Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,986 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town (51239 Views)

Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital / Unfortunate Deaths In Our Hospitals; A Nurse's Perspective / Irele Mysterious Deaths: Community Begins Spiritual Cleansing (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Dyt(f): 2:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
mmsen:

It is immoral to promote falsehoods.

What has being African got to being willfully ignorant?

Please don't quote me if you don't have anything reasonable to say to my own opinion

Stick with your oyinbo and leave my own African alone
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by sweatholder(m): 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
This whites won't understand what our forefathers served in those days.Its called black magic lol.I still don't believe WHO tho. gods do kill I ve seen some victims before in my community

Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by VickyRotex(f): 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
Defcon1:

Sure.
just like they have been doing with HIV, TB, Malaria, Hypertension, Diabetes...gringrin

cheesy cheesy exactly wink grin

1 Like

Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by kobonaire(m): 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
The "angry god" narrative is sweeter grin

RIP to the victims.

1 Like

Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by mmsen: 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
strawberryinc:
black race, black mentality

Religious myths and superstition are not peculiar to any part of the world.

There is no such thing as 'black mentality', only individual stupidity which you have displayed so well.

1 Like

Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by richidinho(m): 2:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
But why did the scientist said this "region ravaged by Ebola"

He is mad

1 Like

Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Dyt(f): 2:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
boolet:

grin well, Webster dictionary on thunderbolt:
"a flash of lightning that makes a loud sound of thunder and that hits someone or something." grin
You see it doesn't correlate with magun grin

Na same oo
By the time that thing strikes
Its worse to thunderbolt

I saw the movie na
Didn't u?
The doctors tried it, not until they called in the baba
Who wan die
grin grin
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
politricks:
My people perish for their lack of knowledge. I wonder what is the function of our so called universities.

University does not alter a mans cultural and religious beliefs
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
Funjosh:
Let them apeased the gods and also carry out scientific research and orthodox medication. Let just do what ever we can to save the people that are dying.

D truth should be found scientifically
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by boolet: 2:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
Dyt:

Na same oo
By the time that thing strikes
Its worse to thunderbolt

I saw the movie na
Didn't u?
The doctors tried it, not until they called in the baba
Who wan die
grin grin
I no be babalawo ooo, but I learnt magun is of various kinds (up to 98 or more). The one that strikes is just one of the very many forms. Some will make the victim drink water until he commits suicide by drowning in water; river, well, etc.
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by adconline(m): 2:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
dammygreit:
Since WHO says Pesticides/herbicides/insecticides is the cause of the mysterious disease, how would they help the community to curb the spread of the deadly disease? What pre-cautionary measures would they give?
Where are ur local, state and FG health officials??
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
only God knows the real cause. Afican religion is real.wether we chose to believe or not.What were our forefathers practicing before all the foreign religions came in?
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by pomporiking: 2:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
Rubbish!!!keep appeasing ur gods until WHO has something better to say
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Dyt(f): 2:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
boolet:

I no be babalawo ooo, but I learnt magun is of various kinds (up to 98 or more). The one that strikes is just one of the very many forms. Some will make the victim drink water until he commits suicide by drowning in water; river, well, etc.

Some will crow
Some will do snake style
Some will Summersault

Depends on how they want the magun to work
grin grin

If una wey dey call backwards climb magun
No WHO can save oo
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by freshcvv(m): 2:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by freshcvv(m): 2:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
How come the poison handpicked those who died?

How come they are mostly young men between 25 and 40 years of age?
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by uchennaq(m): 2:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
politricks:
My people perish for their lack of knowledge. I wonder what is the function of our so called universities.
You have 2 eyes some people have 4. Do not neglect power of deity if what priest say is true.
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by yomi007k(m): 2:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
Mentally lazy black folks.
Angry god black C*ck
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by amanze15(m): 2:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
Gullibility ignorance stupidity grin grin pls other words that are synonymous to AFRICA, chai the big GUY up in heaven gave us brains africans lets use it pls say NO to XEnOPhobia
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by eaglechild: 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
Yeah
I knew it had to be some form of chemical poisoning.
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by boolet: 2:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
Dyt:

Some will crow
Some will do snake style
Some will Summersault

Depends on how they want the magun to work
grin grin

If una wey dey call backwards climb magun
No WHO can save oo
Hahaha, I laff in itsekiri.

