Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? (3678 Views)

Conversation Between A Mother And Her Child Who Caught Her Cheating On His Dad. / Incredible Recovery Of The Nigerian 'witch Child' Who Was Left For Dead / Higher Education And The Female Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Rapmoney(m): 3:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
We all know because it is no longer news that the Nigerian economy is not friendly, due to the soaring prices of consumer goods and services! Upkeep of the home has not been easy for some folks too. Life in Nigeria nor be beans o! grin

So who is more expensive to raise in Nigeria? The male child or the female?

For me, I think the male child is more expensive to raise! Male children normally leave their parents homes later than their female counterparts!!! It is uncommon to see young women over 26 still living with their folks in most parts of Nigeria but it is very common to see young men who are above that age still living with their folks and depending on them for food and shelter! wink Parents take care of male children until they can stand on their own...until then, you as the parents would need to cater for their needs!

Again, females normally start having admirers at a young age (teens). They easily get gifts in cash and kinds from boyfriends and admirers, thereby, reducing the dependence these females would normally place on their parents! In the case of the male child, he would need to hussle in sweat or depend on the parents. Guess what? More expense on the folks!

Views are welcomed...
Good Afternoon everyone and Happy Sunday cheesy
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by shaddi(m): 3:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
Males
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Rapmoney(m): 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
shaddi:
Males
Good. So what are the reasons you think it is the male child? Coz I gave some few reasons cheesy
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
Rapmoney:
Good. So what are the reasons you think it is the male child? Coz I gave some few reasons cheesy

See assignment o grin

1 Like

Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Dyt(f): 4:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
Same
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Rapmoney(m): 4:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
We shouldn't forget that girls marry and go to their husband's home at an ealier age than boys too wink
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Rapmoney(m): 4:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
himkers:

See assignment o grin
It is not an assignment! It is a debate. I am sure you know what that means cool
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Rapmoney(m): 4:04pm On Apr 19, 2015
Dyt:
Same
cheesy
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Noloss(f): 4:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
It's female joor but don't ask me why cob am enjoying my nap now maybe later. Ish
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Rapmoney(m): 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
Noloss:
It's female joor but don't ask me why cob am enjoying my nap now maybe later. Ish
Ok madam.
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by politricks: 4:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
Gaskiya na females
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
None
Nobody can tell what would happen in the future. Nobody can tell the future of a child, not even the parent.
So you see, you definitely can`t determine who`s more expensive to raise between a male and a female child.
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by nurey(m): 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
It cost more to raise a female child than a male and my reasons are, at baby age, the female child would need ear piercing and special care inorder to be protected from being molested. Also she will start wearing pant at an early age b4 the male and she will have many because of her delicate private par.t

As they grow, the female child would need extra clothes like skirt, shimi, undies, bra, scarf and female clothes don't come cheap compared to boys.

The female child needs pad (always) monthly which a boy doesn't need also, she needs more jewelries compared to her male counterpart (necklace, bangles, ear ring, belly buttons etc) and she needs them in assorted colours and designs.

At a more advance age, the female child needs extra care, special dressing and body guard for outings to protect her from preying eyes of the opposite sex, she asks for anything and she is given, also she gets more allowance than a male counter part of same year inorder for her not to outsource her needs.

When she is ready to get married, she wants the whole 9 yard and I can tell u the wedding aint gonna be easy on the parents, u buy wear, jewelries and make her happy by spending tooth and nail, as for the male who is at home, the parents don't give him shi shi, he has to go and hustle but the female child still gets allawee inorder to make her comfortable.

Panel of judges, accurate time keeper, my fellow debater, the audience, I move my motion with this arguments to say the female child is more expensive to take care than male counter part

THANK YOU.

9 Likes

Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by damseyl(f): 9:42pm On Apr 19, 2015
Female
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Rapmoney(m): 10:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
nurey:
It cost more to raise a female child than a male and my reasons are, at baby age, the female child would need ear piercing and special care inorder to be protected from being molested. Also she will start wearing pant at an early age b4 the male and she will have many because of her delicate private par.t

As they grow, the female child would need extra clothes like skirt, shimi, undies, bra, scarf and female clothes don't come cheap compared to boys.

