2 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Denn(m): 5:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin

I just dey observe o.

Chibzee2, you have been an inspiration to me. You have forged ahead despite all obstacles.don't be bothered

People think restoring a car in Nigeria is easy. It's not about the money.

I have given my beetle to three different panel beaters and I still am not satisfied. My painter has loaded some panels with enough potty to set up a Volkswagen factory. Parts are not available and when they are, they are worse than what you want to replace.

Low budget restorations are low budget restorations. Why should I spend a million naira to restore a Beetle in Nigeria?

Finally, we all have personal finances to cater for. There are scales of preference especially when you have responsibilities. Not everybody has an unlimited bank account.

If I decide to spend only 50,000 on a project, it is my cup of top tea.

Saying you see nothing interesting in something that gives another person joy is not civil.

3 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by redcliff: 6:22pm On Nov 23, 2015
Chibzee2:

Redcliff. .... let me quote myself first

' So while I'm still hoping to get the 500E, I became motivated by Denn and decided to get myself a bug. After hunting for a pro panel beater, I got one who is a veteran in the business, so work has started.
This is something I just decided to do cause of love for the bug and it's uniqueness.
It's a low budget restoration, and I look foward to a lot of positive contributions from you guys.......enjoy'

I initially hoped to get a 500E, but I just couldn't get first due to its scarcity and unexpected cost of those found. It's still very much on my mind but I've got to reinforce my pocket first so I don't hang myself. But in the process of doing that I just thought I should get a bug cause I wanted it. I searched, got one that was in a pretty bad condition and all I'm doing here is to get it into try to get it back to shape. I stated that this was going to be a LOW BUDGET project but in real sense I wouldn't have resisted to blow whatever the budget was to get what I wanted ( which I did outrageously) , but I got to realise that I wasn't going to get what I wanted especially where I am(from the bodywork to the paint job..gonna paint again soon) so I decided to spend less.
So I decided just to continue the LOW BUDGET project locally, so even I changed the picture I had in mind at least for now. But that not withstanding I've been encouraged all the way by the well meaning folks here and outside. Its unfortunate our expectations weren't met but then life must continue....
This wasn't what I intended doing ( the 500E was), it's just a side project.
Oya focus

Thumbs up..

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 7:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
Denn:
grin grin grin grin grin

I just dey observe o.

Chibzee2, you have been an inspiration to me. You have forged ahead despite all obstacles.don't be bothered

People think restoring a car in Nigeria is easy. It's not about the money.

I have given my beetle to three different panel beaters and I still am not satisfied. My painter has loaded some panels with enough potty to set up a Volkswagen factory. Parts are not available and when they are, they are worse than what you want to replace.

Low budget restorations are low budget restorations. Why should I spend a million naira to restore a Beetle in Nigeria?

Finally, we all have personal finances to cater for. There are scales of preference especially when you have responsibilities. Not everybody has an unlimited bank account.

If I decide to spend only 50,000 on a project, it is my cup of top tea.

Saying you see nothing interesting in something that gives another person joy is not civil.
Thanks Boss.
Na you ginger me in the first place self, small small we'll get there. ....... but boss o, that painter get mind o cool
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 7:07pm On Nov 23, 2015
redcliff:

Thumbs up..
Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by drnsoha(m): 10:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
Hello Op, I have been following your thread and its interesting. I know this car, as a matter of fact I normally see it when going to work at ihiagwa community some months ago with a community boy who drives it around. At the back glass there is something written "Onuru ube nwanne agala oso" and I think that is the name of their community age grade union or something but its just for the youths (mainly bus drivers and keke riders). I haven't been seeing it for months now did you buy it?
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 11:46pm On Nov 23, 2015
drnsoha:
Hello Op, I have been following your thread and its interesting. I know this car, as a matter of fact I normally see it when going to work at ihiagwa community some months ago with a community boy who drives it around. At the back glass there is something written "Onuru ube nwanne agala oso" and I think that is the name of their community age grade union or something but its just for the youths (mainly bus drivers and keke riders). I haven't been seeing it for months now did you buy it?
Exactly man, that should be the one, It was my mechanic who got it for me and i believe it should be the one. Been about 8 months now
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
Saw this style post on Instagram today, I immediately remembered ur project. U never can predict the outcome of what you are building, till people starts paying you for a video or photo shoot of it like that monster ford truck in Lekki. I mean the one Korede used in the glo advert. Many Talk show hosts has featured the whip.

2 Likes

Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 6:52am On Nov 29, 2015
Hey guys, would like to know. ...... not like it hasn't been done already though but things are subject to change.
So what size and profile of tyre would be preferred on the bug.
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 7:00am On Nov 29, 2015
Bossforeva:
Saw this style post on Instagram today, I immediately remembered ur project. U never can predict the outcome of what you are building, till people starts paying you for a video or photo shoot of it like that monster ford truck in Lekki. I mean the one Korede used in the glo advert. Many Talk show hosts has featured the whip.
Very cool Boss, but that finish go though for here o...... will try BGG
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
Chibzee2:
Hey guys, would like to know. ...... not like it hasn't been done already though but things are subject to change.
So what size and profile of tyre would be preferred on the bug.
What is your priority?
Driving comfort or aesthetics?
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Chibzee2: 5:06am On Nov 30, 2015
0rex:

What is your priority?
Driving comfort or aesthetics?
would have gone for a low profile Tyre, but our roads say otherwise, so normal profile no bad......
As for aesthetics, something that would make the car look very stable and have a nice stance.......probably a wider tyre......205/65s or 215s/65s, although some people might not like this as it would take some look of classic off the car......
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 30, 2015
Am more interested in the wheel options
Re: Work In Progress (vw Beetle) by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 30, 2015
205/60x15 rubber, on 7"x15" wheels.

215/65's are way too big, and will overwhelm the engine, which will be labouring most of the time. That engine made 45hp when it was new. Fast forward 36 years, you're looking at circa. 33hp. The smaller the wheel and tyre combo, the better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria / End Of Discussion Vs Discussion Continues / Would You Buy This Almost Brand New 1985 BMW 323i For N30m? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.