Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,843 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:09 AM

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" - Properties (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" (94995 Views)

**the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Duplex + Penthouse" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 3:38am On Aug 08, 2015
Empiree:
Well, friend dey vex gidi gaan ni when i gave him your advice. And he sent me this pix as he dey vex grin . He said: "i know some ppl gonna tell me to be patient. I hate the f*cking thing" grin
He's calm now.

Yes. Your friend don Vex plenty, plenty. But tell him "Agidi ko ran nothing o" He needs to cool down and surprise them with his attitude.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 12:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
Scenes from the cast of the second concrete fascia, today.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
Oga Spyder, I know you've explained this to me before but I still can't get it.

What exactly holds the parapet up? Is it merely bonded by concrete to the last course of bricks above the lintel? I see rebar, where does the rebar hook up to, the pillars in the area?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 12:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
Meanwhile, we have started roofing the duplex side. ........

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 1:39pm On Aug 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

What exactly holds the parapet up? Is it merely bonded by concrete to the last course of bricks above the lintel? I see rebar, where does the rebar hook up to, the pillars in the area?

This is what really holds the parapet, a rebar that is also a ring on the beam reinforcement.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by kopell: 1:55pm On Aug 11, 2015
@Egunmogaji, you need to pay attention in class when proffesor Spyder is giving lecture. Good student alway ask till they understand LOL. Profesor what type of wood will you recommend with considering wight, resistance to termites without breaking bank. Please name fee.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 2:02pm On Aug 11, 2015
spyder880:
Scenes from the cast of the second concrete fascia, today.

Oga Spyder doing Parapets since 1800BC. Some so-called professionals needs lecture.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

It's actually very more involved... it's like a decking work. What holds up deckings if not those irons bars and the good mixture of concrete; same for parapets... but it has to be done in a right way... so it does not fall. You need to see the whole process...
As much as I love Parapets, I am still scared of them, same as cantilevers... but that's my personal phobia.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
spyder880:

This is what really holds the parapet, a rebar that is also a ring on the beam reinforcement.

Sorry Boss for my elementary question.

So the beam reinforcement goes around the perimeter of the building then.

It's starting to make sense.

So the only way this can fall (apart from crumbling concrete from bad mixture) is if the entire beam reinforcement goes. If so then I need not be afraid when I walk under parapets any more.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 11, 2015
kopell:
@Egunmogaji, you need to pay attention in class when proffesor Spyder is giving lecture. Good student alway ask till they understand LOL. Profesor what type of wood will you recommend with considering wight, resistance to termites without breaking bank. Please name fee.

I hang my head in shame. I'll stop sitting in the back of the class and chasing skirts and instead sit in the front grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 2:11pm On Aug 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Sorry Boss for my elementary question.
So the beam reinforcement goes around the perimeter of the building then.
It's starting to make sense.
So the only way this can fall (apart from crumbling concrete from bad mixture) is if the entire beam reinforcement goes. If so then I need not be afraid when I walk under parapets any more.

Chicken!!! Why is it that all the rich people are always afraid to die? Too much Money, EgunMogaji.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
mufutau55:

Chicken!!! Why is it that all the rich people are always afraid to die? Too much Money, EgunMogaji.

Hajji M.

I'm rich alright but boss you are wealth and there's a big difference. Oprah Winfrey is rich, Bill Gates is wealth. If Bill Gates wakes up to find he has only Oprahs money left he will jump out of the nearest window - Chris Rock grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I'm rich alright but boss you are wealth and there's a big difference. Oprah Winfrey is rich, Bill Gates is wealth. If Bill Gates wakes up to find he has only Oprahs money left he will jump out of the nearest window - Chris Rock grin

LOL!! I just can't have you cornered. I concur sir.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by kesterjay(m): 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
Our company AC YAFENG west Africa is an American Chinese construction company. We are into Estate and huge projects in Nigeria. We have done projects that runs into millions of dollars. We are currently handling a project of about 8 floors of over 200 units of one bedroom and two bedrooms apartments for sale at Golden Tulip hotel Amuwo odofin, lagos for out right sale.
U can partner with us if u have building project or Estate that u want us to fund, build and supply any building materials likes Spanish tiles e.t.c
Come to our office at Diamond estate at Golden tulip
or call the marketer Mr Kester on 08033388685,
my email address kesterjay4u@yahoo.com.
Come so we can discuss.

U dream, we build it and make it a reality

website, www.acyafeng.com
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 2:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
Some are much more reinforced than decking. .......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
spyder880:
Some are much more reinforced than decking. .......

