Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] (3511 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Xmas Message To Nigerians - Read / See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria / Igbos In East Africa Sends Congratulatory Message To Buhari- Ifeduba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by tablu: 11:57am On Apr 19, 2015
Nigerians in South Africa have sent out a distress call to their home country concerning the xenophobic attacks against them.

According to an interviewee on the PUNCH, this was a broadcast message sent by a group of xenophobic South Africans to non-South Africans living in their country:

“Dear neighbour from Africa and other parts of the world, we have travelled the world and have not found one country that allows the floods of humans across its borders as South Africa is experiencing. Even in war-torn parts like Syria, Ukraine, Yemen and Somali.

“We were seven million people in Johannesburg city in 2011. Today, we have an estimated 13 million. In Johannesburg alone, you have taken over entire suburbs: Yeoville, Berea, Bez Valley, Turfontein, among many. You have even moved into rural parts of our country that have 80-per-cent unemployment, and there are no visible signs that you have jobs either.

“We want to be proudly part of the geographic construct called Africa, but we are as different from one another as Kenyans are from Nigerians; Ivorians from Chadians, etc.

“We are pleading with you to return to your home countries. Go and build up those countries so that we can all live in economic, social and political prosperity and peace as neighbours. The genocide in this corner of Africa will be far worse than what happened in Rwanda in 1994. Then the entire continent will be condemned to ashes. Is that what you want?

“South Africans not fully employed or who were found guilty of crimes, were recently repatriated from Nigeria and rightly so.

“Our people are preparing for war against all foreigners (from Bulgaria, Pakistan and Bangladesh to Africa, north of the Limpopo) and we are all very scared. Please go home and build Africa. Millions will die if you don’t. This we can guarantee.”http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/xenophobia-south-africa-sends-frightening-sms-to-expatriate-nigerians-read.110534/
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by m1500: 11:59am On Apr 19, 2015
booked
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
My hatred for southafrica is older than my age

5 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by nationwide1(m): 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
Government or people who take words for mere conglomeration of alphabets will wait until South Africans make good their threats, then scramble for solution when loved ones must have gone.

Well, the South Africans have a point if you ask me because even in our country, some people ask citizens of same country to go back and build their regions.

Therefore, let's not complain. Let's leave South Africa. Let them leave our land too.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by NaMe4: 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
Is that why you had to stone people's heads with blocks and attack women with machetes? Cos u are now 13 million in one town?

Everyone will leave, but what of those that were murdered?

Nigerians there should come back o. We have enough infrastructure on ground and job positions in different industries ranging from TV entertainment to telecoms, departmental stores and malls, etc that have even had monopoly over indigenous counterparts.

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by ozoigbondu: 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
Wickedness

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by jaysniggs: 12:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
I honestly don't blame them
How many South Africans are striving in Nigeria?
Let us put ourselves together we youths, the young ones are looking up to us, the old ones have little energy to fight for our cause, as youths of this country, we own this country, we are the ones that are feeling the worst pains yet no one seems to notice! Our government isn't noticing because they have their wards abroad, living like princes and princesses.
Let us hold these people accountable for their actions and in-actions, we can't just keep shaking our heads over unfortunate events like this.
Let us rise and be equal with other youths of other races, let us take this baton of development.
Our leaders are united for themselves and their families alone.
Your uncle who is a minister doesn't make you a minister, your billionaire father doesn't make you a billionaire, your mogul relative doesn't make you a tycoon.Why not fight for yours?
Why not develop this nation before things get worse?
We are one of the most blessed nations in the whole world, I think its high time we all stood up to that challenge.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by cy4cent(f): 12:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!! this is getting messier!!!

chaiiiii, with all our oil n wealth see the way this small country rubbish us,

it will not be well with all the looters of our national wealth.

even now they are talking of 2.3 trillion shared stupidly money that could build companies where Nigerians can work, n not get this inhumane treatment ,I feel so sad.

Abacha
Babagida
obj
abdulsalam
Jonathan

there is God ooooooo.......

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by vjsmiles: 12:23pm On Apr 19, 2015

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by slap1(m): 12:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
The message is loud and clear. Unfortunately it's not easy to come back, but this is a matter of life and death.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by Volksfuhrer(m): 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
I believe South Africans are going mad, unless what I've just read from the op is false!
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by phantom(m): 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
If this is true,then even the safety of their own citizens in other countries is not guaranteed. They do not have monopoly of violence.all it takes is for one or two nations to start their own genocide and it ll spread like wildfire.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by Nonybb: 1:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
South Africans are idiots. Are they not the ones that allowing it when they refused to deal with their white slaves first by allowing them to be Masters over them. Kill the white masters first before the fellow colour of Africans. Africa is about to become a global village where borders would be eliminated; chase out those of your white masters then you can start with Mozambiqueans, kenyans, Nigerians etc you hypocritical black slaves

