Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,183 members, 7,780,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:27 AM

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" (94993 Views)

**the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Duplex + Penthouse" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
spyder880:
This is the foundation of the block of flats. ......

We are waiting for the 3D design on that one too.. oh.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
Very tall starter bars, double column mats for double columns. .......

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 3:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
mufutau55:

We are waiting for the 3D design on that one too.. oh.

Hajji M.

Yes I will attach that later, thank you Sir.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 3:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
Do a blinding on the column base, place the column basket and stand the bars........

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 3:48pm On Apr 27, 2015
Continue. .....

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
Still working. .....

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
spyder880:
Do a blinding on the column base, place the column basket and stand the bars........

The Standing Bars are Y12 or Y16? And what size is the column baskets? Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by nairacountry(m): 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
mufutau55:
Please do not derail this thread of off-topic discussions or questions. Please let's stay on course to learn and enjoy this thread. Thank you.
Hajji M.

Stating d sinking cost (Borehole) without further discussion on it will not in anyway derail d thread sir. Thank you
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 4:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
mufutau55:

The Standing Bars are Y12 or Y16? And what size is the column baskets? Thanks.

Hajji M.

Y 16
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 4:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
nairacountry:

Stating d sinking cost (Borehole) without further discussion on it will not in anyway derail d thread sir. Thank you

The borehole cost us N100,000 to drill.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
nairacountry:

Did you get a Private email? If not, you are not the concerned party...

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 4:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
spyder880:

Y 16

Thanks Boss.. Can't tell from the pics.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by erico2k2(m): 7:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
spyder880:

ate
Thats fair price in PHC to be honest,I used N85 at Oghara Delta state.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by nwabuwa: 7:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
silently following
.pls sir. what makes the column basket to be of same level with the blinded trench cause I can see one on top d blind.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 8:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
nwabuwa:
silently following
.pls sir. what makes the column basket to be of same level with the blinded trench cause I can see one on top d blind.

The column basket is not on the same level with the blinded portions. Except for where we are still positioning then on top of the blinded column base. A column basket can only be in a base, not on the trench. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by 2sex(m): 8:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
spyder880:

wow, that's cheap. Well it's PH so it shouldn't be much cos the water table is higher. Place like Ogun state where our family house is located they charged us 170k because the one we drilled is blocked.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by jfkenny(m): 8:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
spyder880:

The column basket is not on the same level with the blinded portions. Except for where we are still positioning then on top of the blinded column base. A column basket can only be in a base, not on the trench. Thanks.

grateful my emaster .

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by jfkenny(m): 9:00pm On Apr 27, 2015
spyder880:

grateful my emaster .
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:26am On Apr 29, 2015
Having completed the foundation casting of the duplex side..........

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:27am On Apr 29, 2015
I have started selecting the best made blocks in Port Harcourt

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:30am On Apr 29, 2015
The blocks we are going to use, loading now........

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Glaxx(m): 6:46am On Apr 29, 2015
Please, can you include the cost at each stage. That's why most are following this thread.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by 2sex(m): 10:50am On Apr 29, 2015
spyder880:
Having completed the foundation casting of the duplex side..........
Please what is the cost of the hollow blocks? Which is better between hollow and non hollow blocks? which is cheaper among the two types?

Here in Benin, over 70 % of the houses are built with non-hollow blocks and I begin to wonder why it's so. I guess it has to do with cost though but what could be the differentials cost/ price-wise?

I would prefer a hollow block for my forthcoming project though. What is the cost of molding the hollow blocks on site as against buy off factory and which is better comparatively?

So for my too many questions ooo
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by elchux: 11:32am On Apr 29, 2015
@ spyder 880.
Can i have your biz. e mail account.
mine is elchuxyo@gmail.com.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by PHfinest(m): 6:23pm On Apr 29, 2015
elchux:
@ spyder 880.

There is this thing on his profile page that has an @ sign. I guess it is an email address.

6 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
elchux:
@ spyder 880.

PHfinest:

There is this thing on his profile page that has an @ sign. I guess it is an email address.

Thank you Sir, you can reach me on ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk or call 08033350750, 07081821271, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
2sex:
Please what is the cost of the hollow blocks? Which is better between hollow and non hollow blocks? which is cheaper among the two types?

Here in Benin, over 70 % of the houses are built with non-hollow blocks and I begin to wonder why it's so. I guess it has to do with cost though but what could be the differentials cost/ price-wise?

I would prefer a hollow block for my forthcoming project though. What is the cost of molding the hollow blocks on site as against buy off factory and which is better comparatively?

So for my too many questions ooo

Those are 9" hollow blocks and they cost me N170 each. Find all the other information you need about blocks dynamics from this link...... http://amazingviewpoints..com/2014/10/the-technology-of-block-making.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
We have started laying foundation blocks in the duplex side, while work continues to completely blind the foundation of the block of flats. More pictures tomorrow.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by kelvin1191(m): 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
spyder880:

can the manual drillers be used anywhere in the country.? Eg north central states
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
kelvin1191:

can the manual drillers be used anywhere in the country.? Eg north central states

No, different soil type and water table.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 11:10am On Apr 30, 2015
Foundation partitioning of the duplex side ongoing now.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by 2sex(m): 11:57am On Apr 30, 2015
kelvin1191:

in places with hard soil terrain, rocky environments, you can't use the manual drilling, especially where the water table is VERY low which will take lots of time to drill.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Latest New Year Promo Prices For High Quality Imported Doors. / Latest Promo Price For Stone Coated Roof Sheets / Ask All Your Questions On Building Foundations/structural Issues -expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.