I have seen all your parapets works... that is why I told him "it's more involved" I just used decking process as an example.
You are the Man. Your pictures always complete the lecture in praticality...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 2:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
@ EgunMogaji, please send me a mail to ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk, I cannot access my Nairaland pm.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by kopell: 2:33pm On Aug 11, 2015
@keterjay are you guys building new project or renovating the existing once. How much will those apartment cost, I think it will better to post those information on your website, for many that are not in Nigeria to know how go about it.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 11, 2015
spyder880:
@ EgunMogaji, please send me a mail to ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk, I cannot access my Nairaland pm.

Thank you mi Oga, I will do so.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by kesterjay(m): 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2015
kopell:
@keterjay are you guys building new project or renovating the existing once. How much will those apartment cost, I think it will better to post those information on your website, for many that are not in Nigeria to know how go about it.

we have built several projects outside Nigeria and we are 3 years in Nigeria. we build, renovate and re construct housing projects any where in Nigeria.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by kopell: 3:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
[quote author=kesterjay post=36846763]

we have built several projects outside Nigeria and we are 3 years in Nigeria. we build, renovate and re construct housing projects any where in Nigeria.

Sorry. I am referring to project location in Festac town in Lagos Nigeria.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 11:16am On Aug 12, 2015
At the back of the block of flats. ......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 11:20am On Aug 12, 2015
We have cast and completed this parapet yesterday. ........ just inspecting the works this morning

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 11:25am On Aug 12, 2015
The roofing is also ongoing, time for me to go check out some roofing sheets. .........

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by kopell: 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2015
@Spyder what type of wood will you recommend with considering wight, resistance to termites without breaking bank. Please name few from your experience.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 12, 2015
One thing that I now realize is that this parapet fandagle actually also provides security. Men of the underworld are now sealed against an easy ingress into the house via the roof especially on bungalows.

For those if us not well heeled enough to afford parapets how can we secure that area?

I think I've only just been seeing PVC used which frankly offers no protection, IMHO.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by twinskenny(m): 12:49pm On Aug 12, 2015
spyder880:
We have cast and completed this parapet yesterday. ........ just inspecting the works this morning

nice done chief...
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
EgunMogaji:
One thing that I now realize is that this parapet fandagle actually also provides security. Men of the underworld are now sealed against an easy ingress into the house via the roof especially on bungalows.

For those if us not well heeled enough to afford parapets how can we secure that area?

I think I've only just been seeing PVC used which frankly offers no protection, IMHO.

On one of my project because of fund... (I am poor guy) we just used the Aluminium sheets, but I made sure they first nailed some planks (1x12x12) inside and cover it with the sheet... so, if the thieves "ogbologbo ole" decides to remove the sheet they will still encounter the wood.. but then my carpenter thought I was stupid until he finished the jobs and now realized what I was doing and loved it...
But Yes, parapet is a good security that deters entry to thru the roof...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
mufutau55:

On one of my project because of fund... ( I am poor guy) we just used the Aluminium sheets, but I made sure they first nailed some planks (1x12x12) inside and cover it with the sheet... so, if the thieves "ogbologbo ole" decides to remove the sheet they will still encounter the wood.. but then my carpenter thought I was stupid until he finished the jobs and now realized what I was doing and loved it...

Hajji M.

Duly noted and eccentric hat put back on to tackle this.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Empiree: 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2015

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by gabbytabby: 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2015
mufutau55:

On one of my project because of fund... ( I am poor guy) we just used the Aluminium sheets, but I made sure they first nailed some planks (1x12x12) inside and cover it with the sheet... so, if the thieves "ogbologbo ole" decides to remove the sheet they will still encounter the wood.. but then my carpenter thought I was stupid until he finished the jobs and now realized what I was doing and loved it...

Hajji M.

On the issue of security I have come to realise that the prayer needs to be God's protection cos I locked myself out once and if you see the ease with which this was resolved, I now know that only the opportunist is kept out not the career criminals.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
gabbytabby:

On the issue of security I have come to realise that the prayer needs to be God's protection cos I locked myself out once and if you see t[b]he ease with which this was resolved[/b], I now know that only the opportunist is kept out not the career criminals.

We'll see about that grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply)

Latest New Year Promo Prices For High Quality Imported Doors. / Latest Promo Price For Stone Coated Roof Sheets / Ask All Your Questions On Building Foundations/structural Issues -expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.