The female child needs pad (always) monthly which a boy doesn't need also, she needs more jewelries compared to her male counterpart (necklace, bangles, ear ring, belly buttons etc) and she needs them in assorted colours and designs.

At a more advance age, the female child needs extra care, special dressing and body guard for outings to protect her from preying eyes of the opposite sex, she asks for anything and she is given, also she gets more allowance than a male counter part of same year inorder for her not to outsource her needs.

When she is ready to get married, she wants the whole 9 yard and I can tell u the wedding aint gonna be easy on the parents, u buy wear, jewelries and make her happy by spending tooth and nail, as for the male who is at home, the parents don't give him shi shi, he has to go and hustle but the female child still gets allawee inorder to make her comfortable.

Panel of judges, accurate time keeper, my fellow debater, the audience, I move my motion with this arguments to say the female child is more expensive to take care than male counter part

THANK YOU.
Ok, I got that but do you know those clothes, pads and the rest you mentioned are very cheap compared to the amount of money you would spend when the female children are married and in their husbands' house and the male children are still living in their folks' homes? When they are still dependent on their folks?
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Rapmoney(m): 10:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
damseyl:
Female
Reasons?
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by SUV(f): 10:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
Hihihihi: female of course.

I hv 2males and 1 female, I spend more on my baby girl twice what I spend on d boys in a month. Just her hair do cost me at least,N1000 every 2wks and d boys use N300 for both of them for haircut once a month. On this basis alone.

I don't want to go into wears, accessories etc.

3 Likes

Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Rapmoney(m): 10:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
SUV:
Hihihihi: female of course.

I hv 2males and 1 female, I spend more on my baby girl twice what I spend on d boys in a month. Just her hair do cost me at least,N1000 every 2wks and d boys use N300 for both of them for haircut once a month. On this basis alone.

I don't want to go into wears, accessories etc.
Who leaves the house first? The girls!!! Do you know you can fend for the boys 7 years after their younger sisters have gotten married?
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by damseyl(f): 10:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
Rapmoney:
Reasons?
a female child is being taken care of more than a male child.

The parent will make sure they satisfied all her need she asked for, so guys won't entice her
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Rapmoney(m): 10:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
damseyl:
a female child is being taken care of more than a male child.

The parent will make sure they satisfied all her need she asked for, so guys won't entice her
How many parents still do that? The parents know still that no matter what they give to their daughters, they would not stop to 'collect' from 'external sources' wink
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Pavore9: 4:35am On Apr 20, 2015
lt is definitely the female child.
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Rapmoney(m): 7:16am On Apr 20, 2015
Ok...more contributions please! cheesy
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by vickkyruby(f): 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2015
It think the posters above me have said it all.
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by sorextee(m): 9:46pm On Apr 20, 2015
There's this 33 year old man still living with his parents... yesterday, he was fighting with his younger broda, over head of fish..

Judging from my family, I feel ladies re more expensive to raise. I have 4 sisters, nd I'm d only guy.. my dad will spend a lot, just to keep dem satisfied..
Whenever any of dem wan comot, a driver is around, to take them.. if na me, my popc go dey reason me transport money..
I can't just explain the amount of things he buys, when he returns from a journey....
He just gives them money anyhow, to buy things cos I understand my sisters won't be comfortable telling him dey need money for pads, undies, etc..

1 Like

Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Rapmoney(m): 1:05am On Apr 21, 2015
sorextee:
There's this 33 year old man still living with his parents... yesterday, he was fighting with his younger broda, over head of fish..