1 Like

Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Dyt(f): 2:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
boolet:

Hahaha, I laff in itsekiri.

How is the laughter
Will love to hear it
Muchecheche
Kilakilakilakila
Buchakabuchakilobuchacha
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by hamilton62(m): 2:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
Sharon6:
Tell them. I keep wondering when we're going to grow up in this country Nigeria. The chief priest go don eat bellefull with all the things wey them gullible people bring for appropriation.

In other news: Say no to Xenophobia..... # Africa Unite.
Please, all you would have said is ...when people will know that deities are scam...
There are deities all over the world... When will people understand that there's a true and best God?
Though, I heard from a friend who served in the state(ondo) that they prefer gris-gris(juju) to God and church is rare where he served.
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by themodernman: 2:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
dridowu:
*WHO scientists say not angry god behind strange deaths in Ode-Irele

Pesticide poisoning was the likely cause of the mysterious deaths of at least 18 people in a southwestern Nigerian town earlier this week, the World Health Organization said Sunday.

The “current hypothesis is cause of the event is herbicides”, WHO spokesman Gregory Hartl said in a Tweet.

“Tests done so far are negative for viral and bacterial infection,” he added.

The victims began showing symptoms early last week in what Ondo state spokesman Kayode Akinmade called a “mysterious disease”, prompting fears of a new infectious disease outbreak in a region ravaged by Ebola.

The victims, whose symptoms included headache, weight loss, blurred vision and loss of consciousness, died within a day of falling ill in the town of Ode-Irele, in southwestern Ondo state.
The Ondo state health commissioner, Dayo Adeyanju, told AFP Saturday that 23 people had been affected.

Akinmade said health officials and experts from the government and aid agencies, as well as WHO epidemiologists, had arrived in Ode-Irele to investigate the deaths.

The tests were carried out at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, the WHO said.
A high chief of the town had attributed the deaths to the anger of the god of Molokun.

High Chief Moses Enimade, next in command to Oba Cornelius Olanrewaju-Lebi, debunked the rumour that the deaths were caused by strange disease or Ebola virus.

No fewer than 20 youths reportedly died of severe headaches and blindness in the town recently.
Enimade contended that some stubborn youths broke into the inner room of Molokun Shrine on April 15.

“Molokun is a deity of the land, only the Chief Priest and High Chief Gboguron are qualified to enter the shrine.’’

The chief said the youths entered the shrine and made away with traditional items in a bid to acquire extra-ordinary powers and engage in money ritual.
“They were not qualified to enter the room (shrine). They had to face death penalty’’; he emphasised.
“Because these youths want to be rich at all costs, they entered the sacred place and made away with traditional items and 20 of them have died as a result of their desperate acts,

“We have to appease the gods or else many will still die and we have to bury them according to tradition. Their corpses belong to the gods and will be exhumed if buried by their families.’’

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/19/who-blames-pesticide-for-mysterious-deaths-in-nigerian-town/

I wonder how many women would have been yanshed during ds period just to protect themselves from the disease...

Women & their toto shaaa...always thinking it can get them anything & anywhere they want...

Anyway dats none of my business....
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Rotimi47: 2:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
sauceny:
Even the powerless gods must be feeling funky
bad guy.
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by sCun: 2:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
The Chief Priest's version sounds more sensible than the rubbish from WHO.

1 Like

Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by mizkeleke(f): 2:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
Its very funny knowing that people still believe in superstition.... SMH
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by anonimi: 2:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
OP,

I think herbicide is DIFFERENT from pesticide!
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by hamilton62(m): 2:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
freshcvv:
How come the poison handpicked those go died?

How come they are mostly young men between 25 and 40 years of age?
That's a question left for the scientist and doctors
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by cmpunk: 3:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
"The victims began showing symptoms early
last week in what Ondo state spokesman
Kayode Akinmade called a “mysterious
disease”, prompting fears of a new infectious
disease outbreak in a region ravaged by
Ebola."

Is Nigeria or West Africa still ravaged by Ebola?
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Missmossy(f): 3:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
Chai! Ignorance at its highest peak.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying / Tick Borne Virus Spreads In China. / Help My Mother Diagnose This Infection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.