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by Horus(m): 1:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
[img]http://cache.matrix.msu.edu/afractivist/big32-131-3B5-98-vancouver%20sticker.jpg[/img]

[size=17pt]Stop buying or using South African products[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by Gorimakpa1: 1:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬Don't care where you come from
As long as you're a black man, you're an African
No mind your nationality
You have got the identity of an African ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬

' ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬Cause if you come from Clarendon
(You are an African)
And if you come from Portland
(You are an African)
And if you come from Westmoreland, you're an African ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬

So don't care where you come from
No mind your nationality
You've got the identity of an African

'Cause if you come Trinidad
(You are an African)
And if you come from Nassau
(You are an African)
And if you come from Cuba, you're an African

So don't care where you come from ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬
No mind your complexion
There is no rejection, you're an African

'Cause if your plexion high, high, high
If your complexion low, low
And if your plexion in between, you're an African

No mind denomination
That is only segregation, you're an African

'Cause if you go to the Catholic ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬
(You are an African)
And if you go to the Methodist
(You are an African)
And if you go to the Church of Gods, you're an African

No mind your nationality
You have got the identity of an African

'Cause if you come from Brixton ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬
(You are an African)
And if you come from Weesday
(You are an African)
And if you come from Wingstead
(You are an African)

And if you come from France
(You are an African)
And if you come from Brooklyn
(You are an African)

And if you come from Queens
(You are an African)
And if you come from Manhattan
(You are an African)

And if you come from Canada
(You are an African)
And if you come from Miami
(You are an African)

And if you come from Switzerland
(You are an African) ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬
And if you come from Germany
(You are an African)

And if you come from Russia
(You are an African)
And if you come from Taiwan
(You are an African) ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬

SONGWRITERS
TOSH, PETER

PUBLISHED BY
LYRICS © UNIVERSAL MUSIC PUBLISHING GROUP

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
You were given a register to fill so you can hitch a free flight back home,

You are there showing us text,

You better hide well or start trekking back.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by tablu: 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
Imanuelle:
You were given a register to fill so you can hitch a free flight back home,

You are there showing us text,

You better hide well or start trekking back.
I dontrek reach zimbabwe.Mugabe received me wella...
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by tablu: 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
Horus:
[img]http://cache.matrix.msu.edu/afractivist/big32-131-3B5-98-vancouver%20sticker.jpg[/img]

[size=17pt]Stop buying or using South African products[/size]

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by LAGrejectIBO: 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
This is a reasonable request and shohld not be construed negatively.

Survival is a war....and is based on resource ownership.If your own survival is put at risk because of risk of elimination imposed by others then of course you will be foolish not.to respond with aggression.

No one who have a home to return to should have problem with the SA position.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by clubone0501: 2:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
angry
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by Obiagu1(m): 3:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
This reminds me of "Igbos should leave Lagos".

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by Pinkiedearie(f): 3:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
Modern day babarians..

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
hypocritical Nigerians. the same set of people shouting Igbos should leave Lagos. now they dehumanize south Africans

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by omenka(m): 3:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nigerian government says it would airlift our citizens if the situation gets any worse than it was. I think this is as worse as it gets. Time to extract every man, woman and child of Nigerian origin from that hell hole. I just lost my long standing appetite for that country.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by tunex23: 3:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
Appaling

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by Obiagu1(m): 4:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
omenka:
Nigerian government says it would airlift our citizens if the situation gets any worse than it was. I think this is as worse as it gets. Time to extract every man, woman and child of Nigerian origin from that hell hole. I just lost my long standing appetite for that country.

... just like many have lost interest in the xenophobic SW as well as the murderous North.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by omenka(m): 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagu1:

... just like many have lost interest in the xenophobic SW as well as the murderous North.
Very useless comment. Keep me out of you guys' childish tantrums. I'm not interested.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by Obiagu1(m): 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
omenka:
Very useless comment. Keep me out of you guys' childish tantrums. I'm not interested.

Truth hurts!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by seunfly: 4:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
Animals in human skin, do I blame them I will rather blame African leaders who has made their country unloving for her citizens to the extent that they will rather die in strange land to coming home.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by Obiagu1(m): 4:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
seunfly:
Animals in human skin, do I blame them I will rather blame African leaders who has made their country unloving for her citizens to the extent that they will rather die in strange land to coming home.

Nigerians are safer in South Africa than in Nigeria. Isn't it obvious?

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by lanicky(f): 5:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
Come back home now.....it's better to drink garri in Nigerian than to eat chicken lap nd die in SA.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] by LAGrejectIBO: 5:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagu1:

You mean racist West and Arpatheid North!

...go home!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov Ikpeazu Commissions Ochefu Road Aba (photos) / Ebonyi State Government Destroy Peoples Goods For Welcoming Nnamdi Kanu In Mass / Restructuring Nigeria: Full Speech Of Ohaneze Leader Nnia Nwodo At Cattham House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.