Judging from my family, I feel ladies re more expensive to raise. I have 4 sisters, nd I'm d only guy.. my dad will spend a lot, just to keep dem satisfied..
Whenever any of dem wan comot, a driver is around, to take them.. if na me, my popc go dey reason me transport money..
I can't just explain the amount of things he buys, when he returns from a journey....
He just gives them money anyhow, to buy things cos I understand my sisters won't be comfortable telling him dey need money for pads, undies, etc..
Lol @ the 33 years old man grin
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Nolablack85: 2:11am On Apr 21, 2015
Females I think, but I don't know because we have 3 sons. People keep saying if we have a girl, it would cost so much, and I believe them. Between the clothes, hairbows, socks, shoes, and hairdos, girls cost more than boys. We put our boys in tshirts and basketball shorts, though their shoes cost more. For a girl, she would certainly have a bigger wardrobe between clothes, shoes, and accessories. After highschool, I think they are even. Here, girls don't marry any earlier than boys though many of the girls I know have a more independent spirit. I'm willing to spend all that extra money to have a daughter. After 3 boys, I don't even think the boys would mind lavishing her in clothes and gifts.
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Jamean(f): 6:53am On Apr 21, 2015
Material & Money wise - Females
Psychologically - Male
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Oahray: 7:13am On Apr 21, 2015
If you are talking based on the child's need, and not just wants coupled with the parent's indulgence, then it's the female child, obviously.

However, gender isn't the biggest of determining factors. Children with special needs would always require more resources, regardless of gender. A parent with a favourite child is likely to spend more on that one, even if he/she doesn't really need it.

Your talk about supporting male children past the mid twenties, doesn't hold water. Many guys are already hustling for themselves way before then. Many girls stay with their parents till marriage, but guys would likely move out to seek greener pastures.
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by ttoniaben: 7:22am On Apr 21, 2015
nurey:

THANK YOU.
i agree with u
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by Rapmoney(m): 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
Nolablack85:
Females I think, but I don't know because we have 3 sons. People keep saying if we have a girl, it would cost so much, and I believe them. Between the clothes, hairbows, socks, shoes, and hairdos, girls cost more than boys. We put our boys in tshirts and basketball shorts, though their shoes cost more. For a girl, she would certainly have a bigger wardrobe between clothes, shoes, and accessories. After highschool, I think they are even. Here, girls don't marry any earlier than boys though many of the girls I know have a more independent spirit. I'm willing to spend all that extra money to have a daughter. After 3 boys, I don't even think the boys would mind lavishing her in clothes and gifts.
Am sure you and your family don't reside in Nigeria. Here, young women marry before their male counterparts. That places more burden on the part of the parents to cater for the males till they can stand on their own. Again, the high rate of unemployment is not doing any good to our male children since they need to struggle for their would-be wives and children. Women don't have much work to do because the men do 95% of the spending in marriage!
Re: MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? by mondaynelson20: 3:32pm On Nov 04, 2015
READ MY STORY ON HOW I HAVE BABY.
My Name is Moral,i live in California,i have a big testimony to say to the people who have Womb problem, I have been married for four years without any child, nor pregnancy and so i became very sad and lost hope in life because my doctor told me there is no way for me to get pregnant and this really make life so hard for me and this made my husband to turn away from me.My sister in-law told me about DR EZIKE from the Internet,how he has helped people with this similar problem that i am going through so i contacted him and explained to him. He told me not to worry and that everything we soon be okay.He cast a spell and it was a miracle to my greatest surprise three days later my husband came back to apologize for all he has done and told me he is fully ready to support me in any thing i want,and Dr.EZIKE he gave me just water from his temple to drink and he also gave my husband some thing to rub before we made love.just few months later i got pregnant and gave birth to twins (boy and girl) we are now a happy family.i will advice you to email him now,ID:drezikespellcasterhome@outlook.com I am so happy!! if you also need help to get pregnant or need your ex back please contact him for help via email:drezikespellcasterhome@outlook.com if you are out there passing through any of this problems or predicaments in your life.his mobile number on what/apps:+2348167554235.....

(1) (Reply)

He Wants Me To Return To The Village With Him. / Must read: Unintentionally, My Mother Is Killing Us, Pls Help / Would You Date A Single Parent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.