Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,774 members, 7,806,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" (95230 Views)

**the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Duplex + Penthouse" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by InvertedHammer: 6:00am On May 20, 2015
Alwaysareward:

Spyder and others who can assist with this....I need info on chippings. How much can I buy 30 tons of chipping for my project starting in port harcourt. And where can I buy it?.
/
With a "very" special arrangement, you can get a full 30T load for N200k.

\
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by sophy17(m): 12:05pm On May 20, 2015
A big thank you to @ Spyder for this thread. I noticed you did not put any iron rod on the filled foundation before putting the concrete, instead you laid nylon and poured concrete. Please explain cos am about to start my project and i've been told to buy iron mesh or 8mm for this purpose. thks
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 1:43pm On May 20, 2015
sophy17:
A big thank you to @ Spyder for this thread. I noticed you did not put any iron rod on the filled foundation before putting the concrete, instead you laid nylon and poured concrete. Please explain cos am about to start my project and i've been told to buy iron mesh or 8mm for this purpose. thks

It all depends on you land and soil composition. Please let a professional look at your site and advice you accordingly. Thanks.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 1:50pm On May 20, 2015
As at 2 hours ago. ......

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mank1234(m): 4:02pm On May 20, 2015
Oga Spider, pls help analyse this quote I got from my builder for foundation and pillar casting up to dpc but excluding the German floor. The foundation trench is a total of 150m with 150mm depth of casting along the trench. 21 pillars each 1200mm x 1200 mm with casting depth of 450mm.

60ton of granite
5trips of sand
220 bags of cement

I've been able to calculate quantities of rods base on your previous posts and tips from buildingcontractorsecrets.com. But I'm in a fix as to if the above quotes is reasonable. Please help me out. Is it okay?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:45pm On May 20, 2015
mank1234:
Oga Spider, pls help analyse this quote I got from my builder for foundation and pillar casting up to dpc but excluding the German floor. The foundation trench is a total of 150m with 150mm depth of casting along the trench. 21 pillars each 1200mm x 1200 mm with casting depth of 450mm.

60ton of granite
5trips of sand
220 bags of cement

I've been able to calculate quantities of rods base on your previous posts and tips from buildingcontractorsecrets.com. But I'm in a fix as to if the above quotes is reasonable. Please help me out. Is it okay?

If he is not doing the German floor, 60 tons of granite might be too much, same as cement.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:47pm On May 20, 2015
Keep it going. ......

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Alwaysareward: 6:50pm On May 20, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
With a "very" special arrangement, you can get a full 30T load for N200k.

\
Thanks my brother. they have started digging the foundation and my workers are making full progress. the next thing is to order for trips of red muds and people are giving crazy quotations......from your experience, what is the average cost of a trip of red mud and how many do i need to fill up the entire foundation of a duplex of 5 rooms in total (both up and down). (I am enjoying your thread)
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:03pm On May 20, 2015
Still rising. .......

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by sophy17(m): 9:53pm On May 20, 2015
spyder880:

It all depends on you land and soil composition. Please let a professional look at your site and advice you accordingly. Thanks.
thanks
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by InvertedHammer: 11:47pm On May 20, 2015
Spyder880:

Beyond real estate, you are one of the heroes in the country--providing source of livelihood to many families in this era of high unemployment rate. Even though you may not fully understand the impacts of your gesture, it is very remarkable.

May God reward your efforts abundantly.

/

8 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:46am On May 21, 2015
InvertedHammer:
Spyder880:

Beyond real estate, you are one of the heroes in the country--providing source of livelihood to many families in this era of high unemployment rate. Even though you may not fully understand the impacts of your gesture, it is very remarkable.

May God reward your efforts abundantly.

/

Thank you Sir. May God bless you too.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Alwaysareward: 12:17am On May 22, 2015
spyder880:

Thank you Sir. May God bless you too.

Hello, My next step is to order trips of red muds. from your experience, what is the average cost of a trip of red mud and how many do i need to fill up the entire foundation of a duplex of 5 rooms in total (both up and down). (I am enjoying your thread)
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 10:53am On May 26, 2015
We continue with column covers and lintels. .......

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Graceovereffort(f): 1:13pm On May 26, 2015
Keep it going. Following seriously
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by iwatch: 2:16pm On May 26, 2015
Sir Spyder, please what is the normal width that a building should have? Someone has design of 41feet. Isn't that too much for a width?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 4:33pm On May 26, 2015
iwatch:
Sir Spyder, please what is the normal width that a building should have? Someone has design of 41feet. Isn't that too much for a width?

For some extra large pocket guys, 41 ft wide house is too small, maybe for the servants and drivers cheesy cheesy
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Onuokwu: 6:43pm On May 26, 2015
spyder880:
Filling up the foundation of this block of flats is ongoing, despite the delays caused by heavy rains.

So in truth, rains do delay construction activities no matter the quantum of cash one has in the bank. I have heard people say it repeatedly that only those without money complain that the rainy season is delaying them.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by iwatch: 7:20pm On May 26, 2015
spyder880:

For some extra large pocket guys, 41 ft wide house is too small, maybe for the servants and drivers cheesy cheesy
hmmm... Na wa o. I mean for a bungalow sir. On average what should be the width.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by write2obi(m): 8:33pm On May 26, 2015
Oga spyder i can't stop admiring that white house at the background cheesy, the house is fine oo

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:23pm On May 26, 2015
Onuokwu:

So in truth, rains do delay construction activities no matter the quantum of cash one has in the bank. I have heard people say it repeatedly that only those without money complain that the rainy season is delaying them.

Rains can disturb construction activities momentarily. For instance, workers will take cover till the end of the downpour. Another stage of the work where rains can wreck havoc is the block laying process, rains can wash off mortar and make the blocks shaky or bent.

But if you contract me to work 24 hours under a special agreement, to deliver fast, I can cover the site from rains and mount searchlights all night long, workers will be doing shifts and overtime work. I can even employ rain makers to live at the site and prevent any rains grin (just joking sha)

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:27pm On May 26, 2015
At the second building, the block of flats, we had completed the concrete cast of the foundation.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:29pm On May 26, 2015
write2obi:
Oga spyder i can't stop admiring that white house at the background cheesy, the house is fine oo

l fully agree, it's a lovely building.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Druman(m): 6:35am On May 27, 2015
Spider great work. I presume some of your labour and workmen force are source locally. May be most times outside your station. Which happen to most of us builders. Thus, I will advise you factor the cost minimum for PPE's. When bidding for your project. it will help your image as someone rightly suggested. Cheers and wish you success in this project.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 8:14am On May 27, 2015
Druman:
Spider great work. I presume some of your labour and workmen force are source locally. May be most times outside your station. Which happen to most of us builders. Thus, I will advise you factor the cost minimum for PPE's. When bidding for your project. it will help your image as someone rightly suggested. Cheers and wish you success in this project.

Great points, its not as if we are not buying and enforcing the use of PPEs, but the will to use is something we need to add additional efforts to. They just use and dump them as they go. We closed almost at night yesterday, and I found this in the morning.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 8:17am On May 27, 2015
Let's start forming the rooms in the block of flats. .......

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 2:41pm On May 27, 2015
Forming rooms with blocks. ......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by sule4: 3:55pm On May 27, 2015
spyder880:
Let's start forming the rooms in the block of flats. .......
Alaye spyder, in forming the rooms after the over site concrete, how do you target the exact spots where the foundation was laid under the concrete?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by erico2k2(m): 4:31pm On May 27, 2015
sule4:

Alaye spyder, in forming the rooms after the over site concrete, how do you target the exact spots where the foundation was laid under the concrete?
Nice question but I think he goes back to the original plan plus measurement.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2015
erico2k2:

Nice question but I think he goes back to the original plan plus measurement.

Certainly, we bring out the plans again and obey all the specifications.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by sule4: 4:43pm On May 27, 2015
Thanks.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 4:43pm On May 27, 2015
spyder880:

Certainly, we bring out the plans again and obey all the specifications.

And I am sure those irons potruding helps too..
Thanks for the other helps Spyder, much appreciated..

Hajji M.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

Latest New Year Promo Prices For High Quality Imported Doors. / OUR Cctv Installation With Pictures.. / Ask All Your Questions On Building Foundations/structural Issues